Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jyotsna Makkar
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Hair Fall
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Body Weakness
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Leg Pain
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment of Sleeping Problems
Treatment of Erection Problems
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Cold Cough
Treatment of Acidity
Submit a review for Dr. Jyotsna MakkarYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I feel strange that I am suffering from gastric problem. She is very talented and seasoned doctor. It's been more than a year that I was experiencing this problem. I remember, I read an article of Jyotsna in the paper and made contact. Hygiene is very important, and I must Tanmatra Ayurveda was extremely clean. The complete process of gastric problem was so painless and quick, and i am so relieved that I chose to consult her. She definitely is aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat serious cases.
During the complete hair fall treatment program she always supported and motivated me. I remember, I read an article of Dr Jyotsna in the paper and made contact. Over the period of time I noticed a number of changes in myself. It was an amazing experience as everyone in the Tanmatra Ayurveda is so nice. I was quite impressed with Jyotsna concept of holistic healing. It was so quite pleasant in the Tanmatra Ayurveda. I was having this hair fall, but the dortor helped me to re grow my hair.
Jyotsna is really like god send person. I consulted her as I was sufferinm from High blood pressure.She is well aware about innovative techniques to treat problems. I was quite concerned, as my health was degrading day by day, but due to her treatment I didn't lose hope. The entire Tanmatra Ayurveda was spotlessly, clean. Over the period of time I noticed a number of changes in myself. Thanks to her that the high blood pressure treatment she gave me has given brilliant results.
She is so pleasant to talk to and always ready to answer your doubts. I am so thankful that Jyotsna has given me the best advice and I am now finally able to get back to my normal self. I was suffering from irregular periods. Jyotsna has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes her reference. It was an amazing experience as everyone in the Tanmatra Ayurveda is so nice. I consulted a number of specialists but the way she treated me was the best
She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. I found the Tanmatra Ayurveda itself quite pleasant. Thanks to her I am totally satisfied with the results. I took a treatment to increase height with her. I remember, I read an article of Jyotsna in the paper and made contact. The best thing about Jyotsna is that she prescribes limited no. of medicines. I must say the hygiene was maintained very nicely in the Tanmatra Ayurveda
I feel strange that I am suffering from vomitingThe waiting area in the Tanmatra Ayurveda is very comfortable for elderly patients. Thanks to her that the vomiting treatment she gave me has given brilliant results. The entire Tanmatra Ayurveda was spotlessly, clean. She is so nice that they even at odd hours one can call her in case of emergency. Jyotsna has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes her reference.
She ensures that she gives enough time to each patient. Dr Jyotsna has expert knowledge in the field. Due to my lose weight issues my daily activities were suffering. Even in case of long queues, the staff was managing people in a very positive manner. I found the Tanmatra Ayurveda itself quite pleasant. I am almost my normal self post the treatment and for that she is the reason.
I need a treatment for staying healthy. The Tanmatra Ayurveda is designed in such a manner that all requirements of patients are taken care of. She is very talented and seasoned doctor. I remember, I read an article of Dr Jyotsna in the paper and made contact. She definitely is aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat cases.
The kidney stones problem was increasing day by day. She is so pleasant to talk to and always ready to answer your doubts. The nurses at the Tanmatra Ayurveda were really helpful. It's been more than a year now, and I have noticed considerable change in myself after Dr Jyotsna's treatment.
dr Jyotsna is a very known ayurvedic doctor at Tanmatra Ayurveda in Gurgaon. She is very experienced and thus knows the best way to treat all problems. I consulted her for my problem of allergy
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Jyotsna to be knowledgeable. Really improving my knowledge thanks for keep suporting
No matter how well you take care of yourself, everyone catches a cold or flu at some time or the other. That’s probably the reason why it is popularly known as a ‘common’ cold. A cold on its own does not harm the body much but it leaves you feeling weakened and suppresses the immune system. Cold is a viral infection and hence is usually unresponsive to antibiotics and other medication. However, Ayurveda can help manage a cold better and speed up the recovery process.
Cough and cold can be triggered by a number of factors including a sudden drop in temperature, exposure to dust or pollen or staying in rooms with poor ventilation. Additionally, aggravating the Kapha dosha can also cause a cold or cough. When the food we eat is not digested properly, its turns into ‘ama’ that triggers cold or cough when it reaches the respiratory system. Some common ayurvedic remedies for coughs and colds are:
- Enhance your body heat: Keeping the body warm, especially the head, throat, chest and feet, is the first step to recovering from a cold. Drinking a cup of hot spiced tea or a glass of warm water mixed with 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, a few times a day, can also help. Spices like cumin, coriander and black pepper are considered heat generating spices and hence should be used liberally when preparing food.
- Vapour therapy: To recover from a cough that is accompanied by congestion, try inhaling the hot vapours of water mixed with a little eucalyptus oil. This helps dilate the bronchial tubes and unblocks the nostrils. Inhaling the vapours of water mixed with rock salt can help relieve heaviness in the head and a mild cold. Simple hot water vapours itself can even be inhaled to relieve sinusitis pain. To benefit from vapour therapy, it is essential to sit in a room without the fan on and to cover your head and the vapour source while inhaling the steam.
- Dhooma Paan: Inhaling turmeric smoke is said to have an antiseptic effect on the lungs and respiratory tract. To benefit from this therapy burn a dried root of turmeric and inhale the smoke a few times. If you do not have access to the dried root of turmeric, place a red hot piece of charcoal with a few dried leaves in a clay pot, add a heaped spoon of turmeric powder to this and blow gently till it catches fire before inhaling the smoke.
Ayurveda translates to study of life and is one of oldest medicine systems in the world. It works by treating the body as a whole system and gets to the problem. It believes that good health is a result of the balance between the 3 body elements Vata, pitta and kapha. The imbalance between these three cause disease and treatment should be aimed at restoring this balance.
Oils are one of the widely used Ayurvedic remedies, and there are multiple benefits of an Ayurvedic oil massage. Therapists would recommend this to be a daily routine for overall well-being. While pain relief is an obvious benefit, read on to know some of the lesser known benefits of an oil massage.
On a regular basis, there is stress and toxins that are accumulated in the body. A good massage dissolves these toxins and rejuvenates and recharges the body. The body and the mind are relaxed and soothed.
The physical motions of an oil massage improve circulation to all parts of the body. The overall sensation is improved.
- Internal organs are stimulated, thereby their efficiency is improved.
- The oil per se provides good lubrication for the joints, thereby, enabling smoother joint and bone movement
- The muscles are toned, and with the improved circulation and nerve ending stimulation, the muscles are toned
- The nerve endings are stimulated, and the nerves are calmed. This is responsible for the calming effect after a massage.
- The stimulated nerve endings also improve the mental alertness and increase the overall physical stamina of a person.
- The body’s ability to eliminate toxins is improved, thereby leaving behind a cleaner overall system (skin, kidneys, and intestines).
- A lot of waste and toxins are removed from the skin, thereby leaving the skin softer and smoother. The oils used also seep in through the skin, nourishing the underlying layers of the skin. This also contributes to the glowing, youthful appearance.
- The massage relaxes the body physically and mentally. The overall result is also a deeper, refreshing sleep pattern for the person.
- Massaging the naval area in a clockwise direction and foot massage may seem far connected to vision, but these are actually proven areas that affect vision. Massaging these areas is shown to be beneficial for vision.
- The lymphatic system is also revitalised by improving lymphatic drainage. Excess toxins from the body are removed, leaving the overall body in a healthy and recharged state.
- Regular massage removes free radicals from the body, thereby, reducing overall levels of general inflammation. This reduces ageing effects (both internally and externally). The result is a younger, rejuvenated appearance.
If you had any doubts about whether you should go for an oil massage, don’t think, indulge yourself!
Vitiligo is a medical condition, which causes the loss of skin color due to loss of pigmentation. This usually occurs in blotches and looks very unsightly. Vitiligo is very unpredictable and can affect any part of your body. In some cases it also affects the inside of the mouth, eyes, and hair. Vitiligo is more noticeable on people with darker skin tone.
Symptoms of Vitiligo:
- Premature graying or whitening of the hair in your eyebrows, eyelashes, scalp, and beard. This usually occurs before the age of 35.
- Skin discoloration can also occur from other parts of the body such as hands, feet, abdomen, neck and other areas.
- Change or loss of the color of the retina (inner layer on the eyeball).
- Discolored patches on and around the navel, rectum and genitals.
What causes vitiligo?
A medical disorder where your immune system destroys and attacks the melanin forming pigments in your skin. This is known as an autoimmune disorder and by far is the most common cause behind vitiligo. An event such as sudden or prolonged stress, sunburn, or being exposed to industrial chemicals. A history of family members or relatives having vitiligo in the past.
Ayurvedic Treatments for Vitiligo:
- Mustard and Turmeric Oil: A paste made with mustard and turmeric oil can be applied on the affected area. This is also good for the skin and reduces vitiligo. Do this at least 2 times a day to reduce the patches considerably.
- Duckweed: This is a type of water plant and is very rich in a mineral called lignin. It is considered a natural treatment for skin disorders and vitiligo. It will also help to restore your natural skin color.
- Sun screen: If you already have vitiligo, exposure in the sun can make it worse, so applying a sunscreen with SPF 30 or above (or an appropriate level of sunscreen protection) can protect your skin from further damage.
- Papaya: This fruit is great for restoring and reviving melanin (responsible for skin pigmentation). Drinking papaya juice or rubbing papaya on the affected area can reduce vitiligo to some extent.
Thyroid conditions are conditions that affect the thyroid gland which is a butterfly-shaped gland in the front of the neck. Thyroid conditions have become a common ailment among most women in India nowadays. Because of hormonal imbalances a number of symptoms, including anorexia, unhealthy weight gain, loss of energy, weakness and fatigue are experienced or opposite symptoms like an increased metabolic activity, a rise in pulse rate, loss of weight and palpitation may be felt in the case of hypothyroidism.
Irrespective of whether you are suffering from hyperthyroid or hypothyroid, Ayurvedic treatment has some viable solutions that are aimed at elevating your health condition.
Ayurveda and Thyroid
Ayurveda explains a disease named 'Galaganda' that is caused due to an imbalance of doshas and symptoms of these are similar to Thyroid. Thyroid imbalance can be controlled by the following treatment regimen that includes:
- Dietary regulations: Charaka mentioned the disease under 20 sleshma vikaras so one should avoid foods which increase kapha like curd, milk, soybeans. In addition, you must avoid foods which are injected with growth hormones to grow them in size.
- Herbs for regulating thyroid: The herb named Purple Mountain Ebony is purposely helpful in the treatment as well as proper functioning of the thyroid gland. In addition to this herb, you must also intake Punarnava, Brahmi, Jatamansi, Gokshura and Shilajita for alleviating your thyroid problems.
- Home remedies: If there is swelling in any part of the body caused due to thyroid imbalances, then it can be properly treated by applying a fine paste of Jalakumbhi over the affected area. The juice of this paste can be administered in a small quantity of 22 grams in a span of 24 hours. It helps in those cases where the reason of Thyroid imbalance id iodine deficiency as it increase the amount of iodine in the body which helps to fix various problems in the body. If you are experiencing a lack of energy and weakness, you can use coconut oil for boosting the sluggish metabolism of the body.
- Yoga for treating thyroid: There are various Yogic postures, which are believed to help in the maintenance of the thyroid gland. You can practice sun salutation, fish pose and shoulder stand for alleviating your condition and get rid of all types of health issues caused from thyroid imbalances. If you wish to get a personpersonalization of your health condition, then it is imperative to pay a visit to an expert who can recommend proper Ayurvedic treatment methods for you.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Arthritis is an inflammatory condition that affects the joints and bones of the patient and creates general problems when it comes to mobility and other such postures, which require some amount of physical stamina and strain. This kind of condition can be of many types. Furthermore, it can affect many different parts of the body right from the knees to the shoulders and the wrists. There are many forms of treatment for this condition, which may be carried out by orthopedic specialists as well as other practitioners of alternative medicine.
Read on to find out why Ayurveda is one of the best ways to deal with this condition.
- Ancient science: Ayurveda is an ancient science that is steeped in the logic of ages, and it has been allowed to evolve over numerous centuries, which makes it all the more authentic when it comes to various forms of treatment.
- Combination of measures: Ayurveda is not just a field of medicine, but it is primarily known as a life science because it combines a variety of measures that have to do with inside out cleansing of the system. From massages to herbal medicines, yoga postures to lifestyle changes, this form of treatment can help the patient get rid of the condition rather than just treat the symptoms.
- Massages: When we use a particular oil or herb to massage our bodies, we are actually imbibing the goodness and richness of those elements, which are ideal for the condition that we are suffering from. This oil that may be derived from cloves or various other elements that are naturally found, can actually seep right into the bones and joints to repair the condition. Mustard oil and camphor are also well known oils for arthritis.
- Doshas: Ayurveda depends on the various doshas for a proper form of diagnosis, and arthritis comes under the Data dosha. This typically affects the energy, surrounding the proper functioning of the joints and therefore, one can safely say that this is a well-researched body of science, which is being put to use so as to prescribe medicines and other forms of treatment for that particular dosha.
- Exercise: The yogic postures are known to have helped many people and the various asanas that are specifically required for an arthritis patient will help in doing away with the root cause of the disease. These asanas include the less rigorous ones that can build strength and stamina so that the patient is able to lead a more normal and healthy life.
- Lifestyle changes: The diet changes that will be prescribed for arthritis-affected patients along with the changes in one’s routine, will help in reaching the root cause of the condition so that he or she may get a better chance at normalcy in the long run. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I have hair fall so can I use the luke warm mixture of coconut oil almond oil castor oil or capsule of vitamin E in summers.
Back pain refers to a severe pain in the back due to a strain in the muscle and the associated ligaments of the spine. Back pain is a fairly common condition and almost everyone has experienced it at least once in their lifetime. The pain can be either acute (pain in sudden bursts) or chronic (lasting for more than a month). Back pain generally tends to subside if one takes appropriate measures.
You might experience the following symptoms along with back pain:
- Severe pain around the muscles which might stretch down to your feet
- Back pain will significantly limit the flexibility of your back
- If there are recurrent instances of high fever and severe gall bladder disorders along with the pain, a consultation with your doctor is highly recommended.
Back pain might occur due to the following reasons:
- Back pain might occur as a result of osteoarthritis (a disorder that is characterized by the breaking and wearing down of the flexible tissues at the end of the bones) and osteoporosis (a disorder marked by bones that are weak and brittle).
- It might occur as a result of a fatal accident or an injury.
- If you are a chain smoker and have a history of excessive alcohol or drug abuse, you are more likely to experience back pain.
- Back pain might also occur as a result of ageing, excessive weight gain, lack of regular exercising, cancer and instances of severe depression.
Ayurveda can be very useful for eradicating back pain. According to Ayurveda, back pain is caused due to the heightening of the ‘vata’ owing to an unhealthy diet, anxiety, and suppression of muscles, collectively called ‘dosha’.
The Ayurvedic remedies for back pain are as follows:
- A regular intake of 30 ml of Aloe Vera juice in the morning might heal symptoms of back pain
- A regular intake of a mixture of 5g Triphala churnam mixed with water before retiring for the night might help to ease the general discomfort associated with back pain.
- Consume a medicinal preparation of 100ml of Black Gram (Urad Dal) daily for a week in order to get rid of the pain.
- You can also perform Paschimottanasana (an exercise where you have to touch the toes and repeat the same for a few times) and Vayu Mudra (an exercise where you have to move the index finger on the thumb base and the thumb finger in closed proximity to the index finger while the other fingers remain in a perpendicular position) to get rid of the back pain.
- Cut down on your consumption of pungent spices. This is because these pungent spices tend to have a drying effect on the body, that in turn, might lead to severe back pain, especially in the lower back along with constipation. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
Hair loss can be harrowing for both men and women, especially if it tends to be above normal for extended periods of time. Losing more hair than that can signify problems within the body such as hormonal changes, ageing, life style related issues etc.
Lifestyle change tips to avoid hair fall: Even before getting into Ayurvedic remedies to control the loss of hair, it is important to reduce the problems which may be contributing to the problem in the first place. Some of the things that you may be required to do are:
- Maintain or start of on a healthy diet and cut fatty, oily and processed foods from your diet.
- Start exercising to ensure that your body is in the best shape it possibly can be and thus everything within, is functioning optimally.
- Start doing yoga, breathing exercises and other meditative techniques to ensure that your stress levels are kept under control.
- Get head massages regularly as they improve blood circulation within the scalp
- Quit smoking, excessive alcohol consumption and inculcate good sleep habits which help prevent hair loss problems.
Controlling hair loss with Ayurvedic tips:
- Indian gooseberry or amla: A pack of amla, bramhi and henna powder can be made with curd and water. Apply it and keep it for a couple of hours and then wash it off. Amla juice mixed with lemon juice can be massaged on the scalp after the wash. This will make the follicles on your scalp stronger.
- Ritha: An age old solution to hair problems, Ritha is also known as soapberry as it contains naturally foamy and cleansing agents. Crush the Ritha seeds and keep them soaked in water overnight. Wash your hair with the mixture in the morning and continue for a month to see visible results.
- Aloe vera with cumin seeds: Mix about one third cup of aloe vera juice with a little bit of cumin or Jeera powder. Use this mixture at least twice a day, for a few months to see results in the prevention of hair thinning.
- Bhringaraaj: One of the most effective Ayurvedic herbs used in many medicines, it can be taken internally to help the system repair the hair related problems, or applied externally as Bhringaraaj oil to encourage hair growth and stopping hair loss.
- Brahmi oil: Considered brain food in its herb form, Brahmi oil is known to be very good for hair related ailments and is very effective at stopping hair loss and help new hair growth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Hello doctor, m sneha I am 25 year old my height is 149 n my weight is 61 kg I want to loose my weight atlst 10 kg in a month so wht can I do first?
Sesame seeds are considered as the oldest oilseed crops in the world. They are derived from the plant of Sesamum genus. Though minuscule in comparison to other seeds, they are extremely beneficial for your health. They are very useful in the prevention of diabetes, lower blood pressure, and are also known to prevent a wide variety of cancers. In addition, sesame seeds are extremely useful for boosting the respiratory health, building strong bones, improving blood circulation, cleansing the body and in the elimination of depression and chronic stress.
They can be added as a natural ingredient in our day to day cooking and can be used in a wide variety of applications. Sesame seeds are rich in vitamins, minerals, and natural oils. They are also loaded with natural organic compounds such as iron, magnesium, phosphorous, manganese, copper, zinc, protein, and tryptophan. Let us have a look at some of the health benefits of the sesame seeds.
- Blood pressure: One of the primary uses of adding sesame seeds to our diet is their ability to control blood pressure. They are loaded with magnesium that aids in the prevention of hypertension, and thus can be very beneficial in keeping the blood pressure conditions under check.
- Cancer prevention: Sesame seeds are also enriched with natural antioxidants that help in cleansing the body. This criterion benefits us in the fight against cancer. Sesame seeds also do have essential vitamins and minerals that reduce the risk of cancer drastically. They also restrict the circulation of free radicals. Some of the leukemia types that can be prevented when using sesame seeds include breast, lung, pancreatic, colon, and prostate cancers.
- Bone health: Sesame seeds are loaded with impressive levels of minerals such as zinc, calcium, and phosphorous. These are essential in strengthening and repairing the bones.
- Digestion: Sesame seeds contain natural fiber and hence form a strong element in metabolism. They are also very beneficial for removing the symptoms of constipation and keeps the condition of diarrhea in check. Fiber scraps out the harmful cholesterol from our body. Indirectly, they are beneficial to your heart and prevents heart ailment such as strokes and cardiovascular diseases.
- Oral health: Sesame seeds have a strong presence of antibacterial properties within them. Due to this reason, they are best used in the treatment of mouth ulcers and gum problems. Adding sesame seeds to warm water and squishing inside the mouth can act as a natural mouth cleanser.
- Skin and hair health: Sesame seeds have rich sources of zinc, a vital component that helps in the formation of collagen, an ingredient used to strengthen the muscle tissue, hair, and skin. They are also known to be part of many face packs and have anti-aging properties. They aid in the skin tightening process and act against the wrinkles.
As a part of culinary proceedings, sesame seeds can be had in a variety of ways. They can either be dry roasted and sprinkled as a topping, or they can be added with spices and mixed into the gravy. They also can be mixed as a part of fruit and vegetable juices. Though the seeds are tiny in nature, their beneficial properties are more potent than any other food items known to man.