Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. K R LahiyaYour feedback matters!
I have severe joint pain and I am already under medication but can you please tell me some remedies for pain reductions.
I am 26 years old male. I have backpain problem and I have acidity problem. Some problem in teeth also so what can I do?
My cousin has been suffering with back pain since she has the symptoms of viral fever. so what can be the reason for that back pain and little bit swelling as well? Please help me.
Osteoarthritis (OA) is a degenerative disease that affects the various bone and joints health, leading to painful movement and thereby limiting the patient's mobility. Knees, hips, joints of hands and legs are affected.
Symptoms of OA
The symptoms revolve around the bones and joints including:
- Pain and stiffness of the joints
- Swelling of the joints
- Inability to form a clench
- Difficulty holding things
- Stooped posture
- Weakness of legs and hands
- Reduced height over time
Treatment options in allopathy are limited to nonsteroidal analgesics to control pain and in severe cases, surgical correction, in case of OA. However, homeopathy takes into account the triggering symptoms, the associated symptoms, and the status of the immune system before deciding on a treatment regimen.
With this holistic approach, homeopathy achieve the following:
- Reduce the pain, swelling and stiffness
- Slows the pace of further degeneration
- Improves mobility of the affected joint(s)
- Improves the body's overall immune system, thereby allow the body to promote healing on its own
- Homeopathic intervention in the early phases is particularly helpful, as it will arrest disease progression
- It also enable better absorption of minerals and nutrients essential for bone health. This allows healing of existing bone fractures and avoids further bone damage by strengthening the bones
- Homeopathic treatment also enables the body's chemical state to withstand stress and illnesses better
- It vitalizes the body's natural healing and ability to repair itself, to create a better state of health and well-being
Some of the popular homeopathic medications based on areas and associated symptoms are listed below:
- Bryonia Alba: Pain worsened with movement, relieved with rest; associated with swelling and stiffness of the joints; difficulty in climbing stairs.
- Calcarea Carbonica: Swelling and pain that is worsened when getting up from a seated position. The joints feel cold and painful.
- Sulphur: Worse with climbing stairs, prolonged standing, feeling of warmth in the knees.
- Colcynthis: Cramping pain improved by pressure.
- Rhus Toxicodendron: Pain when getting up from a seated position.
- Pulsatilla Nigricans: Associated with muscle stiffness and cramping.
- Antimonium Crudum: The pain pain gets worse in cold weather, improved by applying something warm)
- Benzoic Acid: There is an associated crackling sound when the fingers are moved or if there are nodes in the area of joints. . The urine is highly offensive in these people.
- Calcara Fluorica: There are stony hard nodes formed in the joint area, greatly reducing the mobility.
These medications are safe, completely natural, do not induce habit formation, and are approved by FDA. They don't just treat the symptoms but help manage the patient as a whole. This justifies why homeopathy is definitely a good option in treating osteoarthritis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Hello sir im prashanth kumar from warangal my problem is heavy back pain my job is system operator so I sit in a chair more then 7 hours I think that's the reason for my pain please suggests me.
My sister is suffering from arthritis for about 2 yrs. Sometimes her legs and hands get swelled and become painful to move leg and hands. Please tell me ayurvedic treatment.
My mother has some pain at her knees that too left one [she is 55 years old] when pain killer taken she feel a little relief or else she suffer a lot what I should do?
I have severe knee pain for the past month. I haven't taken any medicine for it. Is it because of weight? Or I play football a lot?
I am 53 female diabetic, 97 kgs wt, thyroid, joint pains, now a days i am having urinal problem, have to go after every minute but have difficulty in passing it, please tell me what to do ?
Main 40 saal ka hoon. Paanch saal se baye haath me dard rahta he. Ecg aur angiography bhi karvaai. Report samanye he. Raat ko 2-3 din se hatheli ke uper achanak tez dard hota he hathely aur per tandhe ho jate he pasina aata he kafi pareshan hoon.
I am suffering from tennis elbow problem on my both hands elbow for 2-3 years. I did, physio, ate many medicines, had injection in elbow. But all in vein, please advice. Thanks.
A chronic systemic disease characterized by inflammatory changes in joints & related structures that result in crippling deformities. Diseases primarily affecting the synovium & adjacent tissues.
Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic systemic inflammatory disorder that may affect many tissues and organs, but principally attacks the joints producing an inflammatory synovitis that often progresses to destruction of the articular cartilage and ankylosis of the joints. Rheumatoid arthritis can also produce diffuse inflammation in the lungs, pericardium, pleura, and sclera and also nodular lesions, most common in subcutaneous tissue under the skin. Although the cause of rheumatoid arthritis is unknown, autoimmunity plays a pivotal role in its chronicity and progression.
Causes of Rheumatoid Arthritis:
- Exact cause is not known.
- Evidence points to autoimmune etiology.
- Genetic predisposition common.
Signs and symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis may include:
- Tender, warm, swollen joints
- Joint stiffness that is usually worse in the mornings and after inactivity
- Fatigue, fever and weight loss
Early rheumatoid arthritis tends to affect your smaller joints first — particularly the joints that attach your fingers to your hands and your toes to your feet.
As the disease progresses, symptoms often spread to the wrists, knees, ankles, elbows, hips and shoulders. In most cases, symptoms occur in the same joints on both sides of your body.
About 40 percent of the people who have rheumatoid arthritis also experience signs and symptoms that don't involve the joints. Rheumatoid arthritis can affect many non-joint structures, including:
- Salivary glands
- Nerve tissue
- Bone marrow
- Blood vessels
Rheumatoid arthritis signs and symptoms may vary in severity and may even come and go.Over time, rheumatoid arthritis can cause joints to deform and shift out of place.
Homeopathic Remedies for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Homeopathy treats the person as a whole. It means that homeopathic treatment focuses on the patient as a person, as well as his pathological condition. The homeopathic medicines are selected after a full individualizing examination and case-analysis, which includes the medical history of the patient, physical and mental constitution etc. A miasmatic tendency (predisposition/susceptibility) is also often taken into account for the treatment of chronic conditions.
The Scope of homeopathic treatment in rheumatoid arthritis is very favorable. But the patient needs to understand that the homeopathic system is aiming to clear out the disease from the body and not trying merely to suppress or give temporary relief. Thus it could take a while before one experiences relief. The time for its treatment is dependent on various factors- The chronicity of the disease (the duration since the disease has been in the body), genetic propensity and the extent of damage. Homoeopathy can hit the autoimmunity and starts with a better pain relief and can also help you to get rid of painkiller and if treatment continued systemically then may also help you to get rid of steroids, anti-inflammatory drugs leading to better mobility and better quality of life.
What kind of homeopathic medicines are used in treating rheumatoid arthritis and how safe are they?
Homeopathy works on the principle of ‘like cure like ‘ this in homeopathic terms means that substances which in their raw states produce symptoms similar to the disease have the potential to stimulate the body’s own restorative process for a similar illness when given in an activated dilution.
Homeopathic medicines that are used in treating rheumatoid arthritis are mainly from all plant, mineral kingdom. They are then highly diluted and succused (shaken in a specific way).These activated dilutions then stimulates our body’s own restorative systems to eradicate the disease. When rightly prescribed, they are extremely safe. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.