Lybrate.com has top trusted Anesthesiologists from across India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. G.V.Prem KumarYour feedback matters!
Hi my two legs are very very similarly pain in last 10 days Please solve this problem sir thank you sir.
He have rheumatoid arthritis. Doctor give him exemptia injection. But no improvement in his health condition. Pain occurs in all joints of body. He is taking folitrax tab once a week and exemptia injection once in 14 days. Suggest something to reduce pain.
I have pain in my carfs, and can see the veins coming out, Dr. said external varicose veins, but no treatment, and I have a lot of pain, please suggest something for pain.
I have pain in right middle finger since 2 years. But it comes once in a week for fifteen minits. Now I am facing overall body (bone) pain since 8months. I am 47years female.
I have heel pain few days .please recommend medicine for this. 2 6 years female. Pain in the heel of left leg.
Hello. I am 21 , male. After struggling from past one month from joints pain, did all possible blood tests, all were negative. No arthiritis. Now someone told me to have vitamin D and calcium test. Calcium was ok, but vitamin D was 8.16 ng/ml which is really low. Now pls suggest me what to do?
I have back pain due to fall on floor from the last 2 weeks. I used homeopathy medicine but can't feel any changes. What should I do?
My shoulder is paining from last 2 years due to carried heavy weight. What will I do? Is there any exercise.
Have you undergone cartilage damage recently and are seeking ideal treatment measures? Cartilage damage is a common form of injury that involves your knees. Other joints such as the ankles, elbows and hips may also be affected by cartilage damage. Cartilage, the tough and flexible tissues covering the surface of your joints, acts as a shock absorber, allowing the bones to slide over each other. Cartilage damage may occur because of injuries such as a gradual wear, sports injuries and osteoarthritis. While acute cartilage damage may heal on its own, severe damage may need treatment via surgical measures.
- Physiotherapy is effective when you experience difficulty in moving your affected joint.
- It is also an important part of recovery if you have to undergo surgical procedures for treating cartilage damage.
- A physiotherapist will teach you certain exercises that are effective for strengthening the muscles that surround and support your affected joint.
- This helps in reducing pain and pressure on the joint.
- Severe and serious cartilage damage does not heal effectively on its own, and a surgery may be required for treatment.
- Usually, surgery is performed by using Arthroscopy. This is a form of keyhole surgery in which certain instruments are inserted into your affected joint via incisions or small cuts.
- In some cases, larger incisions have to be made.
- Such surgeries are carried out after giving general anesthesia to the patient.
The most common surgeries that are undertaken in cases of cartilage damage include the following:
Lavage and debridement
- In this form of surgery, your joint is cleaned for the removal of any loose tissues.
- The damaged edges are trimmed to be made smooth. Sometimes, the damage may also be repaired during the same time.
- In this procedure, tiny holes are made on the bone beneath your damaged cartilage that releases the bone marrow in it.
- The marrow cells stimulate the production of new cartilage.
- In this procedure, small plugs of healthy cartilage from areas of a joint that are non-weight bearing are removed and used for replacing areas of the affected cartilage.
- This procedure involves the alteration of the alignment of your leg for reducing pressure on the damaged area.
- It is effective in improving pain.
- A wedge of bone may be removed or added from your thigh bone or shin bone.
- The bone gets fixed with a plate till it gets healed.
In some cases, a joint replacement surgery has to be carried out. In this procedure, the entire affected joint is removed and replaced with an artificial joint. Hip replacement and knee replacement are common examples of this kind of surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.