Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Deepa Verma DewanYour feedback matters!
Sir/ madam I want to know whether inserting penis with condom in vagina in4 months of pregnancy is safe. Can we have sex please suggest me.
Good evening, I want to ask that right now i'm 6 weeks and 5 days pregnant. So kya hum sex kar sakte hai abhi ya nahi aur kitne month tak sex karna safe hoga. And sir mere pet me pure din ruk ruk kar dard hota rahta hai koi dar wali to bat nahi hai please suggest as soon as possible. Thanks.
Ma'am I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend on 27 August and she took I pill (ecp) after 6 hours. After 4 days I.e. On 1st September she started bleeding and she blessed for four days. Now after 21 days of intercourse, we did 4 home urine pregnancy test which were on 18 September, 25 September, 2 October and 9th October. A all the results were NEGATIVE. We even did a bhcg test on 18th October, the results were <1.2 miU/mL. Then she started bleeding from 23 October to 29th October. This month also, The bleeding started day before yesterday I.e. On 23rd Nov. My question is can we rule out pregnancy now but she is having cold, severe stomach pain and feels like vomiting this time. Please help.
Hi. I have PCOS. Have tried homeopathy, ayurvedic both but nothing worked. As per allopathy there is no cure for this problem. Only if you want to conceive then medicine is available. If I go on for metformin. It turns out to be acidic and has side effects too. I am not diabetic. Stress levels are high as working and little time for physical activity too. Please guide if any solution is there.
Recurrent miscarriage is a condition when there has been three or more successive pregnancy losses. It is different from infertility as, infertility is the inability to conceive. For many cases, the cause of a recurrent miscarriage has not always been found. A number of factors can cause recurrent miscarriages of which some are treatable.It may not always be possible to identify a cause for recurrent miscarriage in a couple, even after extensive research and treatment procedures. Some of the common causes of recurrent miscarriage are described below:
- Chromosomal Abnormalities: Incompatible chromosomes can result into pregnancy losses. When an egg and a sperm meet, of which one of them is faulty, they can't line up properly resulting into chromosomal abnormality. Such conditions lead to miscarriages.
- Uterine Abnormalities or Incompetent Cervixes: Miscarriages occur if the uterus is abnormally shaped since the embryo is not properly implanted or even if it gets implanted, it may not get sufficient nourishment to survive. If the woman has a weak cervix, it cannot hold the developing embryo, leading to miscarriage.
- Immunologic Disorders: Under rare cases, the embryo itself is not accepted by the body. Antiphospholipid antibodies are those, which attack self tissues, such as embryos and prevent them from building up. This leads to recurrent miscarriage.
- Untreated Thyroid Problems: Conditions such as thyroid or uncontrolled diabetes result in uterine conditions which make it tough for the embryos to survive.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: Women with polycystic ovary syndrome tend to have high levels of male hormones which, result in irregular menstruation and ovulation. This can prevent the lining of the endometrium from maturing that is required for holding the embryo.
- Bacterial Infections: There may be presence of a number of microorganisms inside the reproductive tract that may be harmless for the person. But there may be certain bacteria lined up in the reproductive tract, which can prevent development of embryo, thus leading to miscarriages.
- Lifestyle: Smoking and drinking are harmful lifestyle habits, which may increase the chance of miscarriage to a great extent. It is always advised to avoid smoking or drinking when you wish to conceive. Other lifestyle conditions, such as working in certain environments like hospital environments, farms, laboratories, etc, may lead to miscarriages; however, the exact reason has not been identified yet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Severe pain during intercourse causes difficult relationship in both partners. Sometimes a sustained occurrence of pain might be an indication of some serious medical dysfunction. As such, consult a doctor as soon as the pain arises.
Contrary to popular beliefs, sexual pain can occur in both male and female.
In female, the reasons behind the painful sexual intercourse might be:
The pain can arise due to vaginal yeast infections or any form of sexually transmitted disease or pelvic inflammatory diseases.
A severe injury in the vagina during childbirth or any other accident and psychological stress can also cause severe pain during sex.
Sometimes, menopause or uterine problems (formation of fibroids in the uterus) can also cause pain.
Cyst formation in the ovary or endometriosis (when the inner tissue lining of the uterus tends to grow outside) can also cause severe pain during intercourse.
Some men can experience pain during intercourse because of allergy to the fluids of the vagina or the chemical content of certain contraceptives.
You can experience pain because of undiagnosed sexually transmitted diseases like herpes or gonorrhea
The pain might also occur due to urinary tract infections or side effects from certain medications.
Severe pain just a few moments before ejaculation can be a result of inflammation of the prostate glands and should be immediately diagnosed as it might be a signal of prostate cancer.
For treating pain during sex in female, you should opt for the following procedures:
If the pain is caused due to vaginal dryness after menopause, you should consider the application of prescribed lubricants or jellies to reduce the pain.
If the pain occurs due to severe anxiety or stress, sex therapy can help you improve physical intimacy.
If there are other symptoms like severe bleeding or irregular periods in addition to the pain, a visit to the physician is recommended.
Similarly in men:
If the pain occurs due to severe anxiety or stress, sex therapy can help you improve physical intimacy.
If the pain results from side effects of certain medications, you should try changing your prescribed medication after doctor’s suggestion.
I am 8 week pregnant I had scan everything is fine but suddenly I stopped vomiting no morning sick also before I use to get lot of vomiting is there any problem because I had abortion twice.
I'm 22, my last periods was 22 Nov, we had an intercourse on 11 Dec, I'm expecting my periods this month, its already 22nd and no signs of mensuration. I'm scared that im pregnant. I'm unmarried. We are planning to get marry next year. Will this affect my future pregnancy if I abort this time.
Addiction is a brain ailment that is characterized by irrational engagement in satisfying stimuli despite of argumentative circumstances. Addiction is an ailment where the brain's Reward system malfunctions and only responds to persistently greater level of addictive stimulus like morphine, cocaine, etc.
There are many varieties of addiction like alcoholism, gambling, sexual intercourse, etc. These force a person to isolate himself from the entire society and indulge in his or her addictions. If they are not supplied with the drugs they may react violently and may even die.
Drug treatment is a type of treatment which is intended to aid the abused users stop the uncontrollable usage of drugs and protect them from the adverse effects of it. This treatment has a variety of forms and takes a lot of time as the drug abuse is a chronic disorder and cannot be treated in a short term. Below mentioned are some of the ways by which you can fight back addiction effectively.
• For individuals who are addicted to drugs such as opium and nicotine (Tobacco) are treated with drugs such as methadone, naltrexone for opium addicted individuals and with varenicline and bupropion for tobacco addicted people.
• For individuals who are greatly addicted to alcohol Disulfiram and acamprosate are the best medications that are available.
• Many individuals are addicted to the prescribed drugs and their treatment is the same as that of drug abuse that affects the brain. Like the medicine buprenorphine, can be used to treat both heroin obsession and addiction to medications for opium pain treatment.
Behavioral treatments may help people to take part in drug abuse therapies and teach ways to cope up with drugs and help them to against relapse if it occurs.
• Group therapies are the latest form of treatment that is advised to the addicted individuals. Group therapies provide the individual social support and help in enforcing behavioral incidents that will help the lead a non-drug-using lifestyle.
• Lastly individuals who are greatly addicted to alcohol or drug abuse or any kind of addictions suffer from depression and also face social, legal and family problems.
Desire is an elusive thing, especially in women. Anything can disturb it- a scent, a wrong touch or physiological reasons like vaginal dryness. If you want the top ways to treat this desire-dampener, read on.
One of the most common causes of vaginal dryness is a decrease in estrogen levels during menopause or perimenopause, after childbirth, or during breastfeeding.
One in every three women falls prey to vaginal dryness during menopause. It can afflict younger women too for a couple of reasons like chemotherapy, breastfeeding, removal of ovaries, certain medicines and endometriosis.
The moisture in vagina keeps it elastic and once it tapers off, interest in sex wanes and intercourse becomes painful and the vagina feels itchy and stretched. It becomes thinner too.
The condition is diagnosed through a pelvic exam by your gynaecologist. And the good news is that it can be treated easily.
Topical oestrogen therapy is the most common treatment for vaginal dryness due to low oestrogen levels. This provides oestrogen to the vagina for relieving symptoms. You can choose one of these three types of vaginal oestrogen:
- Vaginal Oestrogen Ring, Estring: This can be inserted into the vagina. It is a soft and flexible ring and releases a steady stream of oestrogen directly to the vaginal tissues. It needs to be replaced every three months.
- Vaginal Oestrogen Tablet, Vagifem: This tablet can be inserted into your vagina with an applicator as per instructions of the gynaecologist.
- Vaginal Oestrogen Cream, Estrace, Premarin: This cream can be inserted into the vagina using an applicator again as per the doctor’s instructions.
Several side effects are associated with these oestrogen products like vaginal bleeding and breast pain.
It is also contraindicated for women who have breast cancer or those with a history of endometrial cancer. If you have any vaginal bleeding or are pregnant or breastfeeding, you should not use such products.
In order to keep the vagina more lubricated, try using a vaginal moisturizer like Replens, Lubrin instead.
Using a water-based lubricant like Astroglide and K-Y jelly before intercourse can take away the pain of intercourse.
Eat a diet rich in omega-3 fatty acids and proteins. Include more of these- Raw pumpkin, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, and fish like salmon, mackerel and tuna for their fatty acid content.
Also include foods with high plant oestrogens like flaxseed, soy, legumes, cherries, nuts, apples and celery.
Drink lots of water to stay hydrated. And, last but not the least, do regular exercise. Twenty minutes of fast walking will keep your heart strong and up the blood supply to your pelvic region and improve your hormonal balance. Consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My period date was 26 of this month and that was passed and I do not get period. I had sex on 20 March using condom but that was not safe. Now at this stage I do not want baby. Now could you please suggest me a safe method of getting periods.
Endometriosis is a condition where the endometrial tissue lining the womb, grows outside the urethral lining. This can cause severe pelvic pain and a host of other complications, if it is not treated on time. Here is everything you need to know about this ailment.
Symptoms: Owing to the location of this tissue and its painful protrusion through the lining or walls of the womb, one of the earliest and most painful symptoms experienced may include severe cramps and pain during the menstrual cycle. Also, the patient will experience pain in the lower abdomen region about a week before the onset of the cycle. Heavy bleeding as well as infertility may be experienced in such cases too. Sexual intercourse will also give rise to pain in the region, while discomfort will be felt during the bowel movements. Pain in the lower back will also be experienced throughout the menstruation period.
There are several stages of this disease and its progression, each of which will require a different form of treatment. These four stages usually depend on the location, size, depth and number of the endometrial implants within the body of the patient.
- Minimal stages: In this stage, usually there will be small wounds and lesions as well as shallow implants on the ovaries. Inflammation in the pelvic cavity can also be felt in this stage.
- Mild stage: In this stage, there will also be light lesions and shallow implants which will spread over the ovaries as well as the pelvic lining.
- Moderate stage: In this stage, the implants will dig deeper into the ovaries and the pelvic lining, which will result in the growth of even more lesions.
- Severe stage: As the name suggests, in this stage the patient will experience deep implants along with lesions in the bowels and the fallopian tubes.
Treatment: There are varied forms of this treatment including pain relief medication for minimal to mild stage patients. Also, hormonal therapy with the help of supplements may be prescribed. Hormonal contraceptives may also be used. In such cases, medication like Danazol, Medroxyprogesterone, Gonadotripin releasing hormone agonists, and other such elements may be prescribed. Conservative surgery and radical surgery may follow, depending on the severity of the condition. Laparoscopy is the preferred form of treatment in such cases. A hysterectomy can be conducted as a final resort where the surgeon will remove the cervix as well as the uterus of the patient. This will make pregnancy impossible for the patient, thereafter. To stem estrogen production, the ovaries will also be removed.
One must discuss all risks and complications before going in for a certain form of treatment for this ailment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Im 30 weeks pregnant scan show water is less doctor advise me agricet granules 4 sachet and glucose should be given 3 daily for 3 days please suggest how to recover afi or water.
Sir/Mam I am having a little ball like something in my left breast, when I press it I feel pain, I noticed it almost 2 years ago, I have not consulted any Dr. Yet, I want to know that, is it a serious matter or will it be fine itself?
Which milk is better to drink the one which is common like Amul, Mother Dairy etc or the one that comes in a tetra pack like Nestle, Danone etc (which we can have instantly without boiling). Does the nutrients present in milk gets over if we boil it?
Hello, I have unprotected sex with my gf on 21 May nd period was normal nd it came on 25 May. But in june she did not got her periods, what can be the reason. Please guide Thanks.
I am 50 yrs old, got my periods last on feb 7, though the flow was very scanty, but of late I m feeling very hot and its not controlable please guide.
I have been taking garlic pearls for the last two months. Are there any side effects of taking garlic pearls for a long period of time.
Stress can take a toll on your health in more ways than one and your sexual health is greatly and adversely impacted by stress. Stress can take a toll on the emotional relationship you share with your partner and also your own physical health, thus resulting in a hampered sex life.
Stress and Our Libido:
By now, we know that hormones affect our bodies in numerous ways from childhood to adolescence, pregnancy, menopause and beyond. Cortisol is one of the hormones produced by stress, and you might have heard of it if you’ve ever seen those late night diet pill commercials with the image of the pixelated woman gaining weight in her abdomen. Our bodies need this hormone, but in small doses for short bursts of time. If elevated levels of Cortisol are being produced for a prolonged period of time, they suppress our sex hormones. Lower quantity of sex hormones equals lower libido.
Impact of Stress on Sex-
- Stress takes a toll on libido.
- Low levels of libido imply lesser secretion of sex hormones, thus, affecting your sex life.
- Stress can interfere with your fertility, ovulation and sperm count.
- Stress can cause a shift in the hormones. In women, the change in hormones manifests in the form of an irregular ovulatory cycle.
- Loss of intimacy.
- Being under stress constantly can lead to anger, emotional outbursts, depression and loss of intimacy with your partner; thus affecting your sexual relations.
- Stress also affects your body image negatively, thus leading to unpleasant and bad sex.
How to rejuvenate your sex life?
Ayurvedic medicines help to overcome the stress related conditions without any side effects. Some herbs proved to be helpful in relieving stress & increasing libido like Ashwagandha,
safed musali, Shatavari, Manaskalp capsule, Ozaup capsule. These are beneficial in all stress-related sexual problems. Other tips are:
- Communicate your feelings: Many-a-times, communicating and sharing your feelings, desires and anxiety with your partner might be all that you need to rejuvenate your sex life.
- Regular exercise and proper sleep: 20-30 minutes of body work out or a session of yoga everyday helps you to de-stress. A proper eight-hour sleep cycle will also go a long way in de-stressing you.
- Supplements to boost your libido and energy: Taking multivitamins, minerals, zinc and other supplements helps to boost your energy levels and libido, thus allowing you to enjoy your sex life to the fullest.
- Set the mood correctly: Set the right mood before your intimate sessions; with some soothing music, aromatic fragrance and dim lights. This can and will enhance your sex life by promoting relaxation, happiness and overall emotional well being. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.