Lybrate.com has top trusted Homeopaths from across India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Disha Dutt
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Disha DuttYour feedback matters!
Motor neuron disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects motor neurons in the brain, spinal cord and cells that control voluntary muscles. In motor neuron disease, the working of muscles, therefore, stops which leads to muscle weakness and decreased function. When the movement of part of the body is restricted the joints become stiff, painful and can cause muscle tightness which hampers day-to-day activities. When a particular muscle is weakened which is under control of motor neuron, daily exercise keeps weakened muscle strong.
As such there is no cure for motor neuron disease physiotherapy helps to maintain the quality of life by keeping you mobile. Strengthening healthy muscles which are not yet affected helps to compensate for the muscles that are weakened. Daily exercise improves muscle elasticity thus improving range of movement for joints and preventing muscle tightness.
How Physiotherapy Treatment helps?
- Physiotherapy helps to reduce stiffness, pain, muscle spasms and increase mobility.
- Breathing exercises reduce the chance of chest infections and help with chest clearance.
- Exercise helps to ease movement of limbs and body enable us to perform daily activities. Exercise helps to maintain muscle strength, maintains range of motion, and keeps muscle flexibility thereby reducing spasm. It increases the energy levels.
- Physiotherapist gives advice on positioning and posture.
- Advising on various modes of compensation for loss of movement and conserving energy.
- Providing walking aids which will help to keep you mobile and as safely as possible.
- Teaching how to pace up your exercise and to stop when you start experiencing pain.
- Advise, to be given for pain relief.
- Physiotherapy helps in maintaining posture and positioning by keeping a straight back and neck in standing and sitting. Collars, splints and specialised chair are beneficial to maintain posture.
What exercises should be performed?
- Breathing exercises help to breathe easier thus clearing the chest.
- Performing range of motion exercises to maintain mobility in your joints. First one joint is exercised in a systematic manner then the other joint is exercised. The aim of performing range of motion is that it prevents stiffening of joints.
- Massage and other hands-on technique is performed to increase circulation thereby reducing pain aiding relaxation, assisting muscle tone and thus reducing stiffness. It relieves tension from muscle cramps.
The exercise has been categorised into 3 categories-
- Active exercises to be performed where the patient is able to make his muscles perform without anyone’s help.
- Passive exercises to be carried out wherein you are not able to move your joint the helper guides joints by supporting and moving your limb.
Do not perform exercise vigorously which will cause you pain. If you experience pain contact your physiotherapist.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!