Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Gurvinder BangaYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 23 years old, I am facing skin disease from past 1 year. 1. Itching sensation all over my body. When I get itching some parts of the body gets rashes marks, it hurts so much. When consulted doctor, she told me to take allegro 180 mg tablets, When I take that for 2 days itching is controlled. 2. I consulted Dr. He is one of the skin specialist. He suggested me to take Auto logus injection, so that it would build immunities in my body. It was in control for 1 week, but now again it has started. Please suggest me how to control this disease.
How to remove the dandruff from hair completely and how to care for further time that I will not suffer from from dandruff. I have acne too little bit that are cystic in nature. So please recommend caring according too that. Thank you.
My wife is 43 years aged, diabetic she is on medicine trivolib 2mg and vildagliptin 50/500mg but her hba1c is above 8.2, she complains of body pain, hair fall & stomach upset very often and most of the time her body seems to be hot, could we have some answer?
How to control a hair fall. Since my wife have thyroid problem and PCOD as well. Please suggest a suitable remedy where she can control hairfall.
Hii am 23 years old I suffer from acne or pimple prblm since when I was 18 years old I also take medication for it but it comes back and I get new pimples everyday on my face .i get black patches and pothole due to pimple so pls tell how to get rid of this prblm and get glow on face thanks.
Please suggest me some cream for chickenpox blisters marks remove .it would be very helpful to me if you tell me .
A common skin condition, which causes the discoloration of your skin in patches across the face, melasma is more of a social embarrassment and cause for distress rather than being a serious condition. Although it affects men as well, studies have shown that over 90 percent of patients are women. It is also known as the mask of pregnancy as many pregnant women develop this skin condition.
Causes of Melasma
Primary causes of melasma have been attributed to various hormonal changes within the body. Let's look at some of the factors that may cause this disorder:
- Pregnancy: This is often attributed as the leading cause of melasma, the primary cause has often been attributed to hormonal changes that a woman may experience due to pregnancy.
- Treatments that may change hormonal balance: Women on contraceptive pills or who have implants such as intrauterine devices may also develop this disorder. This is due to the balance of estrogen and progesterone being changed within the body.
- Sun exposure: Continued sun exposure may also lead to melasma. This is due to the activation of melanocytes within the body which start producing more melanin.
- Stress: Long periods of stress on the body can also trigger hormonal changes and cause melasma.
- Thyroid problems: If someone suffers from Hypothyroidism or low levels of the thyroid hormone, it can trigger other hormonal changes and also cause this skin disorder.
It has also been noticed that people with generally a darker skin tone tend to get melasma and it is less common in people with fairer skin.
Certain characteristics of Melasma
Melasma develops in certain patterns which can be easily diagnosed either as spots on the skin similar to freckles or brown patches of skin that grow bigger. Some of these patterns are:
- Malar pattern: This grows on the nose and cheeks
- Mandibular pattern: Starts growing around the jaw line
- Brachial melasma: This grows on the upper arms and shoulders
- Lateral cheek pattern: Grows on the cheek on both sides of the face
- Centrofacial pattern: Nose, upper lips, forehead and cheeks
Treatment of Melasma
Most women who develop melasma during pregnancy report that it goes away after childbirth. However certain forms of melasma may appear in non-pregnant women due to hormonal changes. Treating the underlying hormonal changes usually, resolves the problem. However certain other methods may be required to resolve the issues such as skin creams, chemical peels, dermabrasion and microdermabrasion. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.