Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Avantika DagarYour feedback matters!
Sex krne ke bad agar period tym se 10 din phle hi aa jaye to girl pregnant ho skti h ya ni. Please tell me.
My wife age is 33 years and having sugar and done a angioplasty 3 years ago can she became a pregnant. Presently medicine is taken what should I do?
Hello Dr. Is there any possibility of pregnancy after mensuration? I had physical contact with my gf. After contact I feed her E 73 Pill and stop physical contact. And in next week her mensuration began for 4 days. She had irregular mensuration cycle problem. Now is there any chance of pregnancy? After that her m. C is happen yet 45 days. Is any problem with that. I would like to request you suggest me about that. Thank you.
Dear Sir/Mam I hav read somewhere on net that by doing oral sex with women there are strong chances of having throat cancer? please tell me about the adverse effect of oral sex.
Hi Dr, My wife got 4 abortions. All 4 abortions happened during early pregnancy weeks I.e 3rd and 2nd week after pregnancy confirmed. We have done torch test. My wife torch test report is positive for igG rubella and igG herpes simplex antibodies igG. Rest of all the tests are negative. Does simples antibodies igG leads abortion during early weeks of pregnancy? Does, infection can be transmitted to husband and baby? If yes what are the adverse effects? What kind of treatment need to take? We were married 11 months ago. Kindly advise us if we need to take treatment.
Respected Doctor, My age is 33 yrs, and i have undergone Laproscopy in may 2014.After trying hard for 6 months i was not able to conceive n so my gynac had adviced me for ICSI. I had ungergone the treament in jan 2015, n my result was negative,my gynac have advised me to again undergo ICSI in the month of july.(in january my embroys was not grown at all i.E 3 embroys were inserted .)can u pls guide me as for the next procedure.
I have missed mc on 6th march and I have test the pregnancy on 16th and 18th march but the result was negative. I have tested it with prega newsand Velosit. What should I do? Should I wait for the next test?
My wife is 45 years old. She has been suffering from small myomas (2 nos. Of 20 mm. Approx.). She is under going treatment of general medicine and homeopathy also but the myomas is still exists on the wall of uterus without changing its shape. What steps shall have to take to remove the myomases to recover, if the same are dangerous or not.
It is seen that many people still think that tetanus is caused due to injuries by iron objects only. This is a gross misconception. Any injury, where there is a breach in continuity of skin, may it be by any object, thorn prick, animal bite, surgical trauma tetanus may be caused if the injury gets infected by tetanus spores. It is necessary to get complete immunisation by taking 2 doses at a 1-month interval, one booster after 1 year and then boosters every 5 years.
I have had intercourse with unknown girl first time and during the sex condom thrashed inside her vagina and I took it out immediately. This was first time I have done mistake approaching unknown girl with friends so am afraid. Can you please suggest the how does HIV virus works and am not sure that girl health condition. Please help me what to do. Your answer will help someone life on whom many are depended. Thank you.
Hello Doctor! My age is 32. Weight 60kg. I am trying from past 2 years but no luck. I always have a 26 days cycle. My Amh is low >0.30. I got my periods on 21st April. In this cycle my period just came for 2 days I am planning for IVF with donor egg I had gone for scan today as per that it said I had ovulated today is my 7th day and had a small cyst what does this indicate. I had 4 follicle cycles before but I never ovulated. Does it mean I ovulate during menses Is it possible to ovulate without an egg release. I always keep relation in ovulation days from 10th day to 20th day But I am totally confused as I have never got pregnant I always get my periods I am going to start my IVF cycle from next month kindly advice me.
There are times when you are either too stressed or too pained to feel good about anything. Stress from hectic work schedule and daily life gets you and makes you prone to health issues or feeling depressed and lonely. The resultant extreme mood swings take over your life and you are no longer in control!
One very effective and interesting way to beat the stress is to switch on some Music!
Research has proven that soothing music such as classical instrumental pieces seem ‘melodious’ to us because of the calming wavelengths that they resonate at. These sound waves produce a sense of harmony and well-being in our minds. As we listen, these sound waves ease out our ‘stress’ and relax the nervous system. Stress is your worst enemy and the only way to live life is to enjoy every moment of it!
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I want to know that do using condoms has any sideeffects do using it gives rashes on the skin do it makes skin dry after use and do it leads to erectile dysfunction. I know it is safe for sex what kind of condoms do I use to avoid the above problems.
What is your usual morning routine? wake up, have some coffee, open your eyes and let the day begin. Coffee is addictive and how! there are people whose day cant end unless they're consumed their daily 5 cups of coffee. Its very important to understand when to take coffee in how much quantity so that, you can benefit rather than health issues. You could be the judge of that after reading these pro’s and cons of the effect of coffee on our health
Coffee is made from seeds, and like all other seeds it has protective compounds. Coffee can prevent strokes as well as lower our risk of parkinson's and dementia.
Coffee boosts our concentration and memory
Coffee lowers the risk of oral cancer. Decaf has a much weaker effect for the same while tea had no effect at all.
Studies show that high consumption of caffeine reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes.
The caffeine in coffee controls many brain functions e. G. Mood, energy levels, vigilance and even reaction time.
Caffeine can boost ones metabolic rate drastically, which basically means an increase in the burning of fat weight loss!
A single cup of coffee contains vitamin b5, vitamin b2, potassium, manganese and magnesium all essential and important nutrients.
Coffee contains stimulants which can drastically lower the risk of developing depression.
Coffee can disrupt sleep patterns which leads to restless sleep and finally insomnia.
Coffee can lead to spinal bone loss in those people who aren't getting enough calcium on a daily basis.
The acidity in coffee can irritate your stomach lining which could eventually lead to ulcers, gastritis and even crohn's disease!
The over consumption of coffee can lead to headaches, and sometimes even migraines.
Caffeine can cause a sharp increase in blood pressure levels those with blood pressure problems must limit themselves.
Regular coffee drinkers are at a risk of dehydration they must take measures to ensure they're always hydrated.
You've got the rundown on its effects, now it's your turn to choose your side. Pro coffee or anti coffee?
In case of any diet/nutrition related query or to book an appointment with dt. Silky mahajan please send us a mail at info@foodsandnutrition. In or call on 080 6741 7780 (dial extension: 778)
A gynecologist is a doctor who deals with the health and well-being of the female reproductive system as a whole. These doctors usually deal with problems relating to all the organs of the reproductive system and issues faced while having a baby.
The most common reasons to visit a gynecologist are enlisted below.
- Menstrual irregularities - The menstrual health of any person is directly related to the overall health of that person. Ideally speaking, your menstrual cycle should have a regular and constant pattern. The common signs of having menstrual irregularities are periods lasting for more than 7 days, abrupt delay in the occurrence of periods, having extremely heavy or light bleeding during periods, missing a period, and such other issues.
- Breast problems - The breast problems which you might face at any point of time in your life may also be connected to having abnormal menstrual conditions. The common abnormalities seen by women in their breasts include breast discomfort during periods, abnormal breast changes, breast discharges, lump formations in breasts, and such others.
- Lower abdominal pain - Lower abdominal pain refers to any sensations of irritation and discomfort in the area above the pelvic region. The most common examples of this type of pain are menstrual cramps in the abdomen, lumps in the abdomen and abdominal pain during sexual intercourse. So if you see visible signs of discomfort and pain, then you should go to a gynecologist at the earliest opportunity.
- Pre-pregnancy counseling - A gynecologist is the most appropriate person you need to visit before you plan to have a baby. The doctor mostly recommends a complete health checkup so that you have a smooth pregnancy without any complications.
- General well-being - Gynecologists also take care of your overall vaginal health. It is very essential to have a healthy vagina for women, to ensure that it may not cause further health complications. Additionally, you may also visit gynecologists if you have breast cancer, ovarian cancer, cervical cancer or if you are experiencing symptoms of menopause.
Related Tip: 6 Nutrients Women Need The Most
I'm having trouble with periods since start. My first period also I got at age of 16 from medicine I took suggested by my doctor. I'm 20 now. They are irregular since then having at least two months gap. I've to take medicines mostly for it. Is there way to make it natural and regular?
Please help. My last periods was on 4th July. I had unprotected sex on15 July. Took Ipill next day evening.(16th July). I washed my private part after intercourse as not sure if my partner ejaculated in vagina. Please help. Any medicines to abort incase I get Pregnant? When can I expect my next periods?
Your genetic background influences where your body fat is stored. In case your mother or father has fat stored in the abdomen, hips, waist or in the thigh, it is likely for you to develop deposits of fat in the same regions.
Circumstances of genetic fat
1. You may have a proper or a balanced BMI (body mass index) but still tend to develop bulges in areas, which are likely to make you look disproportional.
2. You may become obese by development of excess fat accumulation in the lower abdomen region, referred to as pannus. Extra fat may accumulate in your lower back and hips as well, which cannot be lost in spite of taking weight losing measures.
Liposuction to get rid of extra fat
Liposuction is a cosmetic surgery that allows you to remove genetic fat or any extra fat from the body, in order to change the body's shape. Liposuction does not remove cellulites and tightening of loose skin cannot be done.
Liposuction removes excess fat from the body by suction. Small, narrow tubes with blunt tips known as the cannulae are inserted through incisions in the skin surface. The tubes are moved under the skin to target the suction of fat deposits.
There are several types of liposuction techniques.
1. Tumescent liposuction: In this form of liposuction, a wetting solution such as lidocaine with a local anesthetic is injected into the patient before surgery. This causes the shrinking or constriction of blood vessels due to which it allows liposuction to be performed while the patient is under local anaesthesia. Blood loss and post surgical pains are reduced.
2. Suction assisted liposuction:This mode of liposuction also known as SAL is the most primary form of liposuction. It involves drawing out of fat using a vacuum.
3. Power assisted liposuction: This liposuction technique called PAL in short involves the process of SAL with an extra tool for increasing the motion of the cannula. The process is faster.
4. Ultrasound assisted liposuction: This process (UAL) involves the transmission of energy via a specialized hand piece for loosening and melting of fat. A greater volume of fat can be removed via UAL. VASER is a variation of the UAL method where an ultrasonic cannula with grooves helps in energy disruption to improve removal of fat.
5. Laser assisted liposuction: LAL is a newly developed liposuction technology where a laser works like an ultrasound for disruption and removal of fat cells. This mode is more efficient and involves less trauma.
Liposuction is an effective way to remove unwanted, genetic fat from your body, which may be harming your body image. However, liposuction is associated with severe side effects.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.