Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Kandarp VidyarthiYour feedback matters!
Sir my father daily suffering from leg pains at nights and thereby can't able to sleep upto mid night. He is having a gastric problem too which is making him not to eat anything. Please help him out of this. Thanking you sir.
I am having muscle spasm in my neck in the left side the pain from neck to all the way to my left hand when I wake up early morning and the pain comes and goes but because of which i'm not able to look down and its been 3 weeks and hasn't been cured yet after doing from heat treatment to physiotherapy to everything I can think.
My mother has swelling full legs and also blue colour spots iys pain too much in my legs and also when I am touching my legs with figure it makes small hole during some time. What is the main problem? Amd what to do?
She is suffering from this problem since 2004 and she feels that her muscles power is weak day by day and she is also suffering from hype thyroid and now thyroid is under control. Her age is 40 years and her weight is 50Kgs.
I am from mumbai I have back pain during working hour or home as well so please suggest how reduce my back bone pain.
Meri wife ki age 23 h.last 15-20 Dino se uske kandhe ke piche pain ho raha h.vaha jalan chalti h aur pain hota h continue. 5-6 din usne pain killer li thi jisse pain kam ho jata tha. Jab problem end nahi hue to m use doctor ko dhikhane le kar Gaya. Doctor ne uska x-ray kiya aur bataya ki uski gardan ki naso m tension h is reason se pain ho raha h. Nhone kuch medicine di aur exercise batayi. Lekin 4-5 Din ho Gaye koi effect nahi hua aur massage aur malish ka bi koi effect nahi hua. Spray lagane se pain aur increase ho jata h.pls help me and give me good suggestions.
Hi, I work in night shifts completely. I need few suggestions to keep myself health and strong. I need diet suggestions at what time I need to have food and he many hours need to take rest and what kind of exercise help me in being fit. I have headache problem which comes regularly, digestion problem gastric neck pain.
My knees are in pain most of the times I feel like my knees are tired even though if I have not done any heavy activity.
Sir I have a pain with my right side leg before 2 month but pain is increasing few date then now what can I doo please reply.
I am suffering from pain and strain in my eyes due to long sitting on mobile repairing and back pain.Please tell.
I am feeling severe pain on my leg (toe) and fingers for last one month. I consult with doctor, he advises after my blood test levels I. E. S. ACP 150, S. Calcium 9.7 and S. Phosphate tablet ACCELOVEN-P, OXCAL. PENTOPEN-40 and calcirol Sachet (once in week) for 15 days. Few days ago I red in medical article, smoking habit can lead to leg pain in few cases. Now I quit smoking habit. No improvement on pain. I never wish to take any medicine or pain killers. Please suggest healthy way to cure with physical exercises and healthy food habit.
Inflammation and resultant pain in the joints are usually the basic tenets of Arthritis. This joint disorder can be painful and often, a debilitating one. It can also make the joints stiff. There are many ways of dealing with this problem, but with Ayurveda, one can get to the root cause of the ailment and its presence. This helps in taking a well rounded holistic approach towards treating it with ancient know how that revolves around herbs and other natural substances which have great medicinal value, lifestyle changes, diet, exercise and yoga, oil massages, and other methods. Arthritis is known as Sandhivata in Ayurvedic jargon.
Read on to find out how Ayurveda can help in dealing with Arthritis.
- Herbs: One can make use of various herbs that contain Linoleic Acid to help in providing lubrication to the joints so as to prevent pain and stiffness. These herbs include Borage seed oil which is extracted from Borage seed, Evening Primrose oil, Blackcurrant seed oil, Capsaicin, Curcumin, Feverfew, Flaxseed oil and a standard Ayurvedic concoction that combines Ashwagandha, Gugulla, ginger, cumin and haldi or turmeric. These substances can help in treating the joints that are suffering from the pain of Arthritis.
- Diet: In Ayurveda, to treat ailments like Arthritis, it is usually recommended that a patient should start by flushing out the body toxins from within. Diet is one of the ways in which this can be done. A detoxification diet to clean the colon would be one of the foremost ways of doing a cleanse. Further, in one's daily diet, there should be a good dose of vegetables, fruits and other juices. Also, one must have plenty of herbs and spices, which can be used to season the food. Curd should generally be avoided and garlic should be used liberally. The various properties that help in an inside out cleanse that will help the system function in a better manner so that the treatment of ailments is also effectively supported.
- Exercise: In Ayurveda, a certain amount of daily exercise, which spans at least 45 minutes to one hour, is a must. A pattern of healthy eating, restful sleep and exercise is what usually helps in treating ailments like Arthritis. For this ailment specifically, light exercise like walking is recommended. Various Yoga asanas that involve sitting, standing, balancing and lying down poses as well as restful poses will also help in treating knee, shoulder and lower back pain specifically. Also, mustard oil massages can help in reducing the pain.
Treatment includes overall body treatment and focused treatment of the affected joint. Oral medicines, oils and external applicants, detoxification and rejuvenation through panchakarma, diet changes, healthy lifestyle are all part of the treatment regimen. Oil and external application on the overall body and affected joints will help lubricate the joints and will allow easy movement. This will help reduce stiffness and improve range of motion.
Dietary changes: Reduce fats, sugar, salt and alcohol. Include a lot more of fish, soy, olive oil, low-fat dairy products, broccoli, green tea, citrus fruits, whole grains, beans, garlic and nuts and seeds. In addition to protein, these have various ingredients, which are useful for bone health and act as anti-inflammatory agents.
Some common panchakarma treatments include:
- Choorna Kizhi, where the person is made to assume different positions and mixtures of various herbs are applied to make the person sweat profusely.
- Abhyangam is a special oil massage lasting 45 minutes that the patient undergoes for 14 days. In addition to arthritis, it also helps control body ache, fight obesity, revitalises the whole system, induces sleep, and helps fight stress.
- Njavarakizhi is similar to the earlier Choorna Kizhi, various oils are used to massage the whole body while the patient is made to sit in different positions. There is also a Njavara rice that is cooked in milk to make a porridge and fed to the patient. This again is continued for 14 days.
The key to managing this condition is to seek help in as early stages of the disease as possible. When there are risk factors that put you at risk, reach out to seek medical help as soon as you realise onset of symptoms.
I am 28 years Woman. My weight is 55 kgs and Height is 5" 3"From last 1 month I feel difficulty in sleeping. When I am lying down on the bad I feel difficulty in taking breath, Suddenly I feel scary and my heart beat is increased. I feel pain in my chest or chest bones and in my back between in shoulders. I consulted to the physician. My ECG, BLOOD TEST, THYROID TEST, CHEST X RAY is cleared. Before few days my food pipe is swell. Doctor said its due to acid in my stomach. Still I am taking medicins from my food pipe swelling. Pls help me. What's happen with me.
Today ‘working’ usually implies sitting at a desk from morning to evening. While this may seem more comfortable than working in the fields, sitting at a desk can trigger a host of back problems. This is because sitting in the same position all day makes the spine bend forward and lowers the efficiency of the back muscles. Working at a desk not only strains your back, but also restricts your movements to typing on a keyboard and moving a mouse.
Once a back problem begins, it usually lasts a lifetime hence; here are a few tips to save your back.
- Get yourself a good chair: Your chair is crucial to your back’s health. Avoid the hard backed plastic chairs and pick a more flexible mesh backed office chair if you sit at the table for a long span of time. Ergonomic chairs may seem expensive, but are worth the expense in the long run.
- Stretch your muscles: Sitting in the same position all day, puts the muscles under stress and with time can constrict the muscles. Make it appoint to stand up every 30 minutes and stretch your back and sides. Also try rotating your hips and shoulders form time to time.
- Take a break: No matter how much work you have in front of you, take a break at the end of each hour. Taking even 2 minutes off out of 60 every hour can have a huge impact on your health. If you still feel guilty skip using the phone to connect with your colleague and walk over to their desks instead.
- Get a pedometer: Keeping a pedometer will help you track the number of steps taken in a day. Ideally, a person should take 10,000 steps a day to stay healthy. If you sit at a desk for majority of the day, take every opportunity you can to up the count on your pedometer. Go for a walk around your office after lunch or park your car a little way off from the office to create opportunities to walk.
- Take the stairs: As far as possible avoid escalators and elevators. Instead climb stairs for a quick workout. If your office is on the 20th floor, walking up may not be feasible, but you could get off the elevator on the 18th floor and walk up the remaining two floors.
- Eat healthy: Lastly, pay attention to what you eat. Avoid eating at the office canteen or picking up a bite at the coffee shop and carry lunch from home. This ensures that you eat a balanced meal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a physiotherapist.