Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. IpsYour feedback matters!
My blood pressure reading is 140/100 n feeling mild pain in chest. Suggest some easy solution. Plzzzx.
I'm suffering from hypertension which is making mess in my daily routine please suggest me some thing.
I have hdl 31.6 Ldl 105 Total cholesterol 158 Triglycerides 107 I have xanthelasma. Does this due to cholesterol? Do I have more cholesterol level? Does this cause heart attack?
Hi I am suffering with Thalassemia major I have complain of increased heart beat that I can feel even when I put my hand on chest and there is suffocation with this complain.
Nine potentially modifiable factors include smoking, dyslipidemia, hypertension, diabetes, abdominal obesity, psychosocial factors, regular alcohol consumption, lack of adequate fruits and vegetables in diet and sedentary lifestyle. These account for over 90 percent of the population–attributable risk of a first heart attack.
In addition, aspirin is recommended for primary prevention of heart disease for men and women whose 10–year risk of a first heart attack event is 6 percent or greater.
Smoking cessation reduces the risk of both heart attack and stroke. One year after quitting, the risk of heart attack and death from heart disease is reduced by one-half, and after several years it begins to approach that of nonsmokers.
A number of observational studies have shown a strong inverse relationship between leisure time activity and decreased risks of CVD. The Heart Care Foundation of India recommends walking 80 minutes in a day and with a speed of 80 steps per minute.
I have a problem with my left side some pain will come. That pain will move from bottom to top on my left side. What should I do. Previously I did heart check up like ECG, 2d-Echo and tmt. So doctor told no heart problem and after that I consult stomach doctor and checking ultra scan and endoscopy doctor said there is no problem but pain will come now also. What can I do.
My wife is AB- and I am AB+. She suddenly started the bleeding during 5th week and doctor gave her NTD injection and then HCG5000 fertigyn injection and bleeding got stopped My wife is now 6th week pregnant and she is still facing the blood clot issue. Fetal got the heartbeat. Guide whether we are given the right treatment and also want to know the chances of pregnancy survival? Please Give the proper and detailed answer.
Hello, I am having pin pointing pain over my left chest. I have consulted with cardiologist and get TMT and echo test and everything is fine. I am having this pain from almost an year now. Recently a month ago I noticed than my left ribcage has come little outwards from the center and also one of the bone of my left ribcage has come out a little (below left underarm). I think pain is starting between these points where rib bones are disordered. I do workout daily but due to this pain I have stopped lifting heavy weights from last 2 months. Is there anything to worry about rib bones disorder, please share your view it would be really helpful for me. Thanks Sincere regards, Harshit.
I am 42 years my ldl level (lipid test) is higher than Normal level, what type of food I intake, what precautions to maintain it safer level?
How can o reduce cholesterol without medicine. Latest result is total 267, HDL 52, VLDL 54, LDL 161.
My cousin had a chest pain last year September. Then he went to Cardiologist and they did angiography, they told him that he's having a block and they did angioplasty put a stent. Doctor advice him to have a medicine for 1 yr. His blood pressure, sugar, and cholesterol level is normal last month he stopped his medicines without consulting his doctor. He is only taking ecosprin only. Is that Ohkk?
I am having t2 diabetes and high blood pressure and cholesterol I want to grow my body muscles as I am only 27 years old.
! am 50 years old. I am using BP tablets lose-H since 10 years. Actually I do morning walk and yoga. And I don't have BP in fact. May stop using BP tablets. Or at least, may shift to Ayurveda/home/Unani as alternative medicine for the same issue. Recently, I was impressed with Ayurveda treatment for some other issue. Please give suggestion.
Your heart is the most important and vital organ of all and regulates the flow of heart to all parts of the body. Thus, the valves and the arteries which take the blood to your heart are also an important component in ensuring that the circulation is constant. Thus, any hindrance to this process will put a lot of pressure on your heart and lead to more serious problems in the long run. Coronary artery disease is one such problem and can seriously put the health of your heart at risk.
What is coronary heart disease?
Coronary arteries are very important blood vessels, which carry nutrients, blood and oxygen to your heart. If the level of bad cholesterol is high in your blood, it will start leaving deposits on the walls of the arteries which are commonly known as plaque. This plaque will start building up over time causing blockage of the arteries and disrupting proper blood flow. Excessive build up of the plaque may then rupture the lining of the plaque. This will then induce blood clotting and further prevent the normal flow of blood.
Primary symptoms may include
- Shortness of breath: This may occur while you are exercising or performing activities which are mildly exerting.
- Heart beats very hard and fast: Your heart may beat very hard and fast, especially when doing everyday activities such as climbing stairs or walking for a prolonged distance.
- Angina or chest pain: You may experience pain in your chest as if someone was pressing against it with a lot of force. Angina is also triggered due to stressful activities or even emotional stress. It usually occurs on the left or the middle of the chest and may even be felt in the back, arms, and neck.
- Heart attack: Heart attacks are the most common and the most serious complications of coronary heart disease. You would feel extreme pain, akin to crushing on your chest, shoulder, or arm. It may even be accompanied by jaw pain, and sweatiness.
Non invasive forms of treatment are always preferable rather than invasive surgeries or procedures to treat coronary heart disease, especially where the risk of serious complications such as heart attack are still on the lower side. Some of the treatments used for coronary heart disease are as follows:
- Making lifestyle changes: Quit smoking, reduce alcohol consumption along with consumption of regulated diet will automatically start cleaning plaque that has built up within the arteries. Losing weight also tends to help.
- Medications: Special medications can take care of cases wherein the deposits are still lesser and the plaque buildup can be removed without the requirement of extensive surgery. Anti-cholesterol medications are one example of this.
- Surgical procedures: These are usually employed when the blockage is severe and cannot be corrected by the conventional methods mentioned above. Some of the procedures are angioplasty, stent replacement, as well as coronary artery bypass surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist and ask a free question.