Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best General Surgeons online in Gurgaon. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Arvind Chauhan
Submit a review for Dr. Arvind ChauhanYour feedback matters!
Flawless skin is becoming a thing of the past. Skin problems like acne, pimples, freckles, fine lines and wrinkles, to name a few are on a mercurial rise. Many find their skin to be losing its radiance at an alarming rate.
Water is one of the most important components that help in the process of digestion, blood circulation, mineral absorption and can have positive impact on your skin. Dehydration can take a toll on your skin, leaving it dry and lifeless. In order to ensure the health of your skin, it is highly recommended to keep your system hydrated. Following are the benefits of water:
- Moisturizes dry skin and lessens the appearance of wrinkles: Insufficient intake of water makes your skin appear dry and flaky; such a skin is more prone to wrinkling. When you drink sufficient water your skin cells hydrate from within. Hydrated skin is resilient in nature and therefore, it has less chance of suffering from premature wrinkling.
- Makes your skin appear younger: It is advised to drink minimum 8 glasses of water a day to keep your body hydrated. The condition of your health can be analyzed from the condition of your skin, as a body that is hydrated well, makes your skin appear healthy too.
- Get rid of dark circles: The problem of dark circles arises over the years due to the damage of the capillaries under the eyes. The skin around the eyes is thinner than facial skin, which hinders the smooth flow of fluid through them. Plenty intake of water on a regular basis can reduce the appearance of dark circles dramatically, making your skin appear healthy.
- Keeps skin soft: Skin is made up of 3 layers namely, epidermis, dermis and subcutaneous tissue. When the water content of the outermost layer of the epidermis is insufficient, your skin tends to lose elasticity and feel rough. Intake of adequate water hydrates the skin cells and makes them function properly, making your skin soft and supple.
- Improves skin tone: Water is known for its abilities to flush out toxins from your system and for maintaining the proper functioning of your kidneys. Sufficient intake of water ensures that harmful toxins and impurities are regularly flushed out of your system, thereby, adding a healthy glow to your skin.
I have mildly oily skin. I have acne issues. Tried a lot of allopathy medicines. It just acted too harsh and burned my skin. When I switched to homeopathy it suited better. But my chin still seems to be the target. Besides, there's no glow in my face. Please suggest me what to do to improve my skin tone and texture.
I am 21 year old girl suffering from the skin disease In my neck and shoulders there are white spots Which are very ugly to see I request for the better treatment Regards jenny.
Hello I am 23m. There are many sebaceous cyst on my balls skin. I want to know do apple cinder vinegar is able to drain the pus and cure them. Pls tell me in this regard.
I have dry skin and white patches on my face. Are the patches due to dry skin? What should I do to get even and fairer skin tone? Please suggest natural remedies as well.
The skin of a newborn baby is very fragile. It is thin and has low pigmentation. It takes quite some time (about a year) for the epidermis to develop and function effectively. Once the baby turns one, the skin gets thicker and more immune to skin problems. Here are some common skin problems found in almost every infant.
1 Diaper rash
Diaper rash is the development of red and inflamed skin in the area under the diaper. It is recommended to check the diaper for any wetness at regular intervals, and to change it when required. The diaper should not be too tight or left on too long. Applying a diaper rash ointment and keeping the area dry and open whenever possible can help in relieving your baby from the problem.
2 Baby acne
Development of acne/pimples on the skin of an infant is a common occurrence. It is advised to not to apply anything on it. It mostly resolves on its own in a couple of days.
3 Prickly heat
Prickly heat rashes are the rashes which develop on the face, neck, back or the bottom of the baby because of heat. To deal with this situation you should try to keep the infant cool and dry (not let him/her sweat) and ensure that they wear loose and comfortable clothes made of cotton.
Rashes that develop on the scalp, eyebrows, cheeks, chest, and/or neck of a newborn baby (up to 6 months), are known as seborrhea. It appears to be gruesome, but does not bother the baby. It is recommended to use mild baby shampoo and creams to get rid of the problem. If there is no improvement, see a dermatologist.
20% of the babies suffer from a very itchy skin rash known as 'eczema'. The affected area of the skin may turn red, ooze pus or crust over. It can be a result of an irritation caused due to sweating in a hot weather or due to the drying up of skin in a cold weather. Some clothing, specifically wool can even trigger this skin condition in a baby. A dermatologist or a pediatrician should be consulted in order to know what should be done.