Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K S AhlawatYour feedback matters!
My daughter while going to sleep make her leg cross over the leg and tighten the hand and make some noise. This only when she goes to sleep as she is normal eating urine and walking even talking as she is 18 months old. Please advise.
Lactose intolerance is a condition wherein you are not able to digest lactose, which is a sugar found in milk. Other foods that contain lactose include cheese and ice-cream. Inadequate production of the lactase enzyme in children causes lactose intolerance. This enzyme is produced in the intestine that helps in the digestion of lactose.
Lactose intolerance is often confused with milk intolerance. The symptoms are similar but they do not share the same cause. Milk allergy is an adverse reaction towards milk and it is a problem of the immune system, whereas lactose intolerance involves the digestive system.
The symptoms of lactose intolerance are:
Bloating; on consumption of milk over a period of time
Diarrhea is also very common
It is self -diagnosable; just strike out foods containing lactose from your child’s diet and see if the symptoms get better with time. If the symptoms happen to fade away gradually, then it certainly must’ve been lactose intolerance.
However, it can be tricky as many non-dairy products also contain lactose.
If the child is lactose intolerant, then he/she might have to undergo a lactose breath test. This is used to test the levels of hydrogen in the child’s breath after the child consumes a lactose solution. Usually, hydrogen levels are low in one’s breath. However, if the lactose solution is not digested properly, then it will lead to a temporary increase in the levels of hydrogen in the breath, thus indicating lactose intolerance.
This disorder does not have a cure; so in case your child has lactose intolerance, you need to adjust his/her diet accordingly. Over-the-counter lactase is also available that helps in digesting lactose based foods. You can also go for the ‘lactose- free’ milk variety for your child.
in todays world it is almost imposssible to always avoid the allergen, so the better option is to strengthen the body to fight against these.
Ayurveda advocates certain daily regimens which can help in this.
1.Proper oral hygiene has to be maintained. Practice tooth brushing at morning and before bedtime. Ensure proper mouth wash after every meal.
2. Pratimarsh nasya - This is the practise of instilling oil in the nose. This can be practised easily by an individual. Instill 4-5 drops of sesame oil daily in each nostril and inhale deeply. This has to be practiced early in the morning.
3.Make a habit of applying Rasnadi powder (An ayurvedic medicated poweder) over the vertex immediately after bath and also at bedtime. Avoid sleeping directly under the fan or other cooling sources.
4. Intake of buttermilk processed with turmeric poder, curry leaves, ginger is also useful.
5. Add ginger, garlic esentially in all meals.
6. Yogic practices like breathing exercises can support the lung capacity and cleansing practices like neti can help in developing desensitization to allergens.
7. Drinking water should be boiled with cumin seeds and always consumed as lukewarm.
8. Oil massage before bath can help a lot. Sesame oil can be used for this, for those having frequent episodes of chest congestion muatard oil will give better results. Take bath in warm water only.
Hi Doctor, My baby is a 2 months old she is crying at night time only at morn she will active and sleep well also . At night time only she was crying continues and my family Dr. given pedicloryl syrup I've doubt sir that's syrup use daily it's give any side effects sir, we can use or not? I'm worry about it sir please reply my ans.
Proper and sound hearing is essential for a healthy living. If you are suffering from lack or loss of hearing, chances are that you are missing out on life itself. Therefore, it is imperative that you undergo treatments in case you are suffering from any kind of hearing ailment.
There are various reasons that contribute to loss of hearing. Some of the common causes are:
- Increasing noise
- Genetically inherited
Over the years various surgical and non-surgical methods have surfaced that can help repair loss of hearing and damage. Among the other branches of medicines, Ayurveda is the most old and ancient method. It uses natural herbs in order to correct and treat hearing loss. This has proved to be extremely beneficial and potent and it cures hearing ailments with the help of a number of natural methods. Some of them are:
- Lukewarm mustard oil or sesame oil: If you are suffering from ache in ears or loss in hearing, try putting few drops of warm mustard oil and sesame oil in your ear and hold it with index fingers. At the same time store air in your mouth and let your cheeks contract and bulge for a minute or so. This ayurvedic tip considerably improves hearing and reduces ear pain.
- Radish juice and sesame oil: If you are suffering from sores and hearing problems, a mixture of the two can be beneficial. In this method, a small quantity of Radish juice should be boiled with a small quantity of sesame oil, till the juice absorbs the oil. This mixture should be administered twice a day in order to experience the results.
- Applewood oil: A variety of ingredients are required in order to create the resultant oil. Initially cow's urine should be boiled and the applewood powder must be added to it. This mixture should then be filtered and further added with sesame and goat's milk. This concoction is then boiled and the resultant oil should be stored and applied with cotton daily. This improves hearing a great deal.
- Mixture of neem and turmeric: In this method turmeric and neem leaves are boiled together. The steam should be taken as well as the water must be applied on the ears and surrounding areas. This has proved to be an extremely effective remedy in treating pus in the ears and consequent hearing loss.
- Mixture of Radish juice, turmeric, sesame oil and ajwain seeds: All these ingredients must be taken in selective quantities and boiled to get the resultant oil. This oil must be stored and used to treat loss of hearing and other ear diseases.
Related Tip: "6 Signs You Need A Hearing Test"
Sir 13 months boy has Non Functional Right kidney (MCD) found in DTPA Test, size rt kidney is 3.8*1.6 cm whereas Left Kidney is normal in size.
Junk food can be appealing for a variety of reasons, including convenience, price and taste. For children, who do not always understand the health consequences of their eating habits, junk food may appear especially appetizing. However, regularly consuming fattening junk food can be addictive for children and lead to complications like obesity, chronic illness, low self-esteem and even depression, as well as affecting how they perform in school and extracurricular activities.
Hi, . I have a kid aged 8 months. She is not accepting any food other than her mother feed. Could any one suggest me how can I solve this ?
My son aged 4.6 years has Vit D deficiency. Apart from Vit D rich food which medicine I can give him.
Hi, My baby boy is 9th months old I gave him homemade foods like dal (arhar, moong, masoor), rice, mixed vegetables, fruits but my baby's weight is 8.5 kg. How he can gain weight? also I breastfeed him on demand my concern is does he need other milk also? because he refuses to drink any kind of formula. I tried different brands but he refuses every time only take small quantity 30 to 60 ml only. Please suggest.
About last 2 weeks I'm suffering from headache and loose motion. And why this problem is to be linked me.
My baby girl 3.3 years having cold nd fever from night. I gave her crocin syrup but still fever persist. please suggest sum medicine. She is 12. 5 kg.
My son is having loose motion from 4 days. In night he is crying in colic pain. Seems he have decent ry. His stool also makes spots on floor like acid make.
I have 3 months old baby he is not getting enough milk. My milk supply is slow and very less. please tell me what to do. Even I am taking lactare capsules 2 per day.
My son Is one year age what are the important cares taken in monsoon What's foods are benefits for them.
I'm 23 yrs old male. I having gynaecomastia. I have memory problems.I'm facing difficulties in communication with other persons. I have lack of confidence in doing any task. My mood also changes frequently. I'm facing severe depression from last 7 years. And my behaviour is similer with ADHD. I read lot of meterial related to depression , ADHD, bipolar disorder and also klinefelter. I'm fearing that I have klinefelter so please give me instructions about to whom I should refer & which tests to be made for diagnosis.
How many months can we give breastfeeding to babies. My baby is 9 months old and I am planning to stop breastfeeding to her because people say longer you give breastfeeding you get back pain because I have gone through cesarean delivery. Is it true.?
My new born baby is unable to take breast feeding. He is 17 days old. When he born oxyzen is not reached properly in his mind. So doctor take him in NICU for 15 days. The child come home from hospital. But he is unable to take mother breast feed. Please help me.
Children are much more susceptible to tooth decay and gum disorders than grown-ups. This is because the gum and teeth in toddlers are very delicate. Moreover, children are more attracted to sweets and other food items, which cause damage to the teeth.
Here are several ways to protect the teeth of your little one:
- Have a dental checkup: You should take your child to a dentist on his first birthday. Early prevention is important as any kind of problem in the teeth will be detected and this will save you from a lot of trouble in the future.
- Teaching healthy habits: Brushing is very important and you should teach your child to brush regularly, more than once a day. Before the development of teeth in your baby, you should brush his gums gently by using water on a soft baby toothbrush or with a clean and soft cloth. After developing teeth, brushing must be practiced with delicate toothbrushes and fluoridated toothpaste. If several teeth touch against each other, you should use flossing. Brushing is essential before going to bed, and no food should be taken after brushing.
- Prevent "baby bottle decay": You should not let your child go to sleep with a bottle of juice or milk. The sugar contained in these liquids sticks to the child's teeth, which activates bacteria and may lead to tooth decay.
- Avoid giving juice to your child: Juice may be healthy for the body, but it leads to tooth decay in little kids. The amount of regular juice intake should never be above four ounces.
- Avoid excess use of a sippy cup: Sippy cups enable children to shift from bottles to a glass. However, all day long usage of sippy cups should be restricted as it may cause decay on the front and back portions of teeth, when the drinks are rich in sugar.
- Be careful about sweet medicines: Many medicines meant for children are sugary and stick to the teeth, increasing the chance of cavities. Several antibiotics cause overgrowth of Candida or yeast and cause an oral disease known as oral thrush. This disease causes creamy patches on the tongue. In case your child needs sweet medicines, brushing should be increased.
- Stop using a pacifier by the age of 2 or 3: Pacifiers are good for children, but using pacifiers for a long period of time affects the lining of teeth. The shape of the mouth may also change. Hence, do not let your child use pacifiers after 2 or 3 years of age.
Children are quite prone to teeth disorders and decay in the teeth. Hence, measures must be taken to protect the teeth of children from any kind of disorder.