Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. DhruvYour feedback matters!
I am 19 year old I have leg pain and I want leg fitness for stableand this is down from 3 months before and I have observed leg pain.
Naturally I am light brown skin. But due to lack of awareness in past years my hands legs I foots. Have grown more darker. As I drive daily in two Wheeler for about 30 kms. Though I use cloths. My face has also gone dark. Except parlour s what other treatment s can b used for bringing the real colour of skin. Pls help.
Hello sir, I am from Hyderabad my age is 35 I had fallen from teak ladder I got back disk L4 L5 is compressed since then I become more fat and fat doctors suggested me don't do exercise and avoid heavy weight lifting.
Total joint replacement surgery is among the most common ortho surgeries and is recommended to those suffering from severe arthritis and when all other forms of treatment have failed to give adequate relief. This surgery is the best option, as these days because of advancement of technique, result of these surgeries have vastly improved. Still if you have doubt about the need of the surgery, you can always seek second opinion. Rather it is always better to seek second opinion as it can settle any doubts that the patient may have.
I have back pain from 15 years. Mri shows vertebral colon disc no 3&4 gap reducing. V.c disc 5&6 displace which may give pressure on nerve. As a result mostly right leg always feel severe pain.
My father is age of 83 having swelling on right hand shoulder with very hard and big like cricket ball, and every time it get too much pain and even he gets so much weakness in the whole body .It is in the right shoulder well defined intramuscular SOL findings are likely suggestive of intramuscular chronic hematoma. Cytopatholoy - Fine needle aspiration cytology. Impression- Cytopathology S/o Hematoma. Kindly give remedy for the pain and to reduce the size of swelling which is a size of cricket ball and very hard in touching. Kindly advice some lape or medicine which can reduce the size and pain. Doctor says it is v big operation to perform because father is around 83 of old and cannot in position to bear with that. Sir is there any lape or medicine in Ayurveda which can reduce the size and pain. Thanks. Regards.
Shoulder pain can be a persistent dull and nagging sensation in the upper arm or shoulder area. It can be easily differentiated from neck pain as it is related to the movement of shoulders i.e. it will increase and decrease with shoulder movements, especially overhead activities. The other signs to identify shoulder pain is if your shoulder movements are reduced.
If you find it difficult to scratch / wash your back, comb your hair or reach your back pocket, it clearly shows you are suffering from shoulder pain. Shoulder pain can happen due to various reasons, it varies from person to person depending on the activities he/she is involved in, for e.g. sports, manual job etc. It can be a single major injury or multiple small injuries due to repetitive usage patterns. Also, degenerative changes in various parts of the shoulder can lead to shoulder pain.
In case of middle to old age, injuries that can cause shoulder pain are:
- Biceps Tendonitis
- Acromio-clavicular Joint arthritis
- Scapular Dyskinesia
- Suprascapular nerve entrapment In young age, injury due to sports or gym activity can cause shoulder pain
- Superior labral anterior/posterior (SLAP tear)lesion
Also, traumatic or repeated dislocations of shoulder can cause shoulder pain due to:
- Bankart lesion
Diagnose Shoulder Pain
Shoulder pain can be diagnosed only after thorough history taking and clinical examination. However, some imaging studies can be very helpful like:
- X-rays: Through an x-ray one can view the shoulder in many different views.
- Ultrasound: With an ultrasound, you can also check the damaged caused to the tendons and muscles of the shoulder but the quality of reporting depends upon the expertise of the doctor.
- MRI: MRI gives a clear picture of the shoulder as it shows everything related to a shoulder joint that is joints, vessels, tendons and muscles that too from different angles.
- Diagnostic Arthroscopy: A surgical procedure often used by orthopaedic surgeons to diagnose and treat issues inside a joint. Arthroscopy has the big advantage that one can use it to diagnose as well as treat at the same time.
Treatment for Various Types of Shoulder Pain
- For Shoulder Impingement or Rotator Cuff tear: Give rest to the shoulder for a few days only Dedicated Physiotherapy Protocol Bursal injections If these fail then, (Surgery)Arthroscopic sub-acromial decompression If Cuff tear is found, then one can go for Arthroscopic/Mini-open repair
- Labral Lesions: For anterior Labral lesions (Bankart's) following anterior shoulder dislocation then surgery in the form of Arthroscopic Bankart's repair is the only option to reduce risk of recurrence and degeneration.
- Pain relief and physiotherapy as first step If this fails then following surgical options are available
- Arthroscopic debridement or repair of labrum
- Biceps tenotomy or tenodesis
In this case, the joint is already destroyed and has to be resurfaced for pain relief and to maintain ROM. If Rotator cuff muscles are working, then Shoulder resurfacing hemiarthroplasty (preferred in young people), that has a life of 10 to 15 years, Total shoulder replacement (preferred in middle aged to old people) has a life of 10 to 15 years. But, if rotator cuff muscle are not working then Reverse Geometry Shoulder replacement is recommended, that has a life of 10 years.
It is always advisable to get yourself diagnosed properly in case of shoulder pain as management changes depending on clinical situations. Neglecting shoulder conditions can lead to bigger problems later on.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Im 39 years of age and im having a severe shoulder pain on my right hand. I cannot lift my right hand coz of the pain. Used volini gel but tht dint help. Wat cud help me fix my problem?
I have back pain problem from last 3 months and this is really unbearable while riding bike kindly suggest me some medicines to cure this.
My sister's daughter is 7.5 years old. But neither she speaks nor standing on her foot. Means she doesn't walk on her feet. Physically she is healthy. There is no physical abnormality. please help me.
Normally, neck pain in adults tends to gets fine in a week or so by taking proper rest and medication. But when it comes to kids, one has to be careful because if a kid is complaining of neck pain, it could be because of muscle soreness or slight infection but you need to be careful as it can be much more than merely a neck pain. Here, we are not referring to the neck pain which occurs during sore throat but the pain that happens at the back of the neck.
Let’s see how harmful it could be:
1. Torticollis: If a child’s neck pain is so severe that he’s not able to move his head, then it could be torticollis. You know that it’s torticollis when your child keeps his head continuously on one side which is often associated with painful muscle spasms.
2. Infection in lymph node: Pain in kid’s neck could be because of infection in lymph node which irritates the neck and causes its spasm.
3. Damaged spinal cord: Spinal cord gets its protection from neck. A little pain in the neck could be because of some fracture which the child might have got while playing etc. and did not notice. So, even a mild neck pain in children shouldn’t be ignored and if the child finds it bearable, then you must consult a doctor at once.
4. Meningitis: It’s a bacterial infection of the membrane which covers spinal cord and brain. A child can suffer brain damage if it is not treated in time. And it starts with neck pain only, so it shouldn’t be ignored at any cost.
5. Swelling of glands: When a child is complaining of neck pain or discomfort in the neck area, it can be due to infection which can cause swelling in the glands. So consulting your doctor on time will be good for your child’s health.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.