Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Veterinarians in India. You will find Veterinarians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Veterinarians online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashok Mahto
Treatments For Birds
Neurosurgery In Dogs And Cats
Services For Birds
Treatment For Reptiles
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Veterinary Surgery Soft Tissue
Submit a review for Dr. Ashok MahtoYour feedback matters!
I have a 4 months labrador and now a days he is shedding hairs very much. Please suggest me any medicine to control shedding.
Hi, I have a two-year old male cocker spaniel named Zorro. He starts barking whenever he says a stranger on the road be it kids or others or even other dogs. But he absolutely loves the people he knows apart from his family. Since we stay in an apartment I've been trying to figure out what could be done to make him a lil friendly towards people that will calm him down when I walk him daily. He doesn't try to bitw or anything, just barks non-stop. Kindly give me some insight on this. Thanks.
Eating a well-balanced diet is the first step towards staying healthy. We all know that our diet should contain plenty of whole grains, fruits and vegetables. However, did you know that some foods are healthier than others?
Here are the 10 most nutritious foods in the world:
- Salmon: Salmon is a fatty fish that contains plenty of Omega-3 fatty acids along with other nutrients. These are essential for the optimal functioning of the body. It also lowers the risk of dementia, heart disease, depression and a host of other common diseases.
- Kale: Kale is a leafy green vegetable that is rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals and a number of other antioxidants. It has a very low calorific value and is considered to be even healthier than spinach. The Isothiocyanates and other bioactive compounds in kale can protect a person from some types of cancer.
- Garlic: Along with vitamin and minerals such as calcium, copper, potassium and manganese, garlic also contains Alicen. This has the ability to lower blood pressure, cholesterol and can fight cancer. Garlic also contains pathogens that help in fighting against bacteria and fungi.
- Shellfish: Shellfish includes foods such as prawns, clams, oysters, etc. They are loaded with Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, iron, zinc, selenium, and copper amongst other nutrients. They are considered the most nutritious organism in the sea.
- Blueberry: Blueberry contains flavonoids known as anthocyanins. These have the ability to protect against cancer, heart disease, memory loss and age-related blindness. The epicatechins in blueberry juice also lower the risk of urinary tract infections.
- Broccoli: Sulpher compounds such as sulforaphane can fight against certain types of cancer such as lung cancer, stomach cancer and breast cancer. These compounds pass a signal to genes to increase production of enzymes that detoxify the body. It also contains beta-carotene that safeguards your brain cells and protects your eyes from cataracts.
- Chocolate: Dark chocolate is considered an indulgence but is in fact very good for you. The flavonoids and anti-oxidants contained in it help lower blood pressure, keep blood clots from developing and slow down the cholesterol oxidation process. It also has the ability to lower insulin resistance.
- Flax seeds: Flax seeds are rich in fiber and lignans. These compounds block estrogen receptors and help reduce the risk of cancer caused by hormone fluctuations. They also contain alpha-linolenic acids that are used by the body to produce omega 3 fatty acids.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is a great source of calcium and probiotics. This helps keep the gut healthy and in turn boosts the immune system. It also lowers the risk of urinary tract infections, yeast infection and ulcers.
- Avocado: Avocado can help lower cholesterol and are effective in reducing the risk of heart diseases. They are also rich in antioxidants such as glutathione.
Hi Doctor, We had given all vaccination's to our myson ,who is 2+ , lebra but some time we had noticed that he don't eat and avoid eating any thing. Also we had noticed that he want to have sex but after talking to so many people we are unable to get any friend for him. Would like to kindly suggest in this regards.
My rabbit is of 2 1/2 month old and he is not feeling well. Both ears are down and eyes almost closed but is moving slowly! what should I do:(
Hello, I got a puppy 20 days ago she's 2 months old and she bites alot. I already got 4 anti rabies shots but she scratched me again so do I need to take more anti rabid shots or the shots I got already they are enough P.s she is also vaccine 15 days ago with Nobivac RL and Nobivac DHPPi.
Mouth cap/basket muzzle
Cherry eye is a disorder of the nictitating membrane (nm), also called the third eyelid, present in the eyes of dogs and cats. Cherry eye is most often seen in young dogs under the age of two. Common misnomers include adenitis, hyperplasia, adenoma of the gland of the third eyelid; however, cherry eye is not caused by hyperplasia, neoplasia, or primary inflammation. In many species, the third eyelid plays an essential role in vision by supplying oxygen and nutrients to the eye via tear production. Normally, the gland can evert without detachment. Cherry eye results from a defect in the retinaculum which is responsible for anchoring the gland to the periorbita. This defect causes the gland to prolapse and protrude from the eye as a red fleshy mass. Problems arise as sensitive tissue dries out and is subjected to external trauma. Exposure of the tissue often results in secondary inflammation, swelling, or infection. If left untreated, this condition can lead to keratoconjunctivitis sicca (kcs) and other complications.