Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. FarhaYour feedback matters!
Light periods refer to menstrual periods that have very light flow and are characterized by a lesser number of days than usual. Although the menstrual cycles vary from a woman to another, the duration for a normal period is around every 28 days. Each period lasts for approximately four to seven days. The amount of blood loss in a normal period is around 20 ml to 80 ml. However, loss of blood below 20 ml can be considered as light periods.
The causes of light periods can vary for different woman. Some of them are:
- An imbalance in hormone levels in the body like PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease).
- Light periods are most common in women who are approaching menopause. This is because, at this time, women tend to produce less estrogen, a hormone responsible for regulating menstrual periods.
- Light periods can be common in girls who have just started to menstruate.
- Excessive bouts of exercise, a thyroid condition or an eating disorder can be also responsible for light periods in women.
- Women who use hormonal or oral contraceptives may also have a chance of experiencing light periods.
- An important cause of scanty menses is implantation bleeding. That means sometimes, despite being pregnant, little amount of bleeding can happen at the expected time of menses in the first three months of Pregnancy. So it's important to rule out pregnancy at the earliest.
Certain symptoms usually follow light periods. These symptoms vary according to the underlying causes of this condition.
Some of the common symptoms which accompany light periods are:
- Abdominal pain
- Frequent infections, namely yeast and other fungal infections
- Painful sexual intercourse
- Missed periods
In some cases, light periods might turn out to be a sign of a fatal condition that should be immediately administered to. An example of such would be an ectopic pregnancy, which can cause light or heavy bleeding. Although light periods are rarely due to serious diseases, neglect can lead to heightened complications and irreversible damage.
Some of the complications can are:
- Serious discomfort and pain
- Difficulty in conception or infertility
- Osteoporosis and osteopenia
Related Tip: All About Irregular Periods - Their Types and Causes
Hello, for my wife having no cells to geting pregnancy we tried fertility center but we have failed so what treatment we want to take her age was 32 only so pls guide us. Thanks
1. Know the friends or people who tend to wear you out, and deliberately limit the time you spend with them.
2. Be aware of how your thought patterns change throughout the day, and challenge these thought patterns when they’re harsh or negative.
3. Recognise that it is normal to struggle with your feelings, and feelings can be fickle – so don’t let them rule your life.
4. Set some personal goals that use your talents and your gifts. It’s good to stretch ourselves, and to be all that we can be.
5. Be gentle with yourself when you are anxious, tired and stressed. Be kind, and understanding – and give yourself a break.
6. Self-nurturing is crucial for a healthy self esteem. You need to treat yourself as you would treat a special friend.
7. Remember: we ALL fail. It’s just normal part of life. What matters is you’re learning and you’re changing over time.
I am female from deoria. I don't want to get pregnant for next 3 years what should I do? Pllzz help. I have sex with my husband only 2 days in a month.
I have not got my periods since 19th jan 2017, I have done home urine test which came negative. Can I still be pregnant? Just to update, we are trying to conceive. I feel dizzy and sleepy all the time.
I need an advice regarding use of condoms. How I should use a condom and how much useful it is. I am a male aged 27 yrs and married and I am having a kid also.
I am a 19 year old and my fiance is 18 we had unprotected sex and but I did not ejaculate inside her but im afraid if she will get pregnant.
Sir/mam I am a patient of hepatitis b and m newly married sir/ mam I use condom during sex but now I want a child so can you please suggest me how can I get child without infected my wife and child from hepatitis b virus.
On my first time sex my girlfriend got only a little drop of blood applied to her. I am confused weather she is virgin or not.
Sir. I have a doubt in my heart that I have a little big testicles. From last 2 to 3 year they are same they are not growing big. But I thing that I am sufferings from hydrocele problem. If it is hydrocele will it affect my life . Will it affect my partner in conceiving for pregnancy. And how. In that case my sperm count is good.
I'm 28years old. Married 1years 1 month back planning for a baby and have tried last two months last month had few symptoms n had pms severely and got my periods. This month we have tried before during n after ovulation. My last cycle first day was Mar 23 n this month expecting April 20 th this month I don gave any such pain but have white discharge for past two days while urination no odour or itching. N until now no pms. But feel very tired often. Is there a chance of getting pregnant what Will be the symptoms. I was anxious last month this month I don think about it much still since I'm routine on my cycle want to know whether I'll have any problem in getting conceive. But my body is perfectly fine with regular normal symptoms n hormone generation like others. So I feel that I'm healthy. Please advice.
Here are the Sexual Disorders faced by Men and Women.
I have a doubt if my wife periods is missed and Incase if the egg are fertilize by sperm in that case if I had sex during missed periods time means will it create problem to pregnancy. Please give a clear answer.
Hi, I am 8 weeks pregnant. From 4 days I am suffering from fever, cold and cough. Doctor gave me wikoryl tablet but it does not work for me. Again today I went for check up, my temperature was 100°F.doctor gave these tablets, dolo 650, numox LB and grilinctus BM syrup for 3 days along with that daily m taking folic acid. U have a few questions running in my mind. Plsssss please kindly give me the answers please. 1) can I take these many tablets in my pregnancy, can it affect for fetal development? 2) is there any chances of miscarriage? 3) dolo 650 tab can be taken daily 3 times? 4) is these medicines are safe to take during this time? 5) if mother is sick, is baby too is sick which is in the womb? Thank you in advance.
I am 30 years female and gave birth to a baby girl few days back. But in the early stage what precautions should I take to build a healthier growth of my baby. Please suggest.
1. It's high in magnesium levels help reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke. It also helps lower cholesterol levels
2. It is a great weight loss food. It is low in calorie but makes you feel full as it has high water content and fibre
3. Beta carotene and vitamin c also have anti inflammatory properties thereby naturally curing ailments like osteoarthritis asthma and rheumatoid arthritis