Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. HimanshuYour feedback matters!
My girl child is 03 years old. She does not eat happily. We force eat her with very difficultly . Therefore she is very thin as compare to same age group child .What should I do?
Hi, My son is 13 months now. I still breast feed him. My query is: For the first 3 months after delivery he used to latch both my breast for milk. Later I found it easier holding him and feeding on the left breast. After 3 months I only gave him left breast for latching. Yesterday when he was latching milk he saw my right breast and wanted to drink milk from the right breast however I was a little skeptical and dint offer the right side milk as its one year. When I checked there is still milk coming from right breast as well. Can I squeeze a lot of milk from the right breast for may be a week and then can I give him the right side breast milk as well.
My son 6 yes old has got tiny small black dot in his chest armpit back shoulder and foot looks like mole I am worried it would be skin cancer or anything there is no lump or pain but it comes one by one please reply me soon.
Hi .I m from srinagar kashmir. I hv a daughter aged 4. She has a problem with her nose. Inside her nose she has adenoids and she is so allergic. I consulted many doctors here but all was in vain. She always has a running nose and sometimes blocked nose. please suggest me remedies. Thanks.
I am 17 years old male I have digestion problem food doesn't digest like common man in general digestion time, and I feel very weakness and laziness and I have itches in some of body parts like neck, hand, chest since 8 months and I tried many medicine but nothing happen.
My 3 year old baby have throat infection causes breathing problem as its sounds like snoring what should I give him? Dr. prescribed AB phylline, nikomox, and juvetra.
I am 16 years old and I am having ulcers in the mouth since last 5-6 days. I have been eating tablets like B-capsule and Riboflavin together with Zytee mouth paint but it's having no effect. So what can I do in such situation?
My child has taken expired cerelac by mistake. Due to this he is suffering lose motion. Kindly suggest me what can be done now?
Hi My Daughter is one year old, the problem is she weighs only 9-9.5 kg, other growth parameters are ok and she is walking also now. Her intake is mainly milk and cerelac/semi solids/biscuit. THE PROBLEM IS SHE HAS TO BE FORCED IN EATING SOLIDS? SEMI SOLIDS AND HER APETITE IS ALSO POOR PLS SUGGEST HOW TO IMPROVE HER APETITE.
How many days mother feeding continue, for the child age now 6 month plus, drinking water should we introduced in this age?
My son is about 8 years old. He is very good in gymnastics, taekwondo, sports etc. Very active. But he is thin. I want him to put on more weight and become little chubby. Please suggest some good food, nutrients, etc so that he puts on some weight. Thanks.
My 6 year son often complains about acute stomach ache. He even vomits when he is in pain. He has completed his antibiotics course for the same, around 3 to 4 times in the past 8 months. I've got his deworming done too, but still no relief. His usg was also done that stated minor swollen lymph nodes. But the pain is unbearable. Suggest what could be the possible reasons for it. Moreover, if any other test I should get done. I'm really worried for him. please help.
The mother and the father, both clearly play defined roles in the development of a child’s personality. While the mother teaches the child things like kindness and love, the father reinforces messages like hard work and dedication. Due to various reasons, there are a number of children who end up growing up with single parents. Both the child and the parent have to deal with a lot of hardships.
The patterns observed also differ based on whether the single parent is the mother or the father. There are various negative effects to this, and few of them have been listed below.
- Social disconnect: Most children growing up with a single parent do not feel normal. There is a constant feeling of confused identity. In some cases, the children may not be able to cope with these hardships leading to depression and decreased self-confidence. In the long run, the child may be less compassionate and supportive and more aggressive and confused. There could be a sense of resentment towards the parents for forcing him to live with a single parent. The kid may also despise other children who grow up with both parents. They may also have very less friends and social connect than kids with both parents
- Odd combination: If a single mother is raising a son, her contribution to his growth is very limited from a psychological point of view. They would always look for a father figure whom they can reach out to. Same is the case with a girl growing up with a single father. She misses the mother with whom alone she would be able to share some things. The overall personality in both these cases is significantly altered from boys and girls who grow up with both parents.
- Performance levels: The stress of living with single parents puts pressure on the child constantly, and there could be performance dip in academics, sports, and co-curricular activities. These children also tend to become uncooperative; therefore getting them to follow the school curriculum becomes difficult. The chances of them dropping out of education and getting expelled from school are quite high.
- Social menaces: The incidence of smoking, alcohol abuse, and substance abuse is quite high and also happens much earlier in these kids. Because of the constant stress they are in, these become outlets for them to be themselves.
- Sexual abuse: With single parent children, the chances of sexual abuse (by them and of them) are also quite high.
These are some of the psychological problems that children growing up with single parent face. Although this may not be the case with all the children as every child has a different thinking and reaction. However unpleasant it may be, this continuous battle on raising a child alone and addressing these issues has to be fought every single day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
I regularly can see some food particles in my baby stool. It happens even when she passes good quality stool. I can see tomatoes, dhaniya leaf, carrots and beans. Is this a problem of digestion? My baby is 2 years 4 months old. She suffers from constipation also.
16 days old baby is vomiting just after breastfeeding from yesterday and stomach is getting bigger. Stool and urination are ok. Not sleeping properly. Please help me how to get rid of this ?
My Daughter suffering from abeniotic band syndrome. What is abeniotic band syndrome? What is causes of this syndrome? How can we protect our children from this syndrome?
Children are much more susceptible to tooth decay and gum disorders than grown-ups. This is because the gum and teeth in toddlers are very delicate. Moreover, children are more attracted to sweets and other food items, which cause damage to the teeth.
Here are several ways to protect the teeth of your little one:
- Have a dental checkup: You should take your child to a dentist on his first birthday. Early prevention is important as any kind of problem in the teeth will be detected and this will save you from a lot of trouble in the future.
- Teaching healthy habits: Brushing is very important and you should teach your child to brush regularly, more than once a day. Before the development of teeth in your baby, you should brush his gums gently by using water on a soft baby toothbrush or with a clean and soft cloth. After developing teeth, brushing must be practiced with delicate toothbrushes and fluoridated toothpaste. If several teeth touch against each other, you should use flossing. Brushing is essential before going to bed, and no food should be taken after brushing.
- Prevent "baby bottle decay": You should not let your child go to sleep with a bottle of juice or milk. The sugar contained in these liquids sticks to the child's teeth, which activates bacteria and may lead to tooth decay.
- Avoid giving juice to your child: Juice may be healthy for the body, but it leads to tooth decay in little kids. The amount of regular juice intake should never be above four ounces.
- Avoid excess use of a sippy cup: Sippy cups enable children to shift from bottles to a glass. However, all day long usage of sippy cups should be restricted as it may cause decay on the front and back portions of teeth, when the drinks are rich in sugar.
- Be careful about sweet medicines: Many medicines meant for children are sugary and stick to the teeth, increasing the chance of cavities. Several antibiotics cause overgrowth of Candida or yeast and cause an oral disease known as oral thrush. This disease causes creamy patches on the tongue. In case your child needs sweet medicines, brushing should be increased.
- Stop using a pacifier by the age of 2 or 3: Pacifiers are good for children, but using pacifiers for a long period of time affects the lining of teeth. The shape of the mouth may also change. Hence, do not let your child use pacifiers after 2 or 3 years of age.
Children are quite prone to teeth disorders and decay in the teeth. Hence, measures must be taken to protect the teeth of children from any kind of disorder.