Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Elina Dewanji
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Elina DewanjiYour feedback matters!
Toxic shock syndrome (TSS) is a potentially life-threatening condition that causes a steep drop in blood pressure, resulting in deprivation of oxygen to the organs, which in severe cases leads to death. This disease has been associated with menstruating women who use superabsorbent tampons. It was first recognized in the 1970s and 80s when women using tampons of certain brands were affected by this syndrome and those brands were immediately taken off the market. This disease primarily affects tampon wearers and harmful effects of cervical caps, diaphragms, and menstrual sponges have surfaced.
New mothers are susceptible to TSS as well as those who are recovering from a surgery, are wounded or are using prosthetics. It is important to know about its symptoms so that you can identify the disease and seek professional help at the earliest.
Warning signs of TSS include:
An overgrowth of bacteria called staphylococcus aureus (staph) causes this disease. It can be found primarily in female bodies. This is one of the many staph bacteria that lead to skin infections in burn victims and patients recovering from surgical wounds. Group a streptococcus (strep) bacteria is another cause of this syndrome.
Do you feel like sex has become a burden for you? You know you love your partner but when it comes to sex, you feel as if you have lost that desire? Then you are not the only one.
Many people go through a similar phase, known as loss of sex desire or low libido. This condition tends to affect you not just mentally but also your relationship with your partner and spouse. Sex is a type of communication between various hormones and neurotransmitters. Only when these two things work in harmony, you feel that sexual desire and excitement.
What is causing you to lose your sex desire?
A number of factors cause a person to experience sexual aversion. Knowing about these causes can help you understand and diagnose the problem. Some of the causes of this condition are the following:
- Child sexual abuse
- Hypothyroid (when the thyroid gland fails to generate sufficient hormones)
- Birth control medication
- Inadequate testosterone levels in men
- Substance abuse such as drugs, smoking and alcohol
- Hysterectomy (a procedure which removes the uterus) in case of women
- Absence of mental and emotional satisfaction in a marriage
- Uncomfortable and painful sex due to decreased supply of blood to the vagina
How can you determine if you are suffering from low libido?
Knowing and recognizing the problem will go a long way in remedying this problem. This is how you can understand whether you are suffering from low libido:
- Diminished sex drive i.e., if you don’t feel like having frequent sex like before
- Feeling sluggish when faced with the prospect of having sex
- When you realize sex has become more like a chore or duty rather than something spontaneous and pleasurable
- If your partner or spouse has to put a lot more effort than normal in arousing you
- You don’t enjoy sex as much as you used to
- If you hardly think of sex as much as you used to
- You just stop caring about sex altogether
How does homeopathy play a role in making this problem better?
Since homeopathy is completely natural, it always targets the body’s healing function by restoring and rejuvenating it. Because diminished sexual desire is an emotional and psychological condition, homeopathy can greatly help in treating it by eradicating the emotional triggers. Even though homeopathy takes a longer time in treating problems it is because it strikes at the root of the problem and permanently gets rid of the disorder. Your homeopath doctor will formulate your medicines very precisely keeping in mind your symptoms and difficulties and this will help treat your condition better. There remains a very little chance of the same problem recurring. Since homeopathic medicines are extremely diluted, there are hardly any side effects.
Sex is nothing to be ashamed about. It is a very crucial part of a relationship and marriage and just because you are suffering from a low libido now, that does not mean you are going to feel like that forever. So, trust the power of homeopathy and get your sex life back on track.
Sir, I am 22 year old girl. I have miss my periods for two months. This problem was first time to me. From 5 days I have milky white discharge which is odourless and I have no irritation or pain. From one day I feel severe pain in hypogastric region. My micturition and bowel moments are normal. Gynec doctor prescribed me progesterone for 3 days. What's my actual problem was. Anything complicated.
Pcos is a syndrome disease defined by a collection of signs and symptoms. The symptoms of pcos that one patient experiences can be very different from the symptoms of another patient. If you have two or more of the following symptoms, you need to have a thorough checkup to determine if you need pcos treatment:
Irregular or missing menstrual periods, infertility, excess or unwanted body or facial hair growth, thinning hair on the scalp, weight problems, often including weight gain around the waist, skin problems, including skin tags, darkening skin and acne
Complications of pcos
The common pcos symptoms are difficult enough for most women, but some will experience further complications, including:
Diabetes, elevated insulin levels or insulin resistance, heart and blood vessel problems, uterine cancer, sleep apnea
Each of these problems can be life threatening, which is why treatment for pcos is so important.
Lifestyle and prevention
One of the best treatments for pcos is a healthy lifestyle. A healthy diet low in refined carbohydrates is important, as this can help regulate blood sugar levels. Exercise can also help the body regulate insulin and keep excess weight off. Losing weight is challenging with pcos, but doing so can help reduce the male hormone levels in the body, and some women will begin to ovulate naturally. With a proper diagnosis, lifestyle changes and pcos treatment, women can get relief from this condition and the overwhelming health problems it can cause.
Homoeopathy offers permanent solution for this syndrome, the medicine is selected based on symptom totality and individualisation, some of the medicines for pcod are graphites, lachesis, calcarea carb, lycopodium, nux vomica, sepia, ignatia, staphysagria.
Hello Sir, Me and my wife is having same blood group (a+. Can you please tell me how it ll affect our childbirth. And how can we cured? Please explain a bit in detail.
I tried to have sex for the first time, but it was really painful so I could not get the penis inside the vaginal opening but I think due to repeated trying blood came out. My bf had cum on my clitoris. I thought there was a possibility that it could go inside the vagina so I took ipill within 12 hours. For the first two months of my cycle periods were on time but the flow was less and were uptil 3-4 days, whereas earlier I used to have it for 5 days. Next two months my periods were delayed by one week and flow is still 3-4 days. I took the home pregnancy test a number of times but its negative (using morning pee) Is this the side effect of ipill? If yes till how many more days will it continue? Or there could be some other issue?
Its been 2 years we r physical. But now a days my girlfriend experiences lil blood during our intercourse. Its bleeding frm past 2-3 months 1st it was very lil lyk jst 2-3 spots of bloods on d condom bt nw a days it bleeds too much. Wat should we do and why is it happening?
Hi sir, I had unprotected sex with my relative and I got fever after 10 days, than I tested after 2 months at lab result negative and I tested also at 12 weeks than also came negative but now I am getting some symptoms so please tell me can I test again.
I am 35 years old and got pregnant my last period came on 1 Feb 2018 I visit doctor for abortion on 7 March 2018. My urine test is positive but in ultrasound foetus is not visible so doctor prescribed light power medicine secam E and secam P for three days. I started medicine from 7 march onwards which last on 9 March but till now period won't came. She said wait till 14. Want to know that should I wait for that or consult another doc. As now almost 6th week will complete on 14 and my worry is that don't want to go for DNC. And in how many weeks of pregnancy can be aborted through pills.
Recurrent miscarriage is a condition when there has been three or more successive pregnancy losses. It is different from infertility as, infertility is the inability to conceive. For many cases, the cause of a recurrent miscarriage has not always been found. A number of factors can cause recurrent miscarriages of which some are treatable.It may not always be possible to identify a cause for recurrent miscarriage in a couple, even after extensive research and treatment procedures. Some of the common causes of recurrent miscarriage are described below:
- Chromosomal abnormalities: Incompatible chromosomes can result into pregnancy losses. When an egg and a sperm meet, of which one of them is faulty, they can't line up properly resulting into chromosomal abnormality. Such conditions lead to miscarriages.
- Uterine abnormalities or Incompetent cervixes: Miscarriages occur if the uterus is abnormally shaped since the embryo is not properly implanted or even if it gets implanted, it may not get sufficient nourishment to survive. If the woman has a weak cervix, it cannot hold the developing embryo, leading to miscarriage.
- Immunologic disorders: Under rare cases, the embryo itself is not accepted by the body. Antiphospholipid antibodies are those, which attack self tissues, such as embryos and prevent them from building up. This leads to recurrent miscarriage.
- Untreated thyroid problems: Conditions such as thyroid or uncontrolled diabetes result in uterine conditions which make it tough for the embryos to survive.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome: Women with polycystic ovary syndrome tend to have high levels of male hormones which, result in irregular menstruationand ovulation. This can prevent the lining of the endometrium from maturing that is required for holding the embryo.
- Bacterial infections: There may be presence of a number of microorganisms inside the reproductive tract that may be harmless for the person. But there may be certain bacteria lined up in the reproductive tract, which can prevent development of embryo, thus leading to miscarriages.
- Lifestyle: Smoking and drinking are harmful lifestyle habits, which may increase the chance of miscarriage to a great extent. It is always advised to avoid smoking or drinking when you wish to conceive. Other lifestyle conditions, such as working in certain environments like hospital environments, farms, laboratories, etc, may lead to miscarriages; however, the exact reason has not been identified yet.