Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Beena Muktesh
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Beena MukteshYour feedback matters!
The amazingly complex herb, ashwagandha, happens to derive its name from the two sanskrit words, "ashwa" and "gandha".It is an exquisite herb, which can significantly cater to your body in more than one way due to its numerous health benefits.
Here are some of the most common advantages and risks of consuming this herb.
- Enhances your brain: Ashwagandha is an antioxidant and helps keeping free radicals at sea, and prevents them from damaging your brain cells.
- Fights emotional imbalances: Sudden emotional imbalances and even more sudden mood swings are probably the biggest and the most imminent problems of the youth today. Ashwagandha cuts out the stress stimuli and has a soothing effect on you, thereby making sure your emotional imbalances do not come in the way of your well being. Ashwagadandha can naturally lower cortisol levels.
- Cures wounds: Ashwagandha is also believed to cure your physical wounds, and a controlled amount of this herb, is believed to save you from one-sided paralysis of your body.
- Is anti- cancerous: Ashwagandha, according to a few studies, acts as an anticancer agent because it helps in slowing down the growth of cancer cells and cancerous tumors.
- Treats insomnia: Ashwagandha has its rejuvenating properties as well, which help in calming your nerves down, relieves you of your stress. It is considered to be an effective tool in treating patients with insomnia.
- Helps in weight loss: Cortisol not only acts as a stress hormone in the body, it can also make you fat. Ashwagandha is known to naturally lower cortisol - the stress hormone.
- Lowers Blood sugar levels: Ashwagandha also potentially decreases fasting blood sugar levels, which means that it may also help to improve glucose metabolism.
But, like every other herb, ashwagandha also has some risk factors associated with it.
- Pregnancy issues: According to a few studies, this herb can have an adverse effect on you if you are a pregnant woman, putting you at the risks of stillbirth. Though there hasn't been much research to back up this fact, it still remains one of the largest concerns during pregnancy.
- Hyperthyroidism: Certain studies claim, that ashwagandha can majorly contribute to hyperthyroidism, although even this, hasn't been proven. So, if you happen to be patient of hyperthyroidism, you should consult a physician before consuming the herb. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
In old days, men were working in farm, women were cooking, taking care of animals, going to farms with food, to bring water and other things she used to walk 4-6 miles per day. These were exercises. Youngsters were playing games like kabbadi, gilli danda, kho-kho etc.
Today, we are not doing much physical work due to comforts. Now car and scooter have become essential. We spend spare time to watch tv and work on pc. These things play important role to increase weight. The sedentary lifestyle and overweight is root cause of diseases and so many other diseases.
Therefore, include the exercise as part of your daily life.
For more information visit: www.akshardiabetescentre.com
Unwanted 72 works within 50 hour of coitus properly? Nd before 3, 4 days before the period. I know period will be irregular but how late it come?
Actually she is pregnant for 2 months. She is feeling very tired. A little pain in her abdomen is always. What to do or not to do please suggest?
Sex ekbar kiya gaya ho, aur agar ladke ka sperm pura andar na jaaye. Toh kiya pregnant ho sakte hai.
My daughter - studying in 10th (ICSC) average in study, exams are on head - but due to one and another reasons - i.e. eating habit, monthly irregular periods and study strees - she is feeling weak now a days - this is what we as parents feel - can u advise us what type of protein / energy / medicine she required at this stage, OR even not required anything ? will be oblige for your timely and helpful suggestion.
Weight loss has become a challenging aspect of human life. As we have adopted the modern lifestyle the threat of gaining weight looms over our head even more than the previous generations. Finding ways to shed some weight is very common, but deciding on the diet part without knowing or understanding the basics of nutrition science is dangerous. Here are some of the harmful effects of self dieting:
Most of the people think that if they eat less they will lose weight which is a myth. You have to eat enough to survive through the day. Once less calories are consumed the body starts getting into starvation mode and it keeps storing essential nutrients more than usual making you look bulky. Slowed metabolism will bring back all the lost weight as you start eating normally.
Starvation diets make you loose muscles and all the weight that you lose is only water weight. Losing muscles is the biggest loss of body. Because muscles give tone to the body. Once there is muscle atrophy, your body will look saggy. Even if you look leaner, without toning the body, you will look older. This is one of the major side effects of doing self dieting.
Loss of menstrual cycle:
Lack of awareness:
It is so important to understand the difference between good and bad carbohydrates. Less carbohydrates lead to less energy and weakness. Only professional intervention for nutrition will result in appropriate weight loss.
The intake of fibre is very essential for smooth bowel movement. Sometimes in self dieting you may deprive yourself of fibre, resulting in constipation.