Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AshikYour feedback matters!
Hi, sir & madam, there is a doctor of Lybrate posted an article that drinking alcohol is beneficial like beer, red wine, whisky etc. They have healing power in many disease, is it true?
Question is about my penis size, I work in dubai, so I go vacation once s in year. When I on vacation my size if ok, but when I am back to gulf it start reducing.
I am having ulcer on my lower lip. The problem is that it is recurrent twice in a month. It is usually appearing when I am eating chicken. This starts about 6 years ago. Ot is very disturbing and the wound is very big size.
Im having a very painful grape sized external hemorrhoid since 3 days. Im 35 weeks pregnant and had no constipation as such. Do not know why this happened. My gynae has given me anovate cream and daflon 500 tablet. Its been 3 days now but im still in lot of pain. It pains to sit or stand or sleep. Im also taking isabgol with milk to have soft motions. I want to know how much take it will take for the pain to subside and the hemorrhoid to shrink? Since 3 days it has hardly reduced in size. I just want to get relief from the pain which is unbearable at times.
I have been approved for a penile implant. I am looking for resources about the surgery: how the implant works, how it helps the penis lengthen from a flaccid state to fully erect. Also, how do I find how much experience a doctor has in this area?
I am a 21 year old man. I have fever of 102 degree, little headache sometimes, pain in chest and cough and cold. What to do now. What to eat in this conditions and what to avoid.
I am having a pain in the left heal, pain increase to some extent wheni am in bed. What I have to do or take to get relief?
Six days before, I washed my shoes and left them in the open to dry. How ever a dog enter our compound and chewed my shoes inside. I wore those shoes the next day with socks and five days later, without sock. Is there any danger of me getting infected with the rabies virus?
I am 35 years old male and I have skin allergy at both side ankle of both legs. I don't feel pain over there but my skin color is changing which is looking very ugly. I am unable to use chappal or shorts, because it looks dark brown and ugly. I have used some lotions and creams as advised by a skin specialist. But there was no result. Please suggest some solution.
Home remedies for constipation in infants
Infants usually suffer from constipation when they are introduced to solid food. Insufficient intake of water, formula milk and lactose-intolerance are some of the other reasons of constipation in infants. It is very difficult to calm an infant when he/she is suffering from constipation. The little ones cannot express themselves completely but you can easily make out from their uncontrolled crying and the acute tummy ache; that they are suffering from constipation.
Here are some indian home remedies for constipation in infants:
- Raisins: Soak 4-5 raisins in water overnight. Squeeze the juice out of the swollen grapes and give this to your baby. It helps to pass motion very fast. Dry red grapes are much better than green ones to relieve constipation.
- Castor oil: Mix a few drops of castor oil with the mother’s milk and feed this to the baby. It can also be given with a teaspoon of lukewarm water. This dose needs to be given once a day till the baby is relieved.
- Spinach rice: Cook a small quantity of green gram dal with spinach puree and rice. Take a separate pan and add some oil and put the mixture of dal, spinach and rice in to this pan and simmer for a few minutes. This is a very effective home remedy for constipation in infants.
- Orange juice: During summers, add some water and dilute orange juice. This is the best way of getting rid of constipation. During winters, have this mix only in the afternoon.
Home remedies for constipation in pregnancy
Pregnant women are also very susceptible to constipation. They constantly think about how to get rid of constipation. Flatulence, gas and acidity problems are also very common during pregnancy. The major cause of constipation during pregnancy is hormonal change. Increased iron supplements, decreased food and water intake also add to the problem of constipation.
Here are a few natural home remedies for constipation in pregnancy:
- Watermelon: Boil some watermelon seeds and make tea with this seed extract. Sipping watermelon seeds tea helps to relieve constipation.
- Exercise: Regular exercise can help to relive constipation. However, care should be taken to avoid any strenuous exercise and check with your healthcare provider whether exercise is safe for you or not.
- Coconut oil: One tablespoon of coconut oil before each meal can help to soften the stool and facilitate easy bowel movement.
- Yoga: Yoga can help a great deal in relieving constipation. Pregnant women are taught various postures that are helpful while giving birth. These postures are also helpful in constipation. Keeping the knees at an angle of 90 degrees helps to evacuate the bowels. Another pose that is really helpful is the wind relieving pose. This pose will not only help to relieve constipation, it is also helpful in passing gas.
- Pregnant women may feel the need to urinate very often. They should never avoid the urge. Use the washroom as often as required. When you sit on the toilet seat, just relax your pelvic muscles. This helps to empty the bladder more fully and also relieves constipation.
Home remedies for constipation in adults :
Before you think of finding answer to the question, “how to get rid of constipation? “. It is important to first find the reason behind constipation. Health disorders such as hypothyroidism, colon cancer, parkinson’s diseases, improper diet, irregular potty habits, and inadequate intake of water, stress and lack of physical exercise are some of the causes of constipation in adults.
Here are a few indian home remedies for constipation in adults:
- Amla powder – Just take a teaspoon of amla powder with water every day before going to bed. Being a natural laxative, it is really helpful in relieving constipation.
- Lemon juice – Take a glass of lukewarm water and add one teaspoon of lemon juice and a pinch of salt to it. Drink this every morning on an empty stomach. The cleansing properties of lime and the lubricating properties of salt will help to evacuate the bowels without pain.
- Flaxseeds – Make a fine powder by grinding some flaxseeds along with a few sesame seeds, 2-3 sunflower seeds and a few almonds. Take one tablespoon of this mixture everyday to get rid of constipation.
- Guavas - Consuming guava seeds can help to relieve constipation, since they contain very high fiber content.
- Ghee with milk – Take a glass of hot milk and add a spoon of ghee to it. Drink it every night before you go to bed. This is an age old home remedy or constipation.
- Methi seeds – Soak a few methi seeds overnight and drink this water in the morning. This is a very effective indian home remedy to relive constipation.
- You may be interested in reading – benefits of methi seeds.
- Isabgol (psyllium husk) – This is one of the best way to get rid of constipation instantly. If you have been suffering from constipation for more than a day or 2, isabgol is your answer. Just mix 1-2 tsp isabgol in a glass of warm milk and consume at bedtime for a week. This will not only relieve constipation but it will also help in regularizing your bowel movements.
How can we detect and prevent diseases such as cheolara, rat fever, brain tumor, malaria, filaria at their early stage?
I am getting to much of a masturbation these days like daily and I do not if that is right or wrong? Can someone tell me about it? And if wrong what are its consequences?
The pitta dosha can be balanced by consuming fresh and whole foods, both raw and cooked. These foods are energising, cooling, dry, and have high carbohydrate content. They can effectively deal with pitta by fighting inflammation, absorb excess oil and liquid, and reduce internal heat. Pitta is basically liquid that is light, hot, sharp, oily and tends to spread fast. In light of this, the diet should comprise food that is dense, cool, dry and mild. Due to pitta’s substantive nature, a proper diet can help to strike the right balance.
Here is an overview of achieving a pitta balance to get rid of digestive problems:
- Cold food: Surprising as it may sound, food with a low temperature helps in balancing the pitta dosha compared to its hot counterparts. Raw foods tend to have a decreased temperature compared to the cooked ones. Having a good mix of raw fruits and vegetable is, therefore, part of a good a diet. Stay away from all types of caffeine and alcohol while following a pitta diet.
- Dense, nourishing and grounding food: Although heavy food might sound ideal to tackle light weight pitta, Ayurveda is the view that heavy food does more harm than good. Food that fits the bill includes root vegetables, cooking oils, grains, milk, and seeds. Since these foods tend to be sweet, it is necessary to ensure that a portion size is kept in mind and one must not overindulge in order to refrain from putting on weight. Food that should be slashed from the regular diet includes processed fast foods, pastries, heavy snacks that comprise chemicals and preservatives, and sweet beverages.
- Dry food instead of liquid: Between a semi-liquid and solid meal, the latter should be chosen since it helps in fighting pitta better. Some of the ideal food that fits the bill include pasta, potatoes, beans, oats, millet, corn and other leafy green vegetables. While cooking it is advised that a good quality ghee or oil is used. Some food stuff that needs to be totally slashed from the existing diet includes nuts, cheese, cream, olives eggs and nuts. Mild food:
In terms of food flavours, it makes sense to choose flavours that are gentler and milder in taste such as the ones found in apples, soft cheese, cucumbers and lime juice over sharp flavours such as vinegar, pineapple, old cheese, and pickles. Simultaneously stimulants such as hard alcohol, nicotine, drugs etc. should be completely eschewed in order to avoid indigestion. This is especially true during night-time when the level of indigestion is more due to reduced mobility of the body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.