Here are symptoms,cause and treatments of Erectile Dysfunction
Hi everybody! I am Dr. Imran. Today, I am going to talk about erectile dysfunction, which is a very common problem among especially the males. I am going to tell you the causes and the treatment of this disorder. In todays time , most of the young and middle-aged males are either unable to have erection or are able to have it but cannot maintain the same for long as required to have the sexual intercourse. Scientific research says that the cause for this may be lack of proper blood supply in your sexual organ, the penis, due to some relevant causes.
Among the causes of this dysfunction as seen in our clinical practice include the side effects of certain medicines prescribed for high blood pressure, blood sugar, diabetes, epilepsy. Sometimes, it may happen due to certain psychological problems as well like high levels of depression, anxiety, stress. It may also occur due to poor interpersonal relationship when the male is either unable to communicate properly with his partner or for some other reasons in the background which disturb the relationship. Along with this, spinal or head injuries and hormonal imbalances in the body may also cause the dysfunction.
A qualified sexologist tries to catch the particular cause of erectile dysfunction for the patient and keeping the same in mind he targets the cause and rectifies it with medicine. The general management for erectile dysfunction includes psychotherapy, medicines, some devices which can be used for penis particularly and some exercises which can cure the dysfunction soon.
A general misconception among the people is that erectile dysfunction is a normal phenomenon among the people who are 35 or 40 years old or more but this is not true. In the end, I would also like to tell you that Lybrate is such a platform who reaches qualified and authentic doctors to the patient. So, if you have any queries for me, you can definitely put them on the Lybrate platform and I will answer them.read more
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Imran Khan
Submit a review for Dr. Imran KhanYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
This is one of the best and well experienced sexologist doctor in gurgaon i have seen ever. The way he treats his patients is completely different from other allopathic doctors and his treatment is very much effective in comparison of allopathic. I appreciate his knowledge in this field which i never seen in my life. His treatment is little costly but doesn't matter if resul is perfect. we generally pay small amount many times to other doctors which is equal to or greater than this amout and do not get results so as per my opinion dr. imran khan is the right doctor where we can pay for such treatment.
Someone from the office, referred us Dr Imran Khan. Thanks to him I am much better now. Dr Imran Khan doesn't just randomly prescribes medicines, but first properly diagnoses the problem. All the staff members were very helpful. He is very courteous and behaves very aptly with elder patients. I thought it was something very normal, but then I realised the erectile dysfunction is something else. I was suffering from erectile dysfunction for such a long time. But now I am completely cured and satisfied with the treatment.
Nothing to say more about Dr. Imran Khan, he is awesome as usual. He treated my younger brother twice in 10 days for skin infection and back pain, now he is absolutely well and doing good. The experiences and confidence Dr. Imran Khan has is realy appreciated and are trustable. I would like to say very confidently that patients need to visit him for any kind of illness. May you get success in your lufe.
A very knowledgeable and trustworthy doctor one can ever find. This person has always been a saviour in one's life. Taking my example here, when every other Doc suggested an operation for my Cyst problem, he was the one who relaxed the pain and resolved the problem with his Unani Treatment. Blessed to have consulted him. Such doctors, altogether, will make India proud.
So many doctors I consulted, but his treatment was the best. It was a bad case of premature ejaculation. He is very courteous and behaves very aptly with elder patients. Even though it's been more than a year, still if I sometimes feel pain and call him, and Dr Imran Khan still takes my call in case of any emergency. All the staff members were very helpful.
I recommend Dr.imran Khan from heart.i t.v. gone through many famous doctors but dint relieved,because they all were unable to find out the cause of my problem. But Dr.imran Khan is such a great personality and really expert of his field,who heard me very very carefully,and really caught the cause behind my problem and treated that from roots..........
Dr. imran khan is the best Dr.Ihave ever seen.i never had faith in Unani or herbal medicines.My husband had been diagnosed angina and me gyne problem.We both were cured as a result of his treatment.The way he deals with patient is commendable.Unani treatment is really magical.We both wish him all the best for his bright future
The symptoms were severe and unmanageable, as I was suffering from male sexual problems . I consulted Dr Imran Khan. He ensures that he listens to his patients. I am quite benefitted with his treatment. He definitely is aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat serious cases. It was so quite pleasant in the clinic.
I was experiencing sexual weakness from quite long which was affecting me and my wife's life. I decided to consult a sexologist who can help me deal with this issue. So , I chose to consult Dr Imran. He is a well experienced doctor. I owe him a big thank to help me get rid of this problem. I am glad that I consulted him.
I was suffering from sexual issues since long time. And after viewing dr Imran's profile I started taking treatment from him. The doctor given me the proper time to understand my problems very carefully. And now within 2 months I am feeling that I am absolutely okay. I am thankful to dr imran and recommend him to all !
I was having this masturbation addiction, but the symptoms were not very visible. I consulted Dr Imran. He is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. Both Imran Khan and staff were very helpful. He has a broad knowledgeable in the field of sexology. I owe him a big thanks for making me fine again.
From quite some time i was suffering from male sexual problems. I consulted Dr Imran .He is so pleasant to talk to and always ready to answer your doubts. Both Imran Khan and staff were very helpful. He ahndled my case with great ease.Finally with his treatment, I am completely cured from the disease.
I was quite depressed due to my small oenis size but Dr Imran has helped me greatly. I followed his guidance and I can see the considerable changes in myself. He has broad knowledge in the field of sexology and I would surely recommend this doctor to anyone gladly.
Dr. Imran Khan is the best doctor I have ever seen.The way he treats his patient is praise-worthy. I had some gyne problem and my husband angina.His treatment is effective. We r happy with the result. We wish Dr. Imran a very bright future
Dr. Imran Khan provides answers that are very helpful, knowledgeable, caring, professional and helped me improve my health. Sir , u hv solve the myths and help people live a happy n healthy life
Awesome experience. Best Dr I have ever seen.We have been benefited by the treatment. Complete faith in Dr. and his treatment. May all be gifted with good health like us under his treatment.
Awesome experience and very knowledgeable and trustworthy doctor.This person has always been a saviours in one's life and very friendly in nature.Too many thanks for build my confidence
Dr. Imran Khan provides answers that are well-reasoned, knowledgeable, caring, sensible and professional. Thankyou so much sir for ur descriptive and helpful answer.
It was wonderful experience with Dr. Imran. Highly recommend him as he has a strong knowledge in the concerned area and very friendly nature.
He is excellent doctor. He treats well, cares well spends time with patients. His medicine worked for me by the grace of Allah Almighty.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Imran Khan to be saved my life and helped me improve my health. Good
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Imran Khan to be caring and very helpful. Thank u
Premature ejaculation affects around 30% of men at some time in their lives. Now there are pharmacological treatments available to treat the same. However different approaches work better for different people. Visiting a doctor is the best way to get the most appropriate treatment.
Hello, Mujhe sex problem hai me bahut jaldi discharge ho jata hu please suggest me something for that.
What is sexual dysfunction?
Sexual dysfunction is often described as the difficulty exhibited by a couple or an individual during ant stage of the sexual activity. It might include pleasure, preference, desire, arousal and orgasm. As per the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, a person with sexual dysfunction shows extreme stress along with interpersonal strain. This disorder is believed to have an impact on the sexual life of the people experiencing it.
Types of Sexual Dysfunction:
- Sexual desire disorders: This is often characterized with decreased libido or an absence or lack of sexual desire, activity or fantasies. The condition usually ranges from a general lack to a lack of the sexual desire and activity for the partner. This condition might be present from the very beginning or might start after normal sexual functioning. Whatever the cause may be it leads to decrease in the production of estrogen in women and testosterone in both women and men. Other causes are believed to be fatigue, pregnancy, aging, medications like SSRIs and psychiatric conditions like anxiety and depression.
- Sexual arousal disorders: These are commonly as impotence in men and frigidity in women, though now the terms have been replaced. Impotence is now termed as erectile dysfunction and frigidity has been defined by many terms describing the problem. As per the, American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders the term is described in 4 categories. These are lack of arousal, lack of desire, lack of orgasm and pain during intercourse.
- In both men and women the condition can be exhibited as an aversion or avoidance of sexual activity with their partner. Men might show a complete failure to maintain erection, excitement and pleasure during sexual activity.
- Sexual pain disorders: This is often prominent in women and is also known as painful intercourse (dyspareunia) or vaginismus (involuntary spasm of the vaginal wall muscles often interfering with intercourse).
- Dyspareunia is caused by the dryness of vagina in women. This poor lubrication might be due to lowered stimulation and excitement and hormonal changes caused due to pregnancy, breast feeding and menopause. In some case contraceptive foams and creams can also cause dryness. Anxiety and fear towards sex can also lead to dryness.
- Vaginismus is often thought to occur through a sexual trauma like abuse or sex. Another condition vulvodynia might occur in women. In this a woman experiences burning pain while sexual activity. This is often thought to be related to the skin problems of the vaginal and vulvar region.
- Post-orgasmic diseases: The symptoms of these occur after ejaculation or orgasm. This is often accompanied with headaches in the neck and skull during sexual activity which might include orgasm or masturbation.
Muje Ed problm hai erection ki problm hai mera trtmnt bhi chl raha hai but section main kch kha sy antr nhi and low libdo please Dr. sir help me.
I have facing problem of pre ejaculation. It's really sound disgusting when I come to make physical relationship with my partner.
Penis when flaccid is very small and during it flaccid state it penis completely retracts inside the body sometime or when I am exercising or running or when I am feeling nervous. It retracts completely inside the body sometimes and only little skin is visible. And after sometime it comes back to its normal state. Its totally normal and fine right? Please help.
Impotence is often related to old-age and deteriorating sexual drives. However, not all cases of impotence pertain to the older crowd. Youth impotence is an increasingly common condition among males in generation X, however, it is rare but not totally absent in females as well.
In males, youth impotence refers to a young man’s incapability to attain an erection or maintain it throughout the intercourse. The main reasons for youth impotence can be attributed to over-masturbation or having sex too often. A certain study indicates that excessive masturbation at a very young age requires an excess of testosterone, thereby restricting the resting time of the nervous system. Endocrine function of the body is adversely affected as well because the production of hormones and liver enzymes is gravely reduced.
Other causes of male youth impotence are:
- Marijuana: Marijuana increases the level of the inflammatory hormone ‘prostaglandin’, E-2, that is responsible for inflammation of the brain arteries which results in interrupted blood flow to the penis.
- Methamphetamine and Ecstasy: Prolonged meth abuse can cause confined testicular function and orgasmic disorders whilst over-dosing on ecstasy is responsible for wrecking the ‘serotonin’ producing neurons present in the brain that regulate and control sexual activities.
Youth impotence is relatively a typical in females. However, it isn’t a condition which is non-existent. Females in the ripe ages of their youth experience “inhibited desire disorder” which means the woman has no or very low desire to engage in any form of sexual activity. This condition can be attributed to a variety of factors: drug abuse, unpleasant past experiences, chronic distress, insomnia, etc. Experiencing a piercing pain during intercourse can also lead to this condition. This pain is unnatural and might persist due to lack of lubrication, vaginismus (pelvic muscle spasms) or genital herpes.
The youth impotence in both males and females can be healed by a combination of the following methods:
- Psychosexual counselling
- Intake of pills which stabilise the flow of hormones in your body
- Kegel exercises which strengthen one’s pelvic muscles
- Addition of necessary nutrients to your diet
Did you know that pregnancy can alter your libido, since sex drive is influenced by biological, psychological and social factors? It's no surprise then that the numerous hormonal changes and the emotional roller-coaster that a woman experiences during pregnancy, can change her desire for sex. Of course, no two woman's sexual drive is the same and hence the matter is very individual and unique for every woman.
But some common bodily trends are observed during the various trimesters of pregnancy.
- During the first trimester of pregnancy, some women are put off by sex when the symptoms of nausea, vomiting and tiredness kick in. This can be blamed on the rise in the levels of the hormones estrogen and progesterone. A woman would rather just catch up on lost sleep and lie in bed by herself, getting all the rest she can.
- The second trimester brings relief in the symptoms felt during the first trimester. Some women experience a surge in their libido, as energy levels improve and they feel relatively more relaxed.
- The third trimester brings with it weight gain, back pain and other symptoms which can lower a woman's sexual drive again.
- Besides the typical changes that are brought on in the different trimesters, quite a few women report a heightened desire for sex. With all those pregnancy hormones flowing, it's understandable. During pregnancy, a woman's breasts get bigger and more sensitive. The vulva also becomes engorged from extra blood flow and even more sensitive, which could lead to more enjoyable pregnancy sex.
- Another fact is that, with no longer having to worry about contraception during this time, both partners welcome the fact that they can have sex anytime they want or without worrying about the obligations of ovulation.
So basically, a woman can easily embrace her sexual desire during this special time of pregnancy. As long as a doctor doesn't suggest otherwise, it is perfectly safe for a woman to revel in her new found desire and have sex with her partner until the baby arrives.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!