Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurosurgeons from across India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashit GuptaYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old whenever I sit ideal my mind will go blank and suddenly a giddiness kind of thing strike my mind. I feel like falling down. It will be there for complete 2 mins. So what to do kindly help.
My husband is 61 years, he is suffering right side neck nerve pain for two days, due to this he could not chew hard food items, and couldn't lift heavy vehicles like scooter, please advise him for his early recovery.
My mother is 65 years old. She is suffering from paralysis of right half from last 4 years. Although her right side is not totally paralyzed but she walks with the help of stick. She can't stay in a. C room even in extreme summers. In winters she use to feel teh right side very heavy. Her speech is fine. The only problem is with right side of body. Alopathic doctors use to give heavy medicines which she doesn't take regularly.
My wife aged 62 yrs diagnosed for Parkinson's taking rasolect. 5 ropark. 5 & pacitane 2 but no improvement.Please do help
My father is suffering from parkinson's disease. It has been diagnosed about 5 years back. For past 1 year he is also experiencing freeze. We consulted some doctors. Someone is saying he is having only parkinson and some other that he is having parkinson plus. We are really confused. I want to know what are the survival chances with both. Please advice.
Patient age is 76 male. Have a heart problem and blood clot in brain taking medicines .can you suggest what type of food and fruits can he eat please.
My wife is taking tegrital (Carbamazepine) 200 mg daily, earlier she was taking 600 mg daily but gradually reduced to 200. This medicine she is taking since the age of 12 due to seizures, and now she is 46 years old. The last attach had happened almost 15 years ago, hence my question is that she will continue the medicine or should stop it.
Ayurvedic Perspective of Migraine and its management
Migraine is one of the worst headaches a person can experience. It is described as a throbbing or pulsating pain that can be on one side of the head. It can begin in a specific area and then spread while it builds in intensity. A migraine is associated with nausea and vomiting. The person will also be sensitive to light, sounds and even certain smells. Sleeping can be difficult and many people become depressed. They can last for a couple of hours or for several days.
Therapies Generally Used.
External treatments along with the internal preparations are very effective in chronic conditions. Panchakarma helps to remove the accumulated toxins and help to strengthen the nerve system. Involvement of other systemic disorders is also taken into account before deciding the treatment protocols.
1. Thala pothichil : Various kinds of paste (grinded mixture of selected herbs in suitable liquid media ) over the forehead / entire head help for the sudden relief from the ache. The preparations help to normalize the hyper action of the nerve cells and regulates the blood circulation towards the brain
2. Thalam : Special herbal powders suitable to reduce the Dosha vitiation, are selected and mixed with suitable liquid media(oils/ghee) and this medicated herbal paste is applied lukewarm over the crown of head (Anatomically over the Bregma point on skull). (Dur 25-45min).
3. Shiro abhyanga : Head Massaging with Oils suitable for the Dosha vitiation, helps to increase the blood circulation towards brain and also helps to relax the spastic muscles on head. Special care is taken to massage the Marmas or the Vital points on head which have marvelous results.
4. Nasya : Nasya (application of herbal preparations through nostrils) is one of the treatments which directly acts on the nerves and removes the toxins accumulated in the sinuses. Mucus lining inside the nostrils are one of the areas where numerous nerve endings are exposed. The medicated oils applied through Nasya directly acts on these nerve endings and help to pacify Vata Dosha in disturbed nerves and control the abnormal impulses gernerated by these nerves. The special preparations used for Nasya drains the mucus deposited in the sinuses thereby the pressure in this area is relieved. The medicinal contents of the oils administered, stimulate the higher centers of brain which have actions on regulation of endocrine, nervous system and circulatory functions.
5. Shiro dhara : Shiro dhara with Takram (medicated butter milk) is also another important therapy which is used to control the vitiated vata kapha doshas localized head.(Dur 25-75min) Other Panchakarma treatments like Vasti (a course of medicated oil and decoction enemas), Virechana (purgation) also helps to put the toxins out from the body.
After the Panchakarma therapies, special preparations called Rasayana (immunoregulatory) is administered. Rasayana preparations improve the immune system further improving the perception of sense organs. Migraine due to other systemic involvement like psychological problems, digestive problems, blood pressure, ophthalmic problems, immune problem, improper menstruation, etc will be relieved when treated according to the specific treatment told for these diseases.
My mom is suffering from GLIOMA .5 times RADIO THERAPY has been done as there was a doubt between lymphoma and glioma after mri reports. She is in a state of unconsciousness from 3 days after 5th RADIO THERAPY. Her serum creatinine is 5.07 right now. Her body is swelled up. Kindly recommend what should be done nest to get her back in consciousness and to lower her creatinine?
I am 40 years old and having migraine since 30 years . Nowadays my sensitivity towards migraine has become more, I am experiencing extreme giddiness, like in fainting, while in sleeping posture. I fell in the bathroom and lost consciousness suddenly during a migraine attack once. My husband brought me outside and he observed that I was neither speaking or was responding to his speech. He said that all I did was kept staring. Then I became normal after 5 minutes and did not remember anything which happened after I lost my consciousness. And recently after a headache I came across a very unusual and very new kind of experience while asleep. I was sleeping and suddenly one side of my whole body became numb. I could not speak anything nor could I move any part of my body and could do nothing to call for help. This condition lasted for 10 to 15 seconds of time. Then it became normal and I fell asleep. It was normal after I woke up also but the migraine headache persisted.
My husband is having a migraine problem. In the high pain he takes zolmist spray. He takes the same almost once a day. Please advise is this the right medicine for the same.
I am suffering from Trigeminal Neuralgia in right side on face since last 3 years please suggest me the best treatment and doctors in Hyderabad.
Sometimes I have pain in half portion of my head at that time I have to grab painkiller Some Dr. Says that it is a symptoms of migraine effect stay away from hot weather.what to do
Hello. I am 24 years old. I have given birth to 2 months girl baby and sometimes I use to get severe shivering even when I took bath with hot water. That's one problem and another is still I'm just 40 kg. I'm not at all gaining weight. I take healthy and more food. Need to put on weight.
Hi, Dr. I have shivering problem from young age but now it increase more day by day now I m 41 yrs but I can't hold things properly while serving or filling something like tea, water or cutting or applying makeup so please help me get rid out of this problem.
While taking any objects with my hand on that time my hand was shaking why it was happening? Is there any solution.
One of the best pleasures of life is to watch a child grow up and begin to learn and explore new things in the surroundings. However, children affected by autism spectrum disorder (ASD) or autism may not be able to do this at the same pace as other kids. They are a little slow to respond and may not socialise very easily.
ASD is a collective term used for a range of symptoms, including poor verbal and nonverbal communication, poor social skills, repetitive behaviour, and impaired learning abilities. The onset and severity of symptoms also vary across children. While some show symptoms in preschool, others would be completely normal and start showing symptoms after a couple of years of schooling. The following are some symptoms that indicate the child could have autism.
- Lack of babbling by 9 months of age
- No response when called by their name even after 12 months of age
- Not uttering single words by the age of 16 months, two words by 24 months
- Lack of social skills including resistance to cuddling, not mingling with other kids
- Self-injurious behaviour like banging head on the wall, hurting a toy, etc.
Homeopathy offers safe, effective remedy for children with autism. Treatment regime is highly customised based on underlying and accompanying symptoms of each patient. The following are commonly used ingredients; however, self-medication is best avoided.
- Agaricus: The child talks and sings but does not respond. There is indifference, fearlessness, shouting, constant jerking of the head, difficulty reading, possible double vision and feels awkward physically and mentally.
- Carcinosin: The child is obstinate and has compulsive obsessive tendencies. It is hyperactive, does not sleep, has addictive tendencies, and likes to drink milk which worsens the symptoms.
- Androctonus: The child is destructive, suspicious, mischievous, but very quick to respond. The child behaves very well at times and can be very naughty at other times.
- Helleborus: The child is generally weak, slow to respond, appears thoughtless, often stares into air, and looks depressed with involuntary sighing and habit of lip biting. Sight, hearing, and taste could be affected.
- Cuprum Metallicum: The child is extremely tense, irritable, rigid, malicious, and very difficult to handle. Does not like to be touched or spoken to or played with. Can be aggressive with the parents, driving them to despair.
May have tics infestation on the scalp.
Another recent approach is the CEASE (Complete Elimination Autism Spectrum Expression) Therapy. This combines homoeopathy with orthomolecular medicines that provide the required nutrition for brain development (vitamins, minerals, omega-3 fatty acids, etc.) This helps in overall brain development and restoring function in affected children. As noted, the right potency of these products will determine the response to treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.