Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Jitender FotedarYour feedback matters!
I am 65 yrs old male, weight 87 kg, height 165 cm (5 ft-5 inches) suffering from diabetes for last almost 15 years, taking amaryl mp1, one tab. In morning, mostly sugar remains under control only morning fasting is 125 -130, post meals 170-180. And 3 months average around 7, 2 I want to know the correct diet plan for me to reduce my weight and reduce morning /fasting sugar level also for information I am suffering from other problems as given below suffered with heart problem 3.5 years back and gone under by pass surgery. Now on ecosprin150 mg, atorec 20 mg, seloken xl 25 mg, suffering from prostate/stricture in urethra- problem taking urimax0.4 mg.
I am 65 year old female. I was replaced with prosthetic mitral valve in 1990. I am on warfarin/a intron since then and monitoring INR monthly for adjustment of warfarin/ acitrom. Since last about 4 years I on Acitrom 2 mg daily. I was operated for subdural clot in brain due to fall while walking and was operated for its removal in 2000. I am taking metolar 50mg daily on that account. I am also taking digoxin 1/2 daily. I am now advised to go for cataract operation by eye surgeon in right eye. Is there any risk for the cataract removal surgery. What precaution are required during surgery. Any special advice for cataract surgery.
When should I take ramistar 2.5 mg tablet everyday. I was treated for heart attack .I went through angiogram. Presently after 3 months l got normal ECG report with normal BP.
What we do in case of heart failure in the late night conditions. Do we provide them adrenaline for the emergency or can we give a other drug like ace inhibitor. Do we save the patients or we give them shock for the new life. What type of drug should given to ashtama patients. Give a proper treatment for the hairloss. How we change the heredity change in case of hairloss. Give a reason for occurring skin diseases.
I am 68 yrs. Old. My heart CABG (open heart surgery) was done 1 yr. 5 months back in January 2015. Still there is pain in chest wall /bones/ribs in the areas of stitches. There is inflammatory formation in 2 inches stitches. Sternum creates problem in my movement. Consulted my surgeon every 2 months. He is not giving any importance in my problem. Lastly 3 months back he referred to physiotherapist and I continuously followed his advice. But, there is no improvement of my problem. I know this problem is not of my heart. Can you suggest me any solution of my problem. I will remain grateful to you.
What can be the possible reason for constant but very subtle chest pain though I have gone all the check ups and nothing was found.
My wife (33) suffers from sharp chest pain not continuously but only then and there, vomit sensation also occurs sometimes. Also there is a gradual weight loss since 2-3 months. Pls advise on my question.
I am 21 years old male, I have been smoking since last four years. Now I have pain in my chest regularly. Please help me what to do?
I have less haemoglobin in my body. Haemoglobin never increases. Now a days blood pressure low getting low after a week. So what precautions I take in this situation what medicine is to take in blood pressure low?
When in bend down by head feels alot of pressure and pain. It is very heavy. I got my blood pressure checked. 116/82. Earlier I had congestion but now I am gin with but my headache is not going.
Hello I'm 21 years old. My heartbeats missing one two time in a day. And that time I feel berthing problem and hardness in heart. My echo and tmt are normal. Lipid profile also normal. So what is the reason of it. And kya isse heart ko koi nuksan ho sakta hai Thankyou.
Where does the G spot lie in girls and do really girls squirt or cum and Internet say normal human heart beat ranges from 60-100 is this true?
I have had 2 miscarriages in 2009 n 2011 in the past before that I had a daughter who is 11 now. Both the miscarriagestook placebetween thhe 13-17 weeks n the foetus had no heart best. What is the reason for this ? Should I try to conceive again ?
Pain In my chest left side. What is the reason. And what is solutions for this. please suggested me. Thanks.
My Blood pressure is varying 140 -90 is it correct at my age 37. Or otherwise I have to take life long tablets?
Hello gynecologist Mam, My Preg confirmed on August 2015 28th (4 week) Ges sac measures 3MM and Yolk sac identified On sep 4th New guy missed me for sex O sep 11th 2015 (6 weeks with fetal pole imaged and heartbeat 117) On oct 16th 12 weeks On dec 18th 20 weeks My delivery date on May 1st week Please let me know is there my ges sac DNA will change after early preg confirmed due to this new sperm or my old pregnancy only progressing still? Please advise me.
A stroke may be called a brain attack. It may happen to any person at any time. A stroke occurs when there is a vascular event in the brain causing a blockage of blood vessels or a rupture of vessels causing hemorrhage. The brain cells are starved of food and oxygen or are assaulted by a barrage of harmful agents released as a result of hemorrhage, suffering reversible or irreversible damage. Dead or disabled brain cells result in brain dysfunction due to which patients may lose control over parts of the body or lose the capacity to speak, think or remember.
Strokes can be mild to severe and require immediate medical attention. Stroke requires advanced care and a stroke patient is ideally treated by a multidisciplinary team of experts. At various stages of treatment, the attention of doctors specializing in Neurology, Neurosurgery, Critical Care, Medicine, Radiology and Physical Medicine may be required. Besides, good nursing care and physiotherapy are essential for better recovery from stroke.
Types of Stroke-
- Ischemic Stroke: This kind of stroke occurs when there is a blockage in a blood vessel, which supplies blood to the brain. The commonly seen underlying causes are atherosclerosis (which is a condition where fatty deposits occur in the walls of the blood vessels) or embolism (blood clot formed elsewhere reaches the brain circulation and blocks a smaller blood vessel). Other rarer causes of ischemic stroke are trauma, hypotension, vasospasm, etc..
- Hemorrhagic Stroke: This type of stroke occurs when a blood vessel ruptures into the brain. This can be caused by high blood pressure, weakened vessel wall due to atherosclerosis, or vascular malformations like aneurysms, AVM, or cavernomas.
- Transient Ischemic Attack: This type of stroke is also known as a mini-stroke. The blockage caused is temporary or transient in nature, and may happen repeatedly.
Treatment of Stroke:
A. General Treatment: Most cases require supportive management to prevent the secondary complications of stroke, so that the patient gets adequate time for the brain tissue to recover functions. Medicines are administered to control brain pressure, prevent convulsions and aid brain tissue recovery. Paralysis of muscles, difficulty in eating, drinking, breathing, controlling urine etc. make the patient highly dependent. Physiotherapy is essential for good recovery of impaired functions. It is essential for family and friends to encourage the patient and involve themselves in supportive care to prevent depression from setting in and for robust rehabilitation.
B. Specific Treatment of Ischemic Stroke
- Tissue Plasminogen Activator: This is one of the best ways to treat ischemic strokes presenting early. This medicine is given to the patient intravenously. It dissolves the blood clot and improves blood flow to the area of the brain which is affected. The medicine should be given within three to four hours after stroke symptoms appear.
- Endovascular procedure: This is again useful only if the patient reaches early. This is a process by which the blood clot is removed using a catheter, which gets inserted into the area of the blocked blood vessel. It helps in restoring blood flow to that area.
- Decompressive craniectomy: Large ischemic strokes cause a rise of brain pressure which may cause death. To reduce brain pressure, decompressive craniectomy surgery may be required if medicines alone are not effective.
In this, a large part of the skull on one side or in the front may be removed to allow space for a swelling brain and relieve intracranial pressure.
C. Specific Treatment of Hemorrhagic stroke
- Surgical treatment: Different modes of neurosurgery may be undertaken to remove blood clots, repair vascular malformations and for relieving pressure within the skull. The need for surgery depends on the cause, location and volume of hemorrhage besides other factors. It is an important decision, and the family needs to consult with the neurosurgeon and understand the implications thoroughly before agreeing or disagreeing for treatment.
- Endovascular coiling or embolisation: Act as standalone treatment or as an additional aid to surgery especially in vascular malformations like aneurysms or AVMs.