Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kiran Kalra
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kiran KalraYour feedback matters!
I am planning to conceive,but my mensulation is regular but for last june 2014 its e regular from in few month 10 to 15 days in the month of june and dec but in the month of jan i did not get mensulalation till 1st of march the last mensuration last starting date is 9th dec. So,i want to knew why its delay and also i not get positive result.
Pregnancy brings with it many changes, such as physical and emotional. On one hand, you are changing your appearance completely as a person. On the other, your hormones are playing havoc and you are not sure if you are feeling happy, sad, confused, anger all at the same time or within short timespan. There could also be forgetfulness in some women.
It is not just you, but people around you also who are not sure how to manage this, especially your partner, who needs to be explained why this is happening. If you already have a child, don't be surprised if the first child feels very nervous and anxious about your mood swings.
However, good news is that these mood swings settle down and can be managed with a little bit of conscious effort. It is generally noted that the mood swings are worst in the first trimester and settle down gradually during the second trimester onwards. Women are more in control of their emotions and feelings. Though you may not voice it out, there are many concerns going on in your head with your pregnancy and these definitely make you anxious. As your due date nears, expect a surge in your anxiety/fear levels.
Simple methods to deal with mood swings:
- Talk it out: Whether your concern is, if your baby will be healthy or how will you manage finances, the best option is to discuss with your spouse about the same. You could also find support with close friends and relatives. Look for online support groups or from friends from your doctor's clinic you will find that everybody lends an ear and shoulder to support you.
- Rest: Pregnancy is extremely tiring physically and fatigue adds to your irritability. As it also plays with your regular sleep patterns, try and get as much rest and sleep for shorter durations whenever possible. If you are working, discuss with your boss to be able to take breaks.
- Exercise: Consult with your doctor and make sure you follow an exercise regime tailored for you. This not only reduces fatigue but makes you more active and less irritable.
- Nutrition: While you have your cravings, ensure you eat a healthy balanced diet. This not only contributes to physical well-being but also your emotional health.
- Socialize: Try and make new friends or spend time with old ones. They would be extremely delighted to hear your small talks and in the process, you would feel relaxed and happy too.
- Pamper yourself: While there is no point going shopping or pub hopping, treat yourself to a massage at a nearby spa or spend time reading a book or watching a movie. These can be extremely relaxing and easy to follow.
Needless to say, as much as they may sound unpleasant, the entire experience of these mood swings will leave you a different person.
A Pap Smear is a screening test done to to test for occurrence of uterine cancer. Carried out in a quick and simple way to extract a sample, the sample is collected from the cervix area of a woman during a pelvic exam. The examination of the sample takes place under a microscope thereafter to find abnormalities that can point towards cancer and pre cancer changes.
There are many reasons why women should get a pap smear screening done:
- Women who are HIV positive should get this test done regularly so as to detect any anomalies in the cervix. This condition usually comes with higher risk of infections and cancer, which is why regular screening is required.
- Age is also another factor and women over the age of 30 should go through an annual screening on a compulsory basis. This is also true for women who have been through pregnancy and childbirth.
Preparing for a Pap Smear: To prepare for a pap smear test, you need to ensure that you are not menstruating at the time. Also, you may want to avoid sexual activity just before the test so as to get the most accurate readings. During the process, remember to stay calm and relax your body physically.
Procedure: The pap smear procedure is a quick one that might be only slightly uncomfortable. This test is usually carried out on the examination table at the gynecologist's clinic. The legs will need to be spread and placed in stirrups. The doctor will insert a speculum to hold open the vaginal opening so that the spatula can be inserted easily to take a sample from the area. This sample of the cells will be tested in a lab after due preservation.
Test Results: The test results can either be normal or abnormal. An abnormal result does not point at the presence of cancer. Rather it can simply mean that abnormal cells exist in the cervix. The doctor may ask you to go through these tests and screening more frequently so as to study the anomalies in a more detailed manner.
Hello doctor. I'm pregnant. For 34 weeks, my baby weight is 2.5 kg. Doctor says it's little higher weight for 34 week pregnancy. Everyday I take 2 times rice as breakfast and lunch. Is tat a reason for over weight of my baby.
My lmp is 29 jan 2016 n edd is 6 nov. Bt we had intercourse only between 12-16 feb. Im in which mnth or weeks of pregnancy n if I conceived between 12-16 feb wat is my due date?
Hi doctor I am 19 years old ,female. I had unprotected sex on 30th may. My last period date was 29th April but till now period has not occurred .I m worried so I took unwanted 72 on 15th June .Can I be safe nd avoid unwanted pregnancy? Nd when will be my upcoming periods happen? I am really worried .Plz sort my problem as soon as possible. Hope you ll care!
Dear dr. Mera 7 month ka baby h baby hone ke baad meri wife ka 4 month ke baad period time aaya tha aur ab 3 month ho gaya hai lekin period time nhi aaya hai please help me.
Hi my mother facing problem with swelling (watering the body) so which specialist we suppose to contact.
UTI stands for Urinary Tract Infection. There are 2 types of UTIs, one is lower tract infection and second is upper tract infection. Symptoms of lower tract are painful urination and frequent urination while symptoms of upper tract are fever and pain. This problem is seen more in women as compare to men. But good thing is that with the help of few easy tips, one can get rid of UTI completely or to a great extent. Let’s adopt this checklist.
1. Take plenty of water
2. Clean the area and urinate before and after intercourse
3. Avoid caffeine, alcohol, spicy food, drinks and artificial sweeteners
4. Be careful and regular with the treatment because if proper care is not taken, it can lead to kidney failure and blood poisoning.
5. Avoid smoking
6. Use fragrance free personal hygiene products
7. Apply heating pad if it pains
8. Take regular antibiotics on doctor’s advice
9. Drink Cranberry juice as helps in fighting infection
10. Take as much vitamin C as you can
11. Chew celery seeds
12. Maintain hygiene
13. Take horseradish
14. Wear comfortable or cotton clothing
15. Make regular visits to your washroom for emptying your bladder
16. Avoid eating chocolates
17. Drinking baking soda will also help in lessening the acidity of urine
18. Drink Parsley water
20. Eat lot of cucumbers
21. Take ginger tea instead of normal one
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.