Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Radiologists in India. You will find Radiologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can view profiles of all Radiologists online in Gurgaon. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kanupriya
Diagnostic X- Ray
Bone Densitometry Procedure
Uterine Artery Embolization
Treatment of Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome
Interventional Diagnostic Procedures
Angiography Radial Approach
Submit a review for Dr. KanupriyaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from slip disc from last 2 years. So many medicines have been also taken by me but nothing happened. There is pain also from neck to shoulder on right side. Suggest me what should be done?
I'm 25 years old. I've mild disk bulge in L4 and L5. Whether I can lead normal life or not? And it's curable completely or not? Pls tell me.
He his getting pain in Right mammary. He himself feel like burning sensation. We took him to hospital and initially they took x ray and said nothing. After few days my father feeling pain still so took to hospital again and for our concern they made CT scan after seeing that report they said no problem. By surfing in net am feeling is this a breast fat necrosis in male?
Prolapse disc surgery endoscopic can be done under local anaesthesia for aged patient with cardiac renal pulmonary functions normal?
My wife is suffering from slip disc in spine after mri doctor diagnosis that she also suffering bone tb with unbearable pain in lower portion. Now as per doctor advice completely she is in bed rest. Now she cannot able to stand. Kindly advice.
My mother's MRI X-Ray and many tests also done and she has taking medicines also for disc problem but there is no improvement in pain. Please recommend us.
Breast cancer is a type of cancer which occurs due to the development of cancerous cells in a person's breasts. Women are usually affected by breast cancer and breast cancer is one of the most common forms of cancer after skin cancer. Usually fatal if not diagnosed in its early stage, breast cancer is a very serious medical ailment. Read on more to find all about the different symptoms, causes, preventive measures and treatment of breast cancer.
Breast cancer has a few distinct characteristics and if you have a few or all the following symptoms you could be more likely to suffer from breast cancer.
- The formation of a lump in your breast which is different from the surrounding tissue and usually more thickened.
- The discharge of bloody fluid material from the nipples.
- Sudden change of the size, shape and appearance of the breast.
- Certain distinct changes to the skin over the breast for example an indentation in the skin similar to that of a dimple.
- Appearance of an extra nipple which is inverted.
- If the darkened area around the nipples known as the areola is flaking or peeling off.
Studies and researches remain inconclusive on what causes breast cancer. Breast cancer occurs due to abnormal division of the cells located in the breast which over time accumulate and form lumps. They
might spread to other parts of the body. Breast cancer is caused mainly due to a complex interaction of personal genetics, environment and lifestyle choices. Breast cancer can also be caused due to genetics as about 5% to 10% of cases are due to gene mutations which pass onto generations.
There are certain factors which increase the probability of contracting breast cancer. Increasing age, personal and family history of breast cancer, obesity, radiation exposure, pregnancy at an older age, post-menopausal hormone therapy are some of the factors that increase the chances of breast cancer.
Several forms of surgical methods exist to treat breast cancer. Depending on the condition and spread of the disease a suitable surgery is performed. These include mastectomy, lumpectomy, axillary lymph node dissection and removal of both breasts. Other forms of treatment include chemotherapy or the use of high doses of drugs to destroy cancerous cells. Radiation therapy where X-rays are used to destroy the cancer cells is also effective. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Breast cancer prevention begins from the adoption of healthy habits, which include limiting the consumption of alcohol, performing regular exercises and so on. When you are worried about breast cancer, you may be wondering what steps you could take for its prevention. The good news is that little changes in lifestyle can aid in reducing the risk factors, even when you have a family history of breast cancer, which cannot be altered.
Steps to minimize the risk of breast cancer
Lifestyle alterations have been proven to reduce the chances of breast cancer even in women with high risk. You can take the following steps for the prevention of breast cancer.
- Limit the consumption of alcohol: The more alcohol you drink, the higher is the risk of developing breast cancer. The general recommendation is therefore, limiting it to even less than 1 serving per day as even the smallest quantity can contribute to increasing the risk of breast cancer.
- Stop smoking right away: There is an evident link between smoking and the risk of having breast cancer, especially for premenopausal women. Plus, staying away from smoking is one of the best things you could do for maintaining your overall health.
- Try to maintain a healthy weight: When you are overweight or obese, it can invariably increase your risk of having breast cancer in the near future. This is of immense significance, if you suddenly gain weight after menopause.
- Take part in regular exercising: Physical activity can help you to have a healthy weight, which in turn aids in preventing the chances of breast cancer. The Department of Health and Human Sciences advises each and every individual to take part in 150 minutes of moderate aerobic exercise in a week or 75 minutes of moderate activity coupled with 30 minutes of strength training exercise at least twice a week.
- Breastfeeding can protect you: The longer you breastfeed, the greater is your protection against breast cancer.
- Avoid excess exposure to radiation as well as pollution: Though it is not in your hands, but you should try to limit your exposure to environmental pollution. Medical imaging procedures, like computerized tomography scan, make use of high-intensity radiation. There are numerous researches that show that there is an evident link between breast cancer and radiation exposure.
Follow these few tips to reduce your risk of developing breast cancer and lead a healthy life. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!