Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Gaurav GoelYour feedback matters!
Hello sir, i'm 34 year old male facing whole body tremors specially in hands and legs. I consulted with doctor and he prescribed me PACITANE (trihexyphenidyl HYDROCHLORIDE) 1 MORNING 1 NIGHT, OPTINEURON FORTE 1 MORNING 1 EVENING, FLUNIL 20 MG 1 NIGHT but after 1 month treatment I was facing problem with my memory, it is very difficult to recall things just happened, I forget things instantly, treatment is continue but memory is getting worst. Please suggest me treatment for my condition. Thanks.
What is the difference between headache and migraine? What is the main reason for it and how can we get well from it?
I am feeling tremor of whole body constantly from past 8-9 days. I wanted to know the medicines I am taking are okay or not?
Having problems with her unconscious while having work load or if she heard death new of any person or have seen accident for that time she is facing problem with unconscious (behosh) nd both upper nd lower tooth fully stick like can't be open mouth for some tym.
Dear sir I am suffering from slightly hand and legs shivering in normal condition and when I am in tensed or in fear it will be out of control I was suffering from asthma in childhood and jaundice Is there any medicines or exercise for reducing this problem.
I have problem of hand & head shaking (vibration) why this occurs? My father has this problem from there birth? Is this problem remain lifetime.
Mere hath per me bhot kampan Hoti h sote time or dard bhi hote h kabhi kabhi me under weigh bhi hu 36 kg .5.4 height. Sote time hi kampan Hoti h.Chok bhi jati hu tab ghabrahat Hoti h.
Hi sir/madam i'm 23 years old and i'm suffering from migrane headache. I have taken treatment but I didn't get any solution. So please guide me what are the steps I need to follow to get rid of this headache.
Hello Dr. Mere sir me drd rehta tha Dr. NE Kaha migrane h. CT scan Khuch nhi aaya. But Aajkl left side sir drd k saath saath. Aankh me b Kone me drd hota h. Jb karwat Leti hu Tb jyada. Jabda b drd krta h left side ka. Kya koi serious problem h? Suggest me Dr. Plzz.
Migraine is a type of headache which can occur in varied intensities; the pain resulting from a migraine is pulsating and throbbing. This sort of a headache is usually accompanied by extreme sensitivity to sounds and light as well as severe nausea. One feature that significantly differentiates between migraine and any other type of headache is that the headache resulting from migraines usually develops on any one side of the head.
Causes of Migraine
The exact cause behind migraine is yet to be fully understood. Migraines are thought to be a result of combination of genetic and environmental factors.In majority of cases, migraines tend to run in families . There are few well known trigger factors for migraine. These are – stress, exertion, gastric disturbances, eating heavy food stuff, taking alcoholic drinks, coffee intake, hormone changes in females.
Symptoms of Migraine
The most characteristic symptom of migraine is one sided headache mostly of violent, throbbing and pulsating in nature. The accompanying symptoms include nausea, vomiting, blurring of vision, flashes of light before eyes, double vision, light/sound sensitivity, confusion and weakness.
Homeopathy is not in the favour of using temporary treatments like popping a painkiller to alleviate the throbbing, pulsating and often intolerable pain caused from migraine. Homeopathy aims at going deep down into the root of the problem and entirely removes the tendency of any patient to be shot with migraine headaches every now and then. That is why homeopathic medications may take some time in showing results. They do not offer any temporary relief like most allopathic treatments do. On the other hand, homeopathic medicines offer a long term relief and can cure the migraine problem permanently.
Though homeopathic treatments vary from person to person, there are a few homeopathic medicines, which are very effective in relieving migraine headaches.
- Belladona for throbbing migraine attack: Belladonna is one of the most effective homeopathic medicines for treating migraine headache that is throbbing and violent in the temporal region of the head. If pain gets triggered without any prior prodromal symptoms and worsens by noise, touching and light, then Belladona is potent in removing the pain. This medicine is also good if you are unable to lie down because of pain and if your face turns red and hot when you are struck with excruciating pain. Have a few drops of Belladona and apply a mild pressure to feel better.
- Glonoine for migraine with congestive headache: When you are struck with congestive headache, a rush of blood reaches the head region causing redness in face and head area with intolerable throbbing pain. You may even feel shocks around the head which get aggravated when exposed to heat or sunlight. It becomes impossible to tolerate any kind of warmth, and you may feel a bit relieved when you uncover the head. If you are affected with congestive headache, then consuming Glonoine can be of immense help.
- Natrum Mur for migraine from grief and stress: This medicine is widely used for alleviating migraine caused from stress and grief. Natrum Mur is also effective in alleviating anaemic headaches, which mostly affect young women. It often leads to temporary sightlessness, and the pain feels as if thousands of small hammers are being throbbed within the brain. The pain tends to rise up after through the day, and the patient may feel better after sunset. If the pain gets triggered when the eye is strained, then Natrum Mur is the medication for you.
As you see, homeopathic treatments are great for reducing migraine attacks and your doctor will be able to guide you better on this matter. Homoeopathy treats each patient of Migraine by individualization and thus treats the root cause of migraine which could be Sun, stress, exertion etc. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Is warfarin safe for blood clothing in the upper side of right leg? I have this problem for a week. There is no more pain in this part but it is just like numb. Please suggest me a safe medicine name without doctor prescription in the homeopathy or ayurvedic or any other allopathy that do not have any side effects.
For insomnia I have tried coffee crude, passiflora and ignatia. Though they helped somewhat in sleeping, my stomach gets upset. I faced the same problem with allopathic sleep medications.
A neurological disease that occurs mostly on one side of the head, migraine is a severe headache that is characterised by a variety of symptoms, ranging from nausea and disturbed vision to sensitivity to light. Since the triggers of a migraine are many, it can be difficult to identify the exact cause of your pulsating headache.
Here are some of the common stimulants associated with migraine:
1. Fasting: Not taking proper meals, insufficient liquid intake and fasting can be a major trigger towards headaches and migraine. It could be associated to lowered blood glucose levels. Skipping meals or fasting must be completely avoided.
2. Sleep: Sleep can also be a trigger factor as well as a preventive factor for migraines. You can suffer from a migraine attack if you sleep too little or too much. Migraine caused by sleep problems usually arises when the brain’s serotonin (a compound that constricts blood vessels) production experiences a fluctuation, and there is a reduction of dopamine (a neurotransmitter that helps in the transmission of signals) levels. While the former neurotransmitter is necessary for regulating your sleep cycle, the latter is vital for helping you to focus. Several studies reveal that developing good sleep habits can bring about a reduction in the intensity as well as number of migraine attacks.
3. Stress: Another common migraine trigger is stress. Emotions like sadness, worry, shock and anxiety can cause migraine attacks as they bring about the release of migraine causing brain chemicals. At the same time, it is also commonly reported that a migraine may occur right after a stressful period, usually during the weekends, and is therefore called a weekend headache.
4. Food: Several studies show that migraines triggered by food occur in 10% of the world population. Many of the food items that cause a migraine attack contain a substance called tyramine or phenylethylamine. This substance can cause the nerve cells of your brain to release a chemical called norepinephrine. The increased quantity of the two (tyramine and norepinephrine) can lead to migraine attacks. These amino acids are present in aged cheese, chocolates, citrus fruits, nuts and soy foods.
5. Caffeine: Too much caffeine consumption can cause you to have a migraine attack. Ideally, you shouldn’t have more than 2 cups of caffeinated drinks (like coffee, tea and cola) a day to prevent yourself from experiencing migraine headaches.
6. Computer screens/ Sunlight: Sitting in front of your computer screen for a long time can trigger a migraine attack. It happens as muscle tension builds up around your head, neck and shoulder areas.To prevent the problem from occurring, you need to take regular breaks, use good lighting, and anti-glare screens.
7. Alcohol: Certain alcohols like red wine, beer, vermouth, and sherry contain substances such as tyramine, phenylethylamine, histamine, sulphites, and flavonoid phenols, all of which have been known to trigger migraine attacks. Red wine is considered to be the worst trigger, and you should avoid it if you suffer from migraine.
8. Exercise: Like sleep, even exercise has been reported to cause as well as prevent migraines. Exercising in a moderate and regular manner is known to prevent the onset of migraine.By doing so, you end up stimulating the release of the body’s natural painkillers, while improving your overall health. On the other hand, by exercising vigorously and without prior planning, your body’s demand for oxygen increases significantly, triggering an attack.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.