Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Beena Muktesh
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Beena MukteshYour feedback matters!
I am married 25 years my marriage on 5/5/2011 due to my study I stay in hostel and come to only holiday every saturday bt didn't want baby my study was 4 yrs in holiday tm by mistake I conceived three tm every year and took medicine unwanted pill now I still stay at home and try to conceive but no effect and have regular sex one tm nd some time two tm bt first april is my lmp but no result I m worried please help.
I have try to sex with my fiyance. I have bleeding blood from my penis. I tried 2 times but both time bleeding blood. What can I do to enjoy sex without bleeding blood from my penis?
Hi, I have almost regular periods. My cycle length is 31 days. It has gone up to 33days and down to 28 days rarely. My last periods started on 8th march. I had unprotected sex on 28th march. Is there any chance I may get pregnant? I am going on a tour on April 2nd and 3rd. If at all I get pregnant, will the tour affect it? I am going to a water theme park. Also I recently had a chemical pregnancy on Jan 18th. Bleeding stopped on Jan 26th. This is my first periods after that. So I am bit concerned. Please advice what I need to do.
Lumps are usually harmless and do not raise serious concerns. However, if the lump persists for more than two weeks, it may be a serious issue. Lumps are categorized based on their place of occurrence and each of them demand separate treatment. Learn the signs of danger related to lumps and take action accordingly.
Reason behind formation of Lumps
Injury is one of the major causes behind lumps. If the lump is painful, one must consult a doctor immediately. There can be various other causes behind lumps, which depend upon its place of occurrence.
- Epidermoid and pilar cysts (sebaceous cysts) appear as small smooth lumps under the surface of one’s skin. Such cysts are non-cancerous, hence, can be treated easily.
- Swollen lymph glands generally occur in neck or in groin or under the armpit. Usually, any infection results in swollen lymph glands. However, in certain cases it may be caused by cancer.
- Skin abscess is a term given to collection of pus. e.g. boils. Symptoms of skin abscess consist of redness and swelling.
- Style or Chalazion causes swelling on the eyelids.
- Lump in the salivary glands happens due to mumps
- Swelling in the thyroid glands may cause lump in the neck region. This lump may encompass the entire third gland or a part of it.
- Breast lumps occur in both men and women. Generally, they do not indicate breast cancer. Any abnormal swelling in the breast must be immediately shown to the doctor.
- Hernia or enlarged lymph gland may result in a lump in the groin.
- If a person experiences swelling in the scrotum, he must immediately consult a doctor.
- Lump in the anus can be caused due to piles. The small vessels engulfing the anus may get swelled piling up more blood than usual. Other than a pile, abscess could also be the reason behind lump.
- Lump on the hand, wrist, finger may occur due to ganglion. Such cysts may develop around joints or tendons.
Signs which indicate you must get your lump checked by a doctor
- If the lump gets hard or firm
- If the lump gets sore
- If the lump gets enlarged
- If the lump doesn’t vanish within few days
- If your body temperature rises more than normal
- If you experience abnormal loss in weight
- If you experience any such abnormalities
- If the lump reappears post removal
If any of the above sign occurs, it is better to consult a doctor and get your lump checked. In most cases, lumps are harmless and non-cancerous. But it is better to take precaution.
For any specific problem or for any further discussion, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
What is the best food for pregnant, and some old persons suggested that egg is harmful to pregnant as well as to child. It's correct or not?
Yoghurt is a dairy product that is produced when milk is fermented by certain bacteria. Yoghurt is also a probiotic food as it contains a host of good bacteria that help in improving the digestive system of your body. Yoghurt not only provides a good supply of proteins but also contains essential vitamins and minerals, which is one of the many reasons why it should be a part of your daily diet. Besides that, yoghurt has many other health benefits, which are -
1. It prevents osteoporosis. Osteoporosis is a disorder of the bone that is linked with calcium and vitamin D levels in the body. Yoghurt is a good source of both calcium and vitamin D and helps in improving the health of the bones in your body.
2. It reduces chances of high blood pressure. Yoghurt helps in reducing blood pressure as it as it is rich in potassium, and potassium is known to lessen the effect sodium has on your body. This by-product of milk is also low-fat dairy.
3. It is a probiotic contribute to weight gain. Yoghurt contains bacteria culture that is good for the digestive tract and helps in preventing many diseases such as colon cancer, bowel disorders and constipation.
4. It decreases chances of infections in the vagina. Regular consumption of yoghurt reduces chances of vaginal infections as it reduces the pH levels in the vagina.
5. Helps in feeling fuller. Yoghurt helps in feeling fuller due to its high protein content. The protein present also helps in maintaining the muscles in the body.
6. Improves brain functioning. Yoghurt contains vitamin B12 that helps in providing energy and improving the functioning of the brain.
7. Yoghurt contains iodine. Iodine is an important nutrient that helps in improving the functioning of the thyroid gland. Yoghurt supplies the body with iodine, which helps in preventing metabolic disorders that result from problems in the thyroid gland.
8. Helps in curing cold. The good bacteria present in yoghurt help in preventing the common cold. Not only that, they also help in recovering from respiratory infections.
25/M hello doctors . I take soya milk almost everyday . Around 300 ml each day. I have heard that soya milk is bad for male fertility and reproduction . I have also heard that it is good for the body as it is rich in proteins . Please clear my confusion on this .
Dear Sir my marriage is one and half year passed but I don't having child. So please help me what I do?
I am little bit confusion whether I got pregnancy or not why because regular period is not coming in this month since last sevendayds and we tested with some pregnancy kits it shows one line appeared clearly (line C) and another line appeared slightly (line T) and other thing is I got back pain in these days so I am feat that my pregnancy will retain or not because of my back pain. So please clarify the above.
My wife is pregnant since 6 weeks and her last missed period date is March 8 and her last period date is Feb 8. I wanted know how many month of pregnancy is this and when the scanning should be taken?
I want to plan for a baby but on hsg fimbrial blockage has been detected what treatment will be best.
I had a ectopic pregnancy last year. And laparoscopy surgery was done. Doctors say that they diet harm the tubes. But after that my weight is continuously gaining. I have never crossed 53 kg . But now I am 59. I am doing little diet on my own. And brisk walk for 40 mins. Still there is no effect. Please suggest. Is iy due to surgery or os there any hormonal imbalance?
Before coming periods feeling like cramps and heaviness and back pain. Is this symptoms is similar to early pregnancy. Before missed periods?
Hi doctor Can swimming delay periods? Last time we were stressing over late periods but they came 6 days late but lasted 3 days then one day gap and again bleed again. Started swimming first time and body had no previous routine of this much exercise .Had no sex after last periods .can I still be pregnant .last time we had sex was before her 3 to 4 days lasting periods which were s little strange but they came .we are already 7 days late this time no pain and no symptoms of pregnancy .can she be pregnant? Please help .how can we bring periods before they are coming please help.
During the natural course of events, a women's body starts its reproductive phase with menarche and at about 50 years of age, attains menopause. This is when the reproductive function ceases and the ovaries stop producing the hormone estrogen and progesterone. In some cases, for various reasons including medical, the ovaries stop functioning earlier, and this is medically termed early or premature menopause. Menopause that occurs before 40 years of age is termed premature menopause; it is due to primary ovarian insufficiency and occurs in 1% of the women. If it occurs between 45 to 50 years, it is termed early menopause.
Effects: Estrogen and progesterone have a lot of beneficial effects on a women's body. Reduction in their levels leads to some of the below changes:
- Emotional changes like mood swings, irritability, and in some cases depression, especially in premature menopause.
- Irregular cycles before complete cessation of the menstrual cycles.
- General mucosal dryness leading to vaginal dryness, dry skin, dry eyes.
- There also would be urinary incontinence and reduced sex drive due to reduced hormone levels.
- For women who still would want to have children, infertility would be a big cause for concern. This could lead to other emotional issues, worsening the depression.
- Osteoporosis - Bones lose their density and get weak and are more prone to fracture.
- Cardiovascular health - Post menopause, women are more prone to heart attacks and stroke. Though not fully proven, this is believed to be true as the good role that estrogen plays on blood vessels is negated with menopause.
- Accelerated ageing - Menopause leads to accelerated damage of genetic structures, thereby leading to faster ageing. This also leaves a feeling in the women of being less attractive and less desirable.
There is also a good news, that after menopause women are at lesser risk of cancer - especially breast and ovarian.
It is not easy for women to handle premature menopause. The body undergoes some changes much earlier than expected, and it requires a lot of support and caring and comforting to come to terms with it - especially if associated with infertility or chemotherapy for cancer. Emotional issues of not being able to have children and feeling less attractive require frank talks to boost the person's confidence and increase self-worthiness.
It is easier said than done, but one of the key ways to handle premature menopause is an open discussion. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.