Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best ENT Specialists online in Gurgaon. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Cold Cough
Treatment of Ear Pain
Treatment of Sneezing
Treatment of Sinusitis
Treatment of Mouth Sores
Treatment of Flu
Treatment of Allergic Rhinitis
Coughing Treatment & Management
Treatment of Hearing Loss
Treatment of Sore Throat
Treatment of Blocked Nose
Treatment of Snoring
Treatment of Stammering
Treatment of Nose Bleed
Treatment of Tinnitus
Treatment of Vertigo
Treatment of Nose Infection
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Glue Ear
Treatment of Sleep Apnea
Submit a review for Dr. Baishali Duarah MehtaYour feedback matters!
I am 46 years old working female. Last to last week I woke up with severe dizziness. I consult with physician he referred me to ENT specialist. Ear Specialist diagnose Vestibule dis balance. What is the treatment of this. Please advised me.
I have problem of head ache and I feel dizziness all time and I face diet problem also what should I do?
I am 33yrs male I quit smoking on 28 of may on 12 th june I got pain in my throat, gums, ears I consulted a doctor first he recommended levosyn along with acimol for few days then aftr four to five days I stopped taking it again the pain resumed now I consulted ent doctor who has prescribed clavam 625 along with lyser for 1 st two days the pain was reduced but now it is back to same so what do you suggest.
What can you do for your cold or cough symptoms? besides drinking plenty of fluids and getting plenty of rest, you may want to take medicines. There are lots of different cold and cough medicines, and they do different things.
Nasal decongestants - unclog a stuffy nose
Cough suppressants - quiet a cough
Expectorants - loosen mucus so you can cough it up
Antihistamines - stop runny noses and sneezing
Pain relievers - ease fever, headaches, and minor aches and pains
Here are some other things to keep in mind about cold and cough medicines. Read labels, because many cold and cough medicines contain the same active ingredients. Taking too much of certain pain relievers can lead to serious injury. Do not give cough medicines to children under four, and don't give aspirin to children. Finally, antibiotics won't help a cold.
Sir mere gale me khichav rhta h m doc ke gya to doc bola akal jaad niklti h us wjhse h or doc ne akal jaad ka xray kiya to wo jaad fsi hui h wo nikl nhi skti. Kya akal jaad ko niklne ka ilaj h.
I am a 24 year male n suffering from a steep pain under my right side moral due to which I have a soar throat on right side with a small round bulge at the site of pain. Every now and then I feel this pain, what should I do?
What are the symptoms of thyroid gland Coz I roommate has a problem if throat, sometime she can't drink water also, but she always wants cold drinks and coldcoffee, I do not know exactly what she is suffering from thyroid or typhoid pls reply me soon.
I am suffering from deviated nasal septum. Suppose to undergo surgery. Can it be done in local anesthesia?
I have a problem related to my throat. I have cold last week after cold my throat got choked like something is there into it.
Hi, I am 14 weeks pregnant,I am suffering from throat infection, I am afraid to take antibiotics tablets at this time. Kindly tell me the home remedies to get rid of this early with out any harmful to me and baby.
It is very common for patients with nasal obstruction to develop clogged ear as well. The back of the nose opens into a tunnel also known as the Eustachian tube. This tube goes up to the ear. In case the ears get clogged the pressure is released by popping of the ears. This is achieved by swallowing, yawning, and trying to blow the nose. When ear pops the tunnel opens and allows the pressure to release from the ear.
Reasons why nasal obstruction causes clogged ears:
- Mucosal Swelling: When the nose is obstructed, the nasal lining might swell thus making it difficult to breath. This might also lead to swelling in the tunnel of the ear causing it to shut down. Sometimes an ear pop does not happen in this condition and this is called as Eustachian tube dysfunction.
- Negative Pressure inside the Nose: In nose obstruction when the patient tries to breathe through the nose there is negative pressure. This might build up near the opening of the Eustachian tube or the back of the nose. This pressure gets transmitted to the ear and results in a negative pressure in the ear which leads to the clogging of the ear.
- Bernoulli's Principle: This principle states that in case of an inviscid flow, increase in speed of the fluid happens side by side with a pressure decrease.
Causes of Nasal Obstruction:
Obstruction or congestion of the nose leads to a stuffy and inflamed nose. In minor illnesses like fever, cold, sinus infection and flu stuffy nose can happen. This congestion might last for a week. In case the congestion is long term then the causes for it are:
- Allergies and hay fever
- Chemical and environmental irritants
- Septum deviation
- Chronic sinusitis that has lasted for too long
- Nasal polyps and benign tumors
Symptoms of nasal decongestion are runny or stuffy nose, painful sinus, and swollen nasal tissues along with mucus buildup.
Treatment for Nasal Decongestion:
Once the nasal congestion has been found and the cause behind it has been analyzed, then treatment is must. Treatment usually includes prescription medication or over the counter drugs. Medication of the nasal decongestion involves the following:
- Oral Antihistamines: These are helpful in treating allergies. Common ones are loratadine (Claritin) and cetirizine (Zyrtec)
- Nasal Sprays: Nasal sprays which contain antihistamine like azelastine (Astelin, Astepro)
- Nasal Steroids: Examples of this are mometasone (Asmanex Twisthaler) or fluticasone (Flovent Diskus, Flovent HFA)
- Over the counter or prescription decongestants