Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Bharti MinochaYour feedback matters!
I and my boyfriend had sex on 14th August and there was no ejaculation of serum in my vagina. Actually my periods should be on 24th August but there was a delay in my periods till today. Even I had my pregnancy test and it was shown negative result. Then what is the reason for delay of period? Is that because of stress or Should I wait for sometime! what is the medicine to be taken for unnatural periods? And also I have a problem like an infection in vagina I feel like itching and white discharge of fishy smell. What does that indicate? Is that harmful? Or should have a medicine for that also? If so what medicine is to be taken?
My sisterinlaw has 24 year old. She has leucorhea problem. Her period are normal for 4 days but spotting continue for 4 or5 days. It is normal or have any problem. And starting days are painful.
I had a child and we are planning to next children but I want gap 5 years so tell me any birth control process.
Most people are aware that smoking is bad for their health. Smoking is linked to cancer, heart disease, respiratory disease, and a host of other illnesses.
What men might not know, however, is that smoking can also lead to erectile dysfunction (ed). Studies have shown that men who smoke are more likely to develop ed. And the more a man smokes - both quantity and duration of time - the worse his ed tends to be.
The good news is that quitting smoking can help restore erections. Let's look at this relationship more closely.
When a man is sexually stimulated, his brain sends signals to the penis to trigger an erection. Smooth muscle tissue relaxes and arteries widen, allowing the penis to fill with blood. When enough blood flows in, veins constrict to keep it there until the man ejaculates (or the stimulation stops). Then the veins open and blood flows back into the body.
As you can see, blood flow is critical for a good erection. Blood is what gives the penis the firmness needed for sex. When blood flow is compromised, so is the erection.
Smoking tobacco releases chemicals that interfere with this process. This can happen in a few ways.
- Hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis). Chemicals can damage the lining of blood vessels, making it difficult for blood to flow into the penis.
- damage to smooth muscle tissue. When this tissue can't relax properly, blood flow becomes impaired.
- decreased nitic oxide.Smoking interferes with the body's production of nitric oxide, a compound needed for erections.
- Other health conditions, like diabetes and heart disease, can contribute to ed, too. If you're having erection problems, it's important to have a full checkup with your doctor. But quitting smoking definitely, can't hurt.
Quitting smoking should make you feel better overall. You'll feel good about yourself knowing that you've taken an important step toward better health - and possibly better sex!
So you have just found out that you are pregnant and you and your partner are over the moon about it! While congratulations are in order, so are a host of tips, which will help you settle into the pregnancy. It is important to remember that the first trimester of your pregnancy is a crucial phase where you may not change that much physically, but will be prone to many emotional changes. It is also a phase where you will make way for the changes that will inevitably come in the next two trimesters and for a long time after delivery of the baby too. Read on to unravel our first trimester guide.
- Pregnancy Test: You must ensure that you know you are pregnant by monitoring your menstrual cycles closely so that even one missed period points at the possibility of pregnancy. This test can be a home based kit available at the chemists' or can even be conducted with a lab test based on a urine sample. Despite the results that you may get on a home pregnancy test, it is best to get a professional opinion as well.
- Finding the Right Doctor: In this phase of your pregnancy itself, it is imperative to home in on a gynaecologist who will put you ease. Take care to pick someone who may be recommended by family and friends. Have a talk with the doctor a few times to see how well he or she engages you as a patient and if you are suitably convinced with the sessions and appointments.
- Activity: While heavy activities may not be recommended by all doctors as the foetus needs to latch on, one can indulge in plenty of walks and a normal routine as well. Ensure that your pregnancy is a normal one and ask your doctor about any precautions that you may need to take with the progressing trimesters. Also, find ways to deal with any morning sickness with the help of the doctor.
- Supplements: In this crucial phase, ensure that your doctor gives you plenty of folic acid supplements that you must ingest on a regular basis. This will keep any risk of neural tube birth defects at bay.
- Other Medications: Find out more about over the counter drugs or any medication that you may have been taking as this may have to be stopped or adjusted for the pregnancy. The doctor should be able to guide you on this aspect too.
The other activities during the first trimester include taking pre natal appointments and choosing and interacting with your caregiver who will also be a support after you have had the baby.
Related Tip: "First Trimester Pregnancy - What to Expect"
I'm 36 weeks pregnant and had some bleeding 2 days ago. No pain or anything only some amount of bleeding which is mostly dark brown but also dark red. Went to hospital where scan and nst was done. everything was fine with the baby and nothing showed on scan too. Cervix is closed. baby heartbeat is also fine. Vaginal swabs for infection also came out negative. Then after an internal exam my gynae confirmed that i'm having a cervical polyp that is causing bleeding. She says bleeding might continue to some extent but if it increases she might pluck it off. I want to know if my bleeding will stop or it will stay till delivery? Though it is not much but it makes me get really worried. And is it really necessary to pluck it off at this time?
Please can you help me I Have PCOD which affects my menstrual cycle how can I cure that and I have acidity problem too.
Hello doctor, I am 31 years old and I am facing endometriosis problem from the last six years and till now I am not pregnant. I am to going to ivf and doctor did my IUI on 7th March 2017 and gave me susten 200 mg capsule to put in vagina for 15 days. Today is my 15 day and I checked my urine and negative result. My last period came 23rd feb 2017. please clear my doubt that I can be pregnant or not and may I stop susten 200 mg capsule or continue. Any chances of pregnancy or not. If I stop these medicine then when will my period start. Please help me.
I went for scanned and it said the uterus is anteverted and non gravid it measures 69×29×33mm. No myometrial lesion seen. The endometrial stripe is normal thickness. Both ovaries are normal in morphology. Minimal free POD fluid collection is noted the bowel loops are not dilated. The liver spleen and kidneys are normal. CONCLUSION PID wt is the meaning.
One of the major milestones in a woman’s life is the entry into motherhood. For most women, when this does not happen in the natural logical sequence of things, there is anxiety and lot of pressure from family and friends.
However, with advancements now, there are options like intrauterine insemination and in vitro fertilisation (IUI and IVF) available, which can help increase the chances of conception and pregnancy. IVF is where the egg is retrieved from the woman’s womb, fertilised externally and then transplanted back into the uterus where it grows to full term. However, there are always unanswered questions like how long to wait before going for IVF, is it the right procedure for me, etc.
Read on to know to find answers to some of these.
- Maternal age: As a woman reaches 35 and a man reaches 40, the fertility rates drop significantly. The chances that a woman at 35 will conceive is about 20%, which goes down to 5% if the woman is 40. However, this rate can be significantly increased by using IVF. The quality of the egg would gradually deteriorate, and so if a woman is nearing 40, it is better to consider IVF as the ovarian reserve would be optimal with IVF.
- Failed intrauterine insemination: In couples who have problems with the sperm reaching the uterus, intrauterine insemination (IUI) is first attempted. However, if 3 or more attempts of fail, it is time to consider IVF.
- Duration of inability to conceive: While some couples conceive quite promptly in a month or two, most take about 6 to 8 months of unprotected sex to conceive. Therefore, IVF can be an option if you are failing to conceive even after a year. Less than a year, don’t fret. Take it easy and it might just do the trick.
- Medical health: Both the partner’s medical health should be taken into account. Lifestyle changes like smoking, alcohol abuse, drug abuse should be considered, which can account for poor sexual performance and therefore lead to an inability to conceive. Health conditions like diabetes and heart disease can also lead to infertility. Hypothyroidism in women is another thing that must be ruled out, as it often leads to an inability to conceive.
- Sexual problems with the partner: One of the first things to do before going for IVF is to check that the male does not have any issues. Be it erection issues or ejaculation issues or sperm issues, they need to be ruled out. Sperm quality, quantity, and motility have to be analysed, and if they are optimal, IVF can be considered. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I am 45 years old lady. My periods are stopped from this month, I have not undergone sterlisation. Now these days I am taking an ayurvedic medicine. Since 2 years my periods were only for two days. I am in tension please solve my problem. Thanks
Can we inject sperm in vagina by ordinary injection syringe or any other way for pregnancy? Is it safe way or any side effect?
Age 29, unmarried female. .25 days has over, but no means. No chances of pregnancy. Please advice me what should I do?
I am trying for getting pregnant from last one year. My doctor checked me on day 10th after period my left ovary and right ovary shows msf and endometrium size is 8.7 mm also day 13th it shows same. It is helpful me for getting pregnant. Pl. Suggest I am very confused what I do.
Dates were first discovered in 6000 BC in Iraq. Later it travelled throughout the world. Today, dates are found in over 30 varieties in a dry, soft and semi-dry state. This is one of the sweetest fruits found across the globe. They were first known to have healing power.
Later scientists discovered an array of benefits associated with this fruit. Following are the reasons you must eat them:
1. Cholesterol: Dates are known to be a good agent for reducing cholesterol. They have the ability to absorb LDL and increase the level of HDL in the body. Owing to their low fat quantity, they can be consumed in higher quantities without the apprehension of putting on weight.
2. Nervous System: Owing to its high potassium and low sodium content, dates are considered as a wonderful agent for balancing the nervous system. Potassium keeps the risk of heart attack at bay and helps to maintain a smooth blood flow.
3. Digestion: Dates are suggested to be soaked in water and consumed every day for better digestion. People suffering from constipation can get huge relief by consuming 2 dates empty stomach on a regular basis.
4. Weight gain: Dates are extremely flexible in nature. They can help to gain weight owing to their vitamin, sugar and protein content. Dates when consumed with cucumber help to keep weight at the normal level.
5. Improve skin: Dates have multiple good effects on the skin. This, vitamin C and D rich fruit can increase the elasticity and add a glow to your skin. Dates are also an anti-aging agent and do not let melanin accumulate inside the upper layer of the skin. People with dry skin can get it resolved with daily consumption of dates.
6. Bone health: Dates contain essential ingredients such as magnesium, iron, selenium, potassium and manganese. These are all vital components of the bone and joint health. Consuming 3-4 dates per day can ensure a healthy bone. People suffering from arthritis are sure to benefit from this fruit.
7. Hangover fixation: Dates are known to curb inebriation and cure hangover. In order to best use its effect, few dates need to be soaked in water overnight and the outer skin of the dates has to be peeled before consumption.
8. A rich source of vitamin: Dates are a rich source of a number of vitamins that are essential for the body. Apart from B1, B2, B3 and B5, they contain vitamin C and A1. Consuming 3 to 5 dates on a regular basis can not only increase the energy level of a person, but also maintain the overall vitamin rate of the body at the accepted level. Dates are pretty filling in nature owing to their glucose and fructose content. As such they can be consumed as part of the evening snack.