Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Hema Kapoor
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Hema KapoorYour feedback matters!
My girl friend mc not come. After intercouse. Her previous mc date is 10 april. And we had intercouse 19 april. And today is 11 may. What can I do. Please help me.
My wife is in fertile we are trying from last many months pls tell me the best position for intercourse so that se gets pregnant.
For unmarried girl of 25 age ,Periods lasting for how many days are considered as normal? Period lasting for two days are normal? Two days periods will cause any problem in married life in future? She is going to get married in February 2018. Will there be any difficulty in conceiving?
Cortisone shots are injections that help relieve pain and inflammation. They are injected directly into the joints such as the ankle, wrist, knee, hip, shoulder, elbow or spine. These injections are a combination of corticosteroids and local anaesthetics. These corticosteroids are similar to the hormones produced by the adrenal gland. Cortisone injections are often used to treat arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, trigger finger, shoulder bursitis and plantar fasciitis. Though they do not cure the disease but they provide temporary relief.
These injections may be slightly painful but provide relief in a day or two that lasts for a few weeks or months at a stretch. Hence, cortisone shots provide relief faster and have longer lasting results than other forms of anti-inflammatory medication. Another benefit of cortisone injections as compared to other drugs that need to be taken in through the mouth is that it avoids side effects of anti-inflammatory medication such as an upset stomach etc. Cortisone injections can also be used to treat backaches and pain that radiates from the spine to an arm or leg.
However, cortisone injections are associated with a number of risks. These include:
- Infection in the joints
- Nerve damage
- Thinning of tissue and skin around the injection site
- Pain and inflammation in the joint
- Weakening or rupturing of tendons
- Osteoporosis or thinning of bones
- Lightening of skin around the injection site
- Osteonecrosis or death of bones in the injected area
- Blood sugar spikes – this is seen mostly in diabetic patients
- Weakening of the immune system if the person has an underlying infection
In most cases, these side effects are short-lived. Higher dosages and frequent administration can increase the body’s exposure to the corticosteroid. This increases the risk of long-term side effects such as:
- Easy bruising
- Weight gain
- Cataract formation
- Puffiness of the face
- High blood pressure
Cortisone may also be held responsible for the deterioration of cartilage inside a joint. For this reason, doctors do not advise cortisone injections to be had more than 3-4 times a year. The minimum interval between two cortisone injections must be 6 weeks. Doctors also typically limit the number of injections given in one joint.
When used judiciously, cortisone injections can greatly improve the quality of a patient’s life. Hence it is very important to get treated only by a qualified doctor and to completely understand the pros and cons of using this form of treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am suffering with Vaginal infection from the last 2 yrs. I have taken Ayurvedic, alopathic as well as homeopathy treatment. But none has worked for me. Let me know what to do?
I am a 45 years old lady unmarried, for three years I am facing heavy bleeding during menstruation with severe pain in my abdomen when consulted to the lady doctor she said this is adenomyosis and the only solution is operation, how can get relief without operation?
I had unprotected sex on 16 March and took i-pill next day in the evening (after 25 hours. I had last periods on 6 March and this month it occurred on 4th April night. But the flow/amount was very very light and pain was normal as it always is. I took one pregnancy test on 5th morning and it was negative. Also the flow did not increase throughout 2 days and stopped on 7th night. I took another pregnancy test on 9th morning and it was also negative. So I want to know whether there are any chances of pregnancy and also the cause of light flow of blood and also whether it will be normal the next time. Thank you.
Describe briefly about how we get healthy baby in one's married life without failure in their first attempt?
I'm 20. I had anal sex with my bf. Is there any chance I would get pregnant? I just ended my periods yesterday and this happen today. Is there any way of sperm going to vagina. Though I washed it immediately .f there's chance pls suggest which washed it immediately .f there's chance pls suggest which pill I should happened today. Is there any way of sperm going to vagina. Though I washed it immediately .f there's chance pls suggest which pill I should use till 72 hours !(pls help I would gt pregnant? I just ended my periods yesterday and this happen today. Is there any way of sperm going to vagina. Though I washed it immediately .f there's chnc pls suggest which pill I should use till 72 hours !(pls help me.
Hello Sir, My wife is having lots of pain during her menses. please suggest any medicine which helps to reduce her menses pain and medicine will not effect her menses because some medicine stops her menses too.
I am 29 years old. Married since 7 years and trying to conceive, I am overweight for long time and unable to reduce much. Let me know if I've or iui is successful for obese.
She is pregnant and today is her last day for delivery but still she not get pain to give a birth to baby.
Prevention of Recurrent Calcium Stones:
● Prevention of recurrent calcium stones (which are usually composed primarily of calcium oxalate) is aimed at decreasing the concentrations of the lithogenic factors (calcium and oxalate) and at increasing the concentrations of inhibitors of stone formation, such as citrate. Achieving these goals may require both dietary modification and the administration of appropriate medications. Metabolic evaluation at baseline and during follow-up will help guide the choice of the optimal preventive regimen.
● A variety of dietary modifications and drug therapies can reduce the likelihood of recurrence of calcium oxalate stones. From the viewpoint of diet, increasing the intake of fluid, dietary calcium, potassium and phytate and decreasing the intake of oxalate, animal protein, sucrose, fructose, sodium, supplemental calcium, and supplemental vitamin c may be beneficial.
● Among those with calcium oxalate stones, drug therapy is indicated if there is continued stone formation or if there is insufficient improvement in the urine chemistries despite attempted dietary modification over a three- to six-month period. The aim of therapy is to prevent further calcium oxalate precipitation. Since dissolution of already existing calcium stones does not occur, passage of an existing stone does not necessarily reflect a therapeutic failure in a patient known to have renal stones prior to the institution of therapy. Initial drug therapy varies with the metabolic abnormality that is present.
● The 24-hour urine is an essential component of the initial evaluation and guides recommendations for prevention. The response to dietary or drug therapy is monitored by repeat 24-hour urine collections. The goal of therapy is to reverse the abnormalities detected during the initial workup (eg, low urine volume, hypercalciuria, hypocitraturia, and hyperoxaluria). We routinely obtain a 24-hour urine collection at six to eight weeks after therapy has begun to assess the impact of the intervention. Another component of monitoring is periodic imaging. Limiting radiation exposure is important, as individuals with recurrent stones often have undergone multiple imaging procedures around the times of acute stone events.
Hlo sir mai safe time janna chahti hu jisse witbout safety sex krne se pregnant nahi hote or period se kitne phle sex krna safe hota h mujhe iski knowledge nahi h pls full detail me ans de.
Hello Sir, We feel that we somehow missed protection and my wife is feeling vomiting,period was supposed to be on 11th may but couldn't occur on 13th even. We both are not prepared for the baby for now. Please suggest best way which has no effect for later pregnancies. We are planning a gap of at least 1 year from now. Thanks
Five mintutes fitness
Today, due to the demanding professional lifestyle many working women choose to adopt dieting and various other weight loss remedies which tend to give temporary results and sometimes have an adverse effect on the mind and body.
A healthy mind and body is achieved by having right balance of proper food and regular workout. Basic alteration in the daily routine like reducing the intake of oil and fatty foods and sweets with five minutes of simple cardio exercises can bring a lot of difference and could lower the risk of health issues like breast cancer, heart problems, osteoporosis and other aliments in women.
With the increasing awareness of these and other health issues some women have managed to alter their lifestyle. But, many are still seeking a quick way to remain healthy for them; health experts have shared some quick five minute workout regimes especially for working women.
High knees: this basic and simple exercise can be done while on the move or while running in a place.
Method: step 1) stand with your feet hip-width apart.
Step 2) bring your right knee near your chest and quickly bring it back on the floor.
Step 3) now, bring your left knee near your chest and quickly bring it back on the floor.
Continue to do the alternative knees at a fast pace.
Jumping jacks: jumping jack is a full body workout. This aerobic exercise can help you get a toned body at the comfort of your home. Jumping jack improves the cardiovascular fitness of the body.
Method: step 1) stand with your feet together and hands at your sides.
Step 2) slowly, raise your arms above your head and jump to spread your feet out wide.
Step 3) reverse the movement to the start position by landing gently with your knees bent a little and repeat.
Elbow plank: planks are a cardio workout as it uses your own weight it tones the core muscles of the body by burning the calories and working your abs, arms, back muscles.
Method: step 1) get down and facing the floor resting on your forearms and knees.
Step2) slowly, push your knees and place your weight entirely on your toes and elbows. Contract the abdominal muscles and keep your back flat.
Step3) hold on to this position for atleast 30 seconds initially and increase the duration as you progress.
Lunges: lunges are excellent for people who want to shed those unwanted extra kilos and boost their metabolism level as well. This exercise also strengthens the cores of the lower body and helps in toning of the muscles.
Method: step 1) step forward with your right leg and slowly lower the body bending the front knee at 90 degrees.
Step 2) push yourself back to the start position and repeat the lunges with the leg.
It is important to make sure that your back must be straight and the back knee should never touch the floor while dong the lunges
Squats: it is an intensive and effective full body workout that can help in quick weight loss if done regularly. Squats help in toning and strengthen the thigh muscles. This cardio could integrate small jumps as that would burn more calories and reflect better results.
Method: step 1) stand tall with your back straight and your feet spread a width apart. Bend your knees and as you lower you upper body push your hips keeping your back erect.
Step 2) hold yourself in the same position for 15-20 seconds and then slowly push yourself back to the start position.
Increase the counts and speed as you repeat this exercise and time duration as you progress.
There are certain things to bear in mind before starting any intensive cardio exercises some of which are:
1) it is necessary to hydrate yourself with sufficient intake of water atleast an hour before starting any intensive workout as it would help in flushing out the toxins from the body and it also helps you to stay energized.
2) start with warm ups like; jogging in one place.
3) take short breaks after each exercise as it maintains the heart rate.
4) stretch your body as it helps in relaxing the body and makes it less prone to injury like muscle soreness.
Although, such intense cardio workout are good for weight loss and toning of the body. People dealing with overweight issues are advised to consult a doctor before starting any rigorous cardio exercises. Exercising is not just for those who want to lose weight. It must be adapted as a regular routine for an overall healthy living.