Myself is Dr. Harshita Sethi I am Ayurvedic practitioner and diet and lifestyle counsellor too. After finishing my MD in Kaya Chikitsa branch of ayurved in 2003, I started my own practice with the name of Avedna Ayurveda, after that I spent few years in UK and coming back in 2014 I started, I extended my practice into panchkarma centre and opened a panchkarma wellness clinic with the name of Avedna Ayurveda Wellness Panchkarma Centre. I have got two branches of it, one is in Gurgaon and one is in Noida.
And today I am going to talk about neurological disorders which is a Parkinson’s disease. Parkinson’s disease normally seen in elderly patients, so you know patient is usually 65 years of age but nowadays we are seeing early onset of Parkinson’s disease and what happens in Parkinson’s disease patient start with the symptom of uncontrolled movement of finger and thumb. Basically it's a degenerative disorder, so what happens in our brain there is a part of brain stem where the loss of function of specialised group of cells happens and it stops the production of neurotransmitters which is dopamine, it is chemical basically which is released by a nerves cell and it passes the signal to another nerve cell. So when there is a deficiency of this particular neurotransmitter then there are some motor changes starts happening in our body and patient you know they experience that some kind of tremors in their hands, arms and gradually it extends to leg also. It becomes very difficult for the patient to do daily task, you know like opening or closing of button of their shirt becomes very difficult and then gradually goes to the legs also and which hampers their gate and the patient also get very expressionless face and sometimes they give a very mask face kind of feeling to us and in some patients we see the loss of memory also happens with Parkinson’s disease. So what we do in Parkinson’s disease basically, in ayurveda also it is mentioned very beautifully with the name of kampavata or vepathu it is a kind of Vata disorder. When the Vata increases in our body our excessive predominance of Vata or any imbalance of Vata happens in our body then this kind of movements we see, uncontrolled moment we see in our body. So in this we treat Vata we do Vata chikitsa with oleation therapy with Abhyanga with particular oils like ashwagandha oil and bala oil and we gives certain herbs which can regenerate or even if they cannot regenerate they can prevent the detoration of further nerve cells. So the cells which we have the intact nerves cells, we can prevent them from further deteriorating. So and there are some herbs which show the activity of this natural they have got natural leveropinedat so we give these kind of herbs to those patients along with the complete treatment of lifestyle and daily regime according to Vata pacifying diet and Vata pacifying herbs we give it to them. If there is a predominance of other doshas like if there is a association of some other doshas like Pitta or Kapha than we treat them accordingly, so we give the herbs like guduchi, shankhpushpi, jatamansi then there is a one more drug of choice is atmagupta, which is very very effective in Parkinson's disease. So atmagupta is basically micuna pruriens but we give this in very control supervision of a Ayurvedic physician and there are some therapies also we do in Parkinson's disease to prevent it further going on for the deterioration there are some Abhyanga massages we do, vasti chikitsa to do, in which we give medicated enema to prevent the Vata from the sthan of its sanchreya where it is originating, So we relieve the constipation and we control the Vata from the place of its origination and then there are there is another way of preventing Parkinson's disease is continuously mantra chanting you know when we are repeating something or singing something or like in hindu culture we have a culture of chanting mantra’s according to the days, there are different mantra’s for the different days like for the Sunday there is a god son we chant different mantra’s for god sun, for Monday it's a day of lord Shiva so we chant different mantra’s for lord Shiva, like Tuesday is a day of hanuman so we chant hanuman chalisa which has got 40 verses in that. So we memorize it and chant it without looking at it, so what it does with it stimulates our brain cells and it prevent further deterioration of our brain cells. So I would advise all the people should start putting this into practice when they reach the age of 50 which is a innerway we can prevent Parkinson's disease and other therapies we do it at do at our Panchkarma Centre is Potli massage is Abhyanga, shirodhara and to prevent neurological muscular disorders we do Shasti shali pinda sweda also in which cook special kind of rice in the milk and applied all over your body. So it is useful in paralysis and muscular weakness kind of disease.
So here I end for today now, so you can contact me through Lybrate or you can contact me two of my Avedna Ayurveda Panchkarma Centre, one is in Noida and one is in Gurgaon. I hope you find this information useful, Thank you.read more
Myself is Dr. Harshita Sethi. I am ayurvedic physician, diet and lifestyle consultants.
Today I’m going to talk about common problem which is headache. We all experienced headache in our lifetime. It is very prevalent in all over the world. I have practiced in UK for 8 years and their I have also seen so many patients complaining about a headache we can classify headache in two different categories one when it comes in a full fledge form like migraines headache, sinus headache, cluster headache or tension headache and second when it is associate with some other underline cause like fever hypertension other eye refracted problems sinusitis, high intake alcohol and really intracranial tumors so i have seen headache running in the families the people who have got more wata in there body who have got more water pre dominant body constitution they have tend to get less threshold so there nerves are little bit weaker so as soon as the get the trigger then there nerves start reacting or stimulating an this start getting headache this trigger can be change in routine, loud noise, change in temperature, change in heat or acidity, constipation etc. an there can be different kind of pain which they can experience burning, throbbing, pulsating and it could be pursing pain in Ayurveda also achariya‘s have mentioned different kind of headache and very beautiful they have describe this pain like a bhedak, sarak and lemon types of headaches are mention under shirorig by achariya-Shao sharod so one variety is Wataj which is more related to gastric upset when we have constipation we traied to make kore gas in our tummies then we tend have this wajach kind of shrerook secound is fitaaj when we have acidity then we have burning kind of headache then kafaaj shiroroo which is related To sinuses congestion or heaviness in head which happen to more accumulation of mucus then sunny pataj which is the mixture of All of them then there is raktaj variety, krimaj variety, shaiaj variety and ananat wata, arda bhedak, suriya wadh and shankath all these varieties Are beautifully described in ayourwedic tect like anantwarta could be a correlated with, or dhao bedahak could be correlated with migraines carity where we feel the headache pain in half side of our head either right or left. it is written that i comes in 10 days or 15 days an there is another one suriyawrata which could be co related to sinusitis as The sun goes up then the pain goes high as the sun comes down then pain start subsequently down so these are beautifully mentioned in ayurvedik text then there is another variety called shankhakh which happen in the terminal stages of cancer its usually difficult to treat but very beautifully mentioned in Ayurveda and different causes are mentioned in Ayurveda because once we know the cause then we can treat according to cause and we can cure the disease the causes could be long holding of natural urges then people are setting in the offices not going to the toilet at the rite time then they tend to develop to symptom when the people sleeping wrong posture when people take more cold drinks and food especially in night time then it could be one of cause we can say life style is not regulated there is no time to wake and sleep then we tend to get shiro roga headached now we comes to the chikitsa so we have to treat the cause once we know the cause weather its due to acidity constipation or stree full life then we treat according too cause we do various therapies we do various ayurvedik formulation in the form of Decoption, tablets or liquids or powders and i tell my patients to do a very simple thing on daily basis which they can do at home or here we can do it center in a form of nasiyum therapy we put two drops of antails badataila shunbindtaula in the Noses tail which can nourish the nerves which can strength the nerves an i tell people you take almond oil when u know the headache is going to happen u can put pressure on these marna points which can calm down your nerves and then nasiyum tharapy can be done 7, 8 times over here in any panchkana center an then this practice of anu taila intilation nostrils can be practice a daily bases at home so there various herbs which we use like jhata mansi, molethi, wacha, jotish mati various kinds of oils we use in our chikitsa.
So, it is beautifully mentioned in ayurveda text so we can cure this problem and we can avoid this problem so you contact me through Lybrate or I practice ayurveda at two of my centers one is in noida another one is in gurgaon. So I run my practice with the awaidna ayurveda.
Thank you very much.read more
Hello. I am Dr. Harshita Sethi, MD in Ayurveda. I had completed MD from Lucknow and try to practice with my daily life, to my family members in practicing Ayurveda since 2002. So today I am going to talk about a common problem which many girls are facing. Even the men are also facing this problem, i.e, Hair fall. This problem arises with some other problem and this is an additional symptom of having hair fall. Also you see very dull and thin hair. So I asked them what you're eating. Are you absorbing the food properly? Is your digestion is proper because there are so many causes of hairfall nowadays.
You are surrounded with the radiations, you are surrounded with the chemicals, too many pollutants so there can be any cause. It can be watered, it can be chemicals. Whatever you are eating the vegetables they are not very right kind nowadays. So we can blame on anything. But we have to find out the basic cause also. Oh that are we doing our part whatever we are having the food vegetable but I'll be consuming things properly. Are we absorbing them properly and is it assimilating in our body to give the proper minerals and nutrition which is required for the growth of hair and nails. So we have to think inside us, we have to go inside us and find out the cause. I'll be taking proper vegetable juices, proper soups, four fruits in a day. Like we say an apple a day keeps the doctor away. So are we taking a proper five-day food amount in a day to give us a proper nutrition because the deficiency of minerals and sometimes the causes are some autoimmune disorders which is you know not very common cause it is yes thirty percent cause can be due to that it could be thyroid problem.
But the main causes are nutritional deficiency which we can easily cure and we also do some therapies. So whenever the patient comes to me, I tell them the same diet required to be followed. This diet chart, lifestyle part you have to follow. Avoid the causes and follow this diet chart and take this medicine for short time and then we do some therapies also for the quick results in which we do Shirodhara therapy which is an excellent therapy to provide that nutrition to hairs and calm down your nerves and take out the stress because sometimes stress is also the cause.
You are not giving the time properly to yourself, when you're stressed out, not getting proper sleep so for that we do therapy for the quick results and I want to show you the therapy shirodhara how we do it. Let me take you to the therapy room. So this is the shirodhara therapy which I wanted to show you. Here the oil is flowing. This is a bhringraj oil which we use for the treatment of hair falls and it flows for 30 minutes on the aagya chakra and we massage and get some pressure point massage also to the patient to provide the nourishment to the whole scalp. It goes in the roots of the hair follicles and it calm down the nerves. Sometimes the hair fall is due to stress so we relieve the stress and calms down the nerves and person now the patient will have proper sleep and it also stimulates the hair growth and very nourishing to the hair and very calming therapy. This is called shirodhara and after that we do 15 minutes Head massage which goes deep into the root and then we cover the hair with the hot towel in order to penetrate the oil deeply into the scalp.
There is one more therapy in which we apply some here packs and we apply some Ayurveda scrumps and the shirodhara therapy we do it for seven sittings or sometimes we have to do for fifteen sittings also. Depends on the chronicity and the problem of the person and at this therapy as you see it the oil flows on this agya chakra and then it goes deep inside after some sitting than it stimulates the pituitary gland also, stimulates the hormone. What we do what we do we collect the oil and we keep repeating this oil to flow for 30 minutes on the Aagya chakra which goes into the whole head. This therapy is also very good for insomnia where the person have sleeping disorder. They take time for the sleep or big sleep breaks up. The pattern is not very irregular so this is also very good for such cases. For stress and anxiety, this therapy is really good . Applying some pressure on the pressure points which is called Marma point in Ayurveda. So this is shirodhara therapy which I wanted to show that we do it in a very calm surroundings and swing surroundings with mantra chanting and all so the person enjoys it and is very helpful in hair fall.
Thank you so much and if you want to contact me for this therapy or want to conserve me you can contact me on lybrate and I practice in Noida and gurgaon so you can contact me through lybrate.read more
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Harshita Sethi
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Harshita SethiYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
It was a bad case of hair loss. My previous experiences were not so good, but Dr Harshita Sethi Md Ayurveda has completely changed my opinion as she is very helpful and humble. So many doctors I consulted, but her treatment was the best. My boss referred me Dr Harshita Sethi Over the period of time the hair loss treatment has helped me a lot. Finally with her treatment, I am completely cured from the disease. She definitely is aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat serious cases.
I thought it was something very normal, but then I realised the issue of my dark circles is severe. I thought that post treatment it won't happen again, but then after sometime, the symptoms re appeared. then i consulted drHarshita Sethi and herguidance has helped me immensely and has helped me gain confidence. Everything was just spick and span in the Avedna Ayurveda Noida. She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating.
Even after my treatment with my old doctor, I never felt so much relief, but Dr Harshita Sethi Md Ayurveda has treated my completely. she really handled my hair fall case very nicely. The Avedna Ayurveda Noida was equipped with various facilities. I was having very bad thoughts regarding my hair fall. Harshita Sethi Md Ayurveda - is really like God send person. The hairfall treartment was very beneficial for me.
One of my cousin's referred to Harshita Sethi. I was quite impressed with Dr.Harshita Sethi's concept of holistic healing. Even in case of long queues, the staff was managing people in a very positive manner. The entire Avedna Ayurveda Noida is very nicely designed. It's been so long, I have lost all hope, but then I met her and I am hopeful again that I will be fine with her gain weight treatment.
Harshita Sethi Md Ayurveda - Internal Medicine has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes her reference. The atmosphere in the Avedna Ayurveda Noida is always so positive and full of life. I was given a hair growth treatment by Dr Harshita Sethi who sits in Md Ayurveda and I am satisfied with it.
It was satisfying to meet Dr. Harshita Sethi, as she very patiently gave us all the time required to diagnose and explain about the treatment. I really hope her consultation helps my son. The clinic was extremely well maintained. Many thanks.
I was suffering from High blood pressure . I vhose to consult an Ayutrvedic doctor, so I visited Dr Harshita's clinic which is in Noida. Her tretment benefitted me alot. I am glad that I chose her for my high blood pressure treatment.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Harshita Sethi to be knowledgeable. Thank you very much.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Harshita Sethi to be very helpful. Thankyou so much
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Harshita Sethi to be very helpful. Thank you mam
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Harshita Sethi to be very helpful. Tanq soo much
It was nice meeting her.... Starting dosage then will explain to doctor after 1 week
The female body undergoes several changes during the different phases of menopause. Although these changes are both mental and physical, these are mostly caused because of fluctuation in the levels of the two hormones- progesterone and estrogen.
Menopause sets in after 40 years of age, and marks the end of one’s menstrual cycle.
During menopause, the ovaries stop producing eggs (ova) due to low production of the hormones progesterone and estrogen. These hormonal changes often result in- mood swings, hot flashes, pounding heart, insomnia, changes in urinary and sexual functions etc.
Common Menopausal Disorders-
Menopausal disorders refer to the problems related to menopause. The most common ones are-
- Cardiovascular disease- hormonal changes, especially due to low estrogen level, can increase the cholesterol level and blood pressure, which eventually leads to heart ailments.
- Osteoporosis- low levels of estrogen hormone and irregular menstruation can lead to loss of bone mass or low bone density. This eventually results in the development of osteoporosis.
- Vulvovaginal atrophy- occurs when the vaginal wall becomes thin due to decrease in the level of estrogen.
- Dyspareunia- refers to severe, recurring pain within the pelvis or in the genital region during sexual intercourse.
- Urinary incontinence- during menopause, the vaginal tissues and the urethra begin losing their elasticity. This may result in sudden, frequent urges to urinate.
Ayurvedic Approach to Menopausal Disorders-
Ayurveda sees menopause as a natural effect of ageing process, and not as a disease. As per Ayurveda, good health rests on the perfect balance of the three doshas- kapha, pitta, and vata. Imbalance of any of these doshas can upset the natural state of your mind and disrupt your body’s harmony.
- Ayurveda links menopause and disorders related to it with ageing, which is dominated by the vata dosha. Treatment for this condition involves strengthening the overall reproductive system, and improving the hormonal balance.
- Ayurvedic medicines prepared from herbs, and various therapies using essential oils are prescribed to regulate your hormones, improve digestion and calm your state of mind.
- General tonics are recommended to boost the immune system, and rejuvenate your body.
- Herbs like Aswagandha, Guduchi, Punarnava and Black Cohosh are effective in treating Menopausal symptoms.
- Ayurvedic Therapies like Takradhara ( Cooling buttermilk Therapy) is effective in hot flushes, sudden sweating, insomnia, anexiety and mood swings.
Ayurveda also focuses on healthy diet and lifestyle changes such as- restraining from spicy foods, alcohol and caffeine, eating regular meals, practicing yoga and meditation etc.
I had jaundice few weeks ago. After taking treatment my Bilirubin level become normal. Now what care should I take so it will not increase?
Itching and cracks in my fingers from last 40 days. It is spreading to other fingers. I am using terbinafine 1% cream from a week. But no improvement. Can you suggest the solution for this.
It is a wrong notion that only overeating makes a person obese. Many people are overweight even after eating within limits or restricting the intake of unhealthy foods. A person is often considered obese when their BMI or Body Mass Index is 30 or more. For a person to be severely obese (Morbid obesity), the BMI should be 40 or higher. From backaches to heart ailments, obesity, of late, has become a serious threat, which if not controlled or treated can trigger a myriad of health problems.
Complications associated with obesity
In addition to the physical discomfort, obesity can trigger several complications some of which include
- Obesity increases the risk of Type-2 Diabetes (a condition where the cells of the body fail to utilize the insulin produced by the pancreas resulting in an elevated blood sugar level, also known as Insulin Resistance) by many folds.
- There is a direct relationship between obesity and heart problems including a stroke and heart attack (myocardial infarction).
- In some cases, obesity can give rise to a complication whereby the affected individual is found to suffer from three health conditions namely high blood pressure, high blood glucose, high levels of triglycerides with a dip in the level of the good cholesterol or HDL (a condition termed as a Metabolic syndrome).
- The incidences of psychological stress, anxiety, and depressions, sexual disorders (low libido, erectile dysfunction), menstrual problems, infertility, sleep apnea, cancer (pancreas, breast, kidney, uterus, esophagus, prostate, colon, gallbladder, ovary, liver), are also relatively higher in obese people.
Ayurvedic approach to treat obesity
With a holistic and comprehensive approach, Ayurveda plays a pivotal role in treating obesity and the associated health complications.
- According to Ayurveda, there are seven vital tissues or Dhatus in our body- Rasa Dhatu (the useful and nutritious part of the food being digested), Rakta Dhatu (blood), Mamsa Dhatu (muscle), Meda Dhatu (fat), Asthi Dhatu (bone), Majja Dhatu (bone marrow), Shukra Dhatu (reproductive system including the sperm and ovum)
- In obesity, the conversion of Meda Dhatu to Asthi Dhatu does not take place. There is also a disruption of the balance between the three doshas (vitiation of the Vata dosha with an elevation in the Kapha Dosha)
- Thus, the treatment aims at treating the diseased condition through the restoration of the balance between the doshas and eliminating the toxins from the body
- Kashaya Basti, part of Panchakarma therapy where an enema (medicated decoction) is used to carry out the detoxification can work wonders to restore the dosha balance
- The Vamana therapy is equally effective where the toxins are eliminated using an Ayurvedic emetic herb (induces vomiting)
- Further, the various body massages using herbal and medicated oils goes a long way in flushing out the toxins
- The diet also undergoes a modification. Fruits, vegetables, foods rich in good fats need to be consumed more while spicy and oily foods or those rich in bad fats (pastries, doughnuts, cookies, margarine, ice creams), are to be avoided
- Yoga and meditation are equally helpful
- One needs to have a sound sleep for at least 6-8 hours daily
Calm and healthy mind is essential to have healthy body. Meditation, chanting Mantras realeses positive vibrations and happy hormones to keep optimum body functions.
My hands and neck are quite dark than my face. I have used as everyone suggest like Graham flour and coconut oil. But nothing is permanent or long termed. So what should I do. Laser? Suggest me something cheaper if there is because I am a student. And I have some kind of budget problems. Please answer this.
Now I am running on regular basis every morning for 1.5 or 2 km and walk 1+km and I do cut my amount of food intake during night to 3 roti and I am drinking the neem water by boiling the Neem leaves twice in a week in empty stomach. Now please suggest me if I am going wrong somewhere in the whole process. And please let me know the benefits of neem I drink :Thank you docs.
I have open pores in my nose which looks awful. They also has puss whenever I press it. Not so much but very little. I'm a very hygienic person but all that stuff don't really help me. I need to get rid of my pores and make my nose clean and smooth. Please tell me what can I do about it? I just want to get rid of it. Thank you.
Hii I am vedant please tell me Clean of my face and most Imp My nose bec my many black spot my nose please tell me solution and medicine. please tell me clear and glow and clean face please solution and medicine?
Allergic Rhinitis is a very common condition and it is also known as hay fever. One in five people is usually affected by the same. It is an inflammation inside the nose that occurs when one breathes in something that he is allergic to such as dust, mould, pollen or animal dander. It also occurs if one eats a food that he is allergic to. The immune system of the body reacts to these allergens and attacks the particles inside the body. It results in allergic rhinitis symptoms such as watery nose and eyes and sneezing.
Allergic rhinitis is caused by an allergic reaction to allergens.
- Oversensitive Immune System: Whenever our immune system senses danger, it produces antibodies to fight them off. It is the same for allergens too, but allergic reactions do not occur after coming into contact with the allergen for the first time. It takes time, and hence, the immune system must also recognize it first and then produce the antibodies to fight it. Producing antibodies beforehand causes the cells to release a number of chemicals which results in sneezes, nose block and runny nose.
- Common Allergens: Tiny particles of allergens enter the body through the breathing process and cause rhinitis. Common allergens are-
- House dust mites: House dust mites are tiny insects. They are found on the bed, sofa, mattresses, pillow cover, etc. They feed on human skin flakes. They do not cause rhinitis directly; a chemical found in their excrement causes it. These mites can be found throughout the year, but their number increases during winter.
- Pollen and spores: Trees and grass produce tiny particles of pollen that cause rhinitis. Trees produce pollens from early to mid-spring. Grass between the end of spring and beginning of summer.
- Animals: Many people are allergic to animals. What causes rhinitis is not their fur but their urine and saliva. People are mostly affected by cats, dogs, horses, cattle, rabbits, guinea pigs, rodents and hamsters. An effective solution is to be around cats and dogs from an early age. This protects from the allergic reactions.
- Work related allergens: There happen to be a few allergens at the workplace, such as wood dust, flour dust, latex etc.
Symptoms are dependent on the severity of rhinitis
- Blocked and runny nose
- Sore throat
- Itchy nose, eye, mouth, throat and skin
- Red swollen watery eyes
- Dark circles
- Trouble smelling
- Pressure in nose and cheeks
Ayurvedic Allergic Rhinitis Treatment
Allergic Rhinitis from an Ayurvedic perspective is caused due to the ama (toxins) present in the body and due to low immunity. Accumulated ama aggravates the levels of Kapha (Water) in the body, giving rise to different symptoms of allergies.
Ayurveda believes in balancing the three doshas present in the human body, thus treating the disease on the whole. Treatment involves clearing the sinuses and expelling phlegm, alleviating the relevant dosha and detoxification. To permanently resolve this disorder, dietary and lifestyle adjustments may be necessary in addition to the strengthening of the immune system. Panchakarma is an effective means of treating Allergic Rhinitis.
Diet & Lifestyle Advice
- Have freshly-prepared, warm food.
- Avoid stale and junk food.
- Kapha-aggravating foods like dairy, wheat, sugar, potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, bananas, oranges and grapefruits should be avoided.
- Cover your nose in dusty or cold surroundings.
- Whenever you feel slight congestion, take a steam inhalation treatment.
- Avoid sleeping in the open and cover yourself properly before going to sleep.
Nasyam Therapy which is part of Panchkarma is very effective in cleaning of sinuses and improving immunity of nasal mucosal membrane.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!