Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Himanshu LalYour feedback matters!
As usual, awesome experience. Dr. Himanshu is one of the best doctor in gurgaon who gives enough time to patient and advises according to the patient conditions. I am the one who is relocated to Delhi now but due to Dr. Himanshu experienced and behavior, we are oblige to come Gurgaon for the treatment.
Please thank me if you feel its good.
3 things you need to do right now.
## decide ## commit ## succeed
Important tips for weight loss.
1) eat breakfast regularly.
2) eat small 4-5 meals a day.
3) eat a mid meal in between each main meal.
4) include daily eggs nuts fruits in your meals.
5) avoid junk food.
6) avoid alcohol and smoking.
7) exercise atlist 4-5 times a week.
8) even if you were to take medicine or supplements. They will not work in isolation.
#stop glucosamine to loss weight
1) avoid eat sugar and fat e. G ghee/fried stuff
2) take a plate of salad before meals. Try to avoid no of chapati.
##lastly be committed. Remember its a life style change. And not a one time change, its a balanced intake that will last longer.
So try to follow this tips seemingly and the results will follow you.
1) do regular exercise like brisk walking (at least), running swimming.
2) avoid sedentary and lazy lifestyle.
3) if you lifestyle is moderate. Then go ahead with cardio exercise or hiit.
4) if you're lifestyle is active. Then join a gym add some weight training.
5) run on treadmill after workout to burn double calories.
6) new to workout, then workout daily 1 muscle group a day. After 90days can go for 2 muscle group.
7) work station is near to your home. Then buy a cycle.
8) stop taking your bike/car if you feel you can walk thru.
######please consult your trainer for best workout chart######
###sample diet chart###
Breakfast -- wheat of mung (green beans) sprouts and one cup skimmed milk.
Mid morning - coconut water or dry fruits or lemon tea or vegetable soup
Lunch - salad or raw vegetables such as carrot, beetroot, cucumber, cabbage, tamotos. In case if you don't get digest raw vegetables, neither ateam or boil them. And whole grain bread of wheat chapati (indian recipe) and glass of butter milk, it will good if you add some roasted cumin seeds, and green coriander leaves and bit salt and grated ginger in the buttermilk.
If you feel to eat rice then please eat 1cup brown rice not white.
Mid evening - juice or apple or brown bread with egg.
Dinner - your dinner will decide your weight loss goal.
Eat salad with juice or your can add fish. No carbs
Before bed - 1 glass of skimmed milk.
My wife is 27 years old and she is 3 months pregnant. Her first day of last cycle was on 7 november 2015, and she started taking saheli pill on this day (7 november) to avoid pregnancy but she came to know abt her pregnancy on 25 december by positive pregnancy test. So I am worrying abt any harmful effect of contraceptive pill (saheli) on my wife or her baby. Plzzz help.
I am 29 year old female and I have period problem from 6 month my period stay. Only 2 days is that normal or not.
I am 50 year old, is it normal to have 20 times sex/week. For me, without having sex before going to bed is difficult and I cannot have sound sleep.
If you are suffering from burning pain or tingling sensation in hands or feet; sharp shooting pain in legs; numbness in hands or feet, then you might be suffering from Neuropathic pain.
What is neuropathic pain?
Neuropathic pain is a special type of pain which occurs when there is damage to nerve fibers,which produces tingling or burning type of pain.It is of two types:
1. Peripheral Neuropathic pain: It occurs when there is injury to peripheral nerve fibers (A-delta or C-fibers)which carries pain sensation to brain (Thalamus) for interpretation.
2. Central Neuropathic pain: It occurs due to sensitization of central pain interpreting mechanisms (Thalamus) to falsely feel pain, when peripheral nerve fibers are no longer sending pain impulses to them.
Worldwide-estimates of prevalence of neuropathic pain are 7% i.e. 7 persons out of 100 people are suffering from different types of neuropathic pain.
a.Tingling sensation or feeling of ants crawling under skin
c. Sharp shooting pain or electric current-like sensation
d. Stabbing pain
e. Dull pain with numbness or heaviness
Reasons for neuropathic pain:
1. Diabetes mellitus: Most common cause worldwide due to uncontrolled blood sugar levels, causing damage to nerve fibers.
2. Alcohol consumption/Cigarette smoking: Damage to nerve fibers or damage to blood vessels supplying nerve fibers.
3. Neck pain/Low Back pain/ Glutei pain
4. Vit. B12 deficiency
5. Chemotherapy for cancer patients
6. Post-Herpes virus infection
7. Post-Spine surgery
9. Diseases like Spinal cord injury,multiple sclerosis, HIV, Lead toxicity, etc.
a. Carpal tunnel syndrome: Tingling, burning sensation in hand which occurs due to compression of median nerve in wrist area. It occurs in women especially due to pregnancy, hypothyroidism,diabetes, etc. and in men due to improper position of wrist during working on computers.
b. Cervical Radiculopathy: Pain in neck and shoulder region (which increases with neck movements), along with sharpshooting pain radiating from neck to hand occurs in cases of cervical radiculopathy. This is due to compression of cervical nerve root by disc prolapse, facet subluxation, muscle spasm, trauma,etc.
c. Lumbar Radiculopathy: Pain in lower back or glutei region with sharp shooting pain radiating from hip to leg/foot region, occurs in cases of Lumbar radiculopathy or Sciatica. This is due to compression of lumbar nerve root or sciatic nerve by disc prolapse, facet joint, trauma, hypertrophied ligamentum flavum, piriformis syndrome, etc.
d. Meralgia paresthetica: Tingling or burning sensation in front of thigh, occurs due to compression of lateral cutaneous nerve of thigh, near waist region. Usual causes are tight or constrictive clothing at waist region, prolonged sitting, protuberant abdomen,etc.
Prevention of Neuropathy:
a. AVOID Alcohol consumption and cigarette smoking.
b. Maintain ideal body weight / BMI (Body mass index)
c. Life-style changes: Daily exercises (>30 minutes per day) or brisk walking or swimming; Avoid prolonged sitting or standing (>30 minutes).
d. Food/Diet should have following components:
- Green vegetables e.g. spinach, fenugreek leaves (methi), radish,etc.
- Coloured vegetables e.g. Tomato, carrot, Capsicum (green/red), ladies-finger (bhindi).
- Milk products e.g.Milk, buttermilk, curd, cheese (paneer)
- Protein-rich foods e.g. Fish, egg, chicken, pulses(daal)
- Fiber-rich foods e.g. Bran, oats, Brown-rice.
- Fruits e.g. Apple, orange, guava, papaya, pomegranate, Berries.
e. Blood sugar control (in diabetics)
f. Care of feet:
- Regular inspection of feet (with mirror).
- Comfortable,well-fitted shoes.
- Regularconsultation with podiatrist.
- Treatmentof wounds, foot deformities
g. Adequate sleep
h. Warm water bath (increases blood flow to affected area)
- Consult Pain medicine specialist.
- Neuropathic pain killers e.g. Amitriptyllline, Pregabalin, Gabapentin, capsaicin,Duloxetine, etc.
- Vit.B12 supplements, Anti-oxidants, multi-vitamins.
All babies cry sometimes. It's perfectly normal. Most small babies cry for between one hour and three hours each day.
Your baby can't do anything for herself and relies on you to provide her with the food, warmth and comfort that she needs. Crying is your baby's way of communicating any or all of those needs and ensuring a response from you.
It's sometimes hard to work out what your baby is telling you. But in time you will learn to recognize what your baby needs. And as your baby grows she'll learn other ways of communicating with you. She'll get better at eye contact, making noises and smiling, all of which reduce her need to cry for attention.
In the meantime, if your baby is difficult to soothe, she may be trying to say:
Hunger is one of the most common reasons that your newborn baby will cry. The younger your baby is, the more likely it is that she's hungry.
Your baby's small stomach can't hold very much, so if she cries, try offering her some milk. She may be hungry, even if her last feed doesn't seem very long ago. It's likely that you will be feeding often and regularly in the first day or so to help your breastmilk to come in anyway. If you are formula feeding your baby she may not be hungry if she has been fed within the last two hours.
I need my nappy changed
Your baby may protest if her clothes are too tight or if a wet or soiled nappy is bothering her. Or she may not mind if her nappy is full and may actually enjoy the warm and comfortable feeling. But if your baby's tender skin is being irritated, she will most likely cry.
I'm too cold or too hot
Your baby may hate having her nappy changed or being bathed. She may not be used to the feeling of cold air on her skin and would rather be bundled up and warm. But you will soon learn how to perform a quick nappy change if this is the case.
Take care not to overdress your baby, or she may become too hot. She will generally need to wear one more layer of clothing than you to be comfortable.
Use sheets and cellular blankets as beddings in your baby's cot or moses basket. You can check whether your baby is too hot or too cold by feeling her tummy. If her tummy feels too hot, remove a blanket, and if it feels cold, add one.
Don't be guided by your baby's hands or feet, as they usually feel cool. Keep your baby's room at a temperature of between 22 and 25 degrees c depending on the weather.
If your baby is co-sleeping with you, contact with your body will elevate her skin temperature so she's likely to be warm. Is she is using a cot, place her down to sleep on her back with her feet at the end of the cot. That way she can't wriggle too far down under the blankets and become too hot.
I need to be held
Your baby will need lots of cuddling, physical contact and reassurance to comfort her. So it may be that she just wants to be held. Try a baby sling to keep her close to you, perhaps swaying and singing to her while you hold her.
You may be worried about spoiling your baby if you hold her too much. But during the first few months of her life that's not possible. Small babies need lots of physical comfort. If you hold your baby close she may be soothed by hearing your heartbeat.
I'm tired and need a rest
Often, babies find it hard to get to sleep, particularly if they are over-tired. You will soon become aware of your baby's sleep cues. Whining and crying at the slightest thing, staring blankly into space, and going quiet and still are just three examples.
If your baby has received a lot of attention and cuddles from doting visitors, she may become over-stimulated. Then, when it comes to sleeping, she'll find it hard to switch off and settle. Take your baby somewhere calm and quiet to help her to settle down. Read more on establishing good sleeping habits.
I need something to make me feel better
Be aware of changes in your baby. If she's unwell, she'll probably cry in a different tone to her usual cry. It may be weaker, more urgent, continuous, or high-pitched. And if your baby usually cries a lot but has become unusually quiet, it may be a sign that she's not well.
Nobody knows your baby as well as you do. If you feel that there may be something wrong with her, speak to your doctor and discuss your concerns. Call the doctor if your baby has difficulty breathing through the crying, or if the crying is accompanied by a fever, diarrohea, or constipation.
I need something. But I don't know what
Sometimes you might not be able to figure out what's wrong when your baby cries. Many newborns go through patches of fretfulness and are not easily comforted. The unhappiness can range from a few minutes of hard-to-console crying to several hours at a stretch, an almost constant state of crying that is sometimes called colic. Colic is defined as inconsolable crying for at least three hours a day, for at least three days a week.
Many parents find it very difficult to cope with a baby who has colic, and it can put a strain on the whole family. There is no magic cure for colic, but it rarely lasts for more than three months.
1. Heart health and sexual performance
Your penis works on blood pressure. The brain sends signals to your penis that causes vessels to swell with blood. Your heart is responsible for pumping the blood. If your heart isn’t at its healthiest, it can cause problems with blood flow from the heart to the vessels in your penis. This can make it difficult to achieve a full erection. Make sure your circulatory system is working at top shape.
Basically, what’s good for your heart is good for your sexual health.
2. Certain foods can also help you increase blood flow. These foods include:
Onions and garlic: these foods may not be great for your breath, but they can help your blood circulation.
Bananas: this potassium-rich fruit can help lower your blood pressure, which can benefit your important sexual parts and boost sexual performance.
Chilies and peppers: all-natural spicy foods help your blood flow by reducing hypertension and inflammation.
Omega-3 acids: this type of fat increases blood flow. You can find it in salmon, tuna, avocados, and olive oil.
Vitamin b-1: this vitamin helps signals in your nervous system move quicker, including signals from your brain to your penis. It’s found in pork, peanuts, and kidney beans.
Eggs: high in other b vitamins, eggs help balance hormone levels. This can decrease stress that often inhibits an erection.
Stress can wreak havoc on all areas of your health, including your libido. Stress increases your heart rate (in the bad way) and increases blood pressure. Both of these are damaging to sexual desire and performance. Psychological stress can also affect achieving an erection or reaching an orgasm. Exercise is a great way to reduce stress and improve your health. Talking to your partner about your stress can also calm you down, while strengthening your relationship.
Kick bad habits
What you rely on to unwind, such as smoking and consuming alcohol, could also affect sexual performance. While studies suggest that a little red wine can improve circulation, too much alcohol can have adverse effects.
Stimulants narrow blood vessels and have been linked to impotence. Cutting down or quitting smoking is one of the first steps to improve performance. Replacing bad habits with healthy ones, like exercise and eating well, can help boost sexual health.
Masturbation and longevity
If you’re not lasting as long as you’d like in bed, you might need some practice. While sex is the best way to practice for sex, masturbation can also help you improve your longevity.
However, how you masturbate could have detrimental effects. If you rush through it, you could inadvertently decrease the time you last with your partner. The secret is making it last, just like you want to when you’re not alone.
Pay attention to your partner
Sex isn’t a one-way street. Paying special attention to your partner’s desires not only makes sex pleasurable for them, but it can also help turn you on or slow you down. Talking about this beforehand can help ease any awkwardness if you need to slow down during a heated moment.
Alternating pace or focusing on your partner while you take a break can make for a more enjoyable experience for both of you.
Hi my age 22. I have pcod and thyroid. I am under medication of mi-ova plus. And 75 mcg for thyroid. I doing regular yoga for 1: 30 hour and walking for 45 mins. I am 79 kg. Height 5.5. I am in my diet. Doctor suggested me to take high protein diet. So that I am taking sprouts in the morning and having lunch three roti with high protein curry like soya rajma pulses. And drinking 3 to 4 liters of water and dinner two roti. I want to conceive now so I have to reduce weight. Can this useful to reduce weight. Pls suggest me.
Doctor. I'm 24 age old man, me and my girlfriend mates tomorrow. After that we have a confusion about pregnancy. Her last periods is 25th. Is there is any possibility for pregnancy doctor.
Hi sir, I need help from you side. I am having a high bp (hypertension) from last 2002 year and I am presently taking medicines (stamelota beta and telma-h) one dose per day. I have a baby of 5 years and five years back at the time of pregnancy faces the problem of high uncontrolled bp and gave birth in 7 months pre-matured baby by operation weight 1kg. Need suggestion that can I plan or not for second baby bcoz some doctors said that you can go for that but its a risk plan. please give me better suggestion that should I plan or not and have to make any changes in medicine. Thank you. please suggest.
Lifestyle modification is actually helpful in managing mild cases of pcos without requiring further medical intervention. For example; some helpful strategies include:
Intake of low calorie diet can help in effective weight loss (that is needed to maintain normal androgen concentration in the body) it is observed that women who have high levels of luteinizing hormone (lh) in the first half of their menstrual cycle are at higher risk of having miscarriage.
According to a study the risk of miscarriage drops from 75% to 18% with 5 to 10% decrease in the total body weight and diet regulation.
While maintaining a balanced diet, limiting the spiky rise in blood sugar levels is the basic key. It is recommended that a female must limit her sugar intake in order to maintain her blood glucose concentrations within recommended limits. Dietary modification prevent rapid spikes in insulin release and resulting abnormal metabolism.
Healthcare providers advise moderate exercise and physical activities to maintain optimal insulin sensitivity.
Avoid touching your face or propping your cheek or chin on your hands. Not only can you spread bacteria, you can also irritate the already inflamed facial skin.
I have got symptoms of periods as my period date last month was 14 th Jan....Bt still periods have not started....as I have to go for travelling after one day so today I took the tablet regestrone to delay the periods. So I want to ask will it work now?? Is this safe to take the tablet after getting symptoms??
I am 24 year old lady. I got married a week before. I have fungal infection on vagina and in between thighs (yeast infection). I want to know during intercourse will it be transferred to my partner also, if I had sex in the morning and on the same day night but took the i pills only the next day morning, is there a chance for getting pregnant?
Hello, I want to ask about the menopause condition, what are the symptoms and what are the precautions?
I got married 18months ago. But still my wife didn't get pregnancy. Which is the right time to mate with her to make her pregnant. Pls give advice for better results.
I started doing exercise using orbitrack cycle at home. Can you please suggest how much time I have to do exercise and Cal I should burn in morning and evening according to my age and weight. I also feel headache after doing exercise.
2) avoiding pets which have excessive shedding cycle
3) avoid dust accumulation in the house as far as practical.
4) dusting vaccuming etc should be done with windows open and wearing a face mask.
5) cleaning air conditioner dust filters every two weeks with soap and water (just servicing every 3/6 months is inadequate to deal with the dust build up.
6) change pillow covers and other bedding materials regularly. Give them for airing.
7) steam inhalation regularly (for adults and older children) even during asymptomatic period.
Modern hectic schedule at home as well as workplace has led to the popularity of strategic snacking. Nutrition and Snacking habits have a direct relation on energy level, mental sharpness and motivation. One must identify the right snacks that will not only fill one up without triggering the craving for more snacks.
A snack is considered to be healthy if it is packed with nutrients and its calorie level lie between 100 and 150 calories. Strategic snacking is a great way to keep a check on one's appetite maintaining the energy levels keeping the body balanced.
The following ten snacks are a powerhouse of nutrients which will keep one full and satisfied:
- In order to have a 100 calorie nut pack, make packs of 15 to 20 Almonds, Walnuts or Pistachios. The nuts are rich in protein, fibre and cholesterol-lowering unsaturated fats, which makes one feel full and have powerful antioxidants, like vitamin E.
- One can try out one medium-size raw sliced red pepper or, twelve pods of sugar snap peas or baby carrots with a snack-size 2 ounce container of hummus.
- A cup of high Protein Yogurt, blueberries, cherries, raspberries or strawberries will give 50 calories coupled with 100 calories worth 6 ounces of nonfat yogurt.
- Bars comprise of protein, fibre and healthy fats and a single bar can give 150 calories per bar. They contain nuts and dried fruit, which help minimize the calories keeping the belly full for a longer period.
- Apples and Peanut Butter are high in fibre and peanut butter is high in protein and unsaturated fat and spoonful of peanut butter can stabilize blood sugar and quell hunger.
- Light Cheese is packed with protein, which our body digests slowly so it helps one to stay full for hours. Most cheeses pack a lot of fat and calories, so only light cheese recommended as it provides 150 calories and 18 grams of protein.
- Avocados are full of Omega 3 fats and antioxidants and having an avocado with a sprinkle of olive oil and sea salt will last for the whole afternoon.
- Multigrain Corn Tortilla Chips are made with stone ground corn, flaxseed, quinoa, brown rice and chia seeds which are digested very slowly helping belly to stay full for a longer duration.
- The serving of five to ten Olives are a good source of the antioxidant vitamin E, which reduce risk for cardiovascular disease.
- It is extremely important these snacks proportioned so that one does not have to count or measure them while at work. These will keep one's belly full reducing the hunger urges and moreover these are healthy.