Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Hardeep Kaur Saluja
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Hardeep Kaur SalujaYour feedback matters!
Infertility is a condition where a couple trying to conceive in a natural way is not able to do so even after one year of trying. It is also a matter of worry for patients who are over the age of 35 years and those who are not able to conceive naturally even after 12 months of trying constantly. So here are the causes, risks and treatment for this condition.
Causes: There are many causes of infertility. It may be down to a condition present in one or both partners. As per a medical study, 20% of the cases of infertility are due to males, while 40% to 50% cases are due to problems in the female partner. 30% of the cases suffer from infertility due to problems in both males and females. Ovulation and fertilisation are the main elements of the conception process, and any condition in the female or male can upset either function which can make it difficult to conceive. While abnormal sperm production and transport may be a common condition that leads to infertility in males, other factors like side effects of cancer treatments and too much exposure to toxins and chemicals can also play an important role in this regard. For females, the causes of infertility may range from ovulation disorders, uterine and fibroid tumours, uterine and cervical anomalies, damage to or blockage of the fallopian tubes, endometriosis, primary ovarian insufficiency and pelvic adhesions. Also, factors like thyroid, cancer and medication leading to temporary infertility may be at play.
Risk: There are a number of factors that put a male or a female at risk of infertility. Being in your mid 30s usually has an adverse effect on the ovulation and production of well functioning sperm. Further, smoking and tobacco are among the main causes of infertility in either partner. Excessive alcohol consumption may also lead to this problem. Being overweight or underweight can also make a person infertile. Further, not getting enough exercise and routine activities out of your day, can lead to this condition as well.
Treatment: Male patients can go through treatment for any existing infections, hormonal injections and medication, surgical options like vasectomy reversal, and ART or assistive reproductive technology. Female patients can turn to medication that will stimulate ovulation, Intrauterine Insemination, and surgical processes to correct a uterine septum and remove endometrial polyps, or even a hysteroscopy surgery.
If these methods fail, the patient or the couple can always turn to methods like In Vitro Fertilisation. For other mild reasons, lifestyle changes along with a stress free environment can help in increasing the chances of conception. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I want to make pregnant my wife. What are the most probable time of the month to conceive. What are the symptoms of evaluation. How can I know that evaluation is going on well?
I hv periods frm 15 days .nd pain in my stomach and I am feeling weak. I dnt noe what is happening .first there was itching on my private part bt nw itz nt der. Bt what is this I am really worried.
Nutrition for you will never be as important to you as it is during pregnancy, because while eating you have to think not only about you, but also the development of your unborn child. However, merely eating is not enough you have to eat right. Here is your guide of what to eat and what to avoid, during pregnancy, so that your child gets the best nutrition.
Things to eat:
- Whole grains: Whole grains, which can be found in food items like cereals, whole-wheat breads and pastas, are rich in folic acid, iron and fibers. Make sure you incorporate ample amount of whole grains in your diet to remain healthy during pregnancy.
- Beans: Beans are extremely nutritious for pregnant women, as they contain protein, fiber, iron, folate, zinc and calcium, which are much needed for the development of a healthy baby.
- Fish: Incorporate enough fish in your diet because they contain healthy omega-3 fatty acids. Salmon, for example, is exceptionally good for health since it contains less mercury than other fish.
- Eggs: Eggs are rich in protein, and is also a good source of other nutrients like amino acids, vitamins and minerals, including choline which is crucial for the baby's brain development.
- Berries: Berries contain vitamin C, calcium, folate and fiber, which is important to your diet, besides being a delicious addition to your meal.
- Low fat yogurt: Sweetened yogurt is extremely bad for your health, but a cup of plain, low fat yogurt contains copious amount of calcium and is also a good source of proteins.
Things to avoid:
- Soft cheese: Soft cheese, like feta, blue cheese, brie, etc. are made of unpasteurized milk, which contain listeria bacteria which might be fatal for you and your child. Hence, they are best to avoid.
- Undercooked or raw food: Raw meat may contain toxoplasma and other bacteria. Raw eggs in sauces like mayonnaise, uncooked dough, desserts like tiramisu and salad dressings are also harmful for you. Fish in sushis or self caught fish may also contain harmful bacteria and parasites or chemicals released from nearby factories. Do ensure that your meat and fish are thoroughly cooked while dining out as well.
- Unpasteurized juices: There is always a risk of juices, which are squeezed and unpasteurized, being contaminated with E-coli or salmonella, which can be very harmful for you.
- Pre-dressed poultry: Poultry that has been dressed and stuffed at the market often run the risk of being contaminated by the juices of slaughtered poultry, proving to be best breeding grounds for bacteria.
- Unwashed fruits and vegetables: Toxoplasma can breed on unwashed raw foods, which also cause harm to your health, mainly in the prenatal period.
- Alcohol, coffee and unpasteurized milk: These beverages have been deemed unsafe for pregnant ladies since they can cause severe health damages. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
7 week fetus heart beat present OK but When second ultrasound d One at 10 week 6 day heart beat absent and foetus age was 8 week 1 day. Patient has thyroid level 22 during conceiving. Patient have only spot of blood not continuous bleeding.
Hi I want to have baby now could you please let me know the dates of high coalition days. So that we can intercourse to have baby. My last period will b in 26th Nov 2016.
Almost all women with the ability to reproduce develop ovarian cysts at some point or the other but not all of them suffer from PCOS or have infertility issues. PCOS affects only around 10% of women of reproductive age. It is important to note the PCOS or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome does not cause cysts but leads to the development of follicles. This causes a hormonal imbalance. The results of this hormonal imbalance can be noted in many ways including infertility.
- Infertility can be described as the inability to conceive and reach full term despite having unprotected intercourse at the right time of a woman’s menstrual cycle for over a year. One of the main ways in which PCOS interferes with fertility is by disturbing the natural ovulation cycle. Normally, a woman ovulates once a month. At this time an egg is released by either one of the ovaries. As a result of PCOS, these eggs are not released. This is because the ovaries of a woman suffering from PCOS are much larger than normal and have a number of small antral follicles that do not allow the egg to mature. Without an egg, sperm cells have nothing to fertilize and hence a woman cannot conceive. PCOS also causes irregular menstrual cycles. This makes it difficult to determine the period of ovulation.
- PCOS can be managed with medication but there is no cure for this condition. Thankfully, infertility caused by PCOS can be treated and these women can have healthy pregnancies. For this, you will need to consult a fertility specialist. There are two forms of medication to treat infertility caused by PCOS. Birth control pills, with a combination of synthetic estrogen and progestin, can help regulate the menstrual cycle. In some cases, a doctor may prescribe progestin-only pills. These pills need to be taken daily for two weeks for up to 2 months. Medication may also be prescribed to stimulate ovulation. This medication may be the form of pills or injections.
- Lifestyle changes can also help improve your fertility. For example, being overweight or obese can aggravate hormonal imbalances. With a healthy diet and regular exercise, you should be able to reduce your weight. This, in turn, can make menstrual cycles more regular. In addition, you should quit smoking, meditate and reduce your exposure to stress and pollution. This makes your body healthier and increases your chances of conceiving a baby.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello Dr, Is accutane intake before pregnancy is safe? I read so many thing related to this that not take during pregnancy. But before pregnancy is ok? And if taken then what measure to protect pregnancy or make safe pregnancy?
There are various ways to tackle many of the allergic disturbances. First, the sources must be identified. This is a difficult one but not impossible task. Second, once the sources are discovered, they should be avoided. Third, and most important, general health and resistance should be built up to establish immunity to them.
There are two methods to detect disturbing foods. The first method is the trial-and-error elimination diet. This automatically eliminates many hazards and foods. Keep to organic, untreated, unprocessed foods as far as possible, and you will eliminate another set of hazards such as pesticides, various sprays, and other poisons.
After having eliminated as many disturbing factors as possible, a self-search should be carried out to ascertain any suspicious symptoms from foods. It is advisable to try an eliminatory diet, excluding suspected foods for two weeks until the cause is detected. Occasionally, by changing the brand or the type, you can a find a food substitute that does not upset you.
Another way to detect the cause of allergy is by Dr. Vishal Dev's 'pulse test'. The methods are as follows: check your pulse before a meal. Then limiting that meal to one food only, wait for half an hour after eating and take your pulse again. A slight increase is considered normal, even up to 16 extra beats. If your pulse does not rise above 84, you may be allergy-free. But if your pulse rises beyond that point, and remains high an hour after the meal, you found your food allergy.
The best way, however , to prevent or overcome allergies is to strengthen the overall physical resistance so as not to fall an easy prey to every allergen that comes along. To start with, the patient should fast on fresh fruit juices for four or five days. Repeated short juices fasts are likely to result in better tolerance to previous allergies. After the fruit juice fast, the patient can take a mono diet of vegetables or fruits such as carrots, grapes or apples, for one week. After that one more food added to the mono diet. A week later the third food added and so on. After four weeks, the protein food can be introduced one at a time. In case an allergic reaction to a newly introduce food is noticed, it should be discontinued and a new food tired . in this way all real allergens can be eventually eliminated from the diet.
The foods which should be excluded from the diet are tea, coffee, chocolate, cola drink, alcohol, sugar sweets and foods containing sugar, refined cereals, meats, fish chicken, tobacco, milk, cheese , butter, smoked, salted, pickled foods and foods containing any chemical additives, preservatives and flavoring. These food cause either toxic accumulation or over stimulation of adrenal glands or strain on pancreatic enzyme production or may disturb the blood sugar balance.
For preventive purposes, the entire C complex vitamins known as the bioflavonoid, are recommended. They gradually strengthen cell permeability to help immunize the body from various allergies, especially hay fever. Often the addition B5 or pantothenic acid brings great relief to allergy sufferers. Multiple allergies may result from poor adrenal gland functioning. In such cases, liberal amounts of pantothenic acids help cure them, although the recovery will take several weeks. An adequate intake of vitamin E is also beneficial as this vitamin possesses effective anti-allergic properties, as some studies have shown.
An exciting remedy for allergy has been discovered by Dr. Vishal Dev . He found that the use of five drops of castor oil in a little juice or water taken on any empty stomach in the morning is highly beneficial for allergies in the intestinal tract, skin, and nasal passages. Dr. Dev, who is an expert in Natural medicine, has reported numerous cases of allergic protection by this method.
For allergic conditions in which an element of stress is present, it is essential to employ such methods as relaxation, exercise, meditation and mind control. These methods will reduce or remove stress and thereby contribute towards the treatment of allergies. Yogic asanas like yogamudra, ardhmatsyendrasana, sarvangasana, shavasana and anuloma-viloma, pranayama are also beneficial.