Lybrate.com has top trusted Acupuncturists from across India. You will find Acupuncturists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Acupuncturists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Chanchal BatraYour feedback matters!
Is it ok to donate blood if esr and crp is high? My current esr is 45 mm and crp is 39.2. My blood group is o negative and I have a spondylitis back problem.
I doing a gym daily basis for last 3months but no weight gain in my body. My trainer tell me to take supplement. Its a right or wrong.
Is there any supplement for improving running stamina. If so then please suggest me what to do so that I can qualify a race of 1600m in 6: 30 min.
I WANT TO JOIN GYM WHAT TYPE OF FOODS SHOULD I TAKE DOCTOR Help me please What are the advantages of doing of gym.
I want to increase my weight because I am thin, I am practiced so much for increase my weight but not effect yet. Please suggest me full day diet chart to increase my weight, I will carry your suggestion please suggest me seriously diet plans. I am really serious about this.
Hi doctor,i am 33 years old from Kolkata. My weight is 100 Kg and I have lots of thing Like Fasting Sugar 131, PP sugar 170, glycosylated hemoglobin 7.78 (HBA1C), Sr. Triglycerides 188, VLDL 37.6 and UACR 40mg/g. I can not do regular exercise because of my daily tight schedule. Kindly suggest some best way to get control on these things. Thanks in advance ---
Since one year I was trying to improve my body in that process I ate so much of food contains fats but still no improvement what should I do.
The human body stands on the foundation made in the framework of bones. If bones are strong and healthy, you get the additional support to lead a healthy life, go through daily and rigorous activities, and participate in all such events and things which challenge your strength and balance. Most importantly, you get the confidence to go on. But when bones are weak, decayed, depleting, or getting porous, affected from diseases, your whole system may collapse due to its effects, or you may get partially handicapped. Pains and sufferings automatically come with the bone diseases. Hence, to know how to protect your bones from the deadly diseases, and the most common and devastating one, which is Osteoporosis, read on.
The growth and life of bones
Bones are living tissues in the body, which keep on growing, and cells keep on multiplying, regenerating, and replace old and dead cells with new ones. When the natural rhythm is maintained you are safe from bone diseases and have healthy bones.
The frequency of bone diseases and Osteoporosis
Every year almost 1.5 million people from around the world suffer from bone fractures, and the most likely reason for this among people over thirties is osteoporosis.
What is Osteoporosis?
Bone cell structure under the microscope is a mesh network, where the cells are joined together to form a smart network of support. In Osteoporosis, the bones stop growing or get depleted. Due to any of the two reasons which may again be induced by other factors, the holes between the mesh formed by bone cells grow bigger. As a result, the bones lose density, mass and strength, and get into such a state that they may collapse under normal pressure anytime. This is more common in women who lose calcium (an important ingredient for healthy bones) after their thirties.
How to keep your bones healthy and fight Osteoporosis?
The best thing you can do to prevent osteoporosis is:
- Monitor diet to see that your body gets important bone forming ingredients like vitamin D, calcium, and phosphorus
- Do regular exercises to keep fit and promote blood circulation through bones
- Get a health checkup done every few years to ensure your bones are okay
If you get a fracture easily or pain in the bones, you may be suffering from osteoporosis and must arrange for diagnosis and treatment as soon as possible to prevent further weakening of the bones.
I love eggs ! I can eat for all the meals daily. But I eat only 4 eggs a week as I am over 60 and I am obese and have suffered a mild stroke and a mild heart attack. These white broiler eggs are better the the country foul or the brown skin eggs and how many can I eat in a week?
I have swelling on my knee and can't fully put weight on my injured leg as it pains in backside of knee suggest so that swelling goes.
I'm 18 years old. My weight is 54kg I want to build my body, and I want to increase my weight. So you pls give any good suggestion.
I am suffering from deficiency that I have less blood in my body so please can you suggest me a medicine to gain blood as soon as possible.
If it is unhealthy to store & drink water from plastic bottles then which utensils, I mean of what material, should be used to store & drink water?
I am 20 year old girl and I am not able to gain weight. I am 5'8 n very thin. I am not even able to eat much n even if I eat somehow still I won't gain any weight. Please help.
I am bit skinny guy but I want body. So please tell something to improve my body by normal food habit.
When you get a compliment, 'smart thinking or you are intelligent or that was intelligent of you', you definitely feel good. These comments fill us with confidence, admiration and pride and we want it to happen to us again and again. But owing to a busy schedule and long working hours it might not be possible. Having said this, it does not mean that a person cannot stay intelligent throughout. This can be easily achieved by regular meditation. Regular meditation and yoga helps the mind to be more reflective and efficient.
Here are reasons how yoga and meditation lead to an intellectual learning and growth:
- Utilizes the brain: Almost everyone uses one half of their brain more and this leads to imbalance. Meditation is believed to sync the left and the right hemispheres, thereby allowing neural connection and great processing power. When logical left and creative right brains start working in harmony, then solving problems becomes easy; and it also increases creativity, deep thinking comes to be known of and concentration and focus magnifies. Highly successful people usually display whole brain synchronization.
- Functional capabilities of brain enhance due to meditation: Research backs it that meditation increases the gray matter thickness of the brain regions, thus making the brain smarter, bigger and faster. This is very similar to doing physical exercise which makes the muscles denser and stronger. The increase in Functional Capabilities of brain is based on the concept of neuroplasticity, which states that our intelligence is not based on genetics and there are some things which can be done to improve the way our brain works. Meditation is a good brain enhancer with an ability to increase intelligence.
- Beneficial brainwave patterns can be seen: Meditation can help to guide the brainwaves into beneficial frequencies. The frequencies: alpha, theta and delta when guided can show case a myriad of benefits including idea generation, creativity, cognitive functioning, and intellectual capacity. Meditation helps to transform these beneficial states of mind and help boost the IQ.
- Develops intuition and insights: These are generally obtained through listening and developing to the inner voice. Thus meditation forms to be the basic key to tap these latent abilities. The intelligence can be mapped through tests and quizzes and is valuable at each level to stimulate insights and creativity. As per some people, inner intelligence, is considered to be the most important and best success in the world. Successful people including Steve Jobs have stated that their super revolutionary ideas and business acumen came through their intuition.
- Meditation helps in improving both short and long term memory: The key memory areas hippocampus and frontal lobe show increase in activity during meditation. By stimulating these areas, the short and long term memories are improved.