Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Geetika
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. GeetikaYour feedback matters!
I feel weakness/tiredness most of the time for no reason, I am not doing anything physical or mental. What should I do.
Basically my family has two members, me & my mom. I know my mom is suffering some aged health problem. And I also know that's why she will get angry with me on that fight/quarrel moment for every time. I'm a medical student, and also i'm a handicap person. Right now the problem is when my mom get angry with me, she used very very bad slang, also she hurts me with my weakness issue. I can't tolerate that. I agreed that I'm a bad girl, all time I used with my cell phone, also with lot, my eating time also imbalanced or many more reason that's why she get angry with me and use to slang for me that time. --- But my question is that" Is that any mom use to slang when she saw her daughter's naughtiness" I'm getting bore with my Frustrated life. Please give me some solution to recover this type of problem. Please don't tell me that sit and talk with your mom with this issue! Because I did it already, but she's not even changed anymore. Please help me respected doctor.
I know that I am a good debater and today first I spoke in hindi. I got 2nd prize but still I am not at all satisfied as the girl who got 1st was not deserving for it. This was even the choice of audience taht I should win. But luck was with her. So from that point of time, I am feeling as if I am fit for nothing. I am suffering from headache and a lot of tension. What should I do?
I am so depressed. Feeling bad about my shape and colour. This preventing to explore me. L feel less confidence.
Doctors are our real saviors. From physical problems to mental issues, a doctor is needed to guide us all along. The medical professional can be quite challenging and demanding. Dealing with numerous patients and their problems every day is no joke. It can leave a person completely exhausted and burnt out. Doctors are also human beings. All these activities and daily struggle often take a toll, both on their physical and mental health. Unable to cope with the stress, many doctors (especially the young physicians) get into depression. They suffer from different mental issues (minor to serious).
Of late, there has been a mercurial rise in the number of doctors suffering from mental issues (stress, anxiety, depression, panic attacks, to name a few). As per a survey, women practitioners are at a slightly greater risk of facing mental issues than their male counterparts. To make matters worse, many doctors live in self-denial. They just refuse to accept the fact that there can be some problem (mental) with them. Many contemplate treatment as they fear this can jeopardize their career forever. They feel they will be socially and professionally isolated. But delaying the treatment or counseling will not help either. Like any other patients, they too need love, care, and most importantly, proper assistance.
- The first and the most important step is to accept the fact gracefully that there is some problem.
- Do not shy away from seeking an expert opinion or assistance. If the need arises, go for counseling. It is for your good.
- Your patients are your priority but do not ignore your health in the process. Take short breaks to avoid exhaustion and professional monotony. Go on a small vacation.
- In trying to achieve professional excellence, do not ignore your family. Spend at least an hour of quality time with your family every day. Spending time with your loved ones can be a great stress buster.
- Try and stay relaxed as much as you can. Meditation, music therapy, yoga, light exercise are important for the mind and the body to function normally.
- Take care of your diet. Try and include foods that will enhance your mood and lift your spirits.
- For doctors who are into drinking and smoking, it is advised to keep it within healthy limits.
- If there is anything that is bothering you, just let it out. Do not suppress your emotions.
- Try and follow a healthy sleep routine (though difficult for doctors). At least get 6 hours of sleep daily.
- Do not isolate yourself from other people. Mental issues are not a very big deal. Being a doctor, you should know this better. Most importantly, accept and love yourself.
Anxiety and mental issues can affect anyone, irrespective of their profession. The sooner you accept this, the faster you recover. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.