Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepa
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. DeepaYour feedback matters!
I'm taking Femilon for regulating my periods. I have pcod and thyroid too. Can I try to conceive after this pack or should I take one more set of Femilon? Will taking Femilon affect Ovulation?
Pregnant hone ka shi samay Mera piriod date 12 August h Bina obulation date ke kb pregnant ho sakte h.
Hi I am a dentist age is 43. I am having vaginal discharge can you pls tell me the permanent solution.
Majority of women like to look into the mirror and find not an extra strand of hair on her face, be it the upper lip or near the ears. While it is not uncommon for women to have hair on these and other areas, most women resort to multiple ways to get rid of this. The pattern of this unnecessary hair growth is very similar to the pattern seen in males normally.
This condition of excessive hair growth is known as hirsutism and can be caused by multiple causes, as listed below.
- Genetic or racial: While the European women have a more clean face that is free of hair, the Mediterranean and Indian women are highly likely to have more facial hair growth. There is also a strong family history relation, and it is hereditary.
- Androgens (testosterone): This is a male hormone, essential for the development of male sexual characters. Though it is present in very minute amounts in all women, in some, there could be higher than these minimal levels, leading to minor masculine characters, facial hair being one of them.
- Hormonal imbalances: There are multiple hormonal issues which can manifest as increased facial hair growth. The two most common ones include polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) and adrenal conditions including tumours, Cushing's syndrome, and hyperplasia. In all these cases, there is increased amount of androgens, leading to excessive facial hair.
- Medication side effect: Some medications like testosterone, cyclosporine, anabolic steroids, and Minoxidil also lead to increased amounts of facial hair in women. Some other medications used to treat migraines, seizures, schizophrenia, and hypertension can also cause hirsutism. This is indirectly due to increased levels of male hormones in the system, producing these effects.
- Birth control pills: These also affect the hormone levels and lead to increased facial hair.
- Obesity: Most women with facial hair are also on the heavier side, and most people have a reduction in hair once weight is managed.
Treatment: The underlying cause should be treated for controlling hair growth. If there is an inducing medication, an alternative should be looked at. While hormone levels can be altered, in most cases, not much can be done. These need to be dealt with using one of the following methods - depilatory creams, waxing, plucking, shaving, laser reduction, electrolysis, and weight loss.
When reading through the above, it is obvious that a lot of causes for hirsutism point towards hormones. This helps to identify hormonal disorders in their earlier stages, which are managed with lesser complications. The next time you feel there is more hair on your chin or cheeks, get your hormone levels checked.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
If you are asked to choose between a beautiful girl who is totally lazy in bed and an average girl with awesome bedmatic skills or a guy with giant penis and tight muscles but unskilled in sex and the average guy who knows how to use his small penis to make you sing, who will you choose
Many people are under the impression that their physical attributes are all that matter in making them someone’s lover.
Interestingly, this is only true to a very limited extent.
Yes, you may get a lot of attention for pretty face, big butt, nice cleavage, fresh boobs, fine muscles, hunky body big penis, sweet talking…
But it is what you can and/or cannot do when it comes to the bedroom that will make you last as the sexual partner of that person in the long run.
Now, no matter your body type, there are certain things that will make you sexually attractive and preferred by your lover….
Be clean always – a clean sex partner is gold. When it is seen that your body is always clean and edible, you will be more appreciated sexually. A man for example will not mind eating his girl’s salad if she smells normal down there…
Make sounds and speak during sex – sex is as much about what we say as what we do. So make an effort to speak with your partner about how the sex makes you feel, about what you want and about what you want to do to him or her. Dirty talk, moaning and other coital sounds make the sexual experience more memorable…
Keep your body in shape – the best thing you can do for you and your sex partner is to keep your body in shape as much as possible because the more fit your body is, the better it is for sex. Eating healthy and exercising is good because it boosts your libido and allows you to execute challenging bedroom moves – sex positions…
Be willing to satisfy your partner – one funny thing about sex is that we don’t always get into the mood the same time and this time difference can lead to issues in regular relationships. You should not make a habit of turning him/her down every time because that is like saying “I’m not interested in you.” You should make efforts to give that thing your partner wants in bed, be it oral, a sex toy or some other fetish – as long as it doesn’t harm you in any way…
One last thing, always be willing to reciprocate
If you get a sexual favour from him/her, try to give back because that is the way to keep the romance hot and spicy.
Hi friends, I am Dr Shakuntala Kumar I am practising obstetrician and gynaecologist at New Life Hospital Delhi and Fortis Hospital Shalimar Bagh. Today we will be discussing ovary commonly encountered problem name Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. Are you suffering from problems like hair fall, excess facial and body hair, very-very oily skin along with acne, frequently encountered menstrual abnormalities or problems in periods of difficulty in becoming pregnant, chances are you may be suffering from the Polycystic ovarian syndrome. A polycystic ovarian syndrome is because of a hormonal imbalance namely the female hormones like estrogen and progestogen imbalance between the excess of male hormones happening in these women. These women also have insulin resistance in their body, leading to several other disorders like high blood pressure, diabetes and high cholesterol levels in their body. Friends because of a Polycystic ovarian syndrome is at the interplay of hormonal disbalance compounded with environmental factors, like the lifestyle of the person because of this there is a development of multiple eggs in the ovary rather than formation of one single egg. These small-small eggs coming up in the ovary do not allow a dominant egg to form because of which there is an ovulation or non-development of eggs. This is the main reason why these women face difficulty in conceiving and are facing several hormonal imbalances.
Now let us talk about the diagnosis of a polycystic ovarian syndrome, so friends just an ultrasound finding of multiple cysts in the ovary of these women is not the sole criteria. We have certain criteria because of which we diagnose Polycystic ovarian syndrome a woman will be having normal ovaries but suffering from PCOS, on the other hand, she may be having polycystic ovaries but she is in a normal lady. So the diagnosis depends on certain clinical and investigational and certain ultrasound findings of the women. Which is not one single criteria of polycystic ovaries coming up in the ultrasound. Coming to the treatment part of these women that treatment depends on the problem that is these women are facing but in the root cause of these problems lays the obesity part of these women. So the most important part of the treatment is weight loss and lifestyle management, so please listen to your doctor, when she is saying and requesting you to lose weight. That is possible through a healthy lifestyle, a healthy diet and workout plans. Secondly, if this woman is suffering from menstrual irregularities we will correct that by improving her lifestyle and by giving her certain drugs, if she is suffering from acne or excess body hair we will be giving certain drugs to tackle that, if she is suffering from anovulation or by that I mean difficulty in conceiving or becoming pregnant, we will be giving certain drugs to induce ovulation, this may require the intake of tablets or sometimes intake of certain injections. So friends polycystic ovarian syndrome is no longer an enigma, it can very much cure. The only thing that is required is you helping your doctor curing it by managing a very healthy lifestyle and through the drug that we prescribed you taking them diligently. Thank you very much.
I am 39 female ,having thyroid and depression. Conceived once after tat no conception.My tubes are normal but eggs are less. Can i conceive?
Yes we all desire for that perfect physical gratification that we get from being with our partners and we all look forward to a supercharged physical intimacy. However, what can go wrong with it? Most people will experience some sort of sexual difficulty at some point in their lifetime. Luckily, various healthcare professionals, including sex therapists and counselors, are trained to help people with these issues. Although individual cases vary in their specifics, a few sexual concerns are quite common.
Top Sexual Concerns among Women:
The top two sexual concerns for women are low desire or complete lack of sexual desire. Up to 40 percent of women report that they have little or no desire to have sex.
- Low Desire or Lack of Sexual Desire: Low desire or lack of desire is an increasing trend among women (and some men). Lack of desire is often accompanied by discussions about lack of time or energy for sex.
- Body Image Issues: Not liking what you see in the mirror can make the thought of being naked in front of someone else unpleasant.
- Aging and Hormonal changes: Changes associated with menopause may conspire to reduce a woman's interest in sex. Hot flashes, night sweats and weight gain can be some of the causes.
- Relationship Conflicts: Conflict with one's partner over everyday issues, from money concerns to childbearing, can reduce feelings of desire.
- Unskilled Sexual Partners: People who are experiencing unsatisfactory sex often lose desire. The more bad sex you have, the less you want (conversely, the more good sex you have, the more you want).
- Medical Conditions: Certain medical conditions may affect sexual desire. One of the symptoms of depression, for example, is a lack of interest in sex.
What You Can Do?
First, you should work with your physician to rule out any physical reasons for low desire. Next, it is important to understand how your body responds to touch. Make time for self-pleasuring (masturbation) and explore your capacity to experience pleasure.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!