Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Deepa DewanYour feedback matters!
I had swelling, itching and Redness problem in vagina, I used flucort ointment, now I don't have swelling and redness but sometimes I still get itching and different discharge color (yellowish. What should I use to get solved this problem?
My wife is two months pregnant and she is facing acid problem. My question is that is it a problem for my wife or baby? What should be the remedy for it? In the evening time she feels her stomach heavy and can not eat anything. Please someone answer me.
Hi, I had unprotected sex on 21st jan and took an i-pill on 22nd. My periods were on 12th jan. On 29th jan I started bleeding again. It's been 3 days since I have been bleeding. It's not exactly heavy like periods but it is also not just spotting. I am bleeding clots. Is this a period or a side effect of the ECP? Is there any chance of pregnancy?
Hello, everyone. I am Dr Indu Taneja, working as a Senior consultant at Fortis Escorts Hospital, Faridabad. My area of interest is high-risk obstetrics and laparoscopic surgery. Today I will speak about PCOD i.e, Polycystic Ovarian Diseases.
This is a disease which is affecting a maximum number of girls these days. In my OPD, there are 10-20 % of the girls are suffering from PCOD. The main symptoms of this disease are;
- Irregular periods
- Abnormal hair growth
- Excessive weight gain
The most common cause of this disease is the change in lifestyle of the young generation. Nowadays, the young girls are just sitting, chatting on their phone, keep sitting in front of the computers, having a lot of junk food like old drinks and hardly go for any outdoor activity. All these leads to increase in the weight gain and hormonal distribution changes which are hormonal imbalance leading to the symptoms of irregular periods and hair growth.
This disease is treatable. This disease can be treated very easily by your own will power.
- You have to change your lifestyle. Changing lifestyle means doing any kind of exercise like yoga, gym, atleast 4-5 days in a week.
- Cut down your junk food.
- Do some kind of dieting. This will lead to the reduction in your weight. If the weight is less than definitely, the hormonal imbalance is going to be better.
- Of course, the medicines are required to treat this disease but medicines are not as important as a change in the lifestyle. The medicines can be required for a long time also. But if you continue losing weight then the medicines will be more effective.
If you want to consult me the treatment or for any other problem, you can connect with me via. Lybrate for the video call or audio consultation. Also, you can come to my clinic which is Fortis Escorts Hospital in Faridabad.
According to contemporary medical studies, loss of sexual desire is more common in women than in men. As many as 3 in 10 women have reduced or limited sexual interest in any kind of sexual activity. While the medical term for this problem is Hypoactive Sexual Desire Disorder (HSDD), it is generally understood as a loss of libido.
There are multiple factors that contribute to this problem including psychiatric or physical disorders, relationship issues, hormonal disorders etc. Let us look at the causes of this disorder at length:
1. Medical Disorders:
a) There are conditions such as endometriosis, fibroids and thyroid disorders that may have a negative impact on the sexual drive of a woman.
b) Certain medicines such as antidepressants, oral contraceptives, and medicines that lower blood pressure may also negatively impact the sexual drive in women.
2. Hormonal Disorders:
a) Dryness of the vagina and pain during sexual intercourse may affect sexual drive both mentally and physically.
b) After menopause, drop in the count of testosterone hormone also affects sexual drive which can result in loss of libido.
c) With advancing age, the level of androgens decrease, and hence results in a lack of sexual desire.
3. Lifestyle Disorders:
a) In some of the cases, lack of emotional support in a relationship plays a significant role in the loss of libido. Post baby 'coolness' may also act as a driving force for loss in libido.
b) In today's era, changing lifestyle is drastically affecting our lives. Following an unhealthy lifestyle may result in increased weight that may affect self-image, and indirectly may also affect the sexual desire.
c) Stress and job, family pressure and exhaustion may also influence sexual desire of a woman.
4. Psychological factors:
a) Increasing cases of depression, anxiety, frustration, stress is also an important cause of loss of libido in the contemporary society.
b) After childbirth, new moms tend to suffer from lack of sleep, insufficient lubrication of the vagina and exhaustion, which may affect her sexual desire.
The first and foremost step towards dealing with it is to make your partner understand your problem. Then, it is important to consult a doctor to find out the underlying cause, thereafter, treatment of the cause can normalize the condition. Since there are multiple causes of the problem, there are different ways by which the loss of libido can be easily managed and treated. Some of them are discussed below:
1. Treatment of Hormonal Disorders: The doctors will suitably treat problems like thyroids or recommend surgical treatment for fibroids to manage HSSD.
2. Change in Medications: Since some of the medications are responsible for the lack of libido, the doctors will replace the medications to reverse this lack.
3. Addressing the psychological factors: Your doctor will either arrange for suitable psychiatric sessions or ask your partner to coordinate mutually.
4. Sex Therapy/Relationship Counseling or Testosterone Therapy: While sex therapy or relationship counseling brings back the interest by effectively counseling the individual, Testosterone therapy involves off-label usage of testosterone hormone since it is not recommended by FDA.
Proper treatment and consulting a medical expert can reverse this disorder efficiently. So, talk about the problem more openly to seek proper guidance and cure. You can also submit your queries or seek for our advice in detail by writing to us.
Is it risky to get pregnant at the age of 43 and if a women get pregnant at this age what precautions should she take?
Plz provide any medicine for unprotected sex which has occurred 25 days before for prevention of pregnancy?
Hemoglobin is 7.7 in female of age 45 yr, she is also thyaride patient with using thyronarm 100 and thyride is in control pl advice for increase of hemoglobin.
Mein 19 saal ki married hu 30 april ko meri shadi hui this year tab se husband k sath unprotected sex chalu hai but no pregnancy signs? Is there any problem? And give me tips for remain pregnant? Pllz suggest.
There is a big gap between my breast In which position should I sleep for healthy breast. Please advise.
Heart attack or myocardial infarction mostly occurs when the flow of blood to the heart is blocked due to one or more reasons. The most prominent reason could be high fat or cholesterol that results in plaque build up in the coronary artery. The restricted blood flow has the potential to damage or even destroy the heart muscle. Some of the symptoms that can be helpful when it comes to the identification of a heart attack are listed below.
1. Discomfort in the Chest - Your chest may feel tight and pressured when you are about to be hit by a heart attack. Pain or discomfort in the chest is usually central typically felt behind the sternum, the central bone of chest. It may not be pain, it may be only discomfort, it may only be in upper part of tummy, very commonly confused with a gas problem. It is often accompanied by a painful sensation in the chest or arms. If a chest pain lasts more than 15-20 min it can be assumed to be a heart attack. This aching sensation may even spread to your back, neck or jaw.
2. Feeling of inconvenience - Often before the heart attack, the person may have feelings of nausea, ingestion, abdominal pain or a heartburn.
3. Breathing problems - Another prominent symptom of heart attack is shortness of breath which is accompanied by cold sweat and fatigue.
If you think you are getting a heart attack, you should immediately take one tablet of Aspirin, 4 tablets of a drug called Clopidogrel, and one tablet of Atorvastatin 80 mg and rush to the nearest possible medical facility as time is very important in the treatment of an acute heart attack.
Related Tip: Heart Attack - Is the Damage Reversible?