Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kartikeya Bhargava
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. Kartikeya BhargavaYour feedback matters!
I am 36 male -5.5 height- weight-78 kg. I am feeling shorten of breath type feeling or you can say restlessness whole day. I don’t have any problem in doing physical work but failed to understand this type of feeling. My bp level is high like 135-40 (systolic) & 85-95 (diastolic). Please suggest what to do?
I have hyper tension for the last 10 years and I am 55 years male. I have been taking allopathy medicine and the BP stays around 160/90. I lead a healthy life style walking, cycling and yoga every day (total of more than 2 hours every day) Is there any permanent cure in ayurveda?
I am 63 year, diabetic with 104, 200 in fasting and pp. Cholesterol (T) 190. I am taking Glimestar 1M at morning with neurobian tbs 2 nos and glycomet 500 SR at night. Please advice me to control pp sugar level and cholesterol level.
I am 19 years old I have a problem in my chest it is very large and I have fat body so what can I do Please help me sir.
I am a 21 year old male, I have a problem of losing hair, also I having a pain in my chest left side close to heart. Sometime I have a problem to breath.
Please help me out, I have smoking habit & I want to leave it but its not going only & and from that I am getting little pain in my chest also so what should I do. & and one more problem is there with me only after my toilet I wash it out & clean with tissues paper I have seen blood coming out, so I am in little tens so please help me out.
I have cholesterol problem but I luv to have spicy food. Is it ok to have spicy food daily please help.
The blood normally exerts some pressure as it passes through the blood vessels. However, due to various reasons, mainly narrowing of the blood vessels, the pressure exerted could be higher, which is known as hypertension.
In the Unani system, early reference to high blood pressure appears as Imtila, though it is today popularly known as Zaghtuddam Qawi. Imtila talks about symptoms including a headache, bulging eyes, epistaxis (bleeding nose), heavy headedness, and headache.
Types: Unani system believes in two ways that can increase blood pressure and therefore two types
- Increased amount of blood in the vessels, which is caused a hot, moist temperament or the sanguineous type.
- Dryness of the vessels (caused by narrowing) increases blood pressure, leading to the dry, cold melancholic type.
Causes: Unani believes high blood pressure as a result of the following sequence of events.
- Weakening of the arteries
- Increased food consumption, which produces more blood
- Weak arteries which are not able to accommodate the increased amounts of blood
- This is a vicious cycle where the arteries are further damaged, leading to further sluggish flow, further increasing pressure.
Complications: High blood pressure is not an isolated health condition. It leads to multiple complications like
- Chronic heart disease
- Angina pectoris (heart attacks)
- Stroke and paralysis
- Higher levels of cholesterol
- Predisposition to diabetes
Management: Managing high blood pressure is a combination of treatment and prevention. There are multiple Unani herbs, which are used in multiple formulations which help by
- Relaxing the muscles of the heart
- Improves blood flow
- Eases the blood flow through the arteries
These can be taken regularly along with restrictions on diet and lifestyle which can help in improving blood pressure. These changes would include:
- Increased consumption of potassium-rich foods as it will counter the effect of sodium which causes higher blood pressure readings
- Avoid adding extra salt and reduce eating the salted, fried foods. Especially, if you have a family history, it is time to reduce salt intake at an early stage. This helps prolong the onset of high blood pressure
- Herbs like garlic, pepper, ginger, and lemon are helpful in controlling blood pressure
- Herbal teas including hibiscus and green tea are proven to help control blood pressure as opposed to a cup of coffee
- Dark chocolate with more than 70 per cent of cocoa is beneficial for the heart
- Needless to say, regular exercise including brisk walking which can improve heart’s health
- Deep breathing which improves oxygen consumption across arteries
- Reduce consumption of alcohol
- Quit or cut down on smoking
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!