Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jyoti Gupta
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Jyoti GuptaYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor. My age is 20 years male. I am suffering from runny nose and allergic rhinitis from childhood. I find it very difficult to breath during night. I am really fed up with this problem because it happens very frequently. I have consulted with many ent doctor but they tell me it is incurable we can only take preventive measures. What is the treatment to this problem. What should I do please help.
Myself 24 years male (unmarried). I masturbate daily. I can't control the urge. My question is Is it OK to masturbate daily? Is it good for health? How much is too much? If it is bad for health how to get rid of it?
The term 'chest pain’ is a very common term and is usually used in day to day life. Basically, chest pain refers to the pain that may generate in your chest, shoulder and can travel to your ribs, jaws and towards your arms. The feeling of the pain can be sharp or dull, depending on the severity of your condition and cause.
There can be several reasons behind chest pain. You need to conduct a few tests to examine the real cause of the chest pain. It is always advised by health experts to take the symptoms of chest pain very seriously in order to avoid any serious problem in the future. Most of the severe and life-threatening diseases behind chest pain involve lung and heart problems. People having serious heart problems often feel discomfort, followed by pain in their chest area.
- Feeling of fullness and tightness in the chest region
- Burning or crushing pain, which travels from the chest to jaw, hands and back region.
- Breathing problem
Usually, it is very tough to distinguish whether the pain is associated with a heart problem or not. But generally chest pains which are not related to heart problems involves symptoms like
- Sensation in your mouth
- Problem in swallowing food
- Pain that worsens when you cough
- Burning sensation in your chest
Common causes of chest pain
- Angina: Angina is a medical condition described as a feeling of discomfort or pain in the chest region. This situation occurs when your heart muscles don't receive blood, which contains rich oxygen. Angina is a symptom of Coronary Heart Disease (CHD). The pain can take place in your shoulder, jaw, neck and arms also.
- Lung problems: People with lung disorders can encounter various types of chest pains. But some common causes are:
- Pleurisy: It is a type of medical condition, which occurs due to inflammation of the lining of chest and lungs. Due to this, you feel a sharp pain at the time of breathing, coughing or sneezing.
- Pneumonia: It is a type of lung infection, which causes chest pain.
- Pneumothorax: It is a type of lung disorder, which occurs when a portion of your chest gets collapsed.
- Asthma: It is a type of condition, which occurs due to shortness of breath and causes chest pain while coughing, sneezing and breathing.
- Gastrointestinal problem: Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) is also a common reason for chest pain such as burning sensation in your heart.
- Other causes of chest pain: There are several other reasons of chest pain such as muscle strain, ribs injury, shingles, anxiety and panic attacks. It is always important to consult a physician whenever you encounter any of such chest pain symptoms.