Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurosurgeons from across India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Harsh YadavYour feedback matters!
My mother age 43 years old have" meningioma in right cerebellopontine angle cistern causing mild proximal obstructive hydrocephalus" is there any treatment except surgery.
I have leg pain neck pain and numbness on one side of neck. Urine urgency at times. Right wrist pain is also there this increases more when I am thinking about pain or working on computers.
I have migraine problem what should I do to escape for this pain pls ans me fast I am waiting for your answer.
Will sibelium 10 mg will end migraine after 3 months course and if not what to take? Please help me and answer as soon as possible.
I am suffering form spinal tb, detected on 17.01. 15, and doctor says now I have recover, but my leg and lower portion not working properly, still I m taking medicine like banadone 5 mg, rcinex, gabapin 300mg, reolison 5 mg, calcium tablet.
I am 22 years old. I have problem with severe headache may be it is migraine and getting a blood out from nose? What I should do now is there any medicine?
Do you have a permanent cure for Parkinson's disease ?What is the cost of treatment? Also please inform the duration and type of treatment.
I have some fainting sensation sometimes in a day. When I approached doctor he asked me to take MRI of brain after seeing the reports he said nerve got weak in left ear. I am using tablets for 14 months. Afterwards I stopped for 3 months as there is no fainting sensation but now from 10 days onwards I am feeling again fainting sensation. Please suggest what to do now?
Dear doctor, I am a patient of neuropathy and I feel burning sensation on the feet. I am not a sugar patient at all. Please prescribe medicine for me.
Are you looking for an ideal treatment and management for various kinds of headaches? Do you suffer from migraine headaches? You should opt for Ayurvedic treatment, which is considered to be very effective in dealing with headaches of various types.
Migraine is a form of headache that is known as Sooryavata according to Ayurvedic principles. Such headaches worsen during sunrise, peak during the afternoon and tend to reduce during evening. Migraine occurs because of an excessive stimulation of blood vessels in the brain. A person affected with migraine is likely to experience nausea and vomiting, along with a throbbing headache on one side of the head. Migraine headaches can be caused due to hormonal changes, allergy from certain food items or excess stress. Apart from regular exercises and a proper diet, the most effective Ayurvedic remedies for dealing with migraine headaches are as follows:
- Shirolepa or the applications of herbal pastes on the head is effective for pacifying pitta dosha. Camphor, jatasmansi, and sandalwood are also effective.
- Shiro Dhara, an Ayurvedic therapy, where a thin stream of liquid is poured over your scalp is helpful.
- Taila dhara is effective for migraine headaches as well, in which oils such as chandanadi taila and ksheerabala taila are used for treatment.
Cluster headaches refer to headaches on one side of the head. It is known as Suryavartham according to Ayurveda. These consist of a series of short, but painful headaches, stretched over weeks or months together. Such headaches occur because of disruptions in the nervous system. Usually, the pain starts early in the morning in the eyes. There are several Ayurvedic remedies for the management of cluster headaches. Some of them are as follows:
- Use an ointment or paste made of dried ginger and Kermpferia.
- Use a paste of Indian aloe vera ,asafoetida and coriander for pain relief.
- Grind cumin seeds and mix it with lemon juice. Keep the mixture on the painful area of your head for quick relief.
- Have coconut water.
Any form of headache, which tends to reoccur after some time instead of ending is referred to as recurrent headache. There are several Ayurvedic remedies for the effective management of recurrent headaches. They as are as follows:
- Boil one teaspoon of haritaki powder in water and drink it.
- Massage your neck gently using warm calamus root oil.
- Lie down with your nostrils parallel to the ceiling, and apply sesame oil in your nostrils. This is known as nasal therapy.
There are several other Ayurvedic remedies that are effective in dealing with all forms of headaches. You should consult an Ayurvedic practitioner for getting the most ideal remedy for your problem.
I have a problem with head ach and its symptoms are the pain is coming after my bath when I take head bath after bath head ach is coming and its paining very much what is the problem is there any chance to came migraine it's my doubt please help me abt this problem.
I get frequent headaches. Have had this problem since childhood. It feels like a migraine. It used to be that overnight sleep would fix it. But these days it last multiple days. What can be the causes and possible solutions.
I have severe headache and doctors told that its migraine. What medicines or treatment should I take up to cop with this?
I am 20 years old. I have a problem of migraine. Iam getting headache every morning mainly in winter what should I do sir? Can I get a solution for this problem.
My mom is totally bed ridden from November Actually she got Blood clot in head so Operation has been done After a month again a bed sore happened for that again Operation has been done So Now she is able to speak slowly She is not able to walk She is getting pain in bones knee Totally body pains why should be taken and physiotherapy is going on please help in me in this Treatment is taken from apollo.
Epilepsy is a neurological disease which is characterised by recurring epileptic seizures. These seizures can be brief or can persist for prolonged periods. Vigorous episodes which last long can result in physical injuries such as broken bones. Mention that 6th February is International epilepsy day.
Causes of Epilepsy
The cause of this condition isn’t very evident; however, most medical practitioners attribute epileptic seizures to brain injury, tumours, infections in the brain or birth defects. Some doctors believe that epilepsy is caused due to genetic mutations and is an outcome of abnormal activity of cells in the brain. Other causes for this condition can be alcohol or narcotics withdrawal and electrolyte problems.
- Repeated seizures
- Impaired memory
- Bouts of fainting
- Short spans of blackout
- Sudden bouts of blinking and chewing
- Inappropriate repetitive movements
Types of Seizures
A seizure, also known as fit, is usually a brief episode characterised by uncontrollable jerking movement and loss of awareness due to abnormal neuronal activity in your brain. A collective occurrence of these seizures causes epilepsy.
There are three types of seizures an epileptic person usually encounters.
- Idiopathic: This kind of seizure has no apparent cause
- Cryptogenic: The doctors believe that there is a cause for the seizure but cannot detect it
- Symptomatic: These seizures occur due to a reason.
- Medication: Medication is the most common treatment in case of epilepsy. Drugs taken on a regular basis can stop the seizure partially. But in very severe cases, they seem to have no effect at all.
- Surgery: For symptomatic seizures which are caused due to abnormal brain function, surgery can be a way to get rid of seizures. In some minor cases, nerve stimulation in the brain and special diets can be prescribed to control the epileptic seizures.
Five facts about epilepsy you need to know:
- Epilepsy is not psychosis or madness and can be treated easily
- Popular celebraties with epilepsy include Aristotle, Alfred Nobel, Alexander the great, Sir Isaacs Newton, Martin Luther and Julius Caesar etc.
- Woman with epilepsy can have a normal pregnancy
- Newer medicines for epilepsy are effective and very safe
- Surgery can cure epilepsy in some patients. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurologist.