Lybrate.com has top trusted Occupational Therapists from across India. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Speech Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ina GuptaYour feedback matters!
Getting pain in chest feeling like pressing with pins and getting pain back side below shoulders motion is going freely but not getting burps what I have to do what food I have to eat and what's the reason for this what it is called as.
Me and my wife is plan for a baby but from last one year we can't complete our plan, here I want to confirm one thing that my wife have always some issue with his health like period is always delay always she ask for pain in his legs and the most important is she face a issue of vaginal infection. So Pls advise me what we will do.
I have problem with my right hand (especially shoulder). Whenever I am working out with my shoulder it takes jerk after 2-3 reps and it is always swollen. I also done X Ray for the same and completed the medicine course too but I still cannot get any satisfactory results. I have this problem from 4-5 months. Currently I also stop my workout. So what should I do now?
My daughter is 21 years old. Her knee bones are very weak. She complains of knee pain often and in winters and her periods, it grow worse. Often her bones produce cracking sounds, as if her bones are breaking and it worsens her pain for 5-6 minutes. What should I do?
About 2-3 weeks ago I fell face first on the ground due to inability to spot a uneven surface on the footpath. That day my right knee did pain for the night, the next day however it subsided. Since like last week the pain has increased, much more as it is like going and coming back. I feel like wrapping something around the knee, till my feet. I can't keep my leg in one position for long.
I am 78 years old. I have undergone spleenoctomy for ITP in 187 I have taken steroids for few months before & few months after spleenoctomy as platelet count had not improved after spleenactomy. I am having border line hypertension & taking regular medication for it apart from Pentid 88 for lifetime prescribed by doctor after spllenactomy. My kidney functions are also declined & I was dignosised & treated kidney failure. Though the medications were stopped after improvement in blood urea & blood creatinine counts had come to normal level. However I am on strict diet of of total avoidance of non veg food, sprouted beens all pulses, banana, tender coconut all type of painkillers etc. I am also suffering from UTI & taking treatment for the same. I have tested my bone density which is -2. I am taking regular exercise of walking & some yogasanas However since last one year I am having severe pains in my hip joints & pelvic regions while walking & in the morning after rising from bed which are increasing day by day. I cannot think of any surgery due to very low platelet count of upto 50000 only. I am afraid whether I may be forced to stop walking exercise after few days & will not be able to maintain my health. IOs it possible for me to walk without pains without joint replacement surgery.
What should a person do when he is suffering from severe pain and feeling disturbance while walking. Though he has a surgery of l4 l5 segment.
Dear doctor I am 44 years old. My sugar level after food 250 some times 350 at present I am taking medicine GLYCOMET-GP 2 Forte. And my two foots including foot fingers very painful some times pining my foot pain and I am taking medicine PREGABALIN-75. Pls any body advice me take any other medicines kindly help to me. Eagerly waiting for your reply soon sir. Thanks. Hussain.
I am 39 years old lady. I suffer with leg pain before 4 months. When I am sitting/ sleeping some times, I am not walking suddenly feel pain in my foot. Basically back side my foot sir, I request you to please give suggestion about consider my problem.
I am a 45 year old men. I have pain in left shoulder from last 01 year while raising and pain goes down the arm. I have been using various ointments, but no relief. Kindly suggest me.
Whenever I get up in morning I have tired legs. And it continues being entire day. During sleep I feel restless. And second issue continues tiredness in neck and shoulder leading to fatigue and pain in head.
I am 66 years old I have pain in right leg & both souls are burning since last about 3 years pain start from right side hip doctor advice me MRI kindly advise me it's necessary.
People who suffer from arthritis are more likely to experience osteoarthritis symptoms. The intensity of the feeling of knee pain in winter is often linked to barometric pressure. In winter, there is a reduction in the pressure exerted by the air around us. This drop in pressure can cause the tissues around the joints to swell resulting in increased pain. The other possible cause of knee pain in winter can be explained from the influence of heat. Fluid in tissues becomes more viscous during winter. As a result of this increased viscosity, the elasticity of the muscles decreases, resulting in winter aches and pains.
Some scientists believe that the higher pain intensity in winter is to be more of a psychological thing. Seasonal affective disorder is more during winter, and people suffering from mental depression seem to sense more pain during winter as the weather restricts outdoor activities. Improper intake of food also causes knee pain in winter due to undigested material. Even though winter arthritis is uncomfortable, the following tips help to make the joints work better and make you withstand the season easier.
Tips to Manage Joint Pain in Winters
- Physical activity in winter can reduce winter aches and pains and enhance overall health benefits. Low impact activities like aerobics, swimming in a heated pool, weight training, and riding a stationary bicycle can reduce stiffness, increase the blood flow, and support the knees. Thus, winter arthritis can be well managed by doing exercises.
- Diet also plays a vital role. Eating a balanced diet that comprised of low saturated fat, lean proteins, more fiber, and refined carbs helps to improve body functions during the winter. Drinking water throughout the day helps to reduce winter aches and pains. It is essential to consume easily digestible foods like vegetables. Consuming vegetables like carrots and cucumbers that have diuretic properties can help to eliminate waste products from the body.
- Vitamin D deficiency may worsen osteoarthritis. It is necessary to take a supplement vitamin D or ensure to make your diet is vitamin-D rich. Fish oil is a potent source of omega 3 fatty acids. Increase your intake of milk, a rich source of protein and calcium that help to strengthen the bones. Exposing the body to sunlight help to obtain vitamin D.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as aspirin and ibuprofen can be used to reduce inflammation and pain. Injecting a viscous substance can decrease the friction of the bones and ease the condition.
Home Remedies for Knee Pain in Winters
- Wrap the inflamed knees with blanched cabbage leaves. This can cool down inflamed knees. Aloe vera also helps to reduce inflammation.
- Comfrey (symphytum officinale) can act as an anti-inflammatory agent. Create a compress using mashed root or comfrey tea soaked bandages can also be used to reduce inflammation.
- Applying an ice-pack can help to reduce swelling and alleviate winter aches and pains. While applying ice-pack, ensure to cover the entire knee. Applying a bag of frozen peas to the area also works well. While using ice or heat therapy, make sure to do them carefully as over agressive and over doing it, can cause problems.
- Steam therapy also helps to reduce pain in your knees. Soak your knee in a steaming hot water for 15 minutes. Applying hot water bag also can relieve knee pain in winter effectively.
- Winter aches and pains all over the body can be relieved by administrating massage therapy by a professional.
- Avoid applying strain or pressure on your knees. Take adequate amount of rest to reduce pain and swelling.
These are basic guidelines to help you. Contact your doctor for further management.
I am facing severe pain in my legs and is it any sign of arthritis. I face problems walking and the gap between my legs is minimum causing anal portion to rise up from central portion between legs. When I wake up I feel swollen pain in legs in morning.
My father age 70 n diabetic. He felt in home and having fracture in hip femer. Dr. Ask for surgery n rod fix req. How many days require to recover and what will approx expense for such surgery.
My shoulder was dislocated while playing. Now I want to recover my shoulder and start playing as I did before. How is the shoulder injury treated? What should I do to cure it?
Are you suffering from skeletal and muscular disorders and are looking for an effective remedy? You can opt for Thaila Dhara or Pizhichil treatment. This is an Ayurvedic therapy which is effective for curing skeletal and muscular disorders. The term Pizhichil refers to squeezing. The procedure involves the squeezing of warm, medicated oil from a cloth. It is followed by a massage of the entire body except for the head. This procedure is performed by three or more Ayurvedic therapists and it requires more than three liters of medicated oil.
Indications for Pizhichil or Thaila Dhara
Other than muscular and skeletal disorders, this Ayurvedic therapy is also used for getting relief from several other health conditions. These include rheumatic diseases, vata dosha disorders, paralysis, arthritis, sexual weakness, insomnia, high blood pressure, depression, nervous weakness, neurological disorders, muscular aches and dislocated or stiff joints.
The procedure of Thaila Dhara involves several steps. First, the Ayurvedic therapist evaluates your prakruti, vikruti and dosha imbalance before prescribing the type of medicated oil to be used. Pizhichil is performed in seven standard body positions and no area is left out. First a light massage is given and then lukewarm medicated oil is squeezed on the patient’s body using a cloth. From time to time, the cloth is dipped in a vessel which contains the medicated oil. It takes one hour for the procedure to get completed. Based on your requirements, the frequency of the therapy is prescribed by your Ayurvedic physician.
Benefits of Thaila Dhara
There are several benefits of Thaila Dhara. They are as follows:
- It is an ideal therapy for treating vata imbalance.
- It helps in relieving body pains, inflammations and stiffness.
- The body gets detoxified and rejuvenated.
- The mind, body and soul gets soothed.
- It is great for stress and anxiety relief.
- Blood circulation is improved drastically.
- Overall physical and mental health is improved.
- Muscular tone is enhanced.
- The entire nervous system is re-tuned and the nerves are strengthened.
- Fractured bones are healed and overall body immunity gets enhanced.
The different Ayurvedic medicated oils used in the procedure of Thaila Dhara include Sahacharadi thailam, Narayana thailam, Dhanwantharam thailam, Bala thailam and Prbhanjanavimardana thailam among others. In many cases, the medicated oils are combined together. The selection of oils should be done by your Ayurvedic physician. The course of Thaila Dhara treatment may be of 7 days, 14 days or more. This depends on your condition and requirements. You should strictly consult an Ayurvedic practitioner before thinking of undergoing Thaila Dhara treatment.