Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurologists from across India. You will find Neurologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak KumarYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old. I am male. I have shaky hand problem. So suggest me how to recover this. Is it harmful to me?
I am 62 plus. About 12 years back I had a road accident in which there was no serious external injury but I had a flat fall on the road and at that time felt that my spine was fractured because I was not even able to breath properly. After helped by bystanders, gathered courage and with very great difficulty drove back to my home which was 23 kms. After overdose of pain killers, hot fomentation and analgesic massage, I recovered within 3 days and was back on normal routine work. But after that I developed trembling in my hands, when I am under pressure or even a slight tension or anxiety. Gradually it increased and now at times when I am in hurry to do something or to go some where or have even a little pressure apart from hands I feel mild shiver in my whole body and in such situation I feel difficulty in putting my signatures properly. But I drive car without any difficulty even under tremendous pressure when my whole body appears to be not under my conrol. I use to brisk walk for about 5 kms and sprint running for about 500 mts and also some breathing exercise. I am not diabetic. However little hypertensive. No other pathology. Am I developing parkinson? is it curable or otherwise?
As the famous quote says, 'prevention is better than cure', let us take you through some preventive measures to keep you and your loved ones away from the dreadful brain stroke. Brain stroke occurs due to an interruption in the regular blood flow to the brain or bursting of a blood vessel or due to the bursting of blocked artery, which reduces the supply of oxygen and nutrients, leading the brain cells to die.
Top 8 things that will reduce the likelihood of having a brain stroke:
- Eat well: Having good eating habits are not just good for a healthy outlook of the body, but also benefits the body in many other ways. Eating a plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, fibre rich diet, reducing salt and fat content can prevent stroke.
- Stay Active: Regular exercising not just makes you feel and look good, but also reduces the odds of developing a brain stroke. Exercising regularly or keeping the physical activities regularly will keep you away from suffering a stroke. Pick any physical activity, but do work out to stay away from the brain stroke.
- Say no to Smoking and drugs: Yes! The more you smoke, the more are the chances of you of suffering the deadly brain stroke.
- Control your blood pressure: The ideal blood pressure for a healthy person is 120/88 mm HG. Regular check-up of blood pressure is advisable to control the chances of suffering a stroke as high blood pressure can result into damage of arteries, which causes brain stroke.
- Drink in limits: Limit the amount of alcohol you consume, as alcohol increases the blood pressure, which is one of the main reasons behind the stroke. The high amount of alcohol can increase the blood pressure to a higher level very quickly. Consulting a doctor is the best option in case you are not able to control your alcohol intake.
- Cholesterol: People suffering from high cholesterol are at higher risk of strokes as the cholesterol can travel to the arteries in the body making the arteries narrow and the body more prone to suffer a stroke. Choosing healthy lifestyle helps in reducing the cholesterol level.
- Diabetes: High level of diabetes is one of the most prominent reasons behind stroke. One should get his diabetes level checked and keep it under control since the arteries might get blocked because of fatty deposits because of higher sugar levels.
- Depression/Stress: Any kind of depression or stress, generally leads to avoidance of all or some of the points discussed above and hence becomes a reason for an unhealthy body, which is more prone to strokes. Consultation with a doctor and/or psychiatrist is advisable in case a person if suffering from depression.
Improving your health and taking charge of your life should be the top most priority and should never be ignored. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
The treatment is bringing me a migraine please tell me, I in bringing Dr. But my pain was not told yet.
I am an 17 year old boy. My muscles all over the body are twitching and shaking itself. Jaw muscles especially. What should I do?
I am a male of 62 yrs. No diabetes or bp. I developed shaking of hands from 22 nd year especially when holding tumbler at top rim with hot liquid or serving with a big spoon. No shaking when keeping quiet. This I feel has increased over decades by say 10%. Will it lead to paralysis as days goes by? what preventive medicine should I take doctor?
Sir my problem is that my cervical nerve is compressed. I am taking treatment from neurosergon but not relief.
While sleeping I snores and in-between my breathing stopped for like 12 to 20 seconds. I guess it's sleep apnea. Can you tell me of any cure. Besides operative cure.
Sir I am seriously ill since 5- 6 year. I do not want to masturbate but after control maximum 3- 4 day I have to do it. I can't control myself. Sir I don't want to do this but I have to do it. If I don't do this I can't sleep. Please help me sir. It's affecting my life a lot. Some times I think about subside but there are many people are depend on me. Please Dr. help me.
Hello sir my wife is 23 year old and when she is siting is legs are go to sleep and so much pain when she is stand up so pls advise me some home remedies treatment and yoga or any thing else. Thank you.
Is there any relation between epilepsy and gynoproblem? Can epilepsy occurs because of adverse reaction of delivery.
Hello, I want to know about my father. He is 62 years old. in 2011 he was attached with brain stroke. Now he is taking tablet" telvas am "for controlling bp. But now a days bp is 103/61. So can you please tell me is it harmful for him in future or not? Thanks,
I am 62 years old male, I am having PARKINONPLUS. What exercise you suggest to reduce the symptoms and lead a normal life?
When I sit on chair for long time my leg freezes When I lying on bed my hand and arm freezes Sometimes while lying on bed I can't use cellphone on that moment very difficult to type I think this is because of low blood pressure or extra body fat This is not normal now days What should I do?
My mother is suffering from insomniac. She can't sleep at night without taking high dose medicines. Please suggest me some treatment which do not effect my mother's health.
Dementia cannot be singularly regarded as a specific disease, but rather indicates a group of symptoms associated with your memory, cognitive thinking, and social abilities, up to the point where daily functioning gets affected. In most cases, dementia steadily worsens over time (progressive dementias). Dementia is not to be confused with memory loss alone; because it is natural with old people to experience memory loss, but that does not necessarily mean they have dementia. If the reason is dementia, then you may require medical treatment.
Dementias are generally caused either by damage to or changes in the nerve cells operating in the brain. The causes can be grouped differently based on the type of dementia experienced and the part of the brain affected. While some causes can be reversed with effective treatment, others, unfortunately, cannot.
The most common causes of dementia which cannot be reversed include:
- Alzheimer's disease
- Vascular dementia
- Parkinson's disease
- Frontotemporal dementia
- Dementia with Lewy (dementia which is neurodegenerative and progressive in nature) bodies
- Severe head injuries
Other irreversible causes which are relatively rarer than usual include:
- Huntington's disease (breakage of the brain's nerve cells)
- Creutzfeldt-jakob disease (irreversible and fatal brain disease)
- Multiple sclerosis or amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Infections like syphilis
- Leukoencephalopathies (diseases affecting the brain's'white' areas)
- Brain injuries
- Multiple system atrophy
Causes of dementia which can be treated include:
- Heavy metal poisoning
- Certain brain tumors
- Chronic alcoholism
- Vitamin b12 deficiency
- Medicinal side effects or abnormal drug reactions
- Normal pressure hydrocephalus
- Certain cases of encephalitis
Symptoms of dementia include:
- Memory loss
- Difficulty finding the right words
- Difficulty exercising judgments, especially during emergencies
- Inability to recall particular events or to recognize people and places
- Depression or other mood disorders, in addition to symptoms like uncontrolled aggression or constant agitation.