Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gifty Mehta
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Gifty MehtaYour feedback matters!
My left chicks is swollen. Its pain a lot. Its looks like a new teeth is coming. My age is 25 years and I am a male.
I have slight throat pain over 6 month and my neck get dry in morning when I awake, also my saliva is bit yellowish in morning when I go cleaning my teeth. please give necessary remedies or medicine. I had habit of smoking shisha (huka).
Homeopathy is often associated only with chronic illnesses. Another myth associated with this form of treatment is that it takes ages for the effect of the medication to be visible. However, in the case of a toothache, Homeopathy can be very relevant and can quickly ease the pain. Homeopathic treatment for toothaches addresses the underlying cause of the problem. Some of the common triggers for a toothache are tooth decay, an abscess or gum problems.
Take a look at these common Homeopathic remedies for a toothache:
- Plantago: Plantago is an efficient remedy for toothaches that is accompanied by tooth sensitivity, increased salivation and swollen cheeks. Plantage can be taken in the form of pills or applied externally on the tooth that is paining.
- Silicea: Silicea is the ideal Homeopathic remedy to treat tooth abscesses and their accompanying toothaches. It addresses the collection of pus around the root of the tooth and hence controls the pain. Silicea is also useful against toothaches that are aggravated by cold water.
- Chamomilla: If the toothache is unbearable and affects not one, but an entire row of teeth, chamomilla is what you need. It is also beneficial for toothaches that are aggravated by the intake of warm drinks.
- Hekla Lava: A toothache that is associated with a swollen jaw can be treated with Hecla Lava. This Homeopathic remedy will relieve both the pain in the tooth and the swelling of the jaw.
- Calcarea fluorica: Homeopathic medicine can be used to treat not only a toothache, but also the decaying of a tooth. Calcarea fluorica is known to slow the decay of tooth enamel. It also prevents the flaking of enamel and is has a beneficial impact on people who have enamel deficiency.
- Staphysagria: Unhealthy gums and retracted gums are common causes for tooth decay. Staphisagria is a Homeopathic remedy that can treat the drawing of tooth roots in such cases and the pain associated with them. It also addresses the formation of excessive plaque.
- Arnica: Arnica addresses the toothache and bleeding that follows a tooth extraction and the filling of dental cavities. It is also very useful against the pain and swelling of the gums that accompanies wearing false teeth.
Homeopathic remedies for toothaches offer fast pain relief. Since, Homeopathic medication has negligible side effects, it can be safely administered to both children and adults. However, a tooth ache should never be ignored so do not replace a visit to the dentist with self medicated Homeopathy.
I am feeling pain in teeth. A new teeth is coming. Gradually pain is increasing. Wt to do can I remove the teeth. My age was 22.
Hi doctor I have some prblm that is smell from mouth with out eating any thing is there any problem r we have to clean the mouth for several tyms what would be the reason doctor can please suggest?
My mouth closed, i cant open it properly,the reason may be gutkha khaini.i have lot of those.so please suggest me something?
Hello friends, my name is Dr Aishna Sharma, today I am going to discuss about the topic that is very common and in general everyone suffers from it and that is, tooth sensitivity.
Tooth sensitivity is basically any kind of pain due to extremes (hot and cold) food or drinks or even with a blow of air. Now first of all going deep into this topic you musyt understand the tooth structure, that is a tooth it consists of three layers;
- The outermost layer enamel, that is considered to be the hardest substance on the eart, other than the diamond.
- Now, after enamel comes dentin. Dentin is considered to be the softer substance.
- It has tubules in it. Tubules that starts from the outer layer of the dentin and ends up to the pulp.
This dentin and inside dentin is the pulp. The pulp or the nerve tissue, this nerve tissue consist if sensations, and with whatever we eat whatever we have all the sensation is passed through the nerves and it reaches through the dentin and then it reaches to the enamel. Now whenever we have sensitivity it means that the tooth structure is lost because of many reasons. Now first and foremost reason is the loss of gum tissue. The loss of gum tissue can occur when we take some very acidic things like pepsi, coke or any aerated drink. So in that case our gum tissues are soft in nature, that gets lost. So when it gets lost the lower part of the tooth that is the root of the tooth, it gets exposed and it is sensitive in nature so obviously you will have sensitivity in that area. The sensitivity is not in the tooth structure it is in the root area. Now, other reason of sensitivity is decay. Decay is the most common.
When you will have decay?
First and foremost you will get to know about decay when your food will get lost when the food will get lost only in the outer surface of the tooth, that is the enamel, you won’t have any sensitivity you will just have the complain of getting the food lost, but when it reaches the dentin, you will definitely have sensitivity. The first sensitivity you are going to have is cold, after that hot and after that when it is very near to the nerves, you will have sensitivity to sweets. Now, this is how this process of decay stats from sensitivity and ends up in pain because when you reach the nerve, you will experience pain. Other reason of sensitivity is fracture, when the tooth gets fractured, so obviously in fractured case also the dentin is getting exposed and even at times the pulp or the nerve tissue gets exposed. So all the sensation, whatever you eat or drink gets passed on to the tooth directly to the inside of the tooth directly and you will have sensation of hot and cold, even to sweets.
Now, what is the treatment line for tooth sensitivity?
The first and foremost line and the most common treatment line people do at home is the desensitizing paste, nowadays there are so many advertisements coming on national television. So, desensitizing paste is something that you have to use regularly and slowly you will attain the result. But, ya if you don’t get results with the desensitizing paste, you have to come to the clinic. To the doctor’s place and you have to get the treated by the fluorited toothpaste that the doctor will recommend. Even after that if you are not getting relieved, then you haveto go for the filling that filling is medicated filling. Even at times if it is your bad luck that you don’t even get relief with the filling then you have to go for the root canal only after that the sensitive tooth will be relieved.
For further detail on this topic, you can call me and chat with me. There is live chat option also on librate.com and you can visit our clinic that is Rohini Dental Care and it is in sector 31 Gurgaon. Rest, you can get from the Lybrate.