Hello. I am Dr. Harshita Sethi, MD in Ayurveda. I had completed MD from Lucknow and try to practice with my daily life, to my family members in practicing Ayurveda since 2002. So today I am going to talk about a common problem which many girls are facing. Even the men are also facing this problem, i.e, Hair fall. This problem arises with some other problem and this is an additional symptom of having hair fall. Also you see very dull and thin hair. So I asked them what you're eating. Are you absorbing the food properly? Is your digestion is proper because there are so many causes of hairfall nowadays.
You are surrounded with the radiations, you are surrounded with the chemicals, too many pollutants so there can be any cause. It can be watered, it can be chemicals. Whatever you are eating the vegetables they are not very right kind nowadays. So we can blame on anything. But we have to find out the basic cause also. Oh that are we doing our part whatever we are having the food vegetable but I'll be consuming things properly. Are we absorbing them properly and is it assimilating in our body to give the proper minerals and nutrition which is required for the growth of hair and nails. So we have to think inside us, we have to go inside us and find out the cause. I'll be taking proper vegetable juices, proper soups, four fruits in a day. Like we say an apple a day keeps the doctor away. So are we taking a proper five-day food amount in a day to give us a proper nutrition because the deficiency of minerals and sometimes the causes are some autoimmune disorders which is you know not very common cause it is yes thirty percent cause can be due to that it could be thyroid problem.
But the main causes are nutritional deficiency which we can easily cure and we also do some therapies. So whenever the patient comes to me, I tell them the same diet required to be followed. This diet chart, lifestyle part you have to follow. Avoid the causes and follow this diet chart and take this medicine for short time and then we do some therapies also for the quick results in which we do Shirodhara therapy which is an excellent therapy to provide that nutrition to hairs and calm down your nerves and take out the stress because sometimes stress is also the cause.
You are not giving the time properly to yourself, when you're stressed out, not getting proper sleep so for that we do therapy for the quick results and I want to show you the therapy shirodhara how we do it. Let me take you to the therapy room. So this is the shirodhara therapy which I wanted to show you. Here the oil is flowing. This is a bhringraj oil which we use for the treatment of hair falls and it flows for 30 minutes on the aagya chakra and we massage and get some pressure point massage also to the patient to provide the nourishment to the whole scalp. It goes in the roots of the hair follicles and it calm down the nerves. Sometimes the hair fall is due to stress so we relieve the stress and calms down the nerves and person now the patient will have proper sleep and it also stimulates the hair growth and very nourishing to the hair and very calming therapy. This is called shirodhara and after that we do 15 minutes Head massage which goes deep into the root and then we cover the hair with the hot towel in order to penetrate the oil deeply into the scalp.
There is one more therapy in which we apply some here packs and we apply some Ayurveda scrumps and the shirodhara therapy we do it for seven sittings or sometimes we have to do for fifteen sittings also. Depends on the chronicity and the problem of the person and at this therapy as you see it the oil flows on this agya chakra and then it goes deep inside after some sitting than it stimulates the pituitary gland also, stimulates the hormone. What we do what we do we collect the oil and we keep repeating this oil to flow for 30 minutes on the Aagya chakra which goes into the whole head. This therapy is also very good for insomnia where the person have sleeping disorder. They take time for the sleep or big sleep breaks up. The pattern is not very irregular so this is also very good for such cases. For stress and anxiety, this therapy is really good . Applying some pressure on the pressure points which is called Marma point in Ayurveda. So this is shirodhara therapy which I wanted to show that we do it in a very calm surroundings and swing surroundings with mantra chanting and all so the person enjoys it and is very helpful in hair fall.
Thank you so much and if you want to contact me for this therapy or want to conserve me you can contact me on lybrate and I practice in Noida and gurgaon so you can contact me through lybrate.read more
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Harshita Sethi Md Ayurveda - Internal Medicine
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Harshita Sethi Md Ayurveda - Internal MedicineYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
It was a bad case of hair loss. My previous experiences were not so good, but Dr Harshita Sethi Md Ayurveda has completely changed my opinion as she is very helpful and humble. So many doctors I consulted, but her treatment was the best. My boss referred me Dr Harshita Sethi Over the period of time the hair loss treatment has helped me a lot. Finally with her treatment, I am completely cured from the disease. She definitely is aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat serious cases.
I thought it was something very normal, but then I realised the issue of my dark circles is severe. I thought that post treatment it won't happen again, but then after sometime, the symptoms re appeared. then i consulted drHarshita Sethi and herguidance has helped me immensely and has helped me gain confidence. Everything was just spick and span in the Avedna Ayurveda Noida. She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating.
Even after my treatment with my old doctor, I never felt so much relief, but Dr Harshita Sethi Md Ayurveda has treated my completely. she really handled my hair fall case very nicely. The Avedna Ayurveda Noida was equipped with various facilities. I was having very bad thoughts regarding my hair fall. Harshita Sethi Md Ayurveda - is really like God send person. The hairfall treartment was very beneficial for me.
One of my cousin's referred to Harshita Sethi. I was quite impressed with Dr.Harshita Sethi's concept of holistic healing. Even in case of long queues, the staff was managing people in a very positive manner. The entire Avedna Ayurveda Noida is very nicely designed. It's been so long, I have lost all hope, but then I met her and I am hopeful again that I will be fine with her gain weight treatment.
Harshita Sethi Md Ayurveda - Internal Medicine has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes her reference. The atmosphere in the Avedna Ayurveda Noida is always so positive and full of life. I was given a hair growth treatment by Dr Harshita Sethi who sits in Md Ayurveda and I am satisfied with it.
It was satisfying to meet Dr. Harshita Sethi, as she very patiently gave us all the time required to diagnose and explain about the treatment. I really hope her consultation helps my son. The clinic was extremely well maintained. Many thanks.
I was suffering from High blood pressure . I vhose to consult an Ayutrvedic doctor, so I visited Dr Harshita's clinic which is in Noida. Her tretment benefitted me alot. I am glad that I chose her for my high blood pressure treatment.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Harshita Sethi to be knowledgeable. Thank you very much.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Harshita Sethi to be very helpful. Thankyou so much
How to tackle difficult situation or difficult conversation with your family?
- Fill them with your kindness
- Instead of avoiding conflict, facing difficult relationships with loving kindness can often prevent conflict from ever taking place.
- Attempt to melt them down with your warm warmth.
- Remember healthy mind can keep healthy body and keep everyone healthy around.
Everyday Habits That Can Cause Headache
I have pain in left hand and numbness in two fingers I am attaching MRI report. How it can cure since 70 days ,I consult Neurologist, ortho,ayurved and I do panchkarm since 40 days pain reduce but numbness is same what should de done I have marriage on next month want to be active in my daily routine. I feel little weakness in my left hand, a and pain while doing some work.
Parkinsonism is often mistaken for Parkinson's Disease. Though similar in quite a few aspects, yet Parkinsonism is not the same as Parkinson's Disease. Parkinsonism is a medical condition whereby the affected individual exhibits some symptoms identical to those observed in the case of a Parkinson's disease.
Factors that lead to Parkinsonism
Parkinsonism can result from a host of factors and health condition such as
- Increased and repeated exposure to toxic gases and substances, namely organic solvents, cyanide, manganese, or carbon monoxide.
- People suffering from the repeated head injury (as in the case of boxing or wrestling).
- The medications used in the treatment of psychiatric problems (antipsychotic medicines) or those used in treating nausea (Prochlorperazine or even Metoclopramide). Some of the antipsychotic drugs have the potential to interfere (block) with the activity of the neurotransmitter Dopamine resulting in parkinsonism.
- The use of MPTP (1-Methyl-4-Phenyl-1,2,3,6-Tetrahydropyridine), especially the oxidized product MPP+ (1-methyl-4-Phenylpyridinium) can wreck havoc resulting in parkinsonism and the associated symptoms.
Some of the medical conditions that can contribute towards Parkinsonism include
- Viral Encephalitis (resulting in acute brain inflammation).
- Alzheimer's Disease (a progressive neurodegenerative disorder that triggers cognitive and behavioral problems often accompanied with dementia).
- Multiple system atrophy (a progressive neurodegenerative disorder resulting in dysfunctioning of the autonomic nervous system and the voluntary movements).
- Progressive supranuclear palsy or Steele-Richardson-Olszewski syndrome (a rare disorder of the brain that interferes with the balancing, walking, and the eye movements of the affected person.
- Stroke or a brain tumor.
- Lewy body dementia (a condition triggered by the unusual accumulation of alpha-synuclein protein in the brain with the person exhibiting symptoms associated with both Alzheimer's disease and Parkinson's disease).
- Wilson Disease (an autosomal recessive condition whereby copper starts accumulating in the vital organs including the liver and the brain).
In patients with parkinsonism,
- The muscles appear stiff. A person experiences a resting tremor (tremor that mainly affects one hand even when the muscles are relaxed), along with difficulty while walking or balancing their body. (These symptoms are also characteristic of a Parkinson's disease).
- Further, there may be early signs of dementia (loss of memory or forgetfulness). There may be Agnosia, Aphasia, or Apraxia
- Constipation, a dip in the blood pressure, difficulties in eating or swallowing of food.
- Hallucinations and loss of judgment (such as failing to locate the kitchen or bathroom at home).
- Unusual eye movements.
According to Ayurveda, Parkinsonism is a manifestation of the vitiation of the Vata Dosha (Wind energy) that takes place in the cranial nerves. Thus, corrective measures are followed to restore the balance between the Vata, Kapha, and Pitta Dosha.
- Panchakarma can bring about a visible improvement in patients with Parkinsonism. Oil massages using Ashwagandha and Bala can work wonders.
- Brahmi is another wonder herb used to treat Parkinsonism.
- Meditation, exercise (light to moderate), yoga can be helpful in the case of Parkinsonism.
- Try and make the diet as nutritious and healthy as possible.
- A Warm Ayurvedic Oil Application is very effective in relieving these kinds of aches and pain if done on regular basis.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Can you tell me where I can get this Almond milk? Is it a ready made packaged milk? Or we need to take cow's or buffalo milk with Almond? Please clarify.
My lips are very dry and very prone to chapping, I have a habit of picking my lips with fingers but even when I do not, they get happed. If I apply a lipstick it will almost instantly get chapped and start peeling off and even start bleeding. I use lip balms alost 10 -12 times a day and can not go without them anywhere. Please let me know why this happens, is it a deficiency of some sort?
Fibromyalgia is a medical condition that is known to affect the soft tissues and muscles of the body. As a result, there is a muscular pain and fatigue experienced throughout the body, often interfering with daily activities of the affected individual. Though the condition can affect both men and women, females are more prone to Fibromyalgia than their male counterparts.
The pain (can be acute or chronic) associated with fibromyalgia is often an outcome of a condition whereby the receptors in the brain that perceive the pain signal undergoes modification, becoming oversensitive to the pain stimuli.
The body has 18 tender points spread throughout the body. These tender points are highly sensitive and can be quite painful when pressed. Research suggests that individuals with fibromyalgia experience pain in at least 11 of these pressure points when pressed (often used in the diagnosis of fibromyalgia).
Causes of Fibromyalgia
While it may be difficult to decipher the exact trigger that results in Fibromyalgia, the condition may be an outcome of
- Physical or emotional trauma, stress, anxiety, and depression
- Genetic predisposition. The incidence of fibromyalgia is higher in individuals with a family history of the condition
- Indulging in too much of a sedentary lifestyle (lack of physical activities and exercise) can play a pivotal role in triggering fibromyalgia
- Certain health conditions and infections such as Arthritis can also give to fibromyalgia
While muscular and joint weakness and pain are synonymous to fibromyalgia, a person may also complain of
- Sleeping disorders
- There is a weakness, headache (often associated with a migraine), and fatigue (in spite of having a sound sleep and proper rest)
- A person may experience Fibro Fog (a condition resulting from fibromyalgia whereby a person finds it difficult to memorize or concentrate on anything)
- There may be morning stiffness along with numbness or a tingling sensation in the legs, hands, feet
- Some women with fibromyalgia may experience menstrual cramps which are often painful
- One may also suffer from IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome), Temporomandibular joint disorders
Treating Fibromyalgia with Ayurveda
According to Ayurveda, Fibromyalgia is an outcome of the vitiation of all the three doshas - Vata, Kapha, Pitta. This affects the digestion process (it weakens or slows down) with the buildup of toxins or Ama in the body. Thus, for an effective treatment, the balance between the three doshas should be restored along with the elimination of the toxins out of the body (detoxification).
- The treatment often involves a concoction of herbal and Ayurvedic oil massages and oil baths, lifestyle changes, dietary modifications, meditation and yogas or pranayamas
- Avoid non-vegetarian (can have lean meat though), spicy and greasy foods. Instead, supplement the diet with fresh fruits, vegetables, healthy or good fats (poly or monounsaturated fats), whole grains
- Drink at least 6-8 glasses of water daily
- Follow a healthy sleep routine. Mediation and Yoga will act as a catalyst, enhancing the overall treatment
- Drinking alcohol or smoking tobacco or drug abuse should be avoided
- A Warm Ayurvedic oil application with gentle pressure is very effective in this if done on regular basis
- Stay happy and stress-free
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Add a teaspoon of freshly grated root ginger to a cup of boiling water, steep for 10 minutes, and drink. It relaxes the muscles that line the walls of oesophagus and stomach. Its good to have it before going on long drives if you have tendency towards it or can be taken at time of experiencing the symptom.
Ayurvedic consultation is a complete assessment of ones physical, mental and emotional situation and make recommendation for improving or restoring one's to best possible health and wellbeing.
Each consultation entails
•A detailed health evaluation using ayurvedic assessment tools such as pulse and tongue analysis
•An individual analysis of your own unique doshic constitution
•Creation of a personally tailored programme includes
**Diet, nutrition and lifestyle suggestions
*Suggestions as to beneficial ayurvedic herbs and spices
*Simple tips for everyday life to assist in improving your health and wellbeing.
*Recommendations on healing ayurvedic treatments and therapies
* Suggestions on relaxation, meditation and yoga techniques.