Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Eunice JosephYour feedback matters!
Hai. Am 24 years old. I have pcod. Am planning for a baby. And taking so many medicines for pcod, vitamin,egg growth and all .past 2 days. I feel a pain in my chest .breathing problem. Am taking thyroid medicine also. My gynaecologist suggested to take. My tsh value is 3.5.am so worried. Can't able to speak continuously. Breathing problem.
Hi doc. I was diagnosed with severe vaginal fungal infection yest and prescribed Clingen vaginal suppository tablets for 7 days. I inserted one Clingen last night but I got my period this morning. Should I continue using the vaginal able or discontinue during my period and resume once its over? I can't reach my gynaec. Just FYI I was also prescribed 2 doses of oral forcan 150 tablets. Thanks in advance.
The procedure of breast reduction surgery-
Breast reduction surgeries can be conducted in an outpatient facility. You may have to stay for one night at a hospital as well. While performing this surgery, a patient is given general anaesthesia, which will make the patient asleep during the process.
Breast reduction surgery requires about two to five hours to be completed successfully. During the process, the surgeon will create a cut around the nipple and then on the breast. The cut is made in the shape of a keyhole. Extra skin, tissue and fat will be removed from the breast through the keyhole-shaped incision. Drainage tubes are also utilized for removal of excess skin and fat. After the removal is complete, and enough skin has been removed, the breasts are stitched. They are then wrapped in a special gauze. Sometimes, a surgical bra is required to be worn by the patient during the surgery.
Recovery from breast reduction surgery-
After a breast reduction surgery is performed, the patient must take a minimal one week off from any kind of work or school. Some women require two weeks or more to recover. However, this varies from patient to patient, but not more than three weeks are required for recovery.
You will be having a follow-up appointments with your surgeon, where the bandages and stitches on the breasts are removed.
As a part of the recovery process, a woman must abstain from all kinds of physical activities for one month following the surgery. After the surgery, it is likely for a patient to feel tired and experience breast pain. However, this is normal and you can have oral pain killers prescribed by your surgeon to get relief and ease. Heavy lifting should be strictly restricted.
Breast reduction surgery is an efficient cosmetic surgery, which enables women to reduce their breast size and volume. The results of such a surgery are quite satisfactory. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.
I have diabetes from last 1 year of my miscarriage but now I am 7 months pregnant n I am having half zoryl m1 per day is it safe for me n my baby but the day I am pregnant I check my diabetes in every 15 days n it comes 80 in morning an 122 after Lunch plz.
I have to reduce my weight and I have a thyroid problem, irregular periods .so please suggest me a good diet plan to follow.
Hai. Am 25 years old. I hav a kid of 4 years and v r planning for pregnancy. My doctor prescribed me productive-f for 30 days coeDHEA SR for 30 days STIMUFOL for 5 days Do this tablets help me in conceiving and getting pregnant.
I am 1mth 45 days pregnant age 31 years history of 2 IUD now doctor prescribed me ecosprin 75 mg and heparin injection daily. My question is heparin injection is necessary and giving immunoglobulin injection this is also necessary.
Many think that a combination of honey and hot water, green tea with honey and lemon juice is a healthy practice and that it will help to reduce weight.
The truth is that it doesnt. And even if it have had such an effect on some people, ut isnt healthy.
Honey should never be heated or mixed with hot food, drinks or water.
It will lose its good qualities and become incompatible.
It will result in decreased immunity or in allergic conditions in the person or in his/her generations yet to come.
So its a request to everyone not to follow such so called healthy practises which are actually not healthy.
I have rashes in my vagina. Everytime I have sex I feel so much pain and itching in my vagina. Please suggest me some medicine to get rid of this.
Doctor I'm age of 21 After my periods. I'M getting blood cramps n light bleeding till my next period date That means I need to keep sanitary or some cotton cloth everyday What is happening? Is it normal?
There are a number of potential benefits from corn oil, including its ability to prevent oxidative stress, reduce inflammation, lower “bad” cholesterol, protect the skin, boost vision health and minimize allergic reactions, among others. However, there are also some side effects you need to consider, including weight gain, a higher risk of cancer, and potential toxicity. Some of these side effects are heavily dependent on the type of corn oil you use, and the manner in which it was extracted from the corn itself.
Corn oil is derived from the germ of the corn plant, one of the most widely grown and relied on crops in the world. Due to this huge availability, corn oil is one of the most inexpensive vegetable oils, and thus one of the most popular. Corn oil can be acquired through an extended process of expeller pressing, refinement, and steam distillation. While this creates an oil that has a very high smoke point, making it ideal for cooking purposes, it also saps many of the beneficial compounds from the oil, in which case, there are few health benefits. That being said, even the unrefined version of this oil is very high in fat and calories, and is considered less healthy than many other vegetable oils, such as olive or almond oil. If you want to benefit from using corn oil, seek out varieties that have been cold-pressed, and are labeled organic or unrefined. These will have a lower smoke point, but will also possess the monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats that provide corn oil’s various health benefits.
Uses, benefits and nutrition facts of corn oil
- People primarily use corn oil as a cooking oil, due to its semi-neutral flavor and cost, in comparison to other vegetable oils. However, some people use organic corn oil in medicinal or topical applications, and even as a massage oil. The efficacy of this oil for health depends on the source and processing method of the oil. Unrefined, organic corn oil delivers some benefits, as explained below.
- Cholesterol levels: monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats are both needed by the body, as they can help to control inflammation and excess cholesterol. However, these fats aren’t balanced in most forms of corn oil, particularly in refined varieties. Therefore, this oil can reduce blood pressure and balance cholesterol in very limited quantities, so use the oil sparingly when cooking.
- Inflammation: both omega-3 and omega-6 are known to work against inflammation, when consumed in moderation in the body. This can help relieve symptoms of arthritis, as well as headaches, gastrointestinal problems and even inflammatory conditions of the skin.
- Vision health: there are other ingredients besides fats in corn oil, such as flavonoids and antioxidants, such as lutein, which can reduce free radical activity in the body. Specifically, lutein is able to protect vision health and prevent the development of cataracts.
- Antioxidant effects: monounsaturated fats, polyunsaturated fats, flavonoids, and vitamin e all have antioxidant properties, which can help reduce oxidative stress throughout the body. When used in moderation, this oil can help to prevent chronic disease, and even lower the occurrence of certain cancers, while also helping to make the skin look and feel younger.
- Allergies: some of the compounds in corn oil have been known to reduce allergic reactivity in the body, helping to keep symptoms of asthma and rhinitis at bay. Although corn oil is rarely used as a topical oil, it can help allergic reactions on the skin when applied directly.
- Skin conditions: whether you use corn oil directly on your skin or consume small amounts of it, the antioxidants and tocopherols in the oil will help prevent skin infections and help to relieve irritation, blemishes, eczema and psoriasis. It can even help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and other age spots. However, remember that this oil is very high in fat, and should always be consumed in moderation, no matter how good it makes your skin look!
Although there is some debate about the health effects of corn oil, the nutritional facts of this oil are quite clear, and when used in responsible amounts, this oil can provide certain key nutrients to the body. Monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats can be found in high levels in unrefined corn oil. This includes linoleic and oleic acids, although when it comes to the balance of omega-3 to omega-6 fatty acids in corn oil, the ratio is far from ideal. There are nearly 50 times more omega-6 fatty acids than omega-3 fatty acids, whereas the recommended ratio is 1: 1. You can also benefits from the high levels of vitamin e in this oil, as well as limited levels of vitamin a, xanthins and trace amounts of other antioxidant compounds.
Side effects of corn oil
There are numerous side effects of corn oil, including potential toxicity, increased risk of cancer, increased risk of cardiovascular disease, stomach irritation, and weight gain. Even when used in small amounts, people seeking a healthy vegetable oil are typically directed away from corn oil. If you are going to use this oil, however, be sure to use organic and unrefined corn oil, which will have the highest level of potentially beneficial compounds.
- Heart health – although there are some monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats in corn oil, the balance of omega-3 to omega-6 is wildly skewed, and this oil remains very high in fat. A single tablespoon contains more than 20% of your daily fat allowance. It can cause cholesterol problems for some who use an excessive amount, particular those who are already dealing with cardiovascular issues.
- Cancer – some studies have found a connection between excess levels of omega-6 fatty acid and increased levels of prostate cancer. While certain elements of corn oil can help prevent cancer, others may increase your risk in other ways.
- Toxicity – due to the high level of herbicide and pesticide use in agricultural practices, and the various countries where corn oil can be produced, there is a chance of toxicity in this oil. This can manifest in trouble with your liver and kidneys. As mentioned before, it is important to know exactly where your corn oil comes from.
- Obesity – corn oil may have some health benefits, but it is also very high in calories (more than 120 per tablespoon, compared to 40 per tablespoon of olive oil). As a result, excessive use of this oil can significantly boost your daily caloric intake, and you may not even realize it, easily compromising your weight loss goals.
Hey there, I have a query about blood group relations. My fiancée is having o -ve blood type and I am having b ve type. Is there any barrier in our future marriage. Such that I heard that she can't have second baby because that will be harmful for her in that case? Need suggestion what to do? Is that something correct I heard? And are there any ways in medical to prevent that thing?
Diabetic nephropathy refers to kidney damage caused by diabetes. Though this does not affect all diabetics; if left unchecked, it could cause kidney failure. In fact, this is one of the leading causes of chronic kidney disease and long-term kidney complications.
Diabetic nephropathy is marked by the destruction of blood vessels inside the kidneys. This is caused by high blood sugar concentration in the individual’s blood. Smokers and people suffering from cholesterol and hypertension are at a higher risk of suffering from this disease. If noticed early enough, this condition can be reversed and permanent kidney damage can be prevented. However, the disease does not have any noticeable symptoms in its early stages. As the kidney function deteriorates, patients may begin to experience swelling in the legs and feet. Some of the other symptoms patients may experience include loss of appetite, sudden weight loss, nausea, insomnia and weakness.
To diagnose this condition, doctors must rely on urine tests known as albumin urine tests. What they will be looking for is the presence of a protein known as albumin in the urine. The presence of this protein indicates that the kidneys are unable to filter blood properly and hence are damaged. This test is usually advised to be taken once every year. In addition, it is also advisable to have a creatinine test every year to check how well your kidneys are functioning. Regular check up of diabetes blood test, eye check up for Diabetic Retinopathy is also done for knowing the damage in kidney as cell of retina and kidney are same.
Treatment for this condition focuses on lowering the patient’s blood pressure and reducing damage to the kidneys. This can be done by a combination of Angiotensin II receptor blockers and ACE inhibitors or Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors. Patients may need additional medication to resolve accompanying cholesterol issues. NSAIDS such as ibuprofen should be avoided as they can stress the kidneys and cause further damage. In addition, it is also essential to bring the patient’s blood sugar levels under control. Limiting the protein intake and increase the intake fresh fruit and vegetable consumption can also help treat this condition. Patients should also limit their salt intake.
Diabetic Nephropathy can be prevented. The best way to do this is by eating a healthy, well-balanced diet and taking your blood sugar medication regularly. As long as your blood sugar is stable and your blood pressure does not increase too much, you will have a low risk of diabetic nephropathy. Maintaining a healthy weight with the help of regular exercise can also help prevent this condition.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!