Lybrate.com has top trusted Urologists from across India. You will find Urologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Chandrakanta Kar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Chandrakanta KarYour feedback matters!
I am a 29 year old male, I have noticed that occasionally I feel stinging sensation at tip of my urethra while urinating , I also noticed burn like marks inside tip of my urethra , please advice if it is anything to worry about.
Can drinking water with lemon prevent kidney stones? Also, I have been told not to drink city water. What is the best water to drink?
Sir may I know what is garde 1 prostate and doctor said that it was early state of BPH and using urimax 0.4 tab May I know what is bph sir.
I am a diabetic traced just 3 months back using allopathic suffering from frequent urination and tingling feet even though the sugar levels are under control in random test is128 pl suggest me good homoeo medicine please.
I'm a kidney patient. Can I eat vegetables like tomato, potato, Brinjal, lady's finger etc. My bp is on a higher side and uric acid level is 8.2. Creatinine level is 1.58. Can you suggest a kidney friendly diet ?
I'm 69 yrs old. I'm taking urimax for bladderneck obstruction. I've to stop taking urimax for 10 days before cataract surgery. Should I take any alternative medicine during that period?
Please prescribe medications for treatment of fissure. Pilokem ointment is used and she is feeling bit relief. Intense pain with burning. No blood while passing stools. My mothers age is 60.
Chronic kidney disease also known as chronic renal disease is a form of kidney disorder where renal function is progressively lost over a long period. This disease has got unspecific symptoms and includes loss of appetite, feeling unwell, etc. People with high blood pressure or diabetes are more likely to have CKD. This disease leads to other complications, such as cardiovascular disease, anaemia and pericarditis.
Homeopathy is an ideal and effective form of treatment for chronic kidney diseases. Homeopathy is natural and tries to correct all the underlying causes of the condition. General symptoms and constitutional indications are considered in homeopathy before choosing the best medicine. Here is a list of several homeopathic medicines, which are used to treat chronic kidney diseases, along with the symptoms in case of which they are used.
- Apis mellifica: This homeopathic medicine is not used in acute forms of CKD. Symptoms of this type include oedematous swelling on the face, paleness, headaches, pain in the back and limb, oedema pulmonum, etc. It is used when there are dull aches in the kidney, reduced urination and micturition. The urine contains albumen in high levels and blood corpuscles. Eruption of the skin occurs, and the patient feels drowsy.
- Arsenicum: This medicine is used in all stages of CKD and is one of the best remedies. It is used in later stages of the disease when the patient's skin becomes pale, and he develops a waxen appearance, excess thirst and diarrhoea. The shade of the urine is dark and full of albumen. Dyspnoea attacks are also observed while lying down during the night. Taking aconite produces a mucus and the patient gets relief.
- Aurum muriaticum: This homeopathic medicine is used to cure renal diseases such as morbus brightii caused from a gout or from syphilis. Digestive and nervous problems are indicated along with great irritability. Vertigo may also be caused.
- Belladonna: Belladonna is the ideal homeopathic remedy for treating inflammation of the kidneys accompanied by piercing or burning pain in the lumbar region of the kidney. The pain reappears repeatedly with increased intensity each time.
- Cantharis: This homeopathic cure is used in nephritis. There is a cutting pain in the lumbar region, the urine contains blood and the flow is in the form of drops. Cantharis is used in post diphtheric kidney disorders with dropsy.
- Conavallaria: Conavallaria is used in case of nephritis occurring due to heart disorders. It is used when the heart functions irregularly and also in anasarca and ascites because of mitral insufficiency.
Homeopathic medicines are very efficient for the treatment of chronic kidney diseases. There are homeopathic cures for all types of renal diseases. It is always adviced to consult a professional homeopath before taking any medications.
Will you please tell name of decease & further treatment according to test reports 1) LFT, LIPID PROFILE are normal, 2) HBsAg = REACTIVE, 3) URINE MICRAL = NEGATIVE, 4) HBV, DNA (QUANTITATIVE) 474 IU/ML (log10 value 2.68 IU/ML) 5) HBeAg = NEGATIVE, 6) All general blood & urine reports are normal.
I have pain in my anus from last 2-3 days 1st day was very painful When I go to bathroom it increases and also having loss motion.
Chronic Kidney Disease (also known as Chronic Renal Failure) is the progressive loss of kidney function occurring over a span of several months to several years and is characterised by the replacement of kidney architecture with nonfunctional fibrotic shrunken tissue. Chronic kidney disease is classified into five stages on the basis or proteinuria (presence of protein in large amounts in the urine) or Glomerular Filtration Rate (GFR) 1 being the mildest with no distinct symptoms and 5 being end stage renal failure.
Causes and Risk Factors of Chronic Kidney Disease
The various reasons (called risk factors) that can increase chances of Chronic Kidney Diseases are:
- Diabetes mellitus, hyperlipidemia (excess fat proteins in the blood)
- Family history heritable renal disease
- Older age smoking
- Autoimmune disease
- Past episodes of acute renal disease
- Kidney Stones
- Excessive self-medication especially pain killers
The direct causes of Chronic Kidney Diseases are:
- Diabetic nephropathy (leading cause)
- Hypertensive nephropathy Glomerulonephritis (swelling of the glomerulus in the kidneys)
- Reno-vascular disease (ischemic nephropathy)
- Polycystic kidney disease
- HIV-associated nephropathy
- Transplant allograft failure
- Exposure to drugs and toxins
Diet that you must maintain in Chronic Kidney Disease:
It is essential to make dietary as well as lifestyle amends once you are diagnosed with CKD. The main purpose of this diet is to maintain the levels of carbohydrates, fluids and minerals. This is done to prevent the buildup of waste products in the body as the kidneys are unable to fulfil its function properly. It is recommended to refer a dietician who can make you a diet chart that helps you adhere to your diet.
Here is a list of food items that you may avoid or may consume if you are suffering from Chronic Kidney Disease:
- Carbohydrates: Carbohydrates are a good source of energy. If the intake of protein has been restricted, then it is recommended to replace that with carbohydrates as a source of energy. Fruits, vegetables, grains and bread can be consumed as they are rich source of fibres, minerals and various types of vitamins. You can indulge in some hard candies or sweets as well.
- Fats: Fats can provide a good amount of calories as well. Ensure that you only stick to healthy fats such as the monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats that are good for your cardiac health.
- Reduce your phosphorus intake: A diet with no more than 800 mg of phosphorus can help reduce the risk of too much phosphorus building up in your blood. Limit intake of foods with high levels of phosphate or phosphate additives such as organ meats, whole grain breads, processed foods, cola beverages, cheese, dried beans, liver, peanut butter, dairy products and chocolate. Many beverages and processed foods have these additives. Other high-phosphorus foods to limit include:
- Ice cream
- Monitor your potassium levels: Usually, potassium is not restricted in stage 3 CKD unless lab tests show potassium is too high. Your doctor may make medication changes or prescribe a low-potassium diet. Reduce an elevated potassium level by limiting some high-potassium foods and potassium chloride (found in salt substitute and many low-sodium processed foods). Some high-potassium foods to limit or avoid include:
- Honeydew melon
- Dried fruit
- Nuts and seeds
- Oranges and orange juice
- Pumpkin and winter squash
- Tomato products (juices, sauces, paste)
- Proteins: Usually, before undergoing dialysis, it is recommended to adhere to a low-protein intake diet. However, when you are undergoing dialysis, it is necessary to consume a certain amount of class one high-quality protein like nonvegetarian, paneer, soyabean, mushroom. This detailed information can be obtained from your dietician.
- Fluids: In the early stages of CKD, your fluid intake is not monitored. But as the disease progresses, you need to check your intake of fluids as too much fluids may accumulate in your body and create swelling in your legs and cause pressure on your lungs and heart.
- Sodium Or salt intake: Keeping a check on your salt intake reduces the risks of high blood pressure. Also, having food low on salt can reduce your thirst and prevent fluid retention in your body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a nephrologist.