I am Dr colonel Anil Goyal. I am an ex-army dermatologist, M.B.B.S more than 35 years ago, M.D more than 25 years ago. Both done in armed force medical college, Pune. I was a senior advisor and consultant in the army until I took premature retirement and started working full time in Gurgaon. I am a senior dermatologist and I will be telling you today about the most common condition which we are getting in our O.P.D. that is fungal infections.
If you know from your bio days, fungus is a plant which leads on moist climate. That is why fungal infection are more in the rainy season in the hot moist areas of the body like the scalp, neck, underarms or armpits, groin and even in between the backside and fungus needs dead tissue.
So where is a dead tissue?
It is more in the palms and soles. For fungal infections. we people make one common mistake we just go to the chemist and start taking some medicines across the counter. The basic problem with this medicines are they had steroids which decreases the redness and itching but it is not controlling the fungal infection, the fungal infection needs proper care. You must go to the nearest skin specialist for treatment of the fungal infections. Do not neglect and do not think it will go on his own.
The common medicines to eat for fungal medicines which we normally give are lucamisol, itraconazole, eberconazole etc. But please do not try to take treatment yourself. Some people start using strong anti- septic/ anti-biotic medicated soaps.These soaps also cause further problem because they cause allergy on the pre-existing damage tissue. Keep the area clean and dry. Take bath atleast twice a day. Once you are not busy in your work preferably avoid wearing undergarments and use cotton clothes through which your skin can breathe. And anybody who are choosing socks over prolonged periods of time, we must make sure that the two wet spaces are dried and well-powdered. And then they are wearing shoes and socks.Suppose our socks become wet either due to jogging or rain water, we should dry our feet asap. And if our body is clean and dry, then our fungal infections will be helped by medication more easily. Also if somebody’s fungal infections are not becoming o.k. then we should be checking their diabetes level also.
You must go to your nearest doctor or you can contact me at Lybrate. I am available round the clock by chat, sms, email texting and wish you all the best.read more
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. (Col.)Anil Goyal
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. (Col.)Anil GoyalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I was shocked to experience the need of of prp hair transplant. The entire Sudha Skin Clinic was spotlessly, clean. My boss referred me Dr Anil Goyal. He is really like god send person. From quite some time i was suffering from extreme hairloss, but never gave much importance to it. he has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes his reference.
I was having this hair loss, but the symptoms were not very visible. Never once that I felt that Dr Anil Goyal is getting impatient, rather he has always responded to my each and every doubt with immense patience. The complete process of hair loss treatment was so painless and quick, and i am so relieved that I chose to consult him. The overall atmosphere in the Sudha Skin Clinic is very soothing. I have consulted so many doctors but nobody till now was able to understand my concern properly, until i consulted Dr Anil Goyal. One of my cousin's referred to Dr Anil Goyal. The waiting area in the Sudha Skin Clinic is very comfortable for elderly patients. The hair loss treatment for hair loss has helped me greatly and now I am perfectly fine.
I was looking fro mole removal treatment for which I chose to consult Dr Anil Goyal. Even though he is not from our city, he is still very famous, so we consulted him. He is a very practical doctor. And he is well aware about innovative techniques to treat problems. I consulted a number of specialists but the way he treated me was the best. His advice and counselling has helped me immensely. The Sudha Skin Clinic is decorated very nicely and doesn't look like a hospital.
I was shocked to experience the symptoms of hair loss. I consulted Dr Anil Goyal. He is very patient with all his patients. So many doctors I consulted, but his treatment was the best. The facilities available in the Sudha Skin Clinic are very nice. I was amazed that other doctors before him were not able to even diagnose my problem, but (Col.)Anil Goyal did it immediately and started the hair loss treatment for it.
One of my neighbour's recommended Dr Anil Goyal. I'am almost on the path to recovery, Thanks to his perfect advise. On the very first day he identified my problem. I must say the hygiene was maintained very nicely in the Sudha Skin Clinic. I was in too much pain because of baldness, but after his hair transplant treatmnet, I feel much better. He not only helped me get rid of baldness but also helped gain confidence.
Dr is very good and really cares about people’s concern and finances. Reasonable consultation fee and proper treatment. Before visiting him for the skin infection problem I had visited the best 3 doctors of Delhi ncr and it was just wastage of time and money. Dr Anil is the best Dr I’ve ever visited in my life.
I Thank Dr Anil for the skin care treatment, he gave benefited me to great extent. He is very patient with all his patients. He has broad knowledge in the field of dermatology. I am impressed with the way he treats his patients. The overall atmosphere in the Sudha Skin Clinic is very soothing.
Thanks to him that the pimples treatment he gave me has given brilliant results. Dr Anil Goyal has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes his reference. The staff was very attentive to my needs. I am really grateful as his treatment has give me a ray of hope.
Sudha Skin Clinic is the best Clinic in the Delhi NCR region. I got myself treated here for allergy . thanks to dr (Col.)Anil Goyalwith his timely treatment and medicines the problem is subdued and I am now well. Thanks Aura col. Anil for your support
I am one of the many patients of Dr. Goyal. I consulted him over 5 years ago after trying many dermatologists including some big names in Delhi. His professional excellence coupled with humane concern gives the patient complete satisfaction.
Dr (Col.)Anil Goyal of Sudha Skin Clinic in Gurgaon is a highly experienced and skillful doctor. He is very disciplined and smart. I recieved acne treatment from him which brought brilliant results and also brought back my beauty!
Dr Anil is very patient with his patients. His ability to understand the problem and accurate and quick diagnosis makes him a doctor with difference.
It was nice experience. I would recommend to others as well. I was there for the first time and Dr was very clear with desease.
So far so good.Let's take a medicine for a 7 days.And let's see what will happen.And i will recommend if, i get well and clean
High levels of professionalism supplied by the doctor to me. I would definitely recommend him to all my friends and family.
It was interactive. The doctor listens to me patiently and explain the issue properly with pros and cons.
Abdul Muqtadar Syed
I found the answers provided by the Dr. (Col.)Anil Goyal to be prompt. Beautiful, one word answer.
Dr. (Col.)Anil Goyal provides answers that are practical. I have used more cream but no result
Doctor was courteous and went to details about the problem and shared possible causes as well
Dr. (Col.)Anil Goyal provides answers that are professional and knowledgeable. Thank u sir
Dr. (Col.)Anil Goyal provides answers that are very helpful. Thank you so much doctor.
Dr. (Col.)Anil Goyal provides answers that are very helpful. Thnx a lot I'll try this
Almost every person salivates over desserts and sweets. One does not need a special occasion to get their sweet tooth going. While the lip-smacking sugary delight might impress the taste buds, it is sure to affect the health in a big way. If you thought that sugar was only bad for your waistline and general health, then you need to know that it is equally harmful to your skin. In fact, it can lead to serious dermatological conditions.
Harmful effects of sugar on the skin
A lot of what we eat reflects on our body externally. A number of internal changes can influence the external appearance of the body. Excessive intake of carbohydrates, starch and sugar can have an adverse effect on the skin. It can also accelerate the ageing process. But what triggers these complications needs to be understood and discussed in detail.
Carbohydrates can be simple or complex. Simple carbohydrates (cake, bread; to name a few) break down and convert to glucose rapidly. Increased glucose level implies increased insulin level, and causes inflammation, which affects the whole body. The enzymes produced during inflammation breaks down important proteins, namely elastin and collagen, leading to wrinkles and saggy skin.
Acne problems mainly arise from Glycation (the process through which digested sugar attaches permanently to the collagen). Glycation plays a significant role in accelerating the ageing process.
Complex carbohydrates, on the other hand, is good for health. When ingested, complex carbohydrates break down at a much slower rate. As a result, there is no abnormal increase in the insulin level.
With a little care and preventive measures, the deleterious effects of sugar on the skin can be minimised.
1. Supplement your diet with foods rich in antioxidants. Lean proteins, fibrous foods and diets rich in good fats are highly recommended. Include beans and nuts that have low glycemic value in your diet. Drink plenty of water.
2. Food items containing a high amount of saturated fats (cheese, ice creams, fried foods; to name a few), and with high glycemic value should be strictly avoided.
3. Do not compromise with your sleep. Sound sleep and a stress-free life is the mantra to glowing and youthful skin.
4. Practice meditation and yoga diligently. The rewarding and positive outcomes will leave you in awe.
5. Do not skip your meals or indulge in overeating. Have small servings at regular intervals.
The skin has a protein called keratin that protects it from infections and other harmful toxins. For various reasons, mostly unknown but likely genetic, there could be a buildup of this keratin leading to small, light-coloured, hard bumps under the skin that can feel like sandpaper. This condition is medically known as keratosis pilaris. These pillars of keratin block the hair follicles that open onto the surface of the skin, and when a number of follicles are blocked, it leads to dry, bumpy feeling. In common words, it is also referred to as chicken skin, chicken bumps, or goosebumps.
Occurrence: The onset is usually in the first decade of life, continues to grow in number in teenagers (80%), and slowly subsides as they grow older (40% of adults). People with dry skin are more likely to have these bumps than people with oily skin. The most commonly affected areas include upper arms, thighs, buttocks and very rarely on the face.
Cause: This is a genetic disorder, and the bumps are due to excessive formation and buildup of keratin due to faulty genes. There could be surplus skin formation under these follicles or hair follicles trapped under these bumps. There could be a small area of inflammation and redness around the bumps.
Weather Correlation: Keratotis pilaris is more common and evident during the winter months when the skin is normally drier than in summer months. Some people could have this condition lifelong, with the only manifestation seen in winters and complete absence of bumps in the summer months.
Symptoms: The condition is usually asymptomatic, except for the dryness, and does not cause itching or medical harm. The esthetic concern, especially if in upper arms, is the only concern. Some people could be affected by the hard, bumpy feeling of the skin. There are no long-term medical symptoms or harmful effects of this condition though.
Treatment: No treatment is required; however, moisturizers may be required to prevent the bumps from drying up. In very severe cases, creams may be used to remove dead skin cells and to prevent plugged follicles. Alpha hydroxy acid, salicylic acid, or lactic acid containing creams can be used to remove the dead skin cells. These also help moisturize the skin and reduce dryness. Vitamin A containing creams can be used to unplug the hair follicles.
A word of caution though - these creams can cause itching and redness. Since this condition is prevalent in children, these creams need to be used only if absolutely essential and with medical prescriptions. The condition is harmless and self-limiting, so no treatment is mandatory. Patient education is of utmost importance in these cases
Are you suffering from dry, stretched, itchy or flaky skin? Remember dry skin look older than oily skin, as they show fine lines and wrinkles faster. They also flake, crack and bleed easily. Read on for 9 super easy steps recommended by dermatologists to soothe dry skin
Prevent hot baths and showers which dehydrate skin further. Do these instead for dry skin
- Use warm water
- Don’t shower for more than 5 minutes
- Wash with a gentle and fragrance-free soap
- Don’t apply too much soap so that it whips up a thick lather
- Don’t rub your skin dry with a towel
Post bath routine:
- Slather on a rich moisturiser after drying your skin: Moisturisers trap extra moisture in your skin so the right time to use them is immediately after drying yourself with a towel. It’s better to use ointments and creams as these are more effective than lotions. Creams with olive and jojoba oil, shea butter, lactic acid, urea, hyaluronic acid, dimethicone, glycerin, lanolin, mineral oil, and petrolatum jelly all are good. If the skin on your hand is extra dry and feels stretched then it’s a good idea to carry a non-greasy hand cream with you. Apply it to each washing hands immediately to relieve dry skin.
- Use only unscented skin care products: Shun harsh skin products which strip natural oils from skin like-
- Deodorant soaps
- Skin care products that contain fragrances, alcohol, retinoids, or alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA)
- Wear gloves when washing utensils: This will prevent dry skin on hands. All you have to do is wear latex gloves before you start washing clothes and utensils.
- Choose laundry detergent with care: Laundry detergents should be chosen with care as they can irritate skin. Go for detergents labelled “hypoallergenic”.
- Avoid toasting yourself by the fireplace or other heat sources in winters: Remember heat is drying. So limit your time in front of a hot stove or fireplace.
- Use humidifiers to add moisture to indoor air: Use of humidifier will help prevent excessive drying of skin.
- Use milk on skin: Milk is packed with anti-inflammatory and soothing properties that can fight dry and itchy skin. The lactic acid in milk also exfoliates dead skin cells and increases the capacity of your skin to retain moisture.
- Honey: Honey is one of the best natural moisturisers. It comes loaded with antioxidants and antimicrobials.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is a skin-hydrating agent par excellence. Its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties also help soothe dry and itchy skin.
If these things don’t work in alleviating skin dryness, you may require a prescription cream, so see a dermatologist.
Fungal infections in nails are caused by an overgrowth of the fungi in your nails. When the growth of fungus happens on the fingernails or toenails, it is known as onychomycosis or tineaunguium. Here are the probable causes of why you might get a fungal nail infection:
- Problems in your circulatory system
- Artificial nails
- Swim in public pools
- Nail injuries
- Skin injuries surrounding the nail
- Fingers or toes which have been moist for an extended period of time
- Immune system problems
- Wearing shoes which have toes enclosed
It is also worth note that fungal infections happen much more frequently in your toenail as compared to your fingernail. This is because of two main reasons. The first reason is that fungi can grow very easily on your toenails because of the position. Your shoes are dark, warm and moist and therefore, perfect for the growth of fungi. The second reason for more fungal infections on your toe nails as compared to your fingernails is because toes have less blood flow than fingers, thus making it harder for the immune system to fight off the infection.
Fungal infections in your nails are one of the easier infections to diagnose. This is because there are several symptoms which indicate you have this condition. Here are those symptoms.
- Scaling underneath your skin
- White or yellow streaks on your nails
- Corners of the nail may crumble
- Flaky surface of the nail
- Yellow spots at the bottom of the nails
- Loss of nail
- A nail breaking off from the rest of the nails
- An odor from the nail
- Brittle or thick nails
It's that time of the years again when you have to add the candles over your cake. only this time you've reached an age when you are wondering how many should you actually put there. Aging tends to catch up with us all, or does it? How do some people continue looking like a million bucks while others end up looking twice their age? There are several beauty and anti-aging products in the market that promise to renew you youth and wipe of the years from your face. Before you try those, take time out to try out these tips to slow aging.
To slow down aging is not only about looking young but also feeling young and having a longer, more enjoyable quality of life. A healthier and better you is definitely a younger you. Here's how you can get there:
- Water is the secret sauce: We've heard it a hundred times that having 8 glasses of water a day can do us good but this is one reason that is going to get you running to that jug in your kitchen much faster. Human body s made of 60% water and it is a key ingredient to keep our organs functioning smooth. It'll improve your digestive system, keep your bowels running up and smooth, help flush out toxins from the body and improve the moisture content in your skin which in turn will keep it soft and supple. The trick is to also know when to have water. Starting your day with a couple of glasses of luke warm water and never have it with your meals.
- Live happier: Life is a constant struggle. From unexpected changes to life-altering moments, we constantly face stress, tension and sometimes depression. Those who we know living a happy life also face the same situations. The difference is how they choose to find happiness despite facing adversities. Stress speeds up the aging process. When you are stressed, it creates an imbalance of hormones causing collateral damage. To cut down stress, spend more time doing things that make you happy. Choose a hobby like painting or stress busters like yoga and exercise.
- Eat fruits & vegetables: It is important to eat the right serving of fruits and vegetables daily, as they are rich source of vitamins and minerals and protect your skin from free radicals and cellular damage. From cucumber and tomato to fruits like papaya, each provides it own set of exfoliating benefits, which firm up your skin, improve your complexion, get rid of fine lines and slow down aging naturally.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Soap vs hand wash- what should you wash your hands with?
You might be using both - soaps and hand washes, without understanding what is better for your hands. But you may still not be sure as to what to use for washing your hands. Here's a lowdown on these two.
1. Moisturising aspect
Bar soaps not only wash away dirt but also reduce the moisture content of your skin. Soaps that act as deodorants strip away important oils, giving rise to instances of skin irritation. Furthermore, most bar soaps tend to have higher ph levels with very few on the lower side. Liquid soaps or hand washes, on the other hand, come with moisturisers that prevent your skin from becoming very oily or dry.
2. Presence of bacteria
Due to its reusable nature, bar soaps may be home to a number of bacteria. But since the organisms get rinsed off with the suds, it is improbable that bacteria will get transferred to your hands. The pump or squeeze mechanisms of hand washes reduce the chances of you coming in contact with bacteria.
3. Exercise of control in its use
With bar soaps, you tend to waste less as you stop applying soap on your body once you see lather forming. This does not happen with hand washes, the latter gets used a lot as you may not know the right amount of use, and end up squeezing out more than the you need.
Whether you prefer to use soaps or hand washes, it's a matter of personal choice. Depending on your needs, you can opt for either of the two. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A normal human being loses 50 to 100 hairs on a daily basis, but it doesn’t make thinning of scalp hair noticeable because new hair is growing in at the same time. Visible hair loss occurs when the cycle of hair shedding and growth is disrupted or when the hair follicle is damaged and scar tissue is formed.
Hair loss can be attributed to four main factors, namely heredity, changes in hormones, medical conditions and finally medication. The hereditary condition known as pattern baldness is the most common reason of hair loss. It occurs gradually and with a receding hairline and bald spots in predictable patterns in men and thinning hair in women. Heredity dictates the age when one begins to shred hair, extent of baldness and finally the rate of hair loss. Among men, pattern baldness is common whereas in women, hair loss occurs in form of thinning of hair.
Hair loss can also be triggered by hormonal changes and imbalances during pregnancy, childbirth, onset of menopause and thyroid problems. Patchy hair loss or alopecia areata occurs when the human body's immune system attacks and damages hair follicles causing hair loss and leaves behind smooth bald patches on the skin. Scalp infection like ringworm leads to scaly patches and hair loss. Skin disorders like lichen planus, sarcoidosis and trichotillomania causes people to have an irresistible urge to pull out their hair, whether it's from the scalp or other areas of the body.
Excessive use of hairstyling tools like iron curlers and products like gels, mousse, sprays and colours damage the hair and prolonged usage can hamper its growth. Hairstyles which pulls one’s hair tight like pigtails or cornrows cause traction alopecia. Hot oil hair treatments cause inflammation of hair follicles leading to hair loss.
Medicated drugs for arthritis, depression, cancer, hypertension and even birth control increase the rate of hair loss. As the hair is made of keratin which is a protein, if one has a protein deficiency, then the chances are that the hair will be brittle. Crash dieting and losing a lot of weight too quickly has an adverse effect on hair growth, because these diets deprives body of essential nutrients which impact hair growth.
Psoriasis and Diabetes responsible for loss of hair. Diabetes affects the body’s circulatory system due to which less amount of nutrients and oxygen reach the feet and the scalp areas due to which the hair follicles get damaged. Psoriasis is a skin disease which affects the scalp and hair follicles leading to red bald patches.
If one notices thinning of hair, it is best to get checked for any underlying condition which could be causing the hair loss.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Thinning of hair and bald spots can be caused by a number of factors. Just as you can ‘erase’ wrinkles with cosmetic surgery, today, you can ‘fill’ bald spots with hair transplants. Hair transplants are a type of surgery which transplate hair follicles from one area to another. There are two types of hair transplant surgery; Follicular Unit Strip Surgery (FUSS) and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE).
Follicular Unit Strip Surgery involves the removal of a 6-10” piece of skin from the back of your head. This is because the back of your head is genetically resistant to balding. This is then divided into thousands of tiny grafts each with a few strands of hair on them. For a Follicular Unit Extraction, the doctor will pluck individual hair follicles from the back of your head while you are under anesthesia. This can be done in a single session or multiple sessions depending on the amount of hair follicles needed and the surgeons’ experience. These are then prepared into grafts. The surgeon will then make holes or slits in the bald spot that is to be filled and carefully place one graft in each slit. Finally the scalp is bandaged. This process can take anywhere between 4-8 hours.
- Don’t worry, if you begin to see the transplanted hair fall out after 2-3 weeks. This is normal and will be followed by new growth in a few months. You may require a hair growing drug to improve hair growth rate after a hair transplant surgery. You should be able to see dense hair growth within 10-11 months.
- A hair transplant is not as painless as other forms of cosmetic surgery. Most patients require pain medication for several days after the surgery. Your scalp will feel very tender for the next few days and you may also require anti inflammatory drugs. However, you should be able to get back to work within a week.
- There are minimal risks associated with this procedure. In some cases, the patient may experience hair fall from the area where the transplant was taken. This is usually temporary and is known as ‘shock loss’. There may also be slight inflammation when the new hair follicles emerge. This can be effectively treated with antibiotics.
- A hair transplant surgery does not guarantee that your hair will stop falling. Hence, in some cases, you may need to undergo the procedure again to hide bald spots.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I need a laser treatment for permanently hair removing on my chest How much does it cost? This treatment have any side effects to health?
Whiteheads and blackheads are a type of mild acne. These occur when dead skin cells accumulate on your skin pores. They are also known as ‘comedones’. Blackheads appear like black spots on your face, and are often mistaken for dirt. Whiteheads are more stubborn than blackheads and they might be accompanied by tiny spots called papules or pustules. Since both blackheads and whiteheads are a milder type of acne, they should be promptly treated before the bacteria in the acne proliferate. The skin can worsen and cause post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, or acne marks. This can cause serious discoloration of the skin.
1. A treatment comprised of advanced peels is usually recommended. The treatment also covers what diet you should follow and gives detailed instructions to further prevent acne. One of the peels involved in the treatment is a natural acetic acid peel, which treats whiteheads and blackheads. The peel has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It also contains potassium iodide and ‘jasmonic’ acid which ensures skin regeneration and exfoliation.
2. The other kind of treatment involves a thorough therapy comprising of the following stages:
- Cleansing: Skin inflammation are reduced with a blend of antioxidant teas.
- Massaging: Before the blackheads extraction can be started, your skin will be massaged to prepare for the procedure.
- Mask: A mask will be applied next on your face, and then the extraction process will begin.
- Toning: Either a tea blend or salicylic acid will be used to unclog pores and control extra oil.
- Mud Mask: A mud mask made from sea minerals and ‘ichthammol’ is applied to absorb oil and prevent breakouts in the future.
- Calming Mask: This type of mask contains both tea blends and buttermilk. It soothes and calms the skin.
- Hydration: Microalgae control extra oil, while reducing flakiness and dryness, thus hydrating your skin. It also contains zinc oxide, which reduces redness and mattes the skin.
Additionally, experts will provide you skincare products that you can use at home after the clinical treatment is over. This ensures future breakouts don’t occur and you skin remains beautiful and clear. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.