Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
I am 25 year old I was plan for child. So what will I do. I period coming on this moth 12/2/16 so what should I do. I have completed 9month for marriage? Please suggest me the good thing?
Fishes are depositories of the good nutrients that are essential for maintaining the optimal health of the human body. Broadly speaking, fishes have high protein and low-fat content, which helps to boost up the metabolism and immunity of the body. A fish meat in the diet is very often suggested by doctors for women during their pregnancy, even to the women who are vegetarians.
There are certain dishes which are low on mercurial content and high on minerals and beneficial acids, which are recommended to consume during pregnancy. These include fishes like Salmon, Anchovies, Herring, Sardines, Trout, Pollock, Catfish, Atlantic and Pacific Mackerel. As per the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) pregnant women can safely eat up to 12 ounces (340 grams) of seafood in a given week. Here are certain reasons which make fish consumption essential for a pregnant woman.
- The presence of omega-3 fatty acids - One of the main highlights of fish meat is Omega-3 fat or Omega-3 fatty acids. It is a form of unsaturated fatty acid that is commonly found in fish oils secreted by the meat of the fish. These acids, mainly help the baby to develop its brain and the eyesight faster and better. Additionally, it also helps in energy storage, oxygen transport, cell membrane function, and regulation of inflammation in the mother's body.
- Low Fat Substitute - It is a known fact that fishes are rich sources of protein and vitamins like Vitamin C and D. They are usually low on all forms of fat, saturated fat and fatty acids. This helps to avoid fat accumulation in the fetus as well as in the mother's body.
- Better development of the baby - It is a scientifically proven fact that, higher fish consumption by women during their pregnancy is associated with increased cognitive scores, and decreased the risk of autistic symptoms (a brain development disorder found in children).
Conclusively, fishes have always been a desirable food to consume during pregnancy by women. But, you should always be careful while fish consumption, due to pollutants like mercury and PCBs (Polychlorinated biphenyls, which is a form of a chemically reactive substance), which are harmful to the baby as well as the mother.
I am 2nd month pregnant nw. doctor prescribed only folic acid tab n she said no need of any vitamin n mineral tablet till 3rd mnth. Bt I am nt taking food properly due to morningsickness n nausea. Wat abt my baby she will grow healthy? First 3mnts are crucial for fetal growth, why doc didn't prescribed me any tabs?
I am 30 years old. I have pcos hormone imbalance past 7 years. And I had laparoscopy on 5 months back to remove my fibroid cyst and pcos. After two months I got conceived with help of ovulation injection. At week 6, I had bleeding around 3 hours. After that doctor prescribed me duphaston 10 mg 2 tablets every 4 hours. I hav continuously taken tablet till now. At week 7 to 9 I had some dark brown discharge on and off. Now 12 weeks. At week 10 I heard heartbeat. Yesterday I was with severe vomit ends up with small bloodline with food. My gyn suggested to take pan 40 and emiset 4 mg. Is it safe to my condition. I had taken only one dose yesterday night. Vomit stopped. But wrying about miscarriage or birth defects with my baby. Is one dose affect baby. Please help me. Still I am having white cervix mucus. Felt guilty taking that tablet.
My wife is seven weeks pregnant and we went for our first scan today. They said that the heart beat and growth is normal. But they said that there is slight internal bleeding inside the uterus and they advised to take hormonal injection twice a week. Is there anything to be worried of or is this normal?
I feel my virgina is loose as I do not feel any pain during sex and I finish up really soon, kindly suggest me the medicine or cream to get my virgina resize as I was virgin Prescribe the best treatment.
In 6 week pregnancy if she is suffering from fever and some cold and cough. Then regular medicine useful or not.
My friend missed her period which was on 6th nov She has unprotected sex a month before 9th oct and she took pills within 48 hrs. Few days later she had some red discharge but still today she had not got her periods the pregnancy test results are negative but can she take unwanted kit? Or she should wait if there is no chance of pregnancy? please sugest something.
Hi im 9 weeks 4 days pregnant. My ultra sound report is Placenta cp: posterior upto os and grade - My cervical length 3.8 CMS (tvs) internal os closed This is my first pregnancy. Im so worried about my pregnancy please Dr. tell what I do Its save or not and what will I do Dr. lme take a rest otherwise bleeding will start please suggest me what I do Can I take full bed rest Thanks.
Is it normal to have twice periods in a month post delivery. My baby is now 4 months old and since last two months I am getting periods twice a month. Is it normal?
I'm 23 years old. While doing romance with my boyfriend we do everything except intercourse. He use jerk and sometimes soon sperm comes out. He uses tissue to wipe. On that time he used to finger me with same hand without washing it. I was afraid to get pregnant with his act. Is it possible? Accidentally to get pregnant? I'm still virgin.
I'm a 24 year old woman whose pregnant. It's my first baby and I'm really scared about things I can eat and what I cannot. Can you please brief me about things I should not eat or drink during my pregnancy. I just completed 4 weeks of my pregnancy.
Menopause is the loss of a woman's natural ability to conceive as she approaches the age of 50. The levels of the female sex hormones estrogen and progesterone begin to drop disrupting the ovulation and menstruation cycles. There are also associated symptoms of menopause, such as weigh gain, low sex drive and hot flashes. You can also take the package for Living Healthy - Woman.
Here are 5 other problems you may experience after menopause:
- Increased level of cholesterol: The human body comprises two types of cholesterol primarily: High Density Lipoprotein (HDL) and Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL). The former is known as "good cholesterol". Estrogen helps to keep your HDL high and LDL low. After menopause, the levels of LDL or "bad cholesterol" naturally go up even if HDL levels remain unaltered. Regular physical exercise can prevent the rise in the levels of LDL.
- Dry skin: Estrogen is responsible for controlling the production of oil in your body. As estrogen levels fall, the oil secretion falls too. This leads to dry and scaly skin, especially skin of the face and arms. You can use moisturizers and creams to prevent flaking of the skin.
- Hair fall: This is also a result of dry skin. The skin of the scalp dries up and cannot provide nourishment to the hair. This causes hair fall. The variability in the levels of the hormones also causes deficiency of certain proteins that are essential for the nails and hair. Use mild herbal shampoos to deal with the problem. Chemical treatment procedures often do more harm than good.
- Unsocial tendencies: The irregularities in the production of the female hormones have an impact on your emotional and social behavior. You may want to spend more and more time by yourself instead of socializing with friends and relatives. These are not symptoms of depression or any other psychological condition. It is simply an emotional transference period.
- Drowsiness: While insomnia is one of the most symptoms of menopause, the situation somewhat reverses after some time. Menopause causes changes in the body weight, hormone cycles and metabolism. All of these, in turn, affect your energy levels. You feel extremely sleepy during the day, especially in the afternoon. However, sleeping during the day can cause sleeping problems at night. So, do not take a nap for more than half an hour during the day.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Hi my periods are late by 5 day this month. What should I do? I and my boyfriend we had sex during my periods on the 1st day and prior the next day I took i-pill tablet. I am sure I dint get any symptom for pregnancy the day after till today. I am little worried though as to my my periods are late. Please advice me what should I do.
Last months she had only 3 days period. N now dis months flow is very less but pain is more n more in back side n in lower abdomen. please help why this is happening please.
Yesterday I did a oral sex with my gf it was the first time we did something like that in our life we both are virgin during oral sex I licked her vagina and from today morning my throat is getting reddish there is neither any swelling nor mucus or cough I am having little bit pain in my throat if I rate it on 10 it is 0.5 She has a normal and healthy vagina she is not suffering from any infection And we both are not suffering from hiv or any other std.
Piercing is a form of body ornamentation. It involves the use of needles to pierce through the skin and attach a piece of jewellery to the skin. The purpose of piercing is to beautify and in case of genital piercing, it comes with the additional perks of sexual stimulation. However, this completely depends on individual preference. In the female genital anatomy, several parts are suitable for piercing. This includes the clitoral hood, the labia and the vulva vestibule.
How piercing should be done?
1. The skin around the area where the piercing is to be done must be cleaned with antiseptic.
2. A topical anaesthetic may be applied to temporarily numb the area to be pierced. This helps to control pain.
3. Any piercing must be carried out by a licensed, well-practised professional.
4. Piercing must be done with the use of new, unused, sterilized needles, which are easily disposable.
5. After-care must be provided immediately after the piercing. This includes the application of medicated healing creams, or an ice pack that relieves the pain of piercing. Typically a piercing should heal completely by the sixth week.
Risks associated with vaginal piercing
1. Wrong technique of piercing can lead to uncontrollable bleeding and wounds.
2. Poor placement of jewellery can cause the piercing to heal very slowly and painfully.
3. Poor sterilization of needles and unhygienic methods can cause severe skin infections and other complications.
4. Tearing of skin or sagging of the clitoral hood, or labia can occur due to the improper weight of the jewellery placed.
5. Spread of genital disease may occur if the piercer does not use gloves or antiseptic during the procedure.
Never opt for a piercing just because your friends are getting it done. A healthy method of getting pierced involves an understanding of your anatomy, skin type, tolerance of certain kinds of metal on your skin and extremely hygienic conditions. It sure is fashionable and may appeal to people with a different sense of aesthetics, but you must never ignore the risks. Do a thorough background check of the piercer you would like to visit and the possible after care products that you can use. It would also help to quickly get a check up done by a doctor before going ahead with the piercing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.