Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Joti SharmaYour feedback matters!
My period is missed 28th Feb and I will check the pregnancy test but its negative? So what I can do ?
Hii. Im a MCA student my weight is 52 and I have irregular periods problem what I should do to make my periods regular.
Hi For why hysteroscopy will do ? anything problem in uterus or summing else, for hysteroscopy how it vl cost, and it's safer side or nt tell me that also
Drink more fluids
- Drink more fluids, regardless of your activity level. Don't wait until you're thirsty to drink. Bring a reusable water bottle with you to maintain hydration. If you're at work, you could also bring a pitcher and glass and fill it every morning.
- If you're older, be especially careful to drink fluids because the amount of water retained by the body decreases with age.
- Avoid salt tablets if possible. If your doctor has you on water pills, ask him or her how much you should drink.
- Don't drink liquids with dehydrating caffeine, alcohol, or large amounts of sugar. Avoid very cold drinks.
- At family events and reunions, bring a cooler of cool drinks.
- Cut back on exercising; if you must exercise, drink two to four glasses of cool, nonalcoholic fluids each hour.
Keep your body cool
- Dress in lightweight light-colored clothing and sun-reflective shirts. Wear loose clothing.
- Wear wide-brimmed hats and sunglasses. Keep a stash of hats on hand for friends and family!
- According to the cdc, fans may provide comfort but they do not prevent heat-related illnesses when the temperature is in the high 90s. Take a cool shower or bath, or move to an air-conditioned place to cool off.
- Stay in the shade, especially between 11 a. M. And 3 p. M.
- Avoid strenuous activities during the heat of the day.
- Never leave anyone in closed, parked vehicle, even with the windows down.
- To feel cooler, eat cooler. Reduce your protein intake.
- Open your house to the breeze after sunset and leave it open until dawn.
- In the early morning, draw the shades before the temperature starts to rise.
Protect yourself from the sun
- Don't get too much sun. Sunburn makes it difficult for your body to dissipate heat.
- As well as a hat and sunglasses, wear sunscreen spf 15 or higher. The most effective products say 'broad spectrum' or 'uva/uvb' on their labels.
- Be aware of heavy sweating, hot and dry skin, rapid pulse, pale or clammy skin, and cramps in your leg or abdomen muscles. All could be signs of heat disorder.
- If you are older, it's wise to keep medical information readily available, including phone numbers of health care providers and copies of your prescription and health insurance cards.
Till 6 months I gave breastfeeding. Still continuing to give. Bt can I feed my baby girl Amul milk if no why?
Pursuing a hobby can help you to ward off diseases while keeping your mind and body fresh and active. What's more, hobbies come with several health benefits too, ranging from lowering of blood pressure and control over cortisol production ( a hormone that causes stress) to improvements in your weight and BMI.
4 amazing health benefits that you can derive from pursuing your favourite hobbies are:
1. Strengthening of your immune system - Hobbies that augment your activity levels like basketball, golf or bike riding are extremely beneficial for improving your immune system, thereby enhancing the overall quality of your life. A strong immune system is essential as it makes you less prone to chronic diseases like diabetes, arthritis and heart disease.
2. Improving your memory - Another health benefit of having hobbies is that they bring about an improvement in your memory and aid in enhancing your problem-solving abilities. A research conducted by the University of Texas on the impact that hobby has on the brain reveals the fact that the picking up of a new hobby can prevent memory loss. Here's how - the challenge to learn a new skill causes you to focus all of your mental abilities on the task at hand, leading to a sharpening of your memory, while preventing memory loss. By helping you to maintain an active brain, the act of picking up a new hobby, therefore, brings about a delay of cognitive aging by a few years.
3. Cutting down on stress - By indulging in a hobby like cooking, baking or gardening, you get an effective outlet to release all your stress. Being a non-work activity, your mind gets another area of focus, one which you can enjoy. Furthermore, when you put your whole mind to it, your stress and worries seem to wither away.
Moreover, such hobbies that require you to physically exert yourself, albeit in a limited manner, also bring down your stress levels as they produce chemical changes in your body.
4. Improving sleep - Having a hobby also has a positive impact on sleep. The pursuit of active hobbies in the earlier part of the day can lead you to have a very restful sleep. Likewise, engaging in the intellectual activity of reading before going to bed can help you to sleep better.
Apart from giving you tremendous enjoyment, a hobby can also bring many health benefits. So, pursue your hobbies actively despite the busy lifestyle you follow.
Involuntary contractions of the diaphragm muscle, located at the base of the lungs, causes hiccups. Such spasms cause the sudden, quick closure of the vocal cords, during air inhalation, causing you to gasp with the characteristic ‘hic’ sound. Hiccupping is an uncontrolled reflex action, often triggered for no apparent reason.
They occur frequently and are more common in newborns and infants. A hiccupping bout generally continues for a few minutes and subsides on its own. These spasms generally occur in a constant rhythmic pattern. They are often set off by anything that creates a pressure on or around the diaphragm. These include:
- Eating too fast or because of the speedy swallowing of food
- Consumption of exceptionally hot and spicy foods
- Consumption of aerated fizzy beverages
- Lack of sleep, stress and exhaustion
- Excess consumption of Alcohol
- Intake of certain medications
How problematic can they be?
In most cases, hiccups stop within a short period of time. Persistent hiccups however, keep occurring for over 48 hours and some continue for over a month, which are also medically termed as Intractable Hiccups. Medical attention is required when hiccups start interfering with sleeping or eating patterns, cause intense breathing difficulty and vomiting. Relentless hiccupping can be painful and extremely tiring. It creates discomfort in the upper abdominal region, and hinders normal routine.
Home remedies for it
Hiccups are generally not serious and most often resolved by simple home remedies. Some of these home remedies include quickly drinking a glass of water, holding your breath for a while or evenly breathing into a paper bag.
Persistent hiccups, that occur at frequent intervals and continue for weeks and months could, however, be indicative of an underlying serious health condition. Therefore, you must visit a doctor if your hiccups do not subside easily.
Incessant hiccups could be symptoms of any type of liver or abdominal disease or lung disease such as pneumonia. Strokes, brain tumours and certain nervous disorders may also cause hiccups; as such disorders create a disturbance in the functioning of the diaphragm.
In case of painful, frequent hiccups, the physician may prescribe you some medications. These may include certain types of muscle relaxants, sedatives, analgesics or any other kind of stimulant that can help in providing a remedy.
How can you ‘prevent’ it?
The onset of a bout of hiccups, is mostly self induced, involuntary spasms, thus cannot often be predicted or prevented. However, certain precautions may be taken to avoid recurrence. Abstinence from smoking, controlled drinking, not gulping down food too fast are only a few ways that control the frequency of hiccups. However, it is always advisable to get yourself examined by a medical practitioner in case of a prolonged spell of hiccups.
Is there an alternative of abortion if my girlfriend don't want a child. She is pregnant since 1 week. Please help me. Suggest a method other than abortion.
I am 24 year old women I got pregnant can I calculate my intercourse date please tell me the procedure.
I am 38 virgin until wedding. I think I have no STD, I married on 22-05-2015 divorced women of 32 I don't know she is infected from 1st husband one like STDs I think 1) herpes HSV-2 I infected 2) she has small 1-2mm size pimples like puss pimples in her pubic area If you give your mail ID I will send you photos of infection I have small doubt Is there any laboratory test for HSV-2 and HPV.
Mam I don't want to be pregnant soon, please tell me during sex which medicine should I use please tell the medicine name that didn't effect in my body.
I had gone through c-section delivery 10 month before when can I start gym or yoga or any kind of exercises.
Infection caused in the kidneys, bladder, urethra or the ureters is known as urinary tract infection. According to doctors, women are generally more at risk of suffering from this condition than men.
Some of the causes which contribute to the development of this infection are:
- Invasion of bacteria: Like any other infection, one of the causes of urinary tract infection is the invasion of the bacteria Escherichia coli in the bladder. This type of bacteria is most commonly found in the gastrointestinal tract and is most often held responsible for urinary tract infection.
- Spreading of the bacteria from anus to urethra: The spread of the gastrointestinal bacteria from the anus to the urethra leads to the infection of the urethra thereby causing urinary tract infection.
Some of the symptoms of urinary tract infection are:
- A nagging urge to urinate: One of the most predominant symptoms of urinary tract infection is a persistent, nagging urge to urinate. You would know your urinary tract is infected when you feel the urgency to urinate extremely frequently.
- There is a burning sensation when you urinate: The symptoms of urinary infection are extremely visible and are felt intensely by the one suffering from it. If you feel a burning sensation while urinating, chances are extremely high that you are suffering from urinary tract infection.
- Red colored urine: Sometimes your urine may contain perceptible amount of blood in them. In most cases, presence of blood in urine is a definite sign of urinary tract infection.
- Foul smelled urine: An internal infection in the urinary tract manifests itself in different ways. One of the chief symptoms of this infection is discharging foul smelling urine.
- Pain in the pelvic area: Women who suffer from urinary tract infection experience excruciating pain near the pelvic area, sometimes extending to the pubic bone.
Hii. I'm 23 years old and am suffering from excessive irregular mensuration periods from last 6 months. From sept 2015 to nov 2015 it didn't happen then under homeopathic medication it did for december and january month and now again for february it doesn't till now. I had to quit the medicine due to some personal reasons. Can you tell what's the reasons and cure for this problem. Also i'm gaining weight due to this.
I am 18 year old girl, my period have ended and begun withing 20 days. I have also noticed that a slight amount of blood is coming through my vagina now a days. I am having no pain in my abdomen area and am also having a normal health. Am bit concerned, is it normal or is it matter of grave concern?
If there is no period from 1.5 month and she is not pregnant then what is the problem going with her? and now what she need to do? is it a serious problem?
Breast milk is the best for babies and the benefits of breastfeeding are one too many. Breast milk not only supplies your baby with its requirement of vitamins and nutrients, but also gets the substances which fight diseases, making your baby healthy and strong.
Benefits of breastfeeding are:
1. Protects Your Body - Breastfeeding induces some changes in your body which you might not be very delighted to accept, but are for the sake of your baby. Did you know, these very changes benefit you as well. Studies have proved that women who breastfeed are protected against breast and ovarian cancer. The longer you feed, the more protected you are.
2. Reduces Stress - Adding to the benefits of breastfeeding you can derive, is the fact that it helps you reduce stress. It also lessens your risk of postpartum depression. Breastfeeding has been found to be relaxing since it releases the hormone called oxytocin. This release also helps the uterus contract.
3. Averts Risk For Baby - A breastfed baby has lower risk of sudden infant death syndrome.
4. Reduces Obesity Risk In Baby - Breastfed babies have lower chances of obesity. They are good at judging when their tummies are full and therefore stop drinking on time. This leads to healthy growth pattern. Compared to babies who are fed on formula, breastfed babies gain weight at slower speed, hence reducing chances of obesity later in life.
5. Increases Cognitive Skills - Multiple researches have shown that there is a direct relationship between cognitive development and breastfeeding.
6. Enhances Baby’s Immunity - Breastfeed babies are also said to be better protected from developing allergies as immune factors like secretory igA is present only in breast milk. It creates a protective layer on the babys intestinal tract. Babies who aren't breastfeed are known to fall sick pretty frequently as formula diet doesn't build their immunity as mother's milk does.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.