Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Beena Muktesh
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Beena MukteshYour feedback matters!
Being a good parent is a rich and rewarding experience. However, it is not an easy task. It takes a lifetime to feel that one has been a good parent. If you follow a few rules and tips, you can move closer to being one. On one hand, there is a need to pamper your kids, and on the other, there is a need to instill fear and not cross certain boundaries. How to seek balance here? The idea is to instill good values like honesty, kindness, and empathy and at the same time prevent anxiety, depression, mood disorders, and substance abuse.
Read on to know what the experts have to about parenting, keeping in mind the current changes in lifestyle trends.
- Communicate and lead by example: While there are things that a parent tells a child, what is taught through action is far more important. So, if you want a message driven to your child, it is more important to do it, than just talk about it. This will help your kid to do the same the next time he is in trouble and seeks advice on something.
- Pamper within limits: With most parents moving to one child per family, it's a common sight to see parents pampering their children without limits and saying yes to their every want. However, there should be a limit, and the child should know what cannot be provided and what cannot be demanded.
- Replacing time with things: Another change that is sweeping our society is the lack of time among parents. And a big mistake that parents do is to provide things to children where they cannot make time. This is a big mistake, which the child can learn to abuse and demand things not required for him or beyond him.
- Create a balance: A parent should be clear when the child can expect lenience and strictness. This is very essential, else the child will expect lenience for everything. Being sweet all the time isn't the wise thing to do. On the other hand, being strict for everything is not required either. The thing is to let the child know what acts will make you feel happy and which ones will annoy you, so he or she can act accordingly. The child should be clear of both these aspects of the parents.
- Punish when required: It does require a hard heart to do it, but trivial punishments when required should be enforced. It is not the punishment, but the idea that the child can be punished if required. This will encourage your kid to do what's right, and always follow that.
- Be his friend: Different stages of a child’s growth requires different levels of control and empathy. The values that need to be instilled also would be different. A three-year-old should be dealt with differently from a teenager from an adolescent. Grow with them and enjoy the parenting phase. And most importantly, be his or her friend. So that your child always knows whom to rely on. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
I have irregular periods that is 60 and 65 days cycle and I have extra facial growth of hair is der any relation between these and what is the best medicine I could use for this.
The gallbladder is a very important organ in the human body. This is a pear-shaped organ which is used for storing the bile. Bile is a fluid which helps in digesting your food. When the gallbladder does not function well, then hard fragments will form in the gallbladder and they are calledgallbladder stones. The size of these stones differs from person to person. For a few people, they are just the size of a small rice grain and for few, it can be as large as a golf ball.
When gallbladder stones are formed, they will not vanish by themselves. They will cause pain and many other symptoms which are unbearable. You need to consult a doctor and you may have to get the gallbladder removed. This kind of gallbladder removal surgery is called cholecystectomy.
How are gallbladder stones removed?
More than 80 percent of people with gallbladder stones will need a cholecystectomy. This surgery can be performed in two different ways.
- Open gallbladder surgery: In an open gallbladder surgery, a 5-inch incision is made in the abdominal area which is not required for a laparoscopic surgery. Nowadays, people are opting for laparoscopic surgery for any kind of surgery as it is safe, less painful, requires a shorter stay at the hospital and there are fewer scars.
- Laparoscopic gallbladder surgery: In a laparoscopic gallbladder surgery, 4 small incisions are made in the abdominal area. A small tube with a very small camera and light will be inserted into the abdomen through one of the incisions made. Equipment required for the removal of the gallbladder is also inserted through the other incisions and the surgery is performed.
Before performing the laparoscopic gallbladder removal surgery, you will have to undergo a few tests such as blood test, complete physical test, gallbladder imaging tests and a review of your past medical history. After going through the reports of all these tests and checking all other medications that you take, your doctor will decide if you need gallbladder surgery or not.
Post Gallbladder surgery: Post-surgery, you may see some symptoms, but they are rare and mild. One of the common symptoms experienced after the surgery is diarrhea. You can start walking as soon as you start feeling better. But you should talk to the doctor in order to get back to your normal routine.
Regarding your diet, you will have to start with a liquid diet and make sure that you do not take heavy and fatty food. Your body will take some time to get back to digesting a normal diet and hence you will have to take good care.
I was pregnant with no complications. No high bp problem. My doctor put me on ecosprin from 20th week onwards as the uterine artery was raised and it had to be stopped at the end of 34th week. When I stopped the medicine exactly after a week's time you had a pain in lower abdominal. I rushed to the hospital and my baby was already gone as they could not find the heart beat. I need to know why this happens as m worried about next pregnancy. Also, how soon I can try as I had a C-section in Aug.
Please reply I did sex on 13 day after my first day of my period what chances of getting pregnant now I feel hungry lazy and nausea vomiting and in morning I see white milky discharge.
Dealing With the Unbearably Itchy Penis
Every man has one thing in common: At some point in their lives, they have suffered from penile itching. It might have been a fleeting incident where the delicate penis skin just kept itching for no apparent reason. Or it might have been a more serious issue, perhaps with something easy to treat, like jock itch - and the problem was resolved with a little extra attention to penis care.
But for some men, the penile itching becomes totally unbearable - to a point where they can think of little else, and nothing they try will make it go away. That's when the typical itchy penis becomes something more serious.
But what could be causing the unbearably penile itching? Here are a few things that could cause the kind of itching that sends a man straight to the doctor for some relief.
1) Serious infections. Sometimes an infection gets out of control, and that's when the penile itching gets out of control, too. A yeast infection can become serious very quickly, as can jock itch that has been allowed to hang around for a while. These infections can lead to serious itching, and once they are out of control and spread around the wider manhood area, it can take a doctor's prescription to help things get back to normal.
2) Lice, scabies and other bugs. Nobody wants to think about creepy-crawlies on their body, especially not their most intimate areas. But unfortunately, there are several types of bugs that can wind up in the groin area and create an unbearably itchy penis situation. In most cases, these bugs must be eradicated with the proper medications, which means a visit to the doctor to figure out what is going on and get the right treatment.
3) Skin conditions. Some skin conditions can cause an itchy penis. Psoriasis, eczema and dermatitis are the top culprits - these conditions are often hereditary or show up in cycles, so it's important to get checked out by the doctor to figure out which problem it is. Each can have a different treatment.
4) Sexually transmitted diseases. One of the biggest culprits of that awful itch is contracting a sexually transmitted disease from a partner. Fortunately, there are many quick and easy tests for most of these infections, so a quick visit to the doctor can result in the proper treatment starting almost immediately.
5) Allergies. Though this often causes an itchy penis situation that resolves quickly, sometimes it lingers for no apparent reason. That's when a man can look to a rarer allergy cause. For instance, penile itching that results from changing the detergent a man uses on his clothing is easily fixed by simply not using that detergent anymore. But if it persists, the allergy might be sparked by something he eats, a medication he has recently begun taking, or even a place he has started to frequent - such as using new towels at the gym.
6) More serious issues. Sometimes penile itching can become unbearable but there appears to be no clear cause, even after a doctor's visit to get a professional opinion. That's when a guy has to look to other reasons that might be causing the problem. Though it is rare to have issues like penile cancer or melanoma, these things do happen - so an itch that just won't go away deserves another look by a dermatologist to rule out these possibilities.
In the meantime, a man can keep the skin of his penis smooth and supple, thus eliminating dryness and easing the itch. This can be done with a good penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). A guy should look for a crème that contains Shea butter and vitamin E, two ingredients that help ensure the best possible hydration while a man look for the underlying cause of the itchy penis.