Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
A chipped or knocked out tooth can be a very painful condition. Tooth injuries are most often caused during a sports activity or when you take a nasty fall. And such accidents can hamper your general well-being, your ability to enjoy food, your appearance and your precious smile.
Different types of tooth injuries:
- A minor chip: A minor tooth fracture usually involves chipping of the enamel only
- A major chip: A deeper fracture can involve chipping of both the enamel and the dentin of a tooth
- A serious fracture that exposes the nerve and blood vessels in the centre of the teeth
- A fully displaced teeth: Here the tooth is forced upward, downward or to the side
- A knocked off teeth: One that lands in your hand or shatters in the ground after impact
- Trauma injuries: A more serious accident that involves head, neck and facial trauma
- Wear and tear: Cavities or chewing and biting on hard objects like pencils, ice cubes, or hard chocolates can also lead to tooth injury
- Fighting the fight: When 'I'll break your teeth' ceases to be an empty threat
How are tooth fractures treated?
Treatment depends on the extent of your fractures. A knocked out teeth can be re-implanted in many cases. A permanent tooth that is re-implanted within 30 minutes has the highest chance of success. Here's what you can do to save your tooth:
- Collect your broken tooth: Carefully collect the tooth fragments to not cause any additional damage which may prevent re-implantation. Avoid touching the root part of the tooth. Wash it gently in lukewarm water and keep it in a small bowl of milk. Avoid scrubbing or scraping to remove dirt.
- Reinsert your teeth if possible: Once you rinse your teeth, try to reinsert your teeth in the cavity. This may be a painful exercise, so proceed only if you think you can bear through it. You can store it between your cheek and gum to prevent drying or in a bowl of whole milk.
- Take care of yourself: If there is bleeding, give your mouth a good rinse to clear off the blood that is blocking the view. Identify the source of bleeding and press in with a sterile gauze or cloth.
- Give yourself a treat: This is a great way to get your mind off the pain and works wonders for children. Treat yourself with an ice lolly/ frozen pop to ease out the pain. If there is any cut on your gums or lips, another equally tasty home remedy is to cover it with sugar which will temporarily stop the bleeding and the sweetness will help you to forget the pain for the time being.
- Go to a dentist: Even if it is a minor chip, it is always advisable to see a dentist, as the cut may be sharp and can eventually end up hurting your tongue.
Your teeth need to last your lifetime, so take good care of them, especially when faced with an injury.
Hi. I am 25 male. 2days ago I am fall down on a concrete slap. Its hit at the lower portion of my mouth. Now I can't open my mouth properly. When trying start pain in my lower jow.� teeth are also slidely broke. Please help me. What can I do?
I have pain in my tooth since last 5-6 days the doctor asked me to remove the wisdom tooth and after that also if the pain persists then she will do root canal treatment. The pain is is in the 2nd last tooth on the right side of the Lower jaw.
I have a dental problem. Blood is bleeding from the teeth. What is the solution for this problem. Give me suggestions please.
My mother has a broken teeth inside gum and suffer from pain since two days. Due to this she also has sensitivity problem towards hot and cold. What could she do.
My child is 9 yers old and he has cavity in his teeth when he is 3 years old. Ihave seen a no. Of doctors in ranchi (jharkhand)some doctors say me to remove the teeth and some say the cavity teeth will broke don' t tension about it can u suggest me what to do now?
Q: I'm suffering from mouth ulcers and sometimes pain in throat while drinking or eating or swallowing the saliva. Will this be due to some allergy or what may be the reason? My mom also faces mouth ulcers frequent than me. Please help.
My father is a tobacco addict. His gums become dilute n ulcers came to his mouth 2 days ago. He had some fever n he is having constipation. He said that he stops chewing tobacco thereafter he is having all these problems because of change. Is that possible. I think that he is hiding something. Maybe ulcers came first and then he leaves tobacco. What should we do to confirm that it is not a serious problem like mouth cancer. Suggest me some test or where can we have those test or any other mean for confirmation.
The antibiotic tetracycline causes gray teeth in children whose teeth are still developing. Antibacterial mouthwashes that contain chlorhexidine or cetylpyridinium chloride can also stain teeth. Some antihistamines, antipsychotic drugs, and blood pressure medications cause tooth stains, as can iron and excess fluoride. If bleaching doesn't help, ask your dentist about dental bonding, in which a tooth-colored material is applied to teeth.