Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Avantika Sharma
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Avantika SharmaYour feedback matters!
I took premont n for 4 days, and it's been 4 days since I stopped taking it, still my periods did not occur. Is it normal?
- Boils: Make ashes from dry leaves of Neem and mix it with Neem oil. Use this preparation externally on Boils. And Also take juice of neem leaves regularly.
- Gas : take shivakshar pachan churna 2 to 4 grams twice a day after meal.
- Fullness of Stomach: Fry Garlic with Til Oil and give to eat in 5 to 10 pieces. Light massage with castor oil over the belly and get steam after massage.
- Skin diseases: In each type of Skin disease have to take bath with a water made with Neem leaves and take Manjisthadi Decoction in prescribed quantity.
It’s been long known about the numerous health benefits of beetroot. Surprisingly though, beetroot has some not-so-known qualities such as increasing stamina, removing skin blemishes and increasing the glow of the face. Apart from this, it can fetch benefits to the skin, hair and the overall health. In this article, we will discuss the benefits of beetroot consumption in vivid detail.
- Reduces the impact of aging: Beetroot being a great antioxidant successfully blocks free radicals and helps to fight the symptoms of aging. All it requires is a medium slice beetroot. The juice should be extracted from it and the pulp needs to be removed. The juice then could be applied to the face using cotton balls. Applying this simple solution once in a week can fetch dramatic results.
- Reduces blemish and pigmentation: Beetroot is one of the few vegetables that have a large amount of vitamin C embedded in it. It helps the skin to retain its original color, reduces blemishes and pigmentation. 3-4 cubes of beetroot serving twice a week should do the trick.
- Hair loss: Beetroot is a great source of food to stay away from hair loss. Being a good source of potassium, beetroot can prevent hair loss and enhance hair growth. A weekly serving of 3-4 cube of beetroot over a span of few months will show visible results.
- Improves liver function: Beetroot contains glutathione that is known to be a great agent for the liver. It acts as a detox diet and helps in functioning of the liver. This liver, in turn, helps the body to detox. Beetroot also helps in the regeneration of cells of the liver.
- Boost hemoglobin: Beetroot is an excellent source of iron and folate. These are the nutrients that are required for the body to maintain an adequate amount of hemoglobin in the body. A deficiency in the hemoglobin level can lead to anemia. Regular consumption of beetroot can ensure that a person refrains from deadly diseases such as anemia.
- Fight inflammation: Some typical symptoms of inflammation include infection, trauma etc. This is a sign of the immune system not acting efficiently against sudden panic. Some typical symptoms include pain, redness, swelling etc. Beetroot in known to have a super-efficient anti-inflammatory response. Injection of beetroot is often suggested by medical practitioners.
- Cancer prevention: Beetroot can elevate the level of oxygen in the blood. Since cancer cells are acidic in nature, beetroot can successfully neutralize them due to its alkaline nature. Owing to this anti-cancer properties, oncologists often suggests the intake of beetroot juice on a regular basis to patients suffering from liver, rectal, colon and various other types of cancer. 2 glasses of beetroot juice are often recommended for cancer patients.
My friend and her boyfriend had sex on 3rd of may and her dates are from 28 the boy uses the condom and also gives the unwanted 72 to my friend but its 11 today and she has not got the periods yet and on 28 may a small spot of blood was occurred but it is almost 14 days delayed from the periods please tell me is she pregnant?
After how many days after sex a women come to know that she is pregnant. For an example a woman had sex on date 22 and that is the day of her periods to come but that day her periods not appear so there is any chance to get pregnant. One more thin if she has a problem of irregular periods date. Or a weak later her periods not come. please answer as soon as possible.
1. Root vegetables
Local produce can be hard to find when cold weather inhibits crop growth. But root vegetables like beets, carrots and turnips can withstand the cold, so local farmers can provide fresh produce and you can reap the benefits. Roast carrots for a boost of beta-carotene, or boil turnips for vitamins c and a.
Oatmeal is much more than just a convenient breakfast food; it also provides nutrients that are essential during winter. Oatmeal is high in zinc (important for proper immune function) and soluble fiber (associated with heart health). Although instant oatmeal is more convenient, it is a bit more expensive. To eat healthy on a budget, go with old-fashioned oats.
Soup is winter's perfect food as long as you hold the cream, salt and beef. Look for soup recipes that call for chicken broth, vegetable broth or water as the base and include a lot of vegetables. Pair your soup with a side of 100 percent whole grain crackers for a dose of grains. Don't have any recipes handy? try cleveland clinic's tasty and healthy collard and lentil soup.
For a suprising alternative to typical comfort foods often loaded with fat and sugar try sushi. Choose rolls lined with tuna or salmon. Both are good sources of vitamin d. During the winter months, when you have limited exposure to the sun, food sources of the bone-healthy vitamin become even more essential. Vitamin d deficiency is associated with impaired growth, weakening of the bones and even the risk of heart disease.
Aside from getting the flu shot and washing your hands regularly, these cruciferous vegetables may be your top defense against winter sickness. Broccoli and cauliflower are both high in vitamin c, which is associated with enhanced immune function. If you can't find fresh versions, don't fret frozen broccoli and cauliflower are just as nutritious.
Kya periods ke 2 din pahele pregnancy ho sakti hai mam ultrasound se yeh pata chal sakta hai ye kis date mein pregnant hui tell me aur mam 24th day pregnancy ho sakti hai.
Hi Doctors I am 14 year old girl and today some blood comes from my vagina .it is first time that blood come from my vagina .i don't know why it come .it was so paining .please help me to reduce it. I do not know about it please doctor please help me.
Whether we are a fitness freak or a low key exerciser, we all want to get the best out of our workout routine. You have the enthusiasm, time, workout gear and are all set to hit the gym. But before you do, here are the top things you must avoid before your workout.
1. Eat too much
Don’t eat right before your workout time as this will not give enough time for the body to digest the food. Eat healthy and well ahead of your workout schedule in order to prevent acid reflux or heartburns during your workout. Also, don’t exercise with an empty stomach as your body needs its energy to engage in any kind of activity.
2. Drink too much
You may think that it is a good idea to have a couple of glasses of water before you start your workout. However in reality, it would do you more harm than help. Drinking water excessively can decrease the salt content in your blood and cause dizziness or nausea. Drink water consistently throughout the day, so that you are not left drinking too much right before your exercise.
3. Do static stretching
Isn’t stretching good before the workout? Well, recent studies have found that stretching is not all that helpful before the start of the workout. It can increase your chances of getting hurt and leave you worse-off. But, don’t forget to warm up before. You can do a simple warm up like light jogging or some jumping jacks to get you into the groove.
4. Sleep too much
Again, like drinking or eating, sleeping can also impact your exercise. A power nap can leave you energized and fresh before the workout, but sleeping too much can make you feel lethargic and sluggish. Postpone your sleep routine for after-exercise hours.
You might feel tempted to take a dose of over-the-counter painkillers for any sort of discomfort or pain that you might be facing. But popping these pills right before the workout is an absolute killer. You will feel sore and put your health at risk, if you do so.
6. Drink alcohol
Alcohol can lower your blood sugar level and cause dehydration. The combination of booze and exercise is not healthy and could lead to several hazards during your workout. So, stay away from alcohol; even a glass of wine can cause harm.
7. Overdress or underdress
Proper apparel is essential for workout. Wear what you are comfortable with and choose the right fabrics. Don’t add too many layers and let your skin breathe. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!