Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak GuptaYour feedback matters!
I had habbit of chewing pan masala/guthkha (tobacco), I have probleme with my mouth, I cannot open it, I can open it just a inch, nt even 2 fingers, too worried. Wht to do?
In my teeth a black spot like hole is found and one of the front tooth is loose from the gum how to get rid of that. Please help me?
I am 32 years old, my question is that I have been feeling acidity in the mouth, have gone to doctor for checkup, he said is ulcer, then gave medication for ulcer, but still I feel the same, please advise.
I'm 20 have an underbite and maloccluded jaw The right side has started paining and the blood vessel nearby seems very enlarged and cord like My mouth is cut from the inside on the right side too What should I do?
I am 28 years old . My left up side teeth is getting pain and if I touch with my tongue I feel some gap there and if I bite anything its paining from past few months I am not chewing any thing with that teeth.
I wanted to ask that a diabetic can go for teeth implant n r there any side effects .will that teeth won't create any problem in future?
A sparkling set of shiny white teeth can make a smile more appealing and infectious. Yellow teeth can be extremely embarrassing and annoying. The important dental tissues that make up a tooth include the Enamel, Dentin, Cementum and the Pulp, of these four tissues, the enamel (the white and hard teeth surface) and the dentin (pale brown) are responsible for the tooth colour. Any damage to these two tissues bring about teeth discolouration and factors that contribute significantly towards yellowing of teeth include:
- Poor dental care and hygiene like improper and inadequate flossing and brushing techniques.
- Unhealthy lifestyle habits like chewing of tobacco and betel nuts, smoking, excessive consumption of alcohol, tea and coffee.
- Certain medical conditions and treatments (chemotherapy and radiation) can adversely affect the dentin and the enamel. Antihistamines are also known to stain the teeth. It is best to avoid mouth washes containing Cetylpyridinium Chloride.
- With age, the enamel tends to thin naturally exposing the dentin that lies underneath it.
- Fluoride intake in excess can stain and discolour the teeth.
- Yellow or discoloured teeth can also be genetic.
Yellow teeth, though frustrating, can be fully treated. The mode and success of the treatment is largely influenced by the extent of the teeth discolouration.
- Avoid smoking and chewing of tobacco as much as possible. Control the intake of drinks and foods that can stain and discolour your teeth.
- Practice healthy dental hygiene. Brush your teeth twice daily.
- Some whitening agents (over-the-counter) can be effectively used to treat yellow teeth.
- Dental veneers are a great way to deal with yellow teeth.
- For a healthy set of white teeth with pearly shine, visit your dentist every six months.
In addition, several natural and homemade remedies can also prove to be beneficial
- Nothing can treat yellow teeth more effectively than baking soda. Brushing your teeth with toothpaste mixed with baking soda (about a quarter teaspoon) can do the yellow teeth a world of good. Using a mixture of baking soda with vinegar (white), lemon juice and hydrogen peroxide is an effective natural remedy.
- A healthy practice to get rid of yellow teeth is to rub the teeth with orange peel every night.
- Rubbing the teeth with Strawberry paste will help to reduce the yellow stain greatly.
- The benefits of lemon are known to all. Brush your teeth with a mixture of lemon juice and salt. Wash it off after a few minutes and the yellow tinge will be a thing of the past.
- Charcoal, Apples and Basil leaves are powerful natural ingredients to treat yellow teeth.
Your smile is precious! Do not lose it to yellow teeth.
Can I use colgate painout. Because my teeth pains a lot. And I have lost my 3 teeth. Do not know which paste is god for us suggest me. Pls tell me how can I get instant relief from pain. Becau my exams are coming and I am having prblm.
Hello doctor I have a very bad breath even after brushing my teeth twice a day regularly. After brushing my teeth and gargling with my mouth wash which is temporary for a few minutes my mouth stinks please give me a solution to this problem.
My front teeth gap is much big and i dnt want to trim my teeth without trimming option i prefer because if it doesnot look good after treatment i can remove that treatment and look as before so pls advise not so costly treatment bt good also
Hello doctor. I have a very bad breath can you please suggest me something to stop my breath being so bad? Thank you.
Wisdom teeth are known to be the final molars to grow out and they complete the set of permanent teeth. They generally start to erupt during the late teens or in the beginning of twenties.
In case of some people, there is a possibility that the wisdom teeth may never erupt, while others may even grow four and more wisdom teeth.
It’s not necessary for you to get your wisdom teeth removed if they are correctly positioned in your mouth and do not cause any pain or dental problems. If they are impacted and/or cause crowding in your teeth, a dentist will recommend that you have them removed. There are two ways wisdom teeth may grow.
- Some will grow in like regular teeth.
- Some will become impacted.
What if they have grown in and don’t hurt?
If this is the case, the decision is up to you. Wisdom teeth that cause minimal crowding and don’t hurt are fine to keep, but a lot of dentists will recommend that they be removed. Why? They are very susceptible to cavities and are not easily cleansable. If your wisdom teeth have cavities and you cannot clean them due to their location, filling the cavities is unwise because you’ll continue to develop more cavities. The easiest way to avoid this problem is to remove the wisdom teeth altogether.
Some reasons that a dentist would recommend wisdom teeth removal include:
- Irritation of the surrounding tissue or the signs of a cavity forming.
- Inability to achieve a proper and thorough routine cleaning of food and bacteria.
- Inadequate space to accommodate full eruption.
- Signs of impaction that could lead to damage of surrounding roots.
- Uncomfortable contact with other teeth or gums.
- Interference of normal jaw function.
When do wisdom teeth need extraction?
Proper oral care of the teeth will keep them healthy and clean. But there may arise a situation, in which the removal of the wisdom teeth is quite necessary:
- In certain cases, the wisdom tooth may erupt at a weird angle, compromising the teeth next to it. This may make it difficult to clean the teeth thoroughly, thus resulting in the onset of bacterial growth and periodontal disease. In this case, the wisdom teeth should be removed as soon as possible.
- While the wisdom teeth grows out, it may happen that there is not enough space for it to grow properly. As a result the adjacent teeth may face pressure due to crowded teeth, leading to headaches, toothaches and jaw pain. It is best that the wisdom teeth is extracted in this situation.
- An impacted wisdom tooth, that is, if it has only partially grown out of the tissue, should also be extracted before it can cause serious complications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.
Even if you clean and floss your teeth regularly, you may have noticed a drop of blood or two dripping out from your gums. Maybe you feel that it is no big deal, but you may not be aware of the fact that bleeding gums can never be a normal symptom. Director of the Perio Arts Institute, Dr. Lisa Marie Samaha has raised an important question. Have you ever seen your scalp bleeding while brushing? If you feel that is not normal, then while brushing or flossing, if your gums bleed, you are most likely suffering from a periodontal disease which is commonly known as a gum disease.
Severe outcome of gum bleeding
Gum disease is a simple, contagious bacterial infection that can cause havoc on your oral health. For instance, if it is left untreated, it can lead to destruction of gums, erosion of jaw bones and may even cause tooth loss. Not just the oral health, bleeding gums infect the whole body. Firstly, these can cause plague that creates irritation along the gum tissue and the longer this inflammation is left untreated, the faster it spreads causing a host of illnesses ranging from allergies to cancer.
Reasons behind bleeding of gums
This disease is very common as declared by the American Academy of Periodontology in a report that says up to 80 percent of adult population is suffering from gum disease and very surprisingly, just 10 percent of this populace is aware of it. The good news here is that bleeding gums are caused due to various reasons that can be easily treated, and the condition can be improved to put a stop to bleeding of gums.
Inadequate oral hygiene: Though you may think that you brush your teeth twice a day and so there could be no germ build-up, it is not true. Actually, it takes only 24 to 36 hours for a healthy gum to become infected with disease. Therefore, take care of your teeth in the best possible way and floss your mouth after every meal.
Your diet is wreaking havoc: Processed food is not just bad for your tummy, your teeth are also going to be adversely affected with those donuts, chocolates, ice-creams and all the tempting junk food. It is always recommended to have a healthy diet comprising of fresh fruits and vegetables that are rich in calcium and vitamin C.
- Misc. factors: Other factors like smoking, stress and anxiety can also trigger gum bleeding, and you should try to reduce them and consult a specialist if your gum health is out of control. If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.