Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Gurgaon and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Asha Sharma
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Asha SharmaYour feedback matters!
I'm 28 years old i'm having slight pain in my left breast from last 10 days my periods date was 18 july but till now periods are missing. This pain is cyclic r non cyclic I don't know. Do I go for ecg as its paining left side. And my both cholesterol good and bad are bit high.
I am 31yrs old and last year 22nd Feb 2014 I done my first abortion because of misscarge and then docter clean it. After that I didn't concive but last week I done my HSG test and my report is Finding PATENT LEFT FALLOPIAN TUBE AND BLOCKED RIGHT FALLOPIAN TUBE (CORNUAL END) and now my doctor give me placentrex injection 2ml for 10 days alternative day, for 7days ibuprofen tablets 400mg daily 2,and sisvit-cz for 10 days daily one, and M2 tone syrup for three times a day, all these medicines help me to concive please tell me
Stitches or sutures act as a closure for either surface wounds or deep wounds. Procedure to close a deep wound comprises of sewing the two edges and applying stitches under the skin surface.
Catagories of sutures
- Non-absorbable stitches: Such stitches are applied in case of skin wounds or internal wounds. Such stitches get healed quickly and are easy to remove. Non-absorbable stitches are made of natural fibers or synthetic threads like nylon polypropylene. As the name suggests, these stitches are either permanent or persist for a long time.
- Absorbable stitches: Such stitches are applied on layers, which have the property of healing quickly. They are very firm during the initial days. Then they start getting dissolved in the body.
Precautions taken by medical team before applying stitches to prevent infection
- Careful checking of nose for occurrence of germs before the start of operation.
- Skin must be cleansed prior to surgery.
- Sanitizing hands prior conducting the surgery.
- Usage of germ free gloves and sterile clothes while applying sutures.
- Prescribing antibiotics to the patients who may fear high risk of infection.
Precautions to be taken by patient to prevent infection
- Take a bath prior to surgery.
- Avoid using razor at the surgical site. The same can be carried out by using clippers by the surgery team itself.
- Keep all your jewellery aside before the operation starts. Do not apply nail polish.
- It is advised to cover up the wound. Try to keep the adjacent areas germ free. This is a crucial step in avoiding infection.
- Visit your doctor at once on finding redness around the wound.
When to see the doctor
Pain up to a certain threshold is normal. In case pain gets unbearable, the scene can be alarming. It may be an indication of infection. Taking immediate remedial steps is necessary to avoid infection or any other side effects post the surgery. On meeting with any of the following signs, it is better to consult doctor at once.
- If the skin around the wound gets swollen.
- If you detect redness around the wound.
- If the pain becomes unbearable.
- If the wound starts developing pus.
- If your body temperature increases abnormally or if you have fever.
- If you observe red streaks around the wound.
- If in case a stitch gets opened up and the edges of the suture start widening. This is the most alarming sign. In case a suture gets opened, you must immediately seek a remedy.
Ask your doctor for the precautions you can take to avoid experiencing any of the above signs. If you come across such alarming symptoms, rush to the nearest hospital and get the appropriate treatment. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!