Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
What is vaginitis?
Vaginitis refers to infections of the vagina. This condition results in inflammation of the muscular walls of the vagina due to contamination of bacteria, yeast or viruses and results in itching, soreness, reddening and pain of the vagina along with pungent odors and unusual discharge.
Vaginitis is a common medical condition that affects all women at some point in their lives. Most of the time, the problem is not severe and can be easily treated with simple remedies. But if the symptoms become chronic and remain persistent, it requires the immediate attention of a gynecologist.
What are the different types of vaginitis?
There are a number of different types of this condition, which have varying causes and symptoms. Some of the most common types of vaginitis are as follows:
1. Bacterial vaginosis
This is caused by the explosive growth of the bacteria that is usually present in small numbers in the vagina under normal conditions.
2. Yeast infection
A type of fungus is known as candida Albicans causes this type of infection.
3. Vaginal atrophy
This generally occurs after menopause and is caused by falling estrogen levels.
This type of injection is sexually transmitted and caused by parasitic infestation.
What are the symptoms of vaginitis?
Common symptoms of vaginitis include the following:
- vaginal discharge with unusual colors or odors
- the occurrence of pain during urination
- the occurrence of pain during intercourse
- itching, swelling and irritation of the vagina
- vaginal bleeding and spotting
There is a strong connection between the ears, nose and throat, as any ENT or Ear Nose Throat specialist will be able to tell you. When there is any kind of congestion or obstruction in the nasal passages, one can also feel some effect in the ears with the symptoms going from mild to severe.
So how can nasal obstruction cause clogged ears? Here is our explanation!
- The Connection: To begin with, let us understand the connection between the ears and the nose. There is an opening that can be found in the back of the nose, which leads into a tunnel called the Eustachian Tube. This tube goes into the ears and creates some amount of pressure when the nasal passages get blocked. This pressure can be felt as clogging of the ears and can usually be eradicated with the help of a pop in the ears. This pop can be brought about by pinching your nose and trying to breathe, or even yawning hard or indulging in some gulping or swallowing motion as well.
- Mucosal Swelling: The swelling within the patient's nose usually points at the buildup of mucus, which can make the nasal lining thicker, thus making the act of breathing that much more laboured and difficult. This obstructs the nasal tract, in plain and simple terms. This swelling usually spreads to the tunnel or the Eustachian Tube, which can become swollen and even shut, consequently leading to a feeling of having clogged ears.
- Negative Nasal Pressure: When the pressure inside the nose is built up in a negative way due to the obstruction that makes the patient breathe even harder, then the ears end up taking the pressure. This makes them clogged. This negative pressure usually manifests in the back of the nose where the Eustachian Tube is located, which creates a build up in the ears as well. This can also lead to a ringing pain when a patient tries to suck in air too hard due to the obstruction.
- Bernoulli's Principle: If we are to incorporate air in place of fluid and liken the action of breathing with an obstructed nose, with the action of sucking fluid in through an obstructed straw, then the fluid dynamics would apply to this case. As per these fluid dynamics, more rapid flow of fluid can lead to decreased pressure on the surrounding areas. This can be applied to the blocked nose where air must pass through faster and with more fluidity so as to ensure that there is less pressure on the ears, which will keep them from getting clogged.
Persistent clogged ears and nasal congestion can also point towards an infection and should be checked by a doctor immediately.
I am 40 years old female unmarried. Sir mujhe harmons imbalanced hai FSH-80 or LH-33 ki report me hai, but sir last 4 month mujhe period thik huye hai, or khul ker hue, manedoctor ko dikhya to unhone mujhe calcium or ayeron ki tablet di jisse mujhe thik se perod ate hai but is month mujhe abji tak priod nhi huye or meri date 4 or 5 ki thi, doctor ne report dekh k bola I tum jaldi shadi ker lo nhi to ma nhi ban sakti kyuki tumhe POI hai, or doctor ne bola ki endocrinologist se ek bar consult kro sir muje bataiye ki me kabhi maa nhi ban sakti or sir me bahot garib hu mere ghar me mri mother or me hu or koi nhi hai. Please do something for me sir, please answer me sir me bahot pareshan hu or mujhe bahot problm ho rhe hai body me.
My wife has now 4 days due of her period. We tested home pregnancy test but it shown negative. Anything goes wrong?
I am 8 months pregnant. My sgpt is48 n my sho t is 37. I have been prescribed fortibile. Can I continue taking cashewnut n kismis.
I have stomach pain at the of menstrual cycle so far before I was not having the pain suddenly now only i'm having the pain.
Hi. I HaVe A friend WhO iS pREgNaNt HeR LaSt Period was On 28 Of JaN aNd aFtEr ThaT sHe DiD iNtImAtE oN 14 FeB nOw ShE iS pReGnAnT sHe ToOk THe AbOrTiOn KiT MTP anD juS a SmAll CloT oFblood was there and then there is A LoT pAiN bUt No BlEeDiNg PlEAsE sUgGeSt SoMeThInG wHaT tO dO.
I'm 6.5 week pregnant and I prefer medical abortion. I take one dose of 200 mcg mifepristone. After 24 hrs I take 400 mcg means 2 tablets of misoprostol. Now after2 hrs I got very much cramps and more bleeding including clots passing too. Is the abortion complete. After 4 or 5 days the symptoms of pregnancy almost gone and I feel relaxed. please suggest me is the abortion complete.
My gf was supposed to have periods yesterday, her due date was 26 june, and her last periods started on 29 may and ended on 4th june. We last had protected sex on 15 June, and wen we had next sex on 22nd june, then the first round was okay, but in the second round after wiping my penis and changing the condom tore during intercourse, but I did not ejaculate and pulled out as soon as I released. Now she complains of having bad cramps and pains in her stomach and has pain near the appendix last night and had chest pain a few days ago. Today she said she has pimple in her nose and pimple like (fulsi) on her stomach. Please help, what could it be? Is there any pregnancy chances? We r extremely stressed about it.
Hello Dr. I'm 28 yrs old married since 5 yrs. Had a misc in the first yr and conceived this month and again had a miscarriage. Please help or suggest.
Im 22 years old and I have a problem with irregular periods. My intake is healthy only. But im having this problem often. My weight is 62. Im over weight. I can not do any exercise since im busy. Can you please guide me.
Hi. Day 9 et 5.2 and follicle on right ovary 8.5 mm and total in no. 18. Left ovary multiple but less than 5 mm. Day 11 et 7.5 mm and follicle max is of 14 mm in right and 13 mm in left but again multiple in no. S what is the scope of conceiving in dis situation?
I am vegetarian but eat eggs, after delivering baby by C-section my what has varied from 52 kg to 70 kg now my baby is 1" years old, help me to reduce my weight.
I am 23 years old and got married 8yrs back I have 2kids. Now my problrm is my breast size is completely 0 I want to increase my breast size,please suggest.
I myself have already seen a doctor - they all say I have tight foreskin and need a circumcision. However, its not the foreskin itself which is tight - more the" entrance" of my foreskin. I do not wish to get a circumcision, I am wondering if there is anything else I can do (surgery) - my parents.
Mentioned throughout history as a curse, leprosy was considered as a punishment of sins by many cultures as it was widespread and common. However, modern science demystified it and de-stigmatized it to the point where the occurrence of leprosy within the population has gone down to very low levels, although it is still prevalent among certain populations.
Prevention of leprosy: Leprosy is caused by the bacterial infection of Mycobacterium leprae and it is classified into multiple types. Leprosy is communicable through contact with common objects or a person by infected droplets within their nose. It primarily affects mucous membranes and the skin and the nerves on the hands, feet, and in extreme cases may cause disfigurement as well. There are no specific ways to prevent leprosy as no specific correlation between transmission and development has been found so far. Leprosy can happen through one time contact or through contact over extended period of time within the same household. Thus preventive measures will primarily include the following:
- Regular checkups by going to the doctor
- Ensuring that surfaces are kept clean if you share a household with a leprosy patient
- Skin biopsies at regular intervals just to check if you may have contracted the bacteria
- If a rash has developed, then it is urgent that you visit the doctor. Earlier the leprosy is detected, quickly it can treated and resolved
Incidences of leprosy have reduced over the last few decades due to improvements in medicine and early detection. This has allowed people to nip the problem in the bud and does not allow it to spread within their bodies or to other people.
Treatment of leprosy: The primary weapon that modern medicine has against leprosy is known as MDT or multidrug therapy. Multidrug therapy is the combination of multiple drugs, which attack the various aspects of leprosy, such as skin problems, nerve damage, loss of sensation, deterioration of skin conditions etc. This is the proven way to not only reduce symptoms, but also cure the problems in the long run.
Some of the drugs in the MDT used are as follows:
- Rifampicin and dapsone
- Rifampicin and clofazimine and dapsone
- Rifampicin, minocycline and ofloxacin
However, the combination will depend on the type of leprosy the person is affected with, such as paucibacillary leprosy or multibacillary leprosy and thus can only be prescribed by the doctor after thorough and detailed examination.